• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
As far as I'm concerned there both on the same level.

Both have never released a game outside of their region
Both are only popular in their home country
Both third-party
Both only have one game under there belt
Both lack familiarity outside of their country
Both haven't been around long
Both would upset fans outside of that country
Both wouldn't sell well outside of their country
Both aren't gaming icons
Both plan to release games in other countries soon

I really hope we get a direct soon I'm not sure how much longer I can wait to find out K. Rools fate.
Didn't Nintendo recently announce Yo-Kai Watch to the US?

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Well, I was mostly referring to the odd timing of the Mii costume, so yes and no.

Yes, we can assume he's still in the run, since the costume is no fact that he's out.
But no, we are not Sakurai, so we can't say anything for sure until it's confirmed by him or Nintendo.

I personally don't think he's out, but that being said, Sakurai might see it differently.

Well, I'm honest with you guys, I'm very pessimistic...
I can understand that Sakurai gets sad about bad fan reactions, but he himself is responsible for the bad reactions.
That what he did with the things in Smash 4 are great, he is good programmer, no question, but the problem are the things he chose to do.
The decisions he made.

Choosing random avatar characters.
Making clones that are worse than the Melee clones.
Adding game breaking equipment.
Making Classic Mode everything but classic.
Taking out Target Smash, replacing it with Angry-Birds-But-Worse.
Smash Tour.
No Adventure Mode in any form.
Making Smash Run version exclusive.
Clear bias in multiple cases.
(And a lot more.)

This all just made me very pessimistic about him. Why should he make better decisions all of sudden?
Why should I assume that he suddenly not chooses a character he likes from the upper corner of the ballot, ignoring characters like K. Rool? because Nintendo could tell him to? Well, yes, but at this point, I don't think they care enough to to it.

I believe I hate this Smash. I don't really have fun playing it.
If there aren't a ton of really great characters coming our way, I probably will give up on this Smash installment.
I... I just lost a lot of hope.
True! Not saying this smash is the worst, but with the fact that he knew K.Rool, Ridley & so many others were highly requested for at least 13 years, he gave them a: it didn't fit fit my vision, or who?, or I'm not biased in any way! It's an awful way to treat fans and in turn deserves an awful reaction from fans! Sakurai shouldn't get sad because of backlash, he should be happy because now that updates are possible, he can improve his game as before it was stuck the way it was and couldn't be fixed! But then again I'm not sakurai...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but at the same time, they had a lot to fill the gap with.
We're extremely dry on new info/games to look forward to right now.
Exactly. There's a lot of games they're working on, even if most of them are spinoffs. We still barely know anything about most of them, and there's a lot of things still to talk about.

Smash DLC can be discussed, as this is the first time we know nothing new coming up for Smash DLC. Star Fox Zero can show off new characters we haven't fully seen yet (such as Bill and Star Wolf). We know Star Wolf are in the game, but we haven't heard much from them outside of Pigma. We don't know much about Star Fox Zero's areas to explore.

There's still a lot we don't know about Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario & Sonic, both of which still have characters and more information that need to get announced for them. Hyrule Warriors Legends, GIRFE (aka SMT X FE), and Tri Force Heroes still have a lot of unknowns in them as well, with Tri Force Heroes getting a few pieces of concept art, but that's it. There's also the possibility of new Zelda Wii U info, plus Nintendo confirmed classic VC games to be released every week this month.

There's also the possibility of at least one new 2016 game getting announced.

Yeah, I definitely think there's a lot that we can see in a Direct. Maybe they planned on having it sooner but Iwata's death delayed it.

Didn't Nintendo recently announce Yo-Kai Watch to the US?
That doesn't matter much at all. Its the exact same thing as Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight is planned to be released in Japan, but its still too soon. Shantae hasn't been in Japan either, and the original game didn't even make Europe.

Pakky

Smash Hero
This is what picks at me the most. These people telling anyone who complains to be thankful we got something. They did this to any DK fan that called out Sakurai for his bias back when the roster got leaked, claiming we got a newcomer for the last game and DK was fine with two reps. Sorry your D-lister still lacks any representation in Smash, but DK has pushed consoles and carved a name for itself in video game history. When the series 'returned', it outsold a Zelda title.

These fools know nothing about what they spew, they only hang on to what Sakurai says and thinks and won't admit to it. Honestly, I want the ballot to be a farce and every requested face gets reduced to a costume, simply so they all can taste the salt we've had to lick for how long now? Thirteen years?

As someone who spent his hard-earned money on Sakurai's content-packed game, I feel I'm entitled to complain about the product I bought, and especially the content intended to extend its lifespan. I'm also entitled to the best, being someone who is interested in your product and I feel your effort was lackluster this time around, so I'll make mention of it rather than keep shut on the matter and accept mediocrity and the point is, DK's overall representation is mediocre and any DK fan should see that.

