• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Has anyone else thought there should be a Three Trouble Kings Event Match like in Brawl but with Bowser, King Dedede, and King K. Rool?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That'd be awesome. What was the previous "three Trouble Kings" event match? I forget.
There wasn't. He's saying "Three Trouble Kings" is the logical next step for this game's first event match, after Melee's "Trouble King" and Brawl's "Two Trouble Kings."

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
It is kind of strange how few stage reveals there have been. They would make for much better pics of the day than a lot of the filler we get. Was it the same way during Brawl?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Having a K. Rool themed stage is actually something that I wouldn't expect. We've had Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, and Wolf but we haven't had villain themed stage yet (as far a I remember). Bowser's Castle is such an obvious stage but we haven't even had that yet...I just doubt getting anything for K. Rool, even if he is in.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is kind of strange how few stage reveals there have been. They would make for much better pics of the day than a lot of the filler we get. Was it the same way during Brawl?
No, but the Brawl Dojo didn't have to stall us nearly as much either, it had regular updates from the end of May 'till the end of January with the Japanese release, so that's a little over half a year, where as the Smash 4 updates have been going for nearly a year now. Even then there was the occasional "You have to recover!" update every once in a while, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it's been for Smash 4.

I do find it bizarre we haven't seen a new DKC, Kirby or Star Fox stage though.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As of right now, I can understand us not seeing those stages for two reasons:

--Their reveals would give something away, be it characters, bosses, or some other item of interest
--Wii U stages are being saved for reveals after the 3DS release, when hype is plummeting after the final roster reveal

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
As of right now, I can understand us not seeing those stages for two reasons:

--Their reveals would give something away, be it characters, bosses, or some other item of interest
--Wii U stages are being saved for reveals after the 3DS release, when hype is plummeting after the final roster reveal
And a possibility of a Tropical Freeze stage since they have more time for the Wii U version.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And a possibility of a Tropical Freeze stage since they have more time for the Wii U version.
I wasn't expecting a Tropical Freeze stage because of how new it is, but I suppose its possible. (It can still be Gangplank Galleon. Its the giant frozen ship on top of DK Island. Calling it now. :D)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
We NEED a Three Trouble Kings event. :p I'd still be happy even if it's the only reason to include K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Totally agreed. Three Trouble Kings would be awesome. :D There's plenty more reasons to include K. Rool than just an event match, though, lol.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
Having a K. Rool themed stage is actually something that I wouldn't expect. We've had Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, and Wolf but we haven't had villain themed stage yet (as far a I remember). Bowser's Castle is such an obvious stage but we haven't even had that yet...I just doubt getting anything for K. Rool, even if he is in.
Meta knight has the Halberd stage, Ganondorf has the gerudo village, Wario has wario ware stage, King Dedede kinda has the boxing ring( which would also work for King k.rool). But I do agree that its strange that bowser yet dosen't have his castle. We might get a K.rool stage if he is in but its also possible that he gets the Bowser treatment.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would say there should be Four Trouble Kings by adding Ridley too, but he isn't a king.

Three Trouble Kings and Commander?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would say there should be Four Trouble Kings by adding Ridley too, but he isn't a king.

Three Trouble Kings and Commander?
Unfortunately, that wouldn't work because only four characters allowed. Unless you're PLAYING as Ridley. :p King K. Rool is perfect to continue the trend, though, with yet another trouble king added into the mix.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ridley is the leader of the Space Pirates, right?

That KINDA makes him a king, right? Right?

That said, if the next game doesn't have a Trouble King Free-For-All event, I will be disappoint.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
.... Isn't Ganondorf King of the Gerudo? Meaning that there's already three trouble kings, so K. Rool would make it Four Trouble Kings. Why is Nintendo so anti-patriarchal monarchy?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
.... Isn't Ganondorf King of the Gerudo? Meaning that there's already three trouble kings, so K. Rool would make it Four Trouble Kings. Why is Nintendo so anti-patriarchal monarchy?
Now I wanna have a fight between Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf, and K. Rool to see who is the best king.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Technically. that would be Three Trouble Kings and an Unkinged King. By the time of Twilight Princess, he's no longer a king.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ganondorf is only a king in Ocarina of Time. Bowser, Dedede, and K. Rool are kings all the time.

Nintendo isn't anti-patriarchal either. Have you played a Fire Emblem game? 90% of the main characters throughout the series are nobility, either princes or princesses, and even in games where the main character isn't a prince/princess (really only the Tellius games) there's always major princess/princesses that are allies (plus some enemy kings/queens on occasion).

