• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I can't in good conscience try to pass off that Mii as a symbol for us. Just LOOK at that s**t eating grin.
lol. It's not a symbol for us permanently yet, but a symbol we have to hold if there is no symbol to accommodate our efforts after the ballot is over. If no k. rool at all, for whatever reason, at LEAST we have the cool mii costume to where. And EVEN THOUGH it COULD be the decider against k. rool in smash 4, I think we have to admit it's a GREAT design and looks fantastic.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As @Banjodorf quite rightly put it, this kills the "muhrelevance" argument stone dead.

Bringing a decade-and-a-half design in absentia into Smash out of the blue? That in itself is huge.

I have very, very, very, very high hopes that the Kremling Krew will return in the next DKC.

Hoist the mainsails and brace ye'selves for a hell of a ride, scurvy krocs - we sail on!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm starting to get that vibe that Dixie will be announced to be the DK representative, the Forbidden 7 comes to mind.
Been thinking that too. We got Mewtwo, an updated Roy, and Doc by now. They must have planned her, so I'm really betting she's almost in by this point.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
So are the supporters of less supported characters chomping at the bit now that the would-be winner of the ballot is potentially out of the race? We can't let them use this negative momentum to their advantage. This is still a war damnit.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
[COLLAPSE="An Accurate Meme"]
[/COLLAPSE]

So are the supporters of less supported characters chomping at the bit now that the would-be winner of the ballot is potentially out of the race? We can't let them use this negative momentum to their advantage. This is still a war damnit.
Yes. They're desperate that we give up so they can have a fighting chance. Let's not do that.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's your own fault for taking characters added into a videogame so seriously, everyone has characters they wanted and got shafted, so stop playing victim here for god's sake.
It's still no excuse for you swearing to everyone, throwing a tantrum and acting like it's the end of the world for such a minuscule reason, characters in Smash Bros don't dictate your life, jeez.
CALM DOWN.
I never swore at any1 here.
PS: im calm now and i apologies to everyone here i am sorry.

*Yours faithfully Dark Phazon*
Signed: RealTalk

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm personally still confident in the King's chances. The Mii fighter will probably not even closely look like a real playable King K. Rool in size.
When you come in the thread and see all the people lurking.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm actually much less worried about the Kremlings returning for DKC3. Not after the massive roller coaster the K. Rool kampaign has been.

As for the Forbidden 7: We got Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.

Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda/Tetra. are the only ones left. Plusle and Minun can't happen for the same reason the Ice Climbers couldn't, and Pichu returning with Plusle/Minun alts would be the only compromise. I don't think Toon Zelda and/or Tetra have that much ballot support, so that really only leaves Dixie Kong.

Not to mention Dixie Kong riding the Spainkiller train with Ridley, Mewtwo, and Chorus Kids. And good lord did I want Spainkiller's leak to be true. To be honest I wouldn't be as loyal or dedicated a Kutthroat if Ridley was here.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a supporter, so this doesn't hit me hard. It sucks when a character gets hit with something like this, my heart goes out to you guys. I'm sorry that some of you are upset.

But some of you guys need to calm down. This isn't a deconfirmation. If anything, this shows that Nintendo is acknowledging the great K Rool!

Those of you that are yelling about how terrible Sakurai is, that he shouldn't direct Smash anymore... I believe someone said that they wish he would die. You guys need to take a long, hard look at yourself. This Mii costume, it's big, I get it. But at this point, nobody knows what it means.

Keep morale up. Don't fall apart. This is progress! This is how the road is going to be. It's hard, it's terrible, but keep supporting the character you love and don't just fly off the handle and give up, ranting about how Smash is terrible and Sakurai is terrible and... Guys, just don't lose it.

Good luck to you supporters. K Rool is leading the ballot! You have NO reason to lose it. Fight for what you believe in until the very end... And you may see your desires come to fruition.

Don't throw a fit, don't fall apart, RALLY! This is your chance for greatness. Keep pushing! Your battle isn't done yet!

Those who abandon what they fight for so easily get little respect. Good luck dealing with the fallout from this. Good luck, guys. <3

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'm not a supporter, so this doesn't hit me hard. It sucks when a character gets hit with something like this, my heart goes out to you guys. I'm sorry that some of you are upset.

But some of you guys need to calm down. This isn't a deconfirmation. If anything, this shows that Nintendo is acknowledging the great K Rool!

Those of you that are yelling about how terrible Sakurai is, that he shouldn't direct Smash anymore... I believe someone said that they wish he would die. You guys need to take a long, hard look at yourself. This Mii costume, it's big, I get it. But at this point, nobody knows what it means.

Keep morale up. Don't fall apart. This is progress! This is how the road is going to be. It's hard, it's terrible, but keep supporting the character you love and don't just fly off the handle and give up, ranting about how Smash is terrible and Sakurai is terrible and... Guys, just don't lose it.

