• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ok.

So....back to the theory that the reason K. Rool doesn't have the gold armor on his belly now is because he's outgrown it. :troll:
Considering he's been out of commission for a while now, I don't think he'll be using that thing for a long while. :laugh:

Granted, he could just strap it to his belly with as many belts and straps (and some tape) as possible. That may actually be cool to see, giving it a more "realistic" look (I mean, seriously, how did he keep that think on his tummy without it falling over?).

... So, if K. Rool got a CGI trailer for Smash, I picture him down in the dumps on his messy captain cabin, wearing some trousers, playing Donkey Kong on the NES and losing, which he promptly throws out of the window and into the sea, when suddenly a Neckie comes into his room and delivers him a letter. The king krok the sheepishly reads the letter, only to realize it's a Smash invitation! Cue a montage of him getting dressed and prepared for combat (wash his face, floss his teeth, shave his muzzle, knitting his cape, polishing his crown, attempting to put on his belly armor). He then triumphantly exits his cabin and orders the Kremlins to set sail to wherever the heck, to join the fray!

King K. Rool
Krashes the Party!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Considering he's been out of commission for a while now, I don't think he'll be using that thing for a long while. :laugh:

Granted, he could just strap it to his belly with as many belts and straps (and some tape) as possible. That may actually be cool to see, giving it a more "realistic" look (I mean, seriously, how did he keep that think on his tummy without it falling over?).

... So, if K. Rool got a CGI trailer for Smash, I picture him down in the dumps on his messy captain cabin, wearing some trousers, playing Donkey Kong on the NES and losing, which he promptly throws out of the window and into the sea, when suddenly a Neckie comes into his room and delivers him a letter. The king krok the sheepishly reads the letter, only to realize it's a Smash invitation! Cue a montage of him getting dressed and prepared for combat (wash his face, floss his teeth, shave his muzzle, knitting his cape, polishing his crown, attempting to put on his belly armor). He then triumphantly exits his cabin and orders the Kremlins to set sail to wherever the heck, to join the fray!

King K. Rool
Krashes the Party!
Donkey Kong like the original arcade game. Or do you mean the SNES DKC but that was a typo. It'd be weird if it was arcade DK.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong like the original arcade game. Or do you mean the SNES DKC but that was a typo. It'd be weird if it was arcade DK.
It would be more fitting for K. Rool to be playing the original Donkey Kong since he would get to fight against DK in that game, but he would have to play as DK and fight against himself if he was playing DKC.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It would be more fitting for K. Rool to be playing the original Donkey Kong since he would get to fight against DK in that game, but he would have to play as DK and fight against himself if he was playing DKC.
I think it'd be funny if they edited the footage of the game so that King K. Rool was the playable character and was jumping on DK's head.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, even before the belly armor tidbit came out this week, I had the idea that, if they want to bring it back for a future redesign, you could incorporate it into a boss fight in that you have to knock it away somehow, then jump on/pound the exposed belly to damage K. Rool.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

King K. Rool
Krashes the Party!
i'd imagine the scene where he is putting his belly armour would be similar to this.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they keep the gold plate. The Original Rare design showed a crazy and more evil K. Rool. Both Country and 64. The new Design is childish from Paon.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
i'd imagine the scene where he is putting his belly armour would be similar to this.
I really wished that scene actually made it into the movie, I loved this trailer back then and still do now. And I can see it for K. Rool and his golden belly armor...assuming he doesn't just glue it to himself like he apparently did last time.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
THAT IS TOTALLY ADVERTISING FOR TIME AND LIFE MAGAZINE! SELLOUTS!

This should totally be the basis for the K Rool CGI trailer.
(imagine the animated series voice actors)

Klump: *turns on P.A.* Your magesty, your dinner is ready.

K. Rool: I CAN'T COME KLUMP, I GOT INVI-- I-- GOTTA GO... maybe a salmon meuniere, OOH and a banana!

StormC

Smash Hero
The idea of the trailer openly acknowledging K. Rool's hiatus is a very Rare thing, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want to validate people's thoughts that he's "irrelevant" and would love a trailer that shows him in his element.

