• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I want both as well, but honestly I think voting any further at this point won't really do anything. I agreed with your entire statement except for the last line.

I fully agree, I don't think voting any further will do any good. At this point he's probably already made up his mind. Including about Dixie Kong. I honestly feel like all ballot characters have already been decided on by this point, and they plan to release one character in time for the ballot, with more to come later. The rest of the time on the ballot is just for a few last-minute stragglers to come in later on, and wouldn't really influence the ballot results so heavily regardless.

And frankly, I'm currently sitting in the position of "he's more likely in than he's not." I don't think the only hope for a DK newcomer is Dixie.

I'd definitely like both characters in, but I don't feel like voting anymore. I just want it to end at this point. Maybe, maybe if I get ambitious enough I'll throw a vote Dixie's way. But I don't like the notion of "Oh K. Rool most likely isn't in so let's all jump on board Dixie."
The thing about dixie is she is cool and a classic but i know i wont main her because not a heavy..plus not a villian..

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
The ballot is a direct line to Nintendo and I think we should use it to our advantage as long as it's open. We can't give up now. The ballot is ongoing for another 2 months.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hindsight is 20/20

Both of those were considered to be facts by many people. The Toon Link thing in particular is identical to the "Other M Ridley is completely different then regular Ridley" argument that was used time and time again. With your logic I could claim that anyone who thought Ridley was disconfirmed lacked any intelligence whatsoever on the subject, and look how that turned out.

Just shooting in the dark here, but I'd guess it's because people like K. Rool as a character, and want him in because they like him, not because they want another DK representative. (Though for many that's part of the reason) I personally want K. Rool and realllllly don't want Dixie, but again, that boils down to personal preferences.
I'm in the boat of: I want both K. Rool and Dixie, but I don't want Dixie before K. Rool (unless he's announced at the same time). If she ends up getting in and not K. Rool, I'll accept it, but I'd still want K. Rool regardless.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yes, and I said why don't you like to play other characters who aren't those things.
So, you're telling that I thought that you misunderstood a statement and tried to correct you while I was the one who misunderstood your statement?
The irony!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Nah, Pichu is way more requested:troll:
Unpopular opinion, but given how many cut characters have returned as DLC, am I the only one who kind of wants Ivysaur and Squirtle to appear as separate characters with new down specials, like our friend Charizard? After that, the only veteran I could really ask for to round things perfectly would be Snake. Wolf wouldn't be too bad, but he's not my favorite. If Ice Climbers are still being worked on somehow, they would be welcome as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Unpopular opinion, but given how many cut characters have returned as DLC, am I the only one who kind of wants Ivysaur and Squirtle to appear as separate characters with new down specials, like our friend Charizard? After that, the only veteran I could really ask for to round things perfectly would be Snake. Wolf wouldn't be too bad, but he's not my favorite. If Ice Climbers are still being worked on somehow, they would be welcome as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
No, there are support threads for these characters for those reasons...

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I really hate the position we are in now. I will be VERY angry if we are left dangling for two months without any payoff. It sucks so much because, other than Ridley's fanbase we are the only ones stuck in this situation. We know nothing at this point and both arguments about his inclusion make logical sense. The only good thing to come out of this debacle (other than the immense and reasonable backlash) is the fact that Nintendo themselves know how marketable and popular the character is. I am pretty sure if he is in the next DK then the support for him in Smash 5 will go even further (and it is already gigantic).

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm in the boat of: I want both K. Rool and Dixie, but I don't want Dixie before K. Rool (unless he's announced at the same time). If she ends up getting in and not K. Rool, I'll accept it, but I'd still want K. Rool regardless.
I could see Dixie's alts being super cute and fitting. But K. Rool's costume alts have a TON of potential.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
The only thing I find uncomfortable about K. Rool being the most requested is that Nintendo may think it's a good idea to save "the best for last," in order to build up more anticipation and squeeze every last yen of profit they can from the K. Rool costume. If they decide to go that route I really won't appreciate it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
don't think that jigglypuff knows how to d.i.
I didnt think it would matter.

Ow man this cutscene in particular i will never forget it really just shows how intimidating K.Rool can be...i remember this when i was alot younger i was legitly scared to face K Rool he doesnt mess about...

And this one!

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I didnt think it would matter.

Ow man this cutscene in particular i will never forget it really just shows how intimidating K.Rool can be...i remember this when i was alot younger i was legitly scared to face K Rool he doesnt mess about...

And this one!

K. Rool is pretty cold-blooded. I mean, the reason he stole the banana hoard is because he wanted the Kongs to starve to death.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Listening to Omni's K. Rool medley of his Smashified render again, it makes me want a Sheriff K. Rool even more (or Waco K. Rool, Kid K. Rool, whatever cowboy name you want to give him), I can imagine the final battle with him taking place on top of a railroad train in a desert as you dodge his 2 pistols, whip, and shot gun. That'd be awesome!

