• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Yeah, can we get some sort of informal ban on Ridley discussion in this thread? I'm sorry, but it's exhausting to rehash the same discussion topic every time he comes up in this thread.

"Hopefully Sakurai puts this character in the game."
"Yeah, but he also screwed over Ridley..."
"RIDLEY CAN DEFINITELY WORK"
"SAKURAI IS FULL OF IT"

I'm sick of Ridley penetrating nearly every facet of Smash discussion.
lol once someone brings it up everything comes out xD But on the real yeah we should stop before someone disagrees with someone o.-

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I can't wait til this thread hits 1,000 pages. Do you guys think It'll happen BEFORE or after K. Rool's announcement?

StormC

Smash Hero
We've averaged like, 3 pages a day since the Direct. So it could still be a few months, but probably by the time the ballot ends.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can't wait til this thread hits 1,000 pages. Do you guys think It'll happen BEFORE or after K. Rool's announcement?
Depends on if K.Rool's pre-ballot or not. I believe that this thread will likely get 1000 at October, when the ballot ends.
You know, after mentioning Ridley, I realized something. K.Rool and Ridley aren't that different really. Both highly intelligent, threatening, leaders of potential murderers, have closer ties with the protagonist than most Nintendo villains (DK being kongnapped about what? 4 times DKL included?) and both are very popular characters in their own right outside of smash

Depends on if K.Rool's pre-ballot or not. I believe that this thread will likely get 1000 at October, when the ballot ends.
You know, after mentioning Ridley, I realized something. K.Rool and Ridley aren't that different really. Both highly intelligent, threatening, leaders of potential murderers, have closer ties with the protagonist than most Nintendo villains (DK being kongnapped about what? 4 times DKL included?) and both are very popular characters in their own right outside of smash
pretty sure that connection has been made 100 times.

both lead pirates. "murderers" yes but you can be more specific making the ties deeper

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Historically speaking, when Sakurai and co. are picking characters due to fan demand, they're on the money.

-Sonic was added to Brawl as the most requested character.
-Mega Man was added to Smash 4 as the most requested character.
-Mewtwo was added as Smash DLC as the most requested character.

It's not like he's gonna belt out Vaati and say "presenting the most requested character from the Smash Ballot...!"
Bowser was also added in Melee as the most requested character but he was bound to be in anyway.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
How would you guys feel if Sakurai showed off a character reveal trailer that had K. Rool written all over it but then it revealed them to actually be Lord Fredrik? That'd have to be the biggest troll trailer since the Greninja one.
It would annoy me GREATLY. He's not only an expy and a one hit wonder, but a new character as well. Might as well put in the Black Jewel from Wario World too...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about post E3 possibly even before barring any leaks or details that emerge.

If they don't announce anything for DK at all then I guess we will be short on subjects. Atleast if Ryu is announced we will know if newcomer DLC gets cinamatic trailers or not.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I thought this orchestrated cover theme of Hideout Helm from DK64 would make a good alt. DK stage theme.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
StormC said:
Ridley has only been at a size comparable to a playable Smash fighter in the original Metroid and the Melee intro. While, yes, you can downsize him, the issue is one of relativity and proportion: Olimar and the Pikmin are at the same relative size to each other as they are in the Pikmin games proper, which is the key thing, as a character's "actual" size changes overall depending on the stage they are on. As far as proportions go, this is really the biggest issue with downsizing Ridley; he has huge wings, a long neck, a wide stance, a big head, and lanky proportions. His hitbox would be enormous if he had all of these kept even at Bowser's height.

I'd still love to see Ridley in Smash, but he would most likely need a complete redesign to be feasible as a fighter... or they would use his Other M design, which has proportions that can be downsized.
Why does everyone forget about Super Metroid? If they used Ridleys size it that game, he could be a good head taller than Samus and everyone else, without being too huge, and his skinny, gaunt frame wouldn't make him too wide either. Besides, Sakurai's excuse for Ridley not flying around is shaky at best too. You know who else should be able to fly around indefinitely based solely on their canon? How about:

• Palutena
  • Charizard
  • Pit (Okay, maybe he can only fly for five minutes, but the average Smash match takes less time than that.)
  • Metaknight
  • Kirby
  • Mewtwo
Since they don't fly permanently, why not just let Ridley fly similarly to Charizard, while making him a bit more floaty, giving him a more air based feel in playstyle during his aerials, jumping, and recovery?

