• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

And he wasn't even huge at all in that game, except for the final battle.

And yet people still say that he's too big. I guess those same people didn't want to bother to 100% DK64. Though, to be fair, there is so much to do, but I digress. The argument is bogus.

D

Deleted member

...Do they?

I haven't seen anyone use that "argument" against K. Rool. Only Ridley.
I've seen some comments saying that King K. Rool is "too big."
I believe someone in this thread before said that some people in Japan call him "too big."

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If K. Rool is in, I HIGHLY doubt he'd appear at E3. Maybe post-E3 but before or after the 3DS game is released. We might get hints at him being in the game, unless we get a huge "big bad" trailer showing off all or most of the bad guys to appear in Smash Bros. Which I kinda doubt at this point.

Frankly, I think E3 will promote new franchise reps in Smash Bros. instead of new characters from existing franchises, including Palutena. I think Palutena is unlockable. Unless all unlockables are announced before the 3DS game releases, but I doubt that is the case as well.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
What do you feel about the idea of Nintendo revealing the full roster prior to release like with other recent games? (3D World, Mario Kart 8)

Personally it would be the last straw for me. Total and utter taboo.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
What do you feel about the idea of Nintendo revealing the full roster prior to release like with other recent games? (3D World, Mario Kart 8)

I still think he'll do like Brawl and reveal yet more fighrters AFTER the 3DS version releases. No worries.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't think it'd be a major deal. The roster is likely going to be leaked before the game is released anyway (if it hasn't already, although frankly I have severe doubts about the Sal Romano leak). We do already have 30 characters, so it could hint something, but I'm not so sure about that. My guess is E3 will have the final reveals of the game before launch and all remaining characters, plus a few of the known characters, will be unlockable.

And I don't think any additional Newcomers revealed before release will be from an existing franchise except for perhaps Ridley.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Personally, I want the final roster revealed as soon as possible just to get whatever reveals out of the way and begin dealing with whatever happens afterward.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm kinda in agreement. Rather than arguing about the roster, I'd like to just know who will be in the final roster as early as possible. I don't really see the big deal about the roster getting revealed early; the 3DS game is probably out next month anyway.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I want the final roster revealed as soon as possible just to get whatever reveals out of the way and begin dealing with whatever happens afterward.
I feel the same way. I want to be excited or disappointed now rather than later. Though, I doubt that they will reveal the whole roster at E3... which is a shame.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Would be nice to have a definitive answer. I just want to know the size of the roster. So many characters could be added but I doubt many will see the light of day. This is probably the worst waiting for game info period I have ever suffered. At least with brawl I had no worries. Now I dont know what to expect.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It's sad because there are so many characters who really deserve a spot on the roster, but we all know there can only be so many characters. I don't know why, but the disappointment seems stronger for this game when I find out a character will not be playable. I just want to know this roster now, and it's all in the hands of Sakurai.

I'm tired of speculation.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Would be nice to have a definitive answer. I just want to know the size of the roster. So many characters could be added but I doubt many will see the light of day. This is probably the worst waiting for game info period I have ever suffered. At least with brawl I had no worries. Now I dont know what to expect.
I feel the same way. All these rumors and speculation are affecting me far more than they should be.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The vast majority of E3 rumors are complete garbage, of course, but it's still disconcerting to think that, within a week, man-of-the-hour SalRomano could very easily put out a third batch of characters right before the conference, just like he did before last year's E3 and the Smash Direct.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
The reason I ask is that having that kind of stuff "spoiled" for me by Nintendo rather by my own hands kinda kills the enthusiasm a little.
Example: I have Mario Kart 8 in my hands right now. I know everything there is in that game without playing yet. And I've lost my initial excitement because of it. I have nothing fresh to look forward to.

...Also, do you like my new sig? ;)
I usually suck at homemade GIFs but I think I did pretty well..!

Last edited:

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
The reason I ask is that having that kind of stuff "spoiled" for me by Nintendo rather by my own hands kinda kills the enthusiasm a little.
Example: I have Mario Kart 8 in my hands right now. I know everything there is in that game without playing yet. And I've lost my initial excitement because of it. I have nothing fresh to look forward to.

...Also, do you like my new sig? ;)
I usually suck at homemade GIFs but I think I did pretty well..!
I'm actually getting Mario Kart 8 this weekend probably. I actually dont know much about it outside of the fact the Koopa Kids are playable.

That aside, I feel this time around there is too much stress for people to not have the rest of the characters shown off. Even if they did what they did in Brawl and let you choose if you saw the hidden characters (would have to stay off a few sites to stay unspoiled.) Brawl did'nt do to bad. In reality a great portion of the characters it did add were pretty impressive. When King Dedede was announced I was jumping around the entire week because of it. Still there were plenty of things that really crushed me. Ganondorf still being a clone, the removal of Mewtwo, the fact that all the Star Fox characters had the exact same final smash. I am sure there is more info about characters who were added in or left out at the last second, but the whole after effect of brawl left me feeling a little dry.

