• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I personally want and expect the king look. Yeah, he changes outfits a lot, but it'd be (sort of) like having Mario in the Tanooki suit by default to have him wear anything else. I'd love to see alternate costumes, of course, but I think that King K. Rool should obviously be dressed like a king in his default appearance.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
King K. Rool not dressed as a king is like Mr. Game & Watch dressed as a Mrs. Game & Watch. It's just politically incorrect wrong.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We did discuss having him wear his Kaptain outfit by default, with the option to switch into his King outfit, similarly to Wario with his Ware and Land outfits, just because of Kaptain's badass factor. However, it seems most people want the opposite to happen, with Baron possible as a costume as well. Whatever costumes K. Rool has would also have to be compatible, moveset-wise, since if he throws his crown as a King, he'd have to be able to replicate that as Kaptain and Baron.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just happy as long as it's K. Rool, haha. I admit, I'm pretty partial to the King look, but I definitely want the Kaptain as an alternate costume a la Wario. Baron, too, but I think he's less likely, since DKC3 doesn't get much attention in Smash games, sadly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd be down with every character having at least one alternate outfit in general. It's kind of silly that it's only Wario that's like that. (What's even more silly is that his WarioWare look is the default.)

So yeah K. Rool should have the King look and I'd personally prefer Baron over Kaptain for his secondary look.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd be down with every character having at least one alternate outfit in general. It's kind of silly that it's only Wario that's like that. (What's even more silly is that his WarioWare look is the default.)

So yeah K. Rool should have the King look and I'd personally prefer Baron over Kaptain for his secondary look.
I've always felt that it was wasted potential that only Wario had alternate costumes. I so wanted Fusion Suit Samus, or even regular Power Suit Samus. A Dr. Mario skin would also be a no-brainer, and would satisfy his past mains. Kaptain K. Rool would be great, but as BKupa stated, if the crown toss is a move then that idea is probably already out the window. I personally think that the King outfit would be best, it's his most iconic and recognizable look.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I mean, what, they could probably have Kaptain throw his hat if it's just that one move, but if K. Rool has any attacks where he hits with his crown's spikes in a headbutt or something, that would be tough to replicate.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I've always felt that it was wasted potential that only Wario had alternate costumes. I so wanted Fusion Suit Samus, or even regular Power Suit Samus. A Dr. Mario skin would also be a no-brainer, and would satisfy his past mains. Kaptain K. Rool would be great, but as BKupa stated, if the crown toss is a move then that idea is probably already out the window. I personally think that the King outfit would be best, it's his most iconic and recognizable look.
Why not just throw the Kaptain's hat for his alt costume? Or the headlamp for Baron? I'd love it if he was the only one with three alt costumes, since he really deserves it IMO.
Edit: ninja'd

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I wouldn't mind having the Super Sluggers costume as an alt if push comes to shove; at least then any crown-based attacks can be replicated. However, I do hope K Rool has some cape-using moves as well, so that would still be a problem.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Has this been posted before?
I have, though it's never been posted in this thread before. This guy has an impressive gallery of virtually every Smash veteran and newcomer candidate under the sun, an they're all quite well done. I just wish I could read the bios he wrote out alongside them.

Groose

Smash Champion
I support K.Rool but, I must admit, I've never really paid too much attention to the discussions so I have a question for the mainstays here: which appearance is preferred? The King look? The Kaptain look? The Baron look? The Sluggers look? I'm extremely biased because DKC2 is in my top 5 favorite games of all time so I'd actually prefer the Kaptain look over the significantly more likely King/original look.
The general consensus is that the King would be the default look, but his moveset would draw from moves like the Kaptain's Blunderbuss. People have also tossed around the idea of Wario-esque alternate costumes.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, so I really, really wouldn't mind K. Rool's character model resembling that in Smash...
Yeah, I miss his gigantic crown and his golden belly.
----->
WHY?!
And I just noticed his cape now has a more dull red-orange color instead of that vibrant red.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, let's do some trailer brainstorming!

The first trailer's clip of DK running through the jungle continues, as the 1269th remix of DK Island Swing plays in the background. It seems to be some sort of callback to the SSE, as Diddy flips out of the trees onto DK's back and fires off some peanuts at various Goombas and Koopas behind him (still in the jungle for whatever reason). The duo arrive at their Banana Hoard and begin celebrating, as two loud stomps sound in the background. Rather than focusing on the new arrival's feet, the camera remains on the Kongs, as they roll their eyes to each other and turn around, expecting Bowser again...only for their eyes to widen in shock.