***EDIT*** I got here a bit late, and didn't see that the Ridley talk had ended. Please ignore this comment, as it is not my intention to start something either. Please continue with the K. Rool discussion.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Why does everyone forget about Super Metroid? If they used Ridleys size it that game, he could be a good head taller than Samus and everyone else, without being too huge, and his skinny, gaunt frame wouldn't make him too wide either. Besides, Sakurai's excuse for Ridley not flying around is shaky at best too. You know who else should be able to fly around indefinitely based solely on their canon? How about:

• Palutena
  • Charizard
  • Pit (Okay, maybe he can only fly for five minutes, but the average Smash match takes less time than that.)
  • Metaknight
  • Kirby
  • Mewtwo
Since they don't fly permanently, why not just let Ridley fly similarly to Charizard, while making him a bit more floaty, giving him a more air based feel in playstyle during his aerials, jumping, and recovery?

***EDIT*** I got here a bit late, and didn't see that the Ridley talk had ended. Please ignore this comment, as it is not my intention to start something either. Please continue with the K. Rool discussion.
He should fly better than charizard if you want my opinion
Peach's crown got nothing on K. Rool's. (my attempt at keeping this place on topic)

It's great, but the eye is a bit too red for me.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I really wonder if K. Rool's helicopter pack recovery will be his ACTUAL up b. For some reason I can see Sakurai pulling a dee dee dee type of recovery for k rool. Just a big leap. Basically wondering if sakurai will implement K. Rool's original elements or just make him something brand new.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really wonder if K. Rool's helicopter pack recovery will be his ACTUAL up b. For some reason I can see Sakurai pulling a dee dee dee type of recovery for k rool. Just a big leap.
Dedede's leap is a move from his games, though, is the difference.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I really wonder if K. Rool's helicopter pack recovery will be his ACTUAL up b. For some reason I can see Sakurai pulling a dee dee dee type of recovery for k rool. Just a big leap. Basically wondering if sakurai will implement K. Rool's original elements or just make him something brand new.
Sakurai has done a good job with keeping true to a lot of characters, especially fan requested ones. Look at how he did Megaman! If K. Rools up B wasn't the Kopter, it'll probably be something equally awesome and nostalgic that we hadn't thought of.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Mega Man makes me think K. Rool will be fine. Even with his thorough homage to the 8 bit style, he's packing the Slash Claw from Mega Man 7 and the Flame Sword from Mega Man 8.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Dedede's leap is a move from his games, though, is the difference.
I totally figured it was. But it could be something semi-generic of a heavyweight character such as k rool doing some kind of big hop and stomp... idk.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Sakurai has done a good job with keeping true to a lot of characters, especially fan requested ones. Look at how he did Megaman! If K. Rools up B wasn't the Kopter, it'll probably something equally awesome and nostalgic that we hadn't thought of.
Sure, but...

Sakurai said:
“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,”
:4wario2: Hey Ganondorf, you heard-a that? He said "accurate portrayals."
:4ganondorf: Accurate portrayals? He he he hahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! My sides, they ache! Accurate portrayals my ass! My sword's been stuck in it for two games instead of being in my hand!
:4wario2: Ah yeah, where-a the hell is my shoulder bash? I don't have-a it! *sob* *sob* Give-a me vodka! I'm-a gonna binge!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Watch it as Sakurai pulls out some of the more obscure games for some major parts of the kit.

Like his Side B being a mixture of :4wario2:'s bike and :4villager:'s Lloyd Rocket from Barrel Blast.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Watch it as Sakurai pulls out some of the more obscure games for some major parts of the kit.

Like his Side B being a mixture of :4wario2:'s bike and :4villager:'s Lloyd Rocket from Barrel Blast.
I wouldn't mind this.

*Returns to the shadows of the Jeff thread, to be seen again another day*

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Sure, but...

:4wario2: Hey Ganondorf, you heard-a that? He said "accurate portrayals".
:4ganondorf: "Accurate portrayals? He he he hahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! My sides, they ache! Accurate portrayals my ***! My sword's been stuck in it for two games instead of being in my hand!"
:4wario2: "Ah yeah, where-a the hell is my shoulder bash? I don't have-a it! *sob* *sob* Give-a me vodka! I'm-a gonna binge!"
We can't forget manic depressed Luigi, perpetually frowning Mario, infanticide Rosalina, super sentai Captain Falcon, and Godzilla with a headcold Bowser.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Sure, but...