Good luck to you supporters. K Rool is leading the ballot! You have NO reason to lose it. Fight for what you believe in until the very end... And you may see your desires come to fruition.

Don't throw a fit, don't fall apart, RALLY! This is your chance for greatness. Keep pushing! Your battle isn't done yet!

Those who abandon what they fight for so easily get little respect. Good luck dealing with the fallout from this. Good luck, guys. <3
Exactly. Remember what a certain Namekian once said back in the Cell Games Saga of DBZ? "It's not over 'till it's over!"

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
K. Rool was my second wish for DLC and this now... makes me sad. I couldn´t really bring myself to do anything else today than refreshing reddit and Smashboards all day.

I still belive he will come. I think we got the outfit to kill sometime until whenever he is released.
Guys, I wouldn´t even feel happy if Wof was announced right now. And until yesterday that would have been everything I asked for.

Don´t give in yet. Sakurai said he would stop after Melee. He didn´t.
He loves to Troll us. We all know that.
Give the King time. He will be here with us after all this time and **** on a little Mii with his skin as costume.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I'm starting to get that vibe that Dixie will be announced to be the DK representative, the Forbidden 7 comes to mind.
I will be p*ssed if they choose to make K Rool a costume just for the sake of making Dixie just because she was somehow planned in Brawl...

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yep. Some of the haters are trying to spin the news as confirming their suspicions that K.Rool would never get added. But this also goes against what some of the haters have been saying for a while: that there's no way such an "irrelevant" character would show up again, despite being absent in the last three main DK games. But here he is. Even if this is just a Mii outfit, it is NEW K. Rool content from Nintendo after a 7 year absence.

After two new Donkey Kong Country games that had no trace of him whatsoever.
After his last main game being in 1999.

Despite those things the haters loved to repat, they are selling this character. This goes against the idea that K. Rool is dead and buried. That Nintendo wants nothing to do with him.

Like it or not, he is coming. If not Smash DLC, a new DK game. It will be interesting to see how haters continue to move goal posts.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Gonna be busy for the rest of the day so this will be my last post of the day.

I was 100% rooting for Robin and Ridley and if either of those two got in I would be ecstatic. After Robin's reveal I was 100% committed to Ridley as he is my favorite videogame villain. Needless to say Robin was too slow and while I still call him my main alongside DDD neither of them truly do anything for me like Melee Samus or PM Ganondorf did. Ridley on the other hand I kept my faith until even after the 3ds because I knew there was no way he could disappoint, but we all know how that turned out.

Then after looking through my brother's old SNES and games I foudn DKC and remembered King K. Rool, the first nintendo villain I ever fought (DKC was one of the first games I beat myself) I decided to play through DKC 1 and 2 and rekindled my love for the Kremling King with his challenging fights, incredible looks, and amazing themes. I thought I was insane and was the only one who supported him but then I found Smashboards lurked around forever happy to see others agreeing with me.

In short I am going to stay on board the Gangplank Galleon, be it sailing or sinking, until victory is ours and the one true king finally gains the status of being a true smasher like he deserves.
Thats a bit like my story too i always like K.Rool but i never knew he was supported for smash untill i joined here....

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
upload_2015-7-29_22-36-23.png

Another for Nintendo to consider. Enough of these will surely at least get an outright statement regarding K Rool, even if it ultimately changes nothing.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Speaking as an Ice Climbers supporter, absolutely not. I want K.Rool in as well, and don't him in as some Halloween costume. So by all means keep supporting.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What a day... What a day.

Let's hope we get more information from Nintendo about our Kroc Kaptain.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
We definitely need to take a page out of K. Rool's book here. One major factor that stands out in his character is that he is utterly relentless. He will stop at nothing to reach his goals, no matter how long it takes or how much failure he has to endure, and we should take the same mindset.
The Kredits are rolling right now, and many have been fooled, but any true Kutthroat knows that it's far from over. Keep it going strong, and eventually the dream will be made a reality.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'll probably stay awake during late night to see what they'll reveal as the other costumes they promised. Curiosity, of course... but will be even more intriguing if the K. Rool outfit remain the only one with such treatment (being so detailed, specifically modeled after his classic look, which doesn't had a existing model, etc, etc)...

also I want to know if they'll release Street Fighter costumes; I want a Chun-Li Mii, dammit.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
If K Rool turns out to be playable, I am sure that they might do something unique with him. Like they did with Bowser JR. If this is the case, I am leaning towards the Kaptain. Also, am I the only one who isn't whining about the K Rool Costume? To me, that feels more like a call back to the RARE days. But if K Rool is not playable, I am not gonna complain either. But hey. That's just me. I still support him though. Just saying this in a calm way. Also do not see the Mii Costumes as Automatic Decomfirmation. Think of it as that they are getting recognized. The plot thickens on the possibilities. Just like mystery books in a way.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Use the costume as a mascot for the movement.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm actually much less worried about the Kremlings returning for DKC3. Not after the massive roller coaster the K. Rool kampaign has been.

