• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Doesn't Sakurai sometimes reply at twitter?
If yes, why don't post in a polite and not annoying (spam) way that we want him as a fighter?
Or we could ask him if the costume deconfirms him....

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Thankfully, I think most people are already calm. Disappointed and somewhat bitter with the potential prospects of K. Rool in smash, maybe. But mostly calm.

I hope those that aren't calm can reflect on why it's important to retain composure.

Firstly, this is a videogame. Even if Sakurai were intentionally trying to malign us (very doubtful), he wouldn't deserve to be personally lambasted. His decisions question? Sure. But everything with some class, patience, and respect. Respect him as a person and a developer. Secondly, we are trying to regroup. Yes, the news has shaken us. But we are trying to regroup and refocus our efforts on our goals. It doesn't help to rile everyone up, even if the emotions are sincere. They should be communicated in a way that allows us to remain productive. Thirdly, remember the rest of us in this thread. While most people in this thread appear to be calm, it does not take much to poison the atmosphere. Be mindful that this is a public space devoted for K. Rool and his fans. Over the top anger is uncomfortable for those of us who are also trying to process this as best as we can.

Take a break. Draw some fan art. Work out. Listen to music. Do something to clear your mind.

In any case, thanks to those that have remained calm or are doing their best to get there.

かおす
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42067802

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Really warrants wishing death upon a man, don't it?
Ok..i snapped...im sorry..i apologise i obviously dont wish he dies...lol..just that when i woke up its the first thing i see..

I still hate Sakurai and still think this is all Bull* and still hope he doesnt make the next smash game.

But yh i dont wish he was dead...i was just swimming in a sea of salt.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
My 3 most wanted characters were Ridley, K.Rool & Mewtwo.

The Ridley thread was my frigging home! I ltreally had the Ridley thread bookmarked on my phone not even SmashBoards was bookmarked just the Ridley thread was i stayed in their because it was my home for 2 years.

Then Mother brain got added as a AT then Dark Samus it was all playing out.

Not even Mewtwo who i didnt even visit his thread because i thought he was locked like Lil Mac and Palutena.

Then the ESRB leak hit and i didnt get ****ing nothing! ****ing nothing at all for **** sake!

Then Ridley gets deconfirmed in the direct..****..i was twice as mad about that then i am now!

Then Mew2 gets added and he still sucks **** light as crap..still sucks...and now this..
**** this man and **** Sakurai.
Its all bull*

Dont give a **** no more **** him peice of ****.
You have no ****ing idea how ****ed this **** has been for me and other since day 1.

Just been screwed over 24/7 for 3 years.
I see Phazon. You've been really faithful to this thread for as long as I can remember and know it does hurt. BUT, we can't let the pain kill us, we have to at least make it until October and keep up our support. BUT after, and ONLY til after Sakurai says "no" will we stop. This thread has ALREADY achieved King K. Rool as a costume in Smash Bros., we can also drive it home to getting him back in the next Dkc AND getting him in smash. No matter what the big outlets say (etika, gamexplain "king k. rip"). We have to believe and I BELIEVE, we can believe. :bubblebobble: I've been mixed on emotions today too myself, but ultimately we're here, and we all love King K. Rool and will not give up on his inclusion. I won't.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why, but I'm getting kinda hyped for a K Rool announcement.
This whole situation seems very suspicious because it seems like something Sakurai would totally do.. Part of me is on board with you while the other part of me is trying to have lower expectations as to not be disappointed. I'm still half expecting some kind of news on Friday.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
This thread is hard to keep up with... It is odd that so many of the people are glued to this thread. I've spent a fair bit of time reading through other threads to see their reaction.