Not that it matters 'cause DLC characters aren't getting CGI trailers anyway.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Judging by the Mewtwo, Roy and Ryu trailers, a K. Rool trailer would have a split second of CGI, spliced in with mostly gameplay footage. Any ideas for what could go in the CGI portion? Mewtwo had his eye, Roy had a fiery slash, Ryu had...jumping up and down in place.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Judging by the Mewtwo, Roy and Ryu trailers, a K. Rool trailer would have a split second of CGI, spliced in with mostly gameplay footage. Any ideas for what could go in the CGI portion? Mewtwo had his eye, Roy had a fiery slash, Ryu had...jumping up and down in place.
Maybe a quick fight scene between K.Rool and DK?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I want the Incredibles thing, or maybe something like I'm back. Also I never understood why Ryu bounces up and down, is it to keep his body always moving (Little Mac does the same kind of thing). I mean don't tell Ryu but he looks kinda silly.

StormC

Smash Hero
None of those are CGI though, they're just edits and positioning of gameplay footage and models.

Personally, I feel like the Gangplank Galleon theme is set up nicely so that it shows fight scenes going on without K. Rool, until he suddenly appears with his splash screen (much like the Lucas trailer) as the rock portion of the song kicks in.

I want the Incredibles thing, or maybe something like I'm back. Also I never understood why Ryu bounces up and down, is it to keep his body always moving (Little Mac does the same kind of thing). I mean don't tell Ryu but he looks kinda silly.
It's a fighting stance. They're shuffling their movement to stay mobile with their guard up.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Also I never understood why Ryu bounces up and down, is it to keep his body always moving (Little Mac does the same kind of thing). I mean don't tell Ryu but he looks kinda silly.
Keeping the body moving means you react quicker to incoming objects, so yes the stance (which is called the "orthodox stance") is actually logical and serves a big purpose.

Which kinda makes me wonder how a K.Rool/Little Mac boxing match would go...

I think that all DLC newcomers should have a proper CGI trailer like other newcomers. Sadly it likely won't happen, as Ryu didn't get one.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
None of those are CGI though, they're just edits and positioning of gameplay footage and models.

Personally, I feel like the Gangplank Galleon theme is set up nicely so that it shows fight scenes going on without K. Rool, until he suddenly appears with his splash screen (much like the Lucas trailer) as the rock portion of the song kicks in.
Maybe it'll be like the opposite of Lucas'. DK and Diddy are on top of the world, beating all the teams that come there way, Mario and Luigi, Link and Sheik, Duck Hunt and R.O.B. Then all of a sudden K Rool comes out of nowhere and starts destroying them singlehandedly showing of all of his moves,

Last edited:
The start of the reveal trailer of Ryu mimics the intro of Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, with Ryu bouncing up and down with the flashing lights, shadows and thunder.

For K. Rool, my guess if he's included is a shot with his eye in some way with the rest of his body hidden to then reveal his whole body(like Mewtwo).

Or a shot from behind which shows K. Rool petting a klaptrap, watching a video of DK/Diddy in Smash and get up off a chair(think DK64) with his cape fluttering behind him as he walks through a dark hallway.

Maybe.a crown throw or cannon ball splitting up a fight with DK/Diddy/Dixie(hopefully!) involved where it cuts back to K.Rool. SO many possibilities, though that last one could proabbly be down without the need for CGI.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm in Chimp Caverns and just got to Candy's Save Point there.

I'm awfully close to that pile of bananas.

Probably one or two levels left.

Then the king.

Then I will have finally beaten this game of my childhood.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm in Chimp Caverns and just got to Candy's Save Point there.

I'm awfully close to that pile of bananas.

Probably one or two levels left.

Then the king.