There are good Kings in various Zelda games, though in most games they barely have any role and don't even appear in several (Wind Waker being an exception). And there are bad queens, even in the Mario games (usually spinoffs). Plus the good Kings in Super Mario Bros. 3 you have to save.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
But he's the only male Gerudo at any given time, being king is his birthright. If I were the only male left on the planet, I would be the only heir left to the throne of England. Make sense? Oh and bad kings are in the spotlight WAY more than good ones. Sure, Nintendo has some blue-haired nobles and a good-guy king here and there, but usually if King is in their name, they're usually on the bad guy end of the spectrum.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
But he's the only male Gerudo at any given time, being king is his birthright. If I were the only male left on the planet, I would be the only heir left to the throne of England. Make sense? Oh and bad kings are in the spotlight WAY more than good ones. Sure, Nintendo has some blue-haired nobles and a good-guy king here and there, but usually if King is in their name, they're usually on the bad guy end of the spectrum.
Huh, I just have one thing to say.
...Are you certain that no male Gerudo were born in all those years? Because one is born every 100 years, and if I remember correctly, well more than 100 years passed by to the next game, if you don't count Majora's Mask. This isn't even considering the possibility that the Gerudo didn't exist by the time Ganondorf came back.
Think about it. Female Gerudo are constantly being forced to breed with other races. If this is a standard dominant recessive bloodline, that means that the Gerudo are losing Gerudo traits. Every now and then, after Ocarina of Time, someone might pop up that resembles a Gerudo. So what? They've long been bred out. That means that Ganondorf has NO ONE TO RULE OVER after Ocarina of Time. Therefore, he isn't a king.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Regarding Ganondorf... Wouldn't this count?
I mean, I'm pretty sure all the demons and monsters consider him their king.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Technically yes, but he's not been in any of the Trouble King matches in Melee or Brawl despite being playable. That probably won't change this time.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Regarding Ganondorf... Wouldn't this count?
I mean, I'm pretty sure all the demons and monsters consider him their king.
Ganondorf/Ganon is known by the following titles in his games:

Prince of Darkness
King of Evil
King of Darkness
King of the Gerudo Thieves
Dark Beast
Dark Lord
Demon King

So, yeah, he's essentially a King even though he's not included with the trouble kings.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ganondorf/Ganon is known by the following titles in his games:

Prince of Darkness
King of Evil
King of Darkness
King of the Gerudo Thieves
Dark Beast
Dark Lord
Demon King

So, yeah, he's essentially a King even though he's not included with the trouble kings.
Thank you for busting out my final point for me. I was growing weary of being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, while we're on the subject of veterans who have never been fought in Trouble Kings event matches and probably won't start, let's throw in Donkey Kong, the King of the Jungle.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Hey, while we're on the subject of veterans who have never been fought in Trouble Kings event matches and probably won't start, let's throw in Donkey Kong, the King of the Jungle.
Ha ha NO.
Besides, aren't lions the King of the Jungle?

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I just have one thing to say.
...Are you certain that no male Gerudo were born in all those years? Because one is born every 100 years, and if I remember correctly, well more than 100 years passed by to the next game, if you don't count Majora's Mask. This isn't even considering the possibility that the Gerudo didn't exist by the time Ganondorf came back.
Think about it. Female Gerudo are constantly being forced to breed with other races. If this is a standard dominant recessive bloodline, that means that the Gerudo are losing Gerudo traits. Every now and then, after Ocarina of Time, someone might pop up that resembles a Gerudo. So what? They've long been bred out. That means that Ganondorf has NO ONE TO RULE OVER after Ocarina of Time. Therefore, he isn't a king.
There's an interesting theory that by the time of Twilight Princess, the Gerudo had all died off, or been imprisoned within the Arbiter's Grounds.

Groose

Smash Champion

You missed his most obvious title!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does it? I thought it just had those cactus people.

That theory might have come about before the Zelda timeline was officially confirmed.
Both. There's these weird Cactus people, but it has Gerudo as well.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I like his default one though, it's very iconic, I suppose that one and his Kaptain outfit are his most recognizable though.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
You ain't lyin'.

Ha, I made a funny.

Also, let's make Mario a Trouble King because he's the King of Gaming.
Makes me wonder how far we can take this...

Mario = King of Gaming
Sonic = King of Fast
Luigi = King of Death Stares/King of All Y'all
King K. Rool = King of Fat*
Mii Jesus = King of Kings (obviously)

any others...?

*Or "Swag"...

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Makes me wonder how far we can take this...

Mario = King of Gaming
Sonic = King of Fast
Luigi = King of Death Stares/King of All Y'all
King K. Rool = King of Fat*
Mii Jesus = King of Kings (obviously)

any others...?

*Or "Swag"...
How about Wario=King of Gas?

Top Bottom