I think it's fair to say that overall the reaction is a bit more muted than this one. People don't want their character Miiified, but they similarly don't think this is the end for K Rool rather than a potential roadblock. I think a summary of the positives is in order:

+ King K Rool has been actively recognised by Nintendo for the first time since 2008
+ Nintendo have been heavily inspired by the fan favourite design
+ All the noise gives K Rool a strong platform for future appearances
+ This is not an outright disconfirmation; even if this is the only planned content we still have 2 months to try change their mind

We all know the negative; K Rool has a very real chance of not making it in. This has always been the case. Is this costume worse than nothing? I am not honestly sure. Even if it does represent his ultimate failure to make it into Smash 4, it could herald his triumphant return. I have mixed feelings. Either way it is clear Nintendo wanted to do something for his fans; it is not yet what we want and it's important we make that clear but I also think it's important we don't get into the mindset of this being a deliberately inflammatory event by Nintendo - which, unless K Rool is announced soon (in which case, who cares?) I really don't think it is.

Finally, a message to those who want to jump ship: why? The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities:

1) Your votes still influence ballot characters - in which case they still can for K Rool!

2) Your votes don't - in which case, you may as well spend them communicating your distaste for the current state of affairs.

Please, just stay aboard a while longer. At least until the official disconfirmation you expect happens, in which case it will be soon.
well said. :bowser:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
At this point I'm waiting to see what other Mii Costumes they apparently have under wraps for today.

(Users: 87, Guests: 57)

It's like a goddamn Greek tragedy.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Ok..i snapped...im sorry..i apologise i obviously dont wish he dies...lol..just that when i woke up its the first thing i see..

I still hate Sakurai and still think this is all Bull* and still hope he doesnt make the next smash game.

But yh i dont wish he was dead...i was just swimming in a sea of salt.
And I apologize for being a prick, that was out of line for me. You've every right to be mad, it's just that I felt that saying "It should've been Sakurai who died instead of Iwata" (If I'm remembering the phrasing you used right in an earlier comment) was really, really uncalled for and trivialized the death of a great man because you were mad. I'm not perfect either, I've said stupid Sh*t when I was really mad too. We good now?

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Incoming Isaac, bandana dee, shantae, shovel knight & Wolf Mii costumes loL! Smashboards would be in shambles

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
GUIZ I FIGURED IT OUT!!

K Rool loves dress up right?
Mii Fighters love dress up.
Mii fighters dress up as K Rool!
K Rool confirmed to dress up as Mii Fighter.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You could keep voting
Yep. Now that we're hanging by a thread, with the decision to make him a costume made based on our previous votes, I no longer have any qualms about encouraging people to go vote from whatever devices they can find, multiple times. Our desire to not be sentenced to the Mii costume ghetto must ring loud and clear.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Another debacle like before as same as Ridley in its time, what the s... is happening in Sakurai´s mind or Nintendo, seriously you can pull this b....it as many times as you want but at the end it will bite back.

If this skin for Mii Fighter is to gauge the popularity of the character so they can see if is viable to make him a playable character is completely wrong and a insult to all its fans, for one the hardcore fans will say its complete garbage that a important character like K.K.R. is relegated to a simple costume and the common people that do not know anything for the character will see it as: Oh look a crocodile costume, cool! In the end they will not buy it by itself and only get it if is included in a bundle.

So it will tell nothing at all to Nintendo, only that the character has some popularity in a niche sector and all the bluff was from those communities that push for the character thinking that with the skin will be suffice to put calm in the water when they reveal the next characters, still instead if it was actually the real character the fans will buy it and the players that not know the king will say: Hey look a crocodile is a playable character and has sick moves, looks interesting maybe I should buy it! It will make more fans and maybe it will relaunch the popularity of the character again like it was in the past to maybe make the next Donkey Kong Country the next villain in all its glory.

Still disappointed if we only get him for a simple costume.

.n_n.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Yep. Now that we're hanging by a thread, with the decision to make him a costume made based on our previous votes, I no longer have any qualms about encouraging people to go vote from whatever devices they can find, multiple times. Our desire to not be sentenced to the Mii costume ghetto must ring loud and clear.
Its possible if we push hard enough, Sakurai might change his views on costumes and make him playable.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Also here's the ballot I submitted from my phone...tried appealing emotionally here.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Please delete this if this isnt allowed....but Avast has a nifty feature. Its a free antivirus program (which I highly highly recommend)....that comes with a free trial to hide your IP, and rotate you with false IPs. It changes each time to turn the feature on and off. Just saying if some feel desperate, we could try this method.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Over 150 people here and absolutely nothing is happening
Why are all these strangers here
I feel trapped :4rob:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning Received
I thought Ridley as a stage hazard was the worst thing that coulda happen.