Then I will have finally beaten this game of my childhood.
I can never get past Vulture culture :(
edit: well I stand corrected, I just beat it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
K. Rool's most distinctive feature is his bloodshot eye, so most likely that. Imagine a gleaming eye in the darkness, watching Diddy and DK fighting on a stage, and then suddenly a Cannonball knocks off Diddy, DK glares in the direction of the shot and K. Rool steps out.
King K. Rool
Krashes the Party!
:231:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also I never understood why Ryu bounces up and down, is it to keep his body always moving (Little Mac does the same kind of thing). I mean don't tell Ryu but he looks kinda silly.
That's been his idle animation in every Street Fighter and crossover game(Marvel, Tekken, Tatsunoko, SNK) he's appeared in.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That reminds me, I really hope K. Rool gets a unique tagline like the ones suggested in here. Having it just be "Here Comes a New Challenger! K. Rool!" would be dull as dishwater considering the fun alternatives.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
That reminds me, I really hope K. Rool gets a unique tagline like the ones suggested in here. Having it just be "Here Comes a New Challenger! K. Rool!" would be dull as dishwater considering the fun alternatives.
The "Here Comes A New Challenger" was a deliberate Street Fighter reference. K Rool would get a similarly punny tagline.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"Here Comes A New Challenger" I feel was picked because that's Street Fighter's tagline for character intros and thus fitting for Ryu.

:4greninja:'d

King K Rool and other Nintendo newcomers would surely get one of those creative ones.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Well, they probably are open to a third party idea if it seems appealing enough... but unless it's like Brawl/4 where Sonic/Mega Man just dominates polls, I doubt they will choose any.
If K. Rool gets in, I'm gonna be riding the Banjo & Kazooie train myself. Now that we have straight up support from Phil Spencer, Playtonic, and even Jon Jafari (You know he must've contributed to at least some of their votes with his tweet.), their popularity is up again. Furthermore, now that Sakurai has added Ryu as a newcomer for Smash, with a stunning model and an interesting new gameplay mechanic for a third party character, this really has to make a fan question what Sakurai and Nintendo is actually willing to do now with Smash Bros. and third parties, meaning that if their appeal is high enough, you have to wonder if the bird and the bear really have a chance.

StormC

Smash Hero
Furthermore, now that Sakurai has added Ryu as a newcomer for Smash, with a stunning model and an interesting new gameplay mechanic for a third party character, this really has to make a fan question what Sakurai and Nintendo is actually willing to do now with Smash Bros. and third parties, meaning that if their appeal is high enough, you have to wonder if the bird and the bear really have a chance.
The thing is, Banjo isn't third party. He's from a rival first party company.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I've visited here before, but I locked myself out of my account for a while and disappeared. I've been lurking for months now, just watching....
Anyways, I REALLY want to see King K Rool in Smash. Like, I'm having dreams about his conformation, despite never playing a DKC game with him in it.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
The thing is, Banjo isn't third party. He's from a rival first party company.
You can say Ryu getting into Smash only helps Sony by promoting SFV. I don't think anyone expected Ryu before the leaks. Maybe they just care about DLC sales?

StormC

Smash Hero
Anyways, I REALLY want to see King K Rool in Smash. Like, I'm having dreams about his conformation, despite never playing a DKC game with him in it.
It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? Desire for more villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?

You can say Ryu getting into Smash only helps Sony by promoting SFV. I don't think anyone expected Ryu before the leaks. Maybe they just care about DLC sales?
Ryu still has the capability to appear on Nintendo consoles and doesn't directly give money to someone who competes with Nintendo in the console business.

Capcom is also easy to work with compared to other third party companies and Sakurai likes Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? More desire for villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?

Ryu still has the capability to appear on Nintendo consoles and doesn't directly give money to someone who competes with Nintendo in the console business.

Capcom is also easy to work with compared to other third party characters and Sakurai likes Street Fighter.
Same reasoning I've heard when it comes to supporting many other characters. I guess he just grows on you.
It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? Desire for more villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?

Capcom is also easy to work with compared to other third party companies and Sakurai likes Street Fighter.
Yeah, they have the capability, but we haven't had a mainline Street Fighter game on a Nintendo console since SF2. It just cost a lot more to port to a gimmicky system like the Wii U. It sort of is directly helping Sony. It's introducing Nintendo fans to a series whose newest iteration is a rival console's exclusive.
Plus, Phil Spencer already gave the okay when it came to Banjo-Kazooie, so it shouldn't really be that hard to put them in.
This is all wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's really fascinating to me how many people actively support K. Rool despite lacking firsthand experience with the character. Is it interest in his variety as a fighter? Respect for his fans and/or legacy? More desire for villains and heavyweights?

...all of the above?
I'm in the last category personally:grin:

Top Bottom