Of course the problem comes down to the fact that the roster cant go on forever. If we had 50 characters this time around, I would be ecstatic, but I really doubt we will get anywhere near that amount. So now its coming down to a war between characters. Everyone is on edge, because everyone has their own set of characters they feel should be in, but its gonna be tight for a lot of them. And thats not even going with the fact that Sakurai could throw more "WOW YOU NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS CHARACTER BEING IN DID YOU?" our way. Its gonna be a delicate matter these next few weeks, and we can expect a lot of disappointment from a lot of boards.

People just dont want to be lead on anymore, they want closure. I feel bad for the Ridley thread. They still have a lot of faith he could be playable, and until Sakurai confirms Ridley as a Boss or a Troll video, they are going to be dragged along until the bitter end. Much like us, who have a character we thought should of been in during Brawl. K.Rool even got his theme in, but became a trophy again. Hype is usually a lot of fun, but I think a lot of people would agree that at this point its almost feeling like torture.

D

Deleted member

The vast majority of E3 rumors are complete garbage, of course, but it's still disconcerting to think that, within a week, man-of-the-hour SalRomano could very easily put out a third batch of characters right before the conference, just like he did before last year's E3 and the Smash Direct.
And considering that this conference is going to be even bigger, we could see the leak any day now. If Sal is going to leak again, we are probably within days of hearing whenever or not King K. Rool is going to be playable.

Also, we can definitely get fifty or more characters.
- Character data takes up little space, so space is hardly an issue here. If anything is the problem, it's balance and even then...
- Namco Bandai has been known to balance in the 30s/40s very well with many more moves that Smash Bros. game (a Smash Bros. game has less than thirty). Heck, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has more than sixty characters and it was still well balanced.
- Subspace Emissary, which took up over 60% of Brawl's development is gone, leaving more room to add characters, balance characters, improve features, etc.
- Namco Bandai is far more experienced with fighting games then Game Arts.

Just look at how much the other aspects of the game have been improved. Almost everything is a step up from Brawl. Art style, game play, online, single-player mode (Smash Run is a lot more fun from what I see), veterans, etc. Who's to say that we won't get a 50+ character roster?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
And considering that this conference is going to be even bigger, we could see the leak any day now. If Sal is going to leak again, we are probably within days of hearing whenever or not King K. Rool is going to be playable.
Of course there's always the unpleasant possibility that all he's leaked so far is all there is. If that ends up being the case...Well, my avatar says it pretty well.

D

Deleted member

Of course there's always the unpleasant possibility that all he's leaked so far is all there is. If that ends up being the case...Well, my avatar says it pretty well.
Yeah, that is unfortunately possible (and it would be really disappointing if none of the 20+ Nintendo newcomers I wanted got in), but I'm not about to give up for good yet.

One thing to note about the leak is that while we do know of the newcomer Sal has leaked, it may not be it. There's a few reasons why we may not have seen the last of the newcomers so far:
- No veterans
- No character counts
- No indication that we're finished yet, just a list of leaked characters.

Also especially important is that Brawl's leak by PortraitOfRuin, ChaosZero, and NyaseNye could all be fit together into what became the final roster for Brawl. However, Sal Romano has proven to be the only legitimate leak so far, so you can't really pair the leak up with another legitimate leak to get us an indication of what the roster is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
God, talk about leaks again.

All I have to say in the matter is: I don't want the Sol Romano leak to be the full roster of newcomers. It'd be highly dissapointing for me. There'd be literally NO characters I really wanted in. Little Mac and Rosalina being the best newcomers thus far for me. Little Mac, cause he was 'deserving' as the classic Smash-speculation of the world implies, and Rosalina cause she was unexpected yet turned out to be extremely unique. And she also had a lot of character development. Wii Fit Trainer is cool, amongst a cast of King-tier awesome newcomers as Isaac, K.Rool and Ridley but not if she's part of the likes of Greninja, Villager, Pac-Man, Chorus Men and Chrom y'know. I also care 0 about MegaMan, know this. I recognise his iconic-status and that people really go mad for him, cool. But I never wanted him in.

K.Rool's time is really now I feel. The newcomers of excisting, big first party namesakes this time is rather dissapointing. Especially after what we got in Brawl. And since DKC is about as much in the limelight now as it was back in the Rare days, so now is the best time to add a DKC newcomer. Diddy was already long overdue, and has been recognised as such by Sakurai, so it's really hard to not picture us getting a DKC newcomer. And if it's not K.Rool this time, I won't fret as he'll likely be added next time then. At the very least, am hoping for Dixie.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Much like us, who have a character we thought should of been in during Brawl. K.Rool even got his theme in, but became a trophy again. Hype is usually a lot of fun, but I think a lot of people would agree that at this point its almost feeling like torture.
Torture may be hyperbole, but I agree for the most part.