:4wario2: Hey Ganondorf, you heard-a that? He said "accurate portrayals".
:4ganondorf: "Accurate portrayals? He he he hahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! My sides, they ache! Accurate portrayals my ***! My sword's been stuck in it for two games instead of being in my hand!"
:4wario2: "Ah yeah, where-a the hell is my shoulder bash? I don't have-a it! *sob* *sob* Give-a me vodka! I'm-a gonna binge!"
:4ganondorf:Hey Link! Remember when I slowly ran to you before Falcon Punching in the face back in Hyrule?
:4link:
Hey ya! (You never did that! You tried to kill me with a sword and with magic balls!)
:4ganondorf:
Yes...The good old days! Like when Zelda made fire explosions!
:4zelda:
Are you all right Ganondorf?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
We can't forget manic depressed Luigi, perpetually frowning Mario, infanticide Rosalina, super sentai Captain Falcon, and Godzilla with a headcold Bowser.
:4falcon:still rides the Blue Falcon. 100% Accurate Portrayal.
And, in fact, F-Zero changed itself to better fit the Smash portrayal. Especially in the anime.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
:4ganondorf:Hey Link! Remember when I slowly ran to you before Falcon Punching in the face back in Hyrule?
:4link:
Hey ya! (You never did that! You tried to kill me with a sword and with magic balls!)
:4ganondorf:
Yes...The good old days! Like when Zelda made fire explosions!
Are you all right Ganondorf?
:4ganondorf:Of course, I'm fine. By the way, when did you learn to make fire explosions.
:4zelda:Hey Ganondorf, shut it. At least my moves are from our series.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
:4falcon:still rides the Blue Falcon. 100% Accurate Portrayal.
And, in fact, F-Zero changed itself to better fit the Smash portrayal. Especially in the anime.
I gotta admit, much as I love Smash Bros. Falcon, I like his cool, confident and collected F-Zero portrayal better.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
:4ganondorf:Of course, I'm fine. By the way, when did you learn to make fire explosions.
Hey Ganondorf, shut it. At least my moves are from our series.
:zeldamelee:Moves that came from MY game, not your game TP zelda. Get some new specials!
:linkmelee:Ha! (But I'm the one who actually used those moves in said game!)
:younglinkmelee:Yah! (So did I older self!)

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
:4mewtwo:: Why am I the second lightest fighter in this game? I'M 269 POUNDS ARCEUS DAMN IT!

:4rob:: I cannot shot beams or spinning around fast enough to hurt someone.

:4sonic:: Why do I have 2 versions of the same move?

:4gaw:: BEEP BEEP. (I was based on the Game and Watch game's yet I was never in any of them, I was made just for smash)

:4peach:: If I can kick Bower's ass then why the hell do I keep getting kidnapped? And why would I use toad has a shield? I love my people.

And the biggest mess up of all.

:4miisword: I don't know how to use a sword.

:4miigun: I don't own a arm cannon.

:4miibrawl: And sure has hell can't kick people with fire.

Accurate portrayals.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
:zeldamelee:Moves that came from MY game, not your game TP zelda. Get some new specials!
:linkmelee:Ha! (But I'm the one who actually used those moves in said game!)
:younglinkmelee:Yah! (So did I older self!)
:4littlemac:Hey guys, did you know that I could move my feet and RUN? This whole time, I had no idea! I'm not too bad either. For the fact I rarely do it, I actually run pretty fast.
:4mewtwo::4metaknight::4kirby::4charizard::4pit:Quit bragging! At least you gained an ability! We lost our flight powers!

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
:4mewtwo:: Why am I the second lightest fighter in this game? I'M 269 POUNDS ARCEUS DAMN IT!
:4peach:: If I can kick Bower's *** then why the hell do I keep getting kidnapped? And why would I use toad has a shield? I love my people.
To be fair, Mewtwo can probably make itself lighter with its psychic abilities so it isn't the slowest and heaviest character
And Peach loves her people, but her people loves her too, that's why Toad protects her
And Mario was kidnapped too, I don't see the problem

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassInDistress

Top Bottom