Funny enough, some people claim they're DK fans and see no problem with what the series currently has. Some even think the K. Rool costume is the best they could hope for and are content with it. Honestly, at this point, Sakurai can do whatever he wants. I don't care enough to keep my eye on Smash anymore. Hope the next DK game has K. Rool back as the villain.
I agree, though I'm going to wait and see what happens. Also did you know that Returns outsold Uncharted 2 at a point in time? I believe it was back in 2010 or something like that, that's amazing.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
They still have Retro's project to show. If it truly is a new Country Returns it would be an huge hype builder for the next year. Especially if a certain Krew of reptiles is shown.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I definitely think there's a lot that we can see in a Direct. Maybe they planned on having it sooner but Iwata's death delayed it.
That is something I fear to be the case. If it is, I hope they didn't delay it too late.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The worse case scenario I can think of is that Lloyd gets in somehow and King K somehow is deemed "not popular enough" I will vomit if this happens. Two swords makes you different,that's a load, and you know he'll have a counter, because you know we don't have enough of those.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
The worse case scenario I can think of is that Lloyd gets in somehow and King K somehow is deemed "not popular enough" I will vomit if this happens. Two swords makes you different,that's a load, and you know he'll have a counter, because you know we don't have enough of those.
What's wrong with Lloyd? :p

If possible I'd like both.

And there's no way K.Rool should be considered "not popular enough".

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
WelP
.. that changed my whole thoughts on this fast...d

Didnt she have a few games on GBC?

Well Inklings and Wolf no doubt..but im.unsure who the 3rd character is gonna be now.

And yes i think we are gonna get 3 characters like last time.

Hmmm... i wanna say paper mario or dixie kong.

I really think if it came to Dixie or K.Rool sakurai would choose Dixie...
I dont hate Dixie but it would just really be a lazy and sad...decision
Literally nobody gave two sharts about Shantae on the GB, and she was forgotten until Kickstarter. The only reason shes even considered is because of her sudden kickstarter, but her legacy with Nintendo is she unimportant, that so has a snowballs chance in satans anus of getting in.

As far as I see it, the only 3rd parties that have a chance of getting in are Rayman and Banjo. I would say Snake, Simon and Bomberman, but at the moment Konami has no idea what they are doing.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Literally nobody gave to sharts about Shantae on the GB, and she was forgotten until Kickstarter. The only reason shes even considered is because of her sudden kickstarter, but her legacy with Nintendo is she unimportant, that so has a snowballs chance in satans anus of getting in.

As far as I see it, the only 3rd parties that have a chance of getting in are Rayman and Banjo. I would say Snake, Simon and Bomberman, but at the moment Konami has no idea what they are doing.
I did not even realize that Shantae was a third party character, I thought she was second party character akin to the Pokemon. You learn something new everyday. Regardless, prior to the voice leak associated with one of the balance updates, no one (or I should say, no reasonable person) thought Ryu had a chance either. Past the "Big Three" we have no idea about Sakurai's third party criteria or how many of them... or even whether or not they would be added as DLC (to be the best of my knowledge).

That being said, I do not really care too much about those characters. I want a Rare character, so that basically leaves me with Banjo or King K. Rool.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Just got back from playing on Anther's ladder; I was challenged by a Roy player who wasted little time informing me King K. Rool "would be trash in this game lol". Evidently they recognised my tag from here.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Just got back from playing on Anther's ladder; I was challenged by a Roy player who wasted little time informing me King K. Rool "would be trash in this game lol". Evidently they recognised my tag from here.
What a jerk lol

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
What a jerk lol
On one hand, this is true. On the other hand, the only difference between that and this thread on a bad day is that it was in a sense more targeted.

This guys certainly did not seem like a dude known by his sexy appearance. You must bash him with a sassy pigeon.
I don't main Falco

Last edited:

Cactaceae

Smash Rookie
This guys certainly did not seem like a dude known for his sexy appearance. You must bash him with a sassy pigeon.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
with Kensuke Tanabe confirming, in a recent interview abut Metroid Prime: Federation Force, he has no idea what Retro Studios is working on now, this pretty much debunks the whole Diddy Kong Racing 2 collaboration project rumor that were running around for the time.

i already knew something was fishy when the guy suddenly backpedaled saying DKR2 is being moved to the NX at this moment

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Regardless, prior to the voice leak associated with one of the balance updates, no one (or I should say, no reasonable person) thought Ryu had a chance either.
The voice "leak" people are referring to is her actress listed on IMDB. I guess 50 cent is going to play Epona in the next Zelda game!

Also while most people didnt consider Ryu, his legacy is huge, and he had a large impact during the SNES days with Nintendo.

Shantae has never had any impact on Nintendo

Morbi

Scavenger
The voice "leak" people are referring to is her actress listed on IMDB. I guess 50 cent is going to play Epona in the next Zelda game!

Also while most people didnt consider Ryu, his legacy is huge, and he had a large impact during the SNES days with Nintendo.