But that **** eating grin on that miifighter is a whole new level of please understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just heard the news. This sucks beyond all reason.....

I already voted for K. Rool once and was unsure of who to vote for on my other available devices at first, but I'm dead-set on voting for K. Rool on all of them now.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Thankfully, I think most people are already calm. Disappointed and somewhat bitter with the potential prospects of K. Rool in smash, maybe. But mostly calm.

I hope those that aren't calm can reflect on why it's important to retain composure.

Firstly, this is a videogame. Even if Sakurai were intentionally trying to malign us (very doubtful), he wouldn't deserve to be personally lambasted. His decisions question? Sure. But everything with some class, patience, and respect. Respect him as a person and a developer. Secondly, we are trying to regroup. Yes, the news has shaken us. But we are trying to regroup and refocus our efforts on our goals. It doesn't help to rile everyone up, even if the emotions are sincere. They should be communicated in a way that allows us to remain productive. Thirdly, remember the rest of us in this thread. While most people in this thread appear to be calm, it does not take much to poison the atmosphere. Be mindful that this is a public space devoted for K. Rool and his fans. Over the top anger is uncomfortable for those of us who are also trying to process this as best as we can.

Take a break. Draw some fan art. Work out. Listen to music. Do something to clear your mind.

In any case, thanks to those that have remained calm or are doing their best to get there.

かおす
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42067802
That picture looks like the segment that was shown of the villains in the The Batman season 1 intro. Let's hope our favorite reptile makes it in.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Well moving for this boring topic, I would like to say that I like his NoA Design more that rare's design of him.

The only thing I would change his giving him his long tail from DK 64.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, just got back from work, and I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said.

I won't stop hoping for a playable K.Rool. Just like I still hope for a playable Ridley. But I don't think either has great chances now for SSB4.

I'm interested to see what else we're getting on Friday. If we get a character, we may have a chance since the two empty slots are likely pre-ballot. If not, then it looks like both are post-ballot only, and that's it for the number of characters we're getting.

It does seem odd that K.Rool is being brought back from the dead to be nothing but a costume. Surely Nintendo knows of his popularity; so why did they only do that?

It does remind me a lot of Ridley, and makes another case for Nintendo being out-of-touch with the fanbase. Nintendo hid Ridley from us for a year, so they could give him a grand showing as a stage boss. We didn't like that. Nintendo brings K.Rool back from the dead as a Mii costume. We don't like that. Nintendo doesn't seem to grasp that we want to see our favorites as playable characters, not just 'see them in the game'

Pity...I don't even play with Miis. I don't think I'll get this costume.

Still, we have two months to vote for the King. I just hope they will take it seriously - there's a good chance thet they'll feel that a Kharacter is redundant, and they don't want the other fanbases to complain "But K.Rool got a costume AND a character? But [fill in here] got nothing now!"

However, for my salt statement: I never liked 3rd parties. Now, I can't imagine how any 3rd party has more to do with Nintendo than Ridley and K.Rool, and I'll be furious at whoever non-Nintendo gets in.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I know I'm a bit late to the party, and I know that I've never posted here before, but I just wanted to drop by and say that I fully support King K. Rool as Smash 4 DLC. I've been on the fence about K. Rool getting into Smash for quite awhile, but he's recently started to grow on me. I loved the Donkey Kong Country games, as well as Donkey Kong 64, and I do think that K. Rool is an awesome villain. I just love his personality and design, especially his bloodshot eyeball. It really makes him look like the demented antagonist that he is.

Anyway, the entire point of this post is that I now support King K. Rool as DLC. The Mii costume disheartened me a little, but I think it's also what made K. Rool's growth on me accelerate like it did. I don't think it means very much, and I don't intend to lose heart just yet. Never give up, y'know? :)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Honestly now I can't imagine how the roster is going to look. Worst comes to worst all our animal and non-human friends will be put on the chopping block.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be honest though I don't think this completely rules K. Rool out (not trying to be punny here). But it definitely hurts his chances.

