• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? More desire for villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?
Mostly all of the above, yeah! I also just really like his design, and I think the game could use more villains, especially psychotic crocodile kings. I think you guys have done an awesome job as supporters, and you took my interest in the character from zero to 95.5%. The only characters I want to see slightly more are the ICs, but only by a little bit.

Also, I loved him in Mario Super Sluggers.
Don't hate, that game was sweet.

It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? Desire for more villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?
All of the above.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Mostly all of the above, yeah! I also just really like his design, and I think the game could use more villains, especially psychotic crocodile kings. I think you guys have done an awesome job as supporters, and you took my interest in the character from zero to 95.5%. The only characters I want to see slightly more are the ICs, but only by a little bit.

Also, I loved him in Mario Super Sluggers.
Don't hate, that game was sweet.
It's nice to see people who aren't DKC fans supporting K. Rool anyway. And for the record, I love your username.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
And for the record, I love your username.
Thank you, sir! I was worried it sounded to childish, what with kids these days being obsessed with fedoras. In truth, I couldn't come up with anything better, so I just chose the thing I wear on my head every day. It's like calling myself PanTs12 or something.:chuckle:

StormC

Smash Hero
I've fought all of his boss battles in all versions of the games and played Barrel Blast. That said, I've never played Donkey Konga, Sluggers, unlocked him in Barrel Blast, or got the last cutscene in DK64 for 100% (damn racing minigame in Creepy Castle).

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
and doesn't directly give money to someone who competes with Nintendo in the console business.
Even if they had to pay money to get the character onto the game, Ninty would still probably pocket the money from the actual DLC sales and, failing that, they'd at least get the money from the Banjo & Kazooie Amiibos they'd be making. (THERES an Amiibo you know would sell out like crazy.)

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? Desire for more villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?
I've only ever played Jungle Climber fully so have no personal attachment. I just feel he's a cool character and would be a lot of fun to play as.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
>Reckless Wii Remote Safety Man is 4th
*spits out drink*
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
I'M SORRY
I KNOW OUR KING IS #1
BUT FREAKING WRSM
I THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST A JOKE XD
Real talk: I would not be mad at all if Reckless Wii Safety Man got into Smash. I actually made a full moveset for him too. It's on Smashboards somewhere. In fact, if he did make it into Smash, I'd probably learn how to play him well, just so I could troll in tournaments with him.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think that all DLC newcomers should have a proper CGI trailer like other newcomers. Sadly it likely won't happen, as Ryu didn't get one.
Ryu did get one. The animation at the very begining (the throwback to Super Street Fighter 2's intro) was CGI. Granted, it was brief, but it was something (and really, it was all the CGI Ryu needed).

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Random question, but do you guys think it'd be cool if King K's f-smash was his baseball bat? It seems like it'd be a cool reference to his (sadly) most recent appearance.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Random question, but do you guys think it'd be cool if King K's f-smash was his baseball bat? It seems like it'd be a cool reference to his (sadly) most recent appearance. Plus, that thing looked pretty cool.
That sounds honestly kind of meh... this appearance is in all honesty anecdotal in the grand scheme of things. Plus we already have Ness as a user of baseball bat forward smash. At most I think it could inspire K. Rool's home-run bat animation.

StormC

Smash Hero
Random question, but do you guys think it'd be cool if King K's f-smash was his baseball bat? It seems like it'd be a cool reference to his (sadly) most recent appearance.
I'd rather it be his attack in DKC2 where he pistol whips you with his blunderbuss.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
You know, even before the belly armor tidbit came out this week, I had the idea that, if they want to bring it back for a future redesign, you could incorporate it into a boss fight in that you have to knock it away somehow, then jump on/pound the exposed belly to damage K. Rool.

Last edited:

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
I'd rather it be his attack in DKC2 where he pistol whips you with his blunderbuss.
I think his overall best final smash would be the canon balls dropping down from the sky like they did in the first DKC game. Only problem I see is if he's got all those alternate costumes it would be weird to see Kaptain K Rool do it. Just have to wait and see.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think his overall best final smash would be the canon balls dropping down from the sky like they did in the first DKC game. Only problem I see is if he's got all those alternate costumes it would be weird to see Kaptain K Rool do it. Just have to wait and see.
that didn't stop the Koopalings from becoming Shadow Mario

Though personally I'd rather have his final smash be a barrage of enemies, like dedede's final smash from Brawl.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
So Mario Tennis 64 drops on the VC tomorrow, sadly our King wasn't in that game, though DK and DKJr were, say what if K.Rool showed up in Ultra Smash? Would you main him?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Why waste the cannonballs on a Final Smash? Choose something like the Kredits which wouldn't be a really interesting special.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So Mario Tennis 64 drops on the VC tomorrow, sadly our King wasn't in that game, though DK and DKJr were, say what if K.Rool showed up in Ultra Smash? Would you main him?
You're damn right I would, just like I mained him (as best I could) in Sluggers and Barrel Blast. I mained Diddy in everything else but MKWii; I just want more games with playable K. Rool damn it.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I can't see it as extremely likely, but hellz yeah I would. King K. Rool and Waluigi as a doubles team would be perfect.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I think this is the perfect final smash for king k rool!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Laniv

Smash Champion
Top Bottom