Anyhow, I think it's reasonably safe to say we'll be getting a new Gangplank Galleon remix, or at least a return of the Brawl version...it was played way too prominently in Brawl to just fade away this time. I'm just wondering which stage it'll be on, a returning stage or a new one.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Anyhow, I think it's reasonably safe to say we'll be getting a new Gangplank Galleon remix, or at least a return of the Brawl version...it was played way too prominently in Brawl to just fade away this time. I'm just wondering which stage it'll be on, a returning stage or a new one.
Honestly, I'm hoping we'll get some other K. Rool theme this time. Crocodile Cacophony maybe. Or just Kremling themes in general; DKC2 has such amazing music.

In any case, I'm going play this one on infinite loop when K. Rool is revealed:

Well, not really. Maybe a couple of times and then I'll put the DKC2 soundtrack on.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Honestly, I'm hoping we'll get some other K. Rool theme this time. Crocodile Cacophony maybe. Or just Kremling themes in general; DKC2 has such amazing music.

Well, not really. Maybe a couple of times and then I'll put the DKC2 soundtrack on.
I'm just repeatedly listening to this.
It's already one of my favorite villain songs, but ever since @ BKupa666 BKupa666 made K. Rool's (one of my top four most wanted newcomers) "version" I've had it on repeat more times then I can count.

There's less then a week left, and I going to spend it preparing.
:demon:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Just a week away you guys. It's making my head hurt. All this speculation may finally end, either in an inkredible way or a horrible way. We may finally see our King playable in glorious HD. I just want to know now! K. Rool is my second most wanted newcomer, and I'm pretty everyone knows who my first is(refer to avatar). I swear I'll do a little dance if he's konfirmed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm just repeatedly listening to this.
It's already one of my favorite villain songs, but ever since @ BKupa666 BKupa666 made K. Rool's (one of my top four most wanted newcomers) "version" I've had it on repeat more times then I can count.

There's less then a week left, and I going to spend it preparing.
:demon:
omfg that's awesome... I'm going to so start listening to that now and wait for when it gets to the end of the Nintendo event, "Kredits" appears on the screen and our King appears to conquer all. I'm dying of laughter right now.

Steelia

Smash Champion

I'll probably just rewatch his reveal trailer over and over. Those high quality CG cutscenes... mmm, stunning. :grin:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
That is the BEST way to reveal him- Kredits. After the Tournament, have credits role thanking all the players who showed up. AND THEN BAM. K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That is the BEST way to reveal him- Kredits. After the Tournament, have credits role thanking all the players who showed up. AND THEN BAM. K. Rool.
Actually I figured if anything Ridley would appear post-tournament. Then again, maybe "Ridley" will be the big announcement and K. Rool could be post-tournament, who knows? I'm really not sure.

Perhaps even in-game K. Rool is unlocked that way. Get through DK and Diddy's Adventure mode, beat Bowser at the end, get Kredits... Bam, K. Rool appears! That would be hilariously awesome.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Actually I figured if anything Ridley would appear post-tournament. Then again, maybe "Ridley" will be the big announcement and K. Rool could be post-tournament, who knows? I'm really not sure.

Perhaps even in-game K. Rool is unlocked that way. Get through DK and Diddy's Adventure mode, beat Bowser at the end, get Kredits... Bam, K. Rool appears! That would be hilariously awesome.
Funny, I was actually thinking the same exact thing, if he is unlockable in the game, it should be like that.

As far as battle stage themes go, I still think Gangplank Galleon is the best one for him, I'd love to hear a rock version of it after the jolly roger intro. As far as other themes go, Crocodile Cacophony is my second favorite. They should have the hideout helm theme also as an alternate stage theme maybe from dk64, I really loved that one as well.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, I would be sad that we won't be able to see someone play as him. Haha.

I don't see why we can't any reveals during the Digital Event. That seems to be a better time.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

I would love that, I hate all the secrecy Sakurai has had with characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be honest, I would be sad that we won't be able to see someone play as him. Haha.

I don't see why we can't any reveals during the Digital Event. That seems to be a better time.
My theory is that Smash Bros. may not have any of its own trailers in the Digital Event, but when announcing new games (or re-releases) they can show off a character related to that game, with K. Rool appearing at the end of the Digital Event after the "Kredits" roll.

I actually expect a couple of announcements in the Digital Event, and at least one at the end of the tournament.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I don't care when or how, just reveal him. ;)

But I would **** my pants if the Kredits one actually came true.

Top Bottom