What particularly irks me is the fact that I didn't like the way the Miis were implemented into the game as fighters in the first place. I personally just find them....bland. And boring, putting it short and simple. So seeing a beloved character with loads of potential first get implemented as a mere costume on that fighter comes off as a kick in the gut to me.

I still have hopes for our King. Hopefully this costume will eventually just be here as nothing more than a "bonus" in addition to the real deal.

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
Gonna be busy for the rest of the day so this will be my last post of the day.

I was 100% rooting for Robin and Ridley and if either of those two got in I would be ecstatic. After Robin's reveal I was 100% committed to Ridley as he is my favorite videogame villain. Needless to say Robin was too slow and while I still call him my main alongside DDD neither of them truly do anything for me like Melee Samus or PM Ganondorf did. Ridley on the other hand I kept my faith until even after the 3ds because I knew there was no way he could disappoint, but we all know how that turned out.

Then after looking through my brother's old SNES and games I foudn DKC and remembered King K. Rool, the first nintendo villain I ever fought (DKC was one of the first games I beat myself) I decided to play through DKC 1 and 2 and rekindled my love for the Kremling King with his challenging fights, incredible looks, and amazing themes. I thought I was insane and was the only one who supported him but then I found Smashboards lurked around forever happy to see others agreeing with me.

In short I am going to stay on board the Gangplank Galleon, be it sailing or sinking, until victory is ours and the one true king finally gains the status of being a true smasher like he deserves.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What we need to do, is we need to adopt this new costume as the symbol of the Bring Back K. Rool movement. We can't let detractors have this as any kind of victory. If this has done anything for K. Rool, it's removed the "muh relevance" argument, and we need to use this.

Besides, it's sexy and uses the Rare design, I'll celebrate that at least.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Take a break, cool off, get some rest and recollect yourself and come back later with a calm mind. We don't need that type of negativity in this thread its not going to make anyone look good.
Its ok man..im sorry guys..for acting like a douche...i am holding out till friday...i think he has a 20% chance after Friday i will consider him 100% dconfirmrd...

Atleast i wont get overly mad anymore because they are no more characters left that i want nearly as much as the ones that didnt make it.

I appologise to everyone for a being a Douche.
Im not like this in real life.. :)
Its all good.
Although like everyone has said i must admit the costume does indeed look sick i love that they went with the Rare design its perfect and just what i wanted.

I think banjo might be added for the Ballot.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
My 3 most wanted characters were Ridley, K.Rool & Mewtwo.

The Ridley thread was my frigging home! I ltreally had the Ridley thread bookmarked on my phone not even SmashBoards was bookmarked just the Ridley thread was i stayed in their because it was my home for 2 years.

Then Mother brain got added as a AT then Dark Samus it was all playing out.

Not even Mewtwo who i didnt even visit his thread because i thought he was locked like Lil Mac and Palutena.

Then the ESRB leak hit and i didnt get ****ing nothing! ****ing nothing at all for **** sake!

Then Ridley gets deconfirmed in the direct..****..i was twice as mad about that then i am now!

Then Mew2 gets added and he still sucks **** light as crap..still sucks...and now this..
**** this man and **** Sakurai.
Its all bull*

Dont give a **** no more **** him peice of ****.
You have no ****ing idea how ****ed this **** has been for me and other since day 1.

Just been screwed over 24/7 for 3 years.

Ayyyyyyyyy lmfao

No need to apologize lulz were had.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
What we need to do, is we need to adopt this new costume as the symbol of the Bring Back K. Rool movement. We can't let detractors have this as any kind of victory. If this has done anything for K. Rool, it's removed the "muh relevance" argument, and we need to use this.

Besides, it's sexy and uses the Rare design, I'll celebrate that at least.
I can't in good conscience try to pass off that Mii as a symbol for us. Just LOOK at that s**t eating grin.

Top Bottom