As for the Forbidden 7: We got Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.

Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda/Tetra. are the only ones left. Plusle and Minun can't happen for the same reason the Ice Climbers couldn't, and Pichu returning with Plusle/Minun alts would be the only compromise. I don't think Toon Zelda and/or Tetra have that much ballot support, so that really only leaves Dixie Kong.

Not to mention Dixie Kong riding the Spainkiller train with Ridley, Mewtwo, and Chorus Kids. And good lord did I want Spainkiller's leak to be true. To be honest I wouldn't be as loyal or dedicated a Kutthroat if Ridley was here.
I'm not merely "less worried," but I'm outright 100% positive the Kremlings WILL be back in future DK games.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Actually, it would be hilarious if Sakurai is reacting the end credits of DKC.

He's down.... no WAIT, HE'S UP!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think whatever costumes show up tonight will have a great deal of relevance to the King's standing.

If they're throwaway ones, like costumes of existing veterans, or existing Assist Trophies or NPCs (a Doc costume, perhaps), we're in the clear.

If it's stuff that could've ranked noticeably high in the ballot, like Isaac, Krystal, Wonder Red, Bandana Dee, Dixie, etc. I think that's a very bad omen.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Y'know what?
I think I'll buy the costume. Maybe it'll show them I'm interested in the character.

I'm also gonna make a tiny, fat, near-featureless Mii for the costume.
Tiny lil' fat 'gator fighter. It'll be so ****ing cute.

I don't even have any attachment or experience with the DK series, but you lot sure make me care about this character, heh.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think whatever costumes show up tonight will have a great deal of relevance to the King's standing.

If they're throwaway ones, like costumes of existing veterans, or existing Assist Trophies or NPCs (a Doc costume, perhaps), we're in the clear.

If it's stuff that could've ranked noticeably high in the ballot, like Isaac, Krystal, Wonder Red, Bandana Dee, Dixie, etc. I think that's a very bad omen.
I actually thought it'd be very funny if Sakurai revealed costums of Isaac, Bandana Dee, etc, intermingled with your aforementioned "throwaway" costumes, as a hint at who's to come as full-on newcomer DLC.

I'd die.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Really? I'd think the opposite.

If a K.Rool costume is to be grouped with a bunch of 'no-chancers' like NPCs, Assists, or 3rd parties who will not make it like Heihachi, I'd assume that K.Rool is to be treated like them: Nintendo is giving us a way to 'make them playable' without really making them playable.

If we get a Mii Gunner with Wolf, or an Isaac swordsman, or the like, then it looks better...a bit. They can't really make ALL the top ballot characters into just another costume, so then there is still a shot that one of them could show up for real.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let me clarify, if we get literally all of the top candidates in a row as costumes, it'd be a teaser like that. But if it were just, say, one or two of the lower ranking ones (think Wonder Red or even a third party like Rayman or Bomberman), it'd be a sign that these are the "consolations" for the ballot favorites who "just couldn't make it."

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd actually be kontent with a Mii Brawler kostume for Wonder Red. It's among the few kharacters that would actually work in that kontext (I think Khrom works pretty well too).

K. Rool is just...strange. I mean, it's klearly a kosplay, the official reveal outright konfirms it. Whereas with Khrom and Inkling, you're kinda supposed to "play as" that kharacter.

Totally forgot about the K-word thing, kek~

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I agree with capt. America. If other top contenders are turned into Mii costumes we may have more of a chance. But if a random character like an AT does then K. Rool would be seen as only on their level.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The thing is; if Isaac or Krystal end to be Mii Costumes, they would have models source to make these outfits, and that's no question they wouldn't use them. For K. Rool, instead of using what they already have, they preferred to make something new.. totally unexpected. What are other characters 'leading' the ballot that have this kind of situation?.. being from a really outdated 3D game, a 2D only game, or even with a classic design being more appealing instead of a modern one?
--I don't think that are many options... K. Rool was a special case, and because that, it's intriguing to me.

If one or many other Mii Costumes takes the same treatment, so I'll start to believe that K. Rool case isn't that special.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dying hope, but hope nonetheless...

Considering we were having a debate about which design to use....this could be a way to appease everyone...?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd actually be kontent with a Mii Brawler kostume for Wonder Red. It's among the few kharacters that would actually work in that kontext (I think Khrom works pretty well too).

K. Rool is just...strange. I mean, it's klearly a kosplay, the official reveal outright konfirms it. Whereas with Khrom and Inkling, you're kinda supposed to "play as" that kharacter.

Totally forgot about the K-word thing, kek~
Hmm.. I see where you're koming from.

We'll know if a kharacter that's a popular choice (Isaak, Bandana Dee) gets a Mii fighter kostume.

Top Bottom