• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Regarding the meaningfulness of the ballot: To ensure the integrity of the ballot results, I imagine Nintendo has a few options. Besides tracking IPs, I think Nintendo is probably also conducting "behind the scenes" polls to compare to the ballot results. I don't think I've ever seen anything describing their polling methods for previous Smash Bros games, but I think it's reasonable to think that they would conduct them on social media they have some connection to (like official FB/twitter accounts) or on forums like this one (I imagine it's simply more time and cost-efficient to reach your target population in this way).

With that in mind, I think K. Rool fans have a lot to be happy about. The results of many polls are more reliable than the results of one or two, and K. Rool is among the top (if not the top) of all the major polls I've seen. This suggests that K. Rool is likely topping the open ballot and any "behind the scenes" polls Nintendo might be taking to better assess DLC desires. I think it's implausible that "casual" fans are having any meaningful effect on the results. I would expect low participation from that group relative to more invested forum users. Additionally, I cannot see any "reasonable" choice emerging from the "casuals" group. I imagine the frontrunners for them are characters like Master Chief and Spongebob. I think K. Rool is in a good place.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think the ballot results will turn out to be good since casuals who play won't really care about it. The only ones who would vote for meaningful characters are the hardcore fans (us) and trolls (Shrek, Goku, Spongebob, Master Chief, Meow Meow Mario).

StormC

Smash Hero
Historically speaking, when Sakurai and co. are picking characters due to fan demand, they're on the money.

-Sonic was added to Brawl as the most requested character.
-Mega Man was added to Smash 4 as the most requested character.
-Mewtwo was added as Smash DLC as the most requested character.

It's not like he's gonna belt out Vaati and say "presenting the most requested character from the Smash Ballot...!"

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Historically speaking, when Sakurai and co. are picking characters due to fan demand, they're on the money.

-Sonic was added to Brawl as the most requested character.
-Mega Man was added to Smash 4 as the most requested character.
-Mewtwo was added as Smash DLC as the most requested character.

It's not like he's gonna belt out Vaati and say "presenting the most requested character from the Smash Ballot...!"
That's certainly true. He's never been ignorant of what's popular, just didn't pick everything.

But after getting burned a few times, it's hard not to take a pessimistic viewpoint on it, y'know?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Even without the the Ballot King K. Rool has MASSIVE push. As time goes by I'm seeing him everywhere for good or bad. He even gets mentioned on lists where he isn't wanted just so they can detract him. His popularly is clear, Retro sees it and they're on the inside. There's no way Sakurai is unaware of K. Rools popularly at this point. This isn't including the requests he received pre ballot from fans asking about K. Rool. He knows he was requested in Brawl too. K. Rool can't be flying under his radar there's just no way especially when you consider K. Rools eastern popularity too. If K. Rool gets snubbed there needs to be an explanation givin like what Ridley fans got. Because at this point he's a center piece in Smash world right now, love him or hate him everyone's talking about him and that's what we want.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Considering people that are really adamant about their character can randomize the IP on their phone and theoretically vote many, MANY times on different IPs, doesn't that render both scenarios relatively pointless?
Then both scenarios are pointless and, just as in scenario 2, the poll numbers are meaningless.

Edit: well, maybe not meaningless. They won't show how many persons want X character, but they'll certainly show which one has the greatest number of hardcore fans with a lot of time on their hands (and a willingness to randomize their ips).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That's certainly true. He's never been ignorant of what's popular, just didn't pick everything.

But after getting burned a few times, it's hard not to take a pessimistic viewpoint on it, y'know?
No, I understand. I've been doing this god awful Smash speculation for almost a decade now. But it's worth pointing out that he fulfilled the most popular request of Melee (Bowser), Brawl (Sonic), 4 (Mega Man), and DLC (Mewtwo). And seeing how DLC relies on people buying characters individually, now more than ever, popular characters will rool the day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good morning King K Rool supporters just want to give you all a good nice happy laugh in the morning ;)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever herd of a character named King of K Rools? He's a cool guy. He shud be in Smash Brawlers for the Wii Us.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
So in K. Rools army, his most dominant is his navy (being crocodiles it makes sense), but the Kremlings also have an Air Force in the form of blimps that are only seen in DKL. Is it time for some land vehicles? Even Bowser has tanks.

Also I want blimps to return.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So in K. Rools army, his most dominant is his navy (being crocodiles it makes sense), but the Kremlings also have an Air Force in the form of blimps that are only seen in DKL. Is it time for some land vehicles? Even Bowser has tanks.

Also I want blimps to return.
There was the Flying Krock in DKC2 which would probably be the flagship for a Kremling air force.

Didn't they use some air ship in 64?
King Kruiser II.
Followed by K Kruizer III and King Kruiser IV in King of Swing and Jungle Climber.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I don't know if you were around at the time (most likely not), but I made these alts. In a much bigger version, also. :p
I really like the pilot costume. It would be a good way to bring back military styled Kremlings.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I love Chicken Little.

10 years later and that chicken still looks good.
#ChickenLittle4Sm4sh
No we already have Wally in the game. :4rob: :troll:

Has anyone ever herd of a character named King of K Rools? He's a cool guy. He steals bananas and doesn't afraid of anything!
I feex.

I also came here to tell you guys that someone is made a mod for K.Rool but it looks like someone already beat me to the punch but I guess I can show you guys this.

I guess it show it doesn't matter own big or small you are, anyone can be ONE OF US.