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
For future reference, DidYouKnowGaming is not a valid source of information, as it revolves around user submissions. One person once claimed that K. Rool was originally planned for CBFD, and pointed to DYKG as his source. So take anything you see there with about a truckload of salt.
Just saying, (this does not include the videos) they usually come with sources. Still, after Source Gaming's article on DYKG's misinformation, I have to agree with you.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Listening to Omni's K. Rool medley of his Smashified render again, it makes me want a Sheriff K. Rool even more (or Waco K. Rool, Kid K. Rool, whatever cowboy name you want to give him), I can imagine the final battle with him taking place on top of a railroad train in a desert as you dodge his 2 pistols, whip, and shot gun. That'd be awesome!
That was always the next persona that I wanted to see K. Rool tackle, myself.

Then we got the ludicrously out-of-character DK64 instead. :( The dropping of poking good-hearted fun at boss tropes never really sat well with me.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That was always the next persona that I wanted to see K. Rool tackle, myself.

Then we got the ludicrously out-of-character DK64 instead. :( The dropping of poking good-hearted fun at boss tropes never really sat well with me.
I loved DK64 and how K. Rool and all the enemies were in that game but there's still a chance K. Rool and his kremlings can go west. Afterall, theory states that K. Rool suffers from multiple personality disorder.

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
Been looking at this thread for a couple weeks now, just now decided to make an account, so this is my first post. Just letting you guys know I am in full support of King K. Rool joining smash bros! I think the DK series is very unrepresented and smash bros need more villians AND heavyweight characters, K. Rool fits all three of this criteria. Regardless of the mii costume and detractors saying it deconfirms him, I want to say don't lose hope! I think he very well could become a fighter. He's my number one most wanted newcomer! Also if he gets in, he would most likely be one of my secondaries because I like to play heavyweights and villians. :)

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Been looking at this thread for a couple weeks now, just now decided to make an account, so this is my first post. Just letting you guys know I am in full support of King K. Rool joining smash bros! I think the DK series is very unrepresented and smash bros need more villians AND heavyweight characters, K. Rool fits all three of this criteria. Regardless of the mii costume and detractors saying it deconfirms him, I want to say don't lose hope! I think he very well could become a fighter. He's my number one most wanted newcomer! Also if he gets in, he would most likely be one of my secondaries because I like to play heavyweights and villians. :)
The big 3 unrepresented games to my knowledge are DKC, Metroid, and Star Fox. Edit: DKC & Metroid get it worse though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Welcome aboard, Kutthroat!

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Avast, fellow kutthroat.

Edit: I guess third time's the charm lol.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Come on, guys, you've gotta be quicker than that! :laugh:

Anyway, just curious now that we've all rushed to initiate you, @ Scorpob Scorpob , if K. Rool would end up as a secondary, which heavyweights do you favour currently?

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
Come on, guys, you've gotta be quicker than that! :laugh:

Anyway, just curious now that we've all rushed to initiate you, @ Scorpob Scorpob , if K. Rool would end up as a secondary, which heavyweights do you favour currently?
Bowser, Ganondorf and DK are characters I use very frequently.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Bowser, Ganondorf and DK are characters I use very frequently.
I'm a Dedede mainer myself. :grin: Similar to what @Putuk has mentioned before, I'm in support of K. Rool's addition because I want to do battle, more so than play as him (he is my favourite Nintendo villain, though).

We do need more heavyweights, after all, detractors who don't want to learn how to effectively play as heavyweights be damned!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
A note about Dixie:
I think it's sad that Dixie support is being petitioned as a sort of "consolation prize". Specifically, it is a disservice to the character to try to position her as the successor to the "DK" vote". K. Rool did not get this far simply because he was a "DK" character. If that were the case, you would see a more event split between purported votes. But it has NEVER been this way: K. Rool crushed Dixie in pre-release and crushed her even more during the ballot phase. If Dixie wants to sell herself, it must be on her own merits and her own uniqueness. To be honest, though, I think Dixie's outlook is grim. For the time being, she will continue to live in his shadow -- even if he isn't selected. Even if it isn't fair and even though she should be casting her own shadow on some of the characters actually added in this game.

I'm going to keep supporting and getting people to vote for K. Rool, regardless of whether a verdict has been reached. If Sakurai has truly written him off way before the ballot has ended, I want him to lose credibility among fans and within Nintendo for doing so by making his final tally even bigger, and by putting even more great ideas in Nintendo's hands. Call it petty, I don't care, if this is his final verdict on my favorite villain, I'm done with his series and want to send a message on my way out. If a verdict hasn't been reached, of course, those naturally work in K. Rool's favor. What's more, the bigger the final tally, the better the odds are of the character being put into future DK games...he may already be in one in development, but more votes equals more appearances, as opposed to one appearance before a return to one-off villains.