K. Rool stands with his cape blowing in the wind, glaring at the Kongs and chuckling deeply to himself, as the intro to Gangplank Galleon begins playing. The Kongs react angrily, like they do before DKCR's boss fights, for K. Rool to point at them, ordering Klaptraps out of the underbrush at his nemeses. As the Kongs charge into the fray, K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss, fires off two cannonballs, then grabs his crown and hurls it into the camera. The camera zooms in and out on the crown; when it's zoomed out again, K. Rool is standing against a green backdrop. He catches the crown and poses, as the slogan 'King K. Rool Returns' flashes across the screen. As it does, the intense portion of Gangplank Galleon begins to accompany his gameplay footage.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool could take some of slow playstyle Bowser now has got rid of now we speaking? If Bowser is sped up significantly, K.Rool could be King slow heavyweight instead of him. That way DK would be a legit rival due to him being the fastest heavy weight around (or one of the faster at least).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
King K.Rool could take some of slow playstyle Bowser now has got rid of now we speaking? If Bowser is sped up significantly, K.Rool could be King slow heavyweight instead of him. That way DK would be a legit rival due to him being the fastest heavy weight around (or one of the faster at least).
What is slower, though? A turtle or a crocodile?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What is slower, though? A turtle or a crocodile?
Bowser isn't a turtle, he's a Koopa :p

Either way, I don't think it matters much when a Fox is faster than a Falcon already. I think K. Rool's overly attractive belly would hinder him from being faster than Bowser.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Crocodiles are very careful and secure animals though. They also take their time to get in a good position going for the kill. But they strike rather fast when they do attack. That's why I always said to that K.Rool should have some certain moves that are way too fast from what his size suggests. But no more than, 3 or 4. He still should be rather slow.

As for slow turtles, check Squirtle. :smirk: Lightest character in Brawl, but one of the fastest overall. He also plays much more like a turtle than Bowser.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Crocodiles are very careful and secure animals though. They also take their time to get in a good position going for the kill. But they strike rather fast when they do attack. That's why I always said to that K.Rool should have some certain moves that are way too fast from what his size suggests. But no more than, 3 or 4. He still should be rather slow.

As for slow turtles, check Squirtle. :smirk: Lightest character in Brawl, but one of the fastest overall. He also plays much more like a turtle than Bowser.
Not to mention that his Speed stat is supposed to be way lower than both Ivysaur's and Charizard's.

Also, I'd love for him to have a few very quick attacks too, would fit well with his whacky personality to not really be able to be put him under a slow or fast label.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly. I picture him as a bigger, and slower mix of Bowser, Wario and DeDeDe. Bowser's slow and tanky but powerful strenght based moves, few quirky moves like Wario, slow but devestating like Dedede but slower even. He should have very powerful but slow moves to that take a lot of precision to land, but have super armor. If Ganondof gets new moves, I think his Back Air would fit K.Rool well. As well as Wario's Bite Attack.

Heck he could even have Bowser's F Smash provided it's replaced by the drop kick? I think a headbut with that crown would hurt.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
To be fair, they kind of balance it with Squirtle by making him generally faster while still having a slower dash speed than Ivysaur or Charizard. Also, Falco is apparently a pheasant, not a falcon. Eh, I'll consider him a hybrid and call it a day on that one.

I'd have no trouble with whatever playstyle K. Rool has, honestly. He's been portrayed as surprisingly fast and crafty, ponderously slow and brutish, and everything in between. As long as he gets a good moveset, I'd be fine. I just hope Sakurai has the sense to pull from the DKC games, and not make too much up out of thin air.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, they kind of balance it with Squirtle by making him generally faster while still having a slower dash speed than Ivysaur or Charizard. Also, Falco is apparently a pheasant, not a falcon. Eh, I'll consider him a hybrid and call it a day on that one.

I'd have no trouble with whatever playstyle K. Rool has, honestly. He's been portrayed as surprisingly fast and crafty, ponderously slow and brutish, and everything in between. As long as he gets a good moveset, I'd be fine. I just hope Sakurai has the sense to pull from the DKC games, and not make too much up out of thin air.
An Edward's Pheasant, to be exact.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Exactly. I picture him as a bigger, and slower mix of Bowser, Wario and DeDeDe. Bowser's slow and tanky but powerful strenght based moves, few quirky moves like Wario, slow but devestating like Dedede but slower even. He should have very powerful but slow moves to that take a lot of precision to land, but have super armor. If Ganondof gets new moves, I think his Back Air would fit K.Rool well. As well as Wario's Bite Attack.

Heck he could even have Bowser's F Smash provided it's replaced by the drop kick? I think a headbut with that crown would hurt.
Basically this, combined with a lot of projectile use and cartoony effects. I'd enjoy having his stomach make boigny noises when characters collide with it, for example, especially if it has super armor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Screw Tharja, K. Rool has the best boingy bits. :troll:

Super armor could be cool, though.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I really hope Sakurai and his teams is already working on K. Rool for Smash 4. I'd love to see an HD trailer such as the previously described above :D. Maybe for this game all our thoughts will be real knowing that Nintendo has done some great things listeining to us, the fans. For example, the inclusion of Megaman in Smash 4, the release of Earthbound on the Wii U Virtual Console (a game that was forgot by Nintendo on the Wii Virtual Console, and now has been published because of the fan request). I'm very hopeful for this with King K. Rool.

I have, though it's never been posted in this thread before. This guy has an impressive gallery of virtually every Smash veteran and newcomer candidate under the sun, an they're all quite well done. I just wish I could read the bios he wrote out alongside them.
Where are all those images? I'd love to see the others!

Luigi player

Smash Master
They'll do that eventually I'm sure. At least the DK64 one. Eventually people are gonna start asking. Besides, it's so easy to do.
I'd totally buy a DK64 3DS remake with new additions. Maybe they'd do a sequel for it too if it would sell well.

Top Bottom