(also K. rool x Ridley fanfiction when?)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel if Sakurai showed off a character reveal trailer that had K. Rool written all over it but then it revealed them to actually be Lord Fredrik? That'd have to be the biggest troll trailer since the Greninja one.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be cool if Sakurai was working on K. Rool right now, as we speak? It's possible.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How would you guys feel if Sakurai showed off a character reveal trailer that had K. Rool written all over it but then it revealed them to actually be Lord Fredrik? That'd have to be the biggest troll trailer since the Greninja one.
No one would be pleased. And I don't want Greninja reactions 2.0, thank you very much.

I mean, I own the Lord Fredrick support thread, but even I'd dislike it. I really like Fredrick's design, almost as much as K. Rool, with that Viking theme, his horn, and being a walrus and want to see the Snowmads become series regulars too, but I don't think he deserves in over K. Rool.

:231:

that would not be good.

if there is 1 thing i know about the k rool fanbase it would be that we are the nicest and kindest people you could meet,but we get really pissed off when we see other less deserving characters get in over ours.

and you dont want to get the krool fanbase angry because if you do you better run.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
that would not be good.

if there is 1 thing i know about the k rool fanbase it would be that we are the nicest and kindest people you could meet,but we get really pissed off when we see other less deserving people get in over ours.

and you dont want to get the krool fanbase angry because if you do you better run.
So true. Remember how SALTY this thread got on the roy/ryu leak lol. And that was JUST A LEAK.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Even without the the Ballot King K. Rool has MASSIVE push. As time goes by I'm seeing him everywhere for good or bad. He even gets mentioned on lists where he isn't wanted just so they can detract him. His popularly is clear, Retro sees it and they're on the inside. There's no way Sakurai is unaware of K. Rools popularly at this point. This isn't including the requests he received pre ballot from fans asking about K. Rool. He knows he was requested in Brawl too. K. Rool can't be flying under his radar there's just no way especially when you consider K. Rools eastern popularity too. If K. Rool gets snubbed there needs to be an explanation givin like what Ridley fans got. Because at this point he's a center piece in Smash world right now, love him or hate him everyone's talking about him and that's what we want.
The explanation we got for Ridley was that he'd fit better as a boss, which is bulls***. What about Ganondorf, wouldn't he fit better as a boss or if he was represented correctly. They can't give us a bulls*** excuse for not having King K. Rool when he is the most popular character.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be cool if Sakurai was working on K. Rool right now, as we speak? It's possible.
This is what's really messing with my brain right now. Is he looking up YouTube boss battles of K. Rool? Is he talking with his team about what pose K. Rool should assume in his official render? Are they debating whether or not to have his Rare design, PAON design, or something in between?

Gah.

The explanation we got for Ridley was that he'd fit better as a boss, which is bulls***. What about Ganondorf, wouldn't he fit better as a boss or if he was represented correctly. They can't give us a bulls*** excuse for not having King K. Rool when he is the most popular character.
That's not the reason he gave.

I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer. It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is what's really messing with my brain right now. Is he looking up YouTube boss battles of K. Rool? Is he talking with his team about what pose K. Rool should assume in his official render? Are they debating whether or not to have his Rare design, PAON design, or something in between?

Gah.

I don't know. I think its possible K. Rool could be in the works, but I can't say for sure.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Was it that he was too big. Cuz that's bulls*** too. My Ganondorf argument still works for the explanation he gave. I don't feel like I'm playing the King of Evil when I play Ganondorf in Smash. I feel like I'm playing a clone of Captain Falcon that was originally going to be Black Shadow.

Last edited:
Was it that he was too big. Cuz that's bulls*** too.
he said this
sakurai said:
I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”
EDIT didnt read whole page. whoops

I still disagree with it but whatever

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's what he just said in the quote I posted.

I'm not crazy about having this conversation again, especially in a thread that isn't even about Ridley, so I'll just repost what I said in the Metroid thread:

Ridley has only been at a size comparable to a playable Smash fighter in the original Metroid and the Melee intro. While, yes, you can downsize him, the issue is one of relativity and proportion: Olimar and the Pikmin are at the same relative size to each other as they are in the Pikmin games proper, which is the key thing, as a character's "actual" size changes overall depending on the stage they are on. As far as proportions go, this is really the biggest issue with downsizing Ridley; he has huge wings, a long neck, a wide stance, a big head, and lanky proportions. His hitbox would be enormous if he had all of these kept even at Bowser's height.

I'd still love to see Ridley in Smash, but he would most likely need a complete redesign to be feasible as a fighter... or they would use his Other M design, which has proportions that can be downsized.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That wouldn't be a good idea, at least Greninja was popular beforehand, so a lot of fans were pleasantly surprised to balance out the disappointment of it not being Mewtwo (though he still got flack for that). Lord Fredrik would probably do more to irritate people considering many would prefer King K. Rool or Dixie over him.

I also came here to tell you guys that someone is made a mod for K.Rool but it looks like someone already beat me to the punch but I guess I can show you guys this.

I guess it show it doesn't matter own big or small you are, anyone can be ONE OF US.

(also K. rool x Ridley fanfiction when?)
Aw yeah, we're bringing back "TooBigShipping." :awesome:

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I love how people start talking about Ridley has soon has a post a picture of him here.

Ridley, Krool, Ganon, Dr.Eggman they're all awesome now if you excuse me I have a bounty hunter to cheer up.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Ridley, the biggest controversial topic of smashboards. My view the WHOLE time was,..... RIDLEYS ALREADY IN THE GAME. Too big? sure, but he's in the game already.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, can we get some sort of informal ban on Ridley discussion in this thread? I'm sorry, but it's exhausting to rehash the same discussion topic every time he comes up in this thread.

"Hopefully Sakurai puts this character in the game."
"Yeah, but he also screwed over Ridley..."
"RIDLEY CAN DEFINITELY WORK"
"SAKURAI IS FULL OF IT"

I'm sick of Ridley penetrating nearly every facet of Smash discussion.

Top Bottom