A character as relevant and as planned for Brawl as Dixie will surely show up in Smash eventually, after all.
Exactly this. Even if you believe K. Rool's chances for DLC are kaput (something that remains to be seen), we have a larger goal: to #BringBackKRool. Nothing is certain, but even if Sakurai has decided against K. Rool, it's better for the character to end these last two months like a fire that will not die out. Ultimately, even if the worst happens, we made it this far with a lot less. The Mii costume may have increased pessimism, but like I said before, disappointment is sometimes useful for moving forward. It can be the firewood to our flame.

If Sakurai decides against K. Rool, our most useful tactic is to continue raising the character's profile.. To continue discussing him and demonstrating to the community the loss it would be to reject him. Discussing movesets, making fan art, making videos, music, sharing memories and making new ones, all things that contribute to a sense of community that has sustained us. We will always have people who respond aggressively or dismissively if we complain about Sakurai's character choices, but we can at least reach out to those people who think for themselves. If nothing else, there is value in being a respectful, polite, and ever-looming pain in the ass for all the other fanbases that just want us to disappear. It keeps K. Rool afloat.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think this extensive brouhaha has certainly caught Retro's attention.

If all goes well, this could bode very well for K. Rool's future in the mainline DK series~

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
So I had a friend over and decided to show off DKC 1 to him. The main highlights I showed him were of course the first level, Oil Drum Alley (My favorite stage), and an aquatic and minecart stage. After those levels he thought he was ready to take on the King himself. He got his ass handed to him multiple times by the changing pattern of charges he does, bullet speed crown, and the cannonball volley. He popped off after the Kredits started showing and didn't catch the "the end?" at the end. Needless to say y'all know what happened then. I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life before when he reacted. He loved the boss fight though, said that it was challenging yet fair.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
My Smash clan is about to print shirts with our main logos on them. I might do a daring bet and make mine with the DK logo in it for K. Rool. And if he ends not winning a ballot slot; either I'll look silly on a shirt with a logo unrelated to main or be forced to main Donkey or Diddy.

D

Deleted member

My fellow Kutthroats. Ladies, gentlement and pre-Brawl speculators (and @SmashRiver64)

After seeing and think more closely of our current situation, and analyzing the current behavior of our community, i have the deep urge to ask an important question about our beloved Kremling King:

¿Is this truly the worst moment to be a K.Rool supporter?

It's been over a year and a half since Sm4ash was first shown to the public back in E3 2013, and in the following months, we had a good chunk of moments in which the King didn't seem to stand that much of a chance.

The Gematsu Leak had everyone beign paranoid of the possibilty that K.Rool, alongside other characters, would not make it into the fray.

During the days Gematsu's leak ruled supreme, we were pretty much excluded when it came to fake leaks and rumors, and everyone was all like Chrom this, Chorus Kids that and Shulk Smash.

We pointed out that Rosalina showed that just because you weren't mentioned by Sal it dind't mean you were not in the roster,
but most people still thought that the characters mentioned by Sal were the remaining ones.

When Robin tipped the scales, some people here celebrated the supposed unrealiability of Gematsu's infamous rumors, but it dind't matter in long run since we neither turned out to be victorious or defeated.

A MUCH worse example was the dreadfull ESRB leak. I remember the excact day (August 20) and first thing i said when i laid eyes upon that image of the final vanilla roster:
"Meh, fake."

Little i did know the crazy and depressing ride that was ahead of me, all those things that showed the ESRB leak to be the real deal, it was like K.Rool was getting less likely every day.

By the time Shulk's trailer was shown, i gave up on K.Rool and focused on the one character that i put my faith and hope during the Pre-Sm4ash speculation era: Mewtwo.

I remember the agonizing moment i saw the notice which confirmed the final vanilla roster, and all my hopes were crushed.......
.....that was until the 50-facts extravangza appeared and showed Mewtwo. With his confirmation, the hopes of seeing more DLC
raised. And with that, K.Rool's chances.

But i was feeling we were missing something. Something important........something that could be used at our advantage...

The Smash Ballot. Ah yes, the Sm4ash Ballot was the perfect thing to give us a boost in DLC speculation and it's all thanks to the same reason we have endured so much during these last months:

Popularity, Prevalence, Seniority, Confidence and most importantly:Hope.

When it all boiled down to let our voice be heard, we were simply 3 steps ahead of anyone else.All those videos, fanarts and other stuff about the Kremling King, it seemed like K.Rool finally reached it's moment, his time to shine, HIS FINEST HOUR.........

......and then most hope and confidence has been lost all thanks to a damn Mii costume.......

But even if we "fail" at briging K.Rool to Smash, we must not forget that we are ALSO trying to bring K.Rool back to DKC in general,period.

I know for sure someday, our efforts will pay up one way or another, either be his return to DKC, or his debut in Smash.

....and what you had read is another of my horrible attempts to make an inspirationall speech for the Kutthroats. Sorry.

Top Bottom