I was referencing Ryu's voice leak. I did not even realize Shantae had one. But yeah, if it comes from IMDB... no. Just no. That is about the least credible source you can find pertaining to something that is not out yet.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Lol Ryu is fighting games

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I have to say this. I might get some hate but I don't care at this point.

I am the type of person to respect anyones opinion. The smash ballot is full of opinions. I have my choices of characters like Banjo-Kazooie and Rayman, but my full support is going towards the king. Why? I know he has the best chance and is the most deserving. Yes you can argue Banjo since he was considered for Melee, but it sadly won't happen unless a miracle.

Lately I have been getting sick of people saying how certain characters are shoe-ins and others don't deserve it. Shovel Knight is a character in which I love the game and character, but has no real chance sadly since he is indie and hasn't been released in Japan yet. Never the less, if you vote for him, I respect that and understand fully. :)

Shantae is where I have been getting irritated. People keep saying "She has been around since the gbc! She has been on mostly nintendo!". I have enjoyed Pirate's Curse so I have nothing against the series. If you vote for her, thats fine. Its is getting annoying when something stupid happens like the imdb stuff and the mat bozon (or whatever his name is) tweets about her in smash. It is annoying seeing "Shantae confirmed" when, lets be real, has barely a chance. Oh she was on the gbc? Yeah, in 2002. All of our third party characters are iconic, Shantae is not even close to that iconic. Right now she is only known from the smash ballot since WayForward loves to shove "shantae for smash" down everyones throats. I am guaranteeing she will not win, I know she will not get many votes compared to Snake, Wolf, Isaac, or K. Rool. I have not seen one poll where she is in the top 3, let alone top 5. Personally K. Rool and Isaac have the best chances for newcomers, and this is from the guy who hasn't touched a Golden Sun game.

Sorry if I pissed off anyone, it is just how I have been feeling. If you want tell me your opinions, I'll respond.:)

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
That doesn't matter much at all. Its the exact same thing as Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight is planned to be released in Japan, but its still too soon. Shantae hasn't been in Japan either, and the original game didn't even make Europe.
No of course, I'm not saying that justifies Jibanyan in Smash (Although he would be cool. Pair him with Prof. Layton and my second/third(ish) party wishes would be more or less fulfilled.), I was just wondering if Yo-Kai Watch (3DS) was confirmed for the west. (It was.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
with Kensuke Tanabe confirming, in a recent interview abut Metroid Prime: Federation Force, he has no idea what Retro Studios is working on now, this pretty much debunks the whole Diddy Kong Racing 2 collaboration project rumor that were running around for the time.

i already knew something was fishy when the guy suddenly backpedaled saying DKR2 is being moved to the NX at this moment
I don't see how it debunks it. Well, Kevin Callahan is full of bunk anyway, but that's nothing new.

Tanabe doesn't directly work with Retro, he's more of a contact they have. And even then, DKR2 was always the project of Monster Games, and Retro was just helping them on it. Saying "he doesn't know what Retro is doing" wouldn't apply in this case anyway, and Tanabe doesn't HAVE to be Retro's contact in Japan anyway, there's numerous different people they can go through.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think we need to give up on K. Rool and star kampaigning for General Klump.

We could even rename the thread Klump's Kremling Kadets!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He's also just speculating though.

Also, I really don't remember anyone ever taking the "if a character has a trophy then they can't be DLC" seriously because that would have ruled out every single plausible non-3rd Party character.

And the Toon Link thing was even dumber, anyone with any intelligence on the subject knows that the ST Link is a different character to the Wind Waker Link.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I honestly feel like sending in any additional support for K. Rool is completely pointless. Sakurai's mind has been made up on the character one way or the other.

The costume is definitely a result of the ballot support. If he's decided that it will act as a precursor to a character shortly, then that's already the case.

Conversely, if Sakurai has decided that he's going to be a costume and nothing more, then no amount of votes in the next 8 weeks will change his mind on that.

I'll probably get flamed at for this, but our best hope for a Donkey Kong newcomer right now is if K. Rool fans start pulling for Dixie on the ballot.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
lol that is a great idea :troll: he'd be a donkey kong ivysaur cross clone
Nuetral Special: He throws a grenade that bounces twice and explodes; can be thrown to go higher or farther.

Side Special: Rocket Barrel Rush: Uses his barrel rockets from Barrel Blast to rush forward, can be charged to go farther like a horizontal version of Diddy's up special

Up Special: Klump eats a grenade which blows up in his stomach; inflating him and allowing him to float upwards for several seconds

Down Special: Counter attack where Klump squats down and grabs his helmet (similar animation to when he is jumped on by Diddy in DKC), blocks with his helmet and punches the attacker

Final Smash: Klump calls for a platton of Kritters with Klaptrap guns, each hit by the klaptrap shots multi-hits for 10% damage

Top Bottom