• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
:4pacman:Hey guys, remember the time when I used my enemies as weapons
:4fox:Or the time I stepped outside my arwing and set myself on fire and ran into every enemy?
:4falco:How about when we magically deflected a laser beam at a star wolf wing by having it surround our bodies?

:4larry:Or the time me and the rest of the Koopalings turned into Shadow Mario and Grafitti'd Delfino Plaza
:4bowserjr:That was my idea, papa told me so
:4larry:I know

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Little Mac isn't running. He's doing no actual forward movement in that sprite, but rather the sidewalk next to him is moving very fast. Must be some kind of futuristic conveyor belt, like in an airport. notice how his position doesn't change at all? Fun fact: The tires on that bike aren't moving either.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Little Mac isn't running. He's doing no actual movement in that sprite, but rather the sidewalk next to him is moving very fast.
His arms and legs are moving. :troll:

In real seriousness, it was just a joke.

Even though you did say "move my feet" which he is doing.

And I did see your original post before you edited it.

It's all good though and I see what you're getting at.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
:4littlemac:Remember when I outmuscled everyone rather than relying on a lot of small, weak hits? Good times.
I'm surprised people don't complain about that being out of character, that and him being a 17 year old from the Bronx, yet sounding like a fully grown Japanese man.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
His arms and legs are moving. :troll:

In real seriousness, it was just a joke.

Even though you did say "move my feet" which he is doing.

And I did see your original post before you edited it.

It's all good though and I see what you're getting at.
Worry not; I wasn't trying to cover my tracks. I just re-read and figured I could word my comment better. I did see that he was moving. It's all based on perspective. ;)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Remember the Bouncelisk lizard in tropical freeze in the fruit punch levels? it'd be neat if that became a plot twist to it being a new member in K. Rool's army. I know BKuppa666 mentioned long ago that he'd like to see Retro incorporate new reptilian animals for K. Rool minions besides crocodiles(aka the usual Kremlings) such as komodo dragons and hila monsters and maybe a false gharial kremling(now that'd be interesting to see) while still bringing back other classic foes such as gnawty's and zingers.
Bouncelisk.png

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
:4fox:Or the time I stepped outside my arwing and set myself on fire and ran into every enemy?
:4falco:How about when we magically deflected a laser beam at a star wolf wing by having it surround our bodies?

:4larry:Or the time me and the rest of the Koopalings turned into Shadow Mario and Grafitti'd Delfino Plaza
(For maximum effect play video 'mid-paragraph') ;)

King K Emoticon.png
All that matters NOW and until further notice is MY GLORIOUS RETURN as well as my intriguing addition to SMASH BROS !!! I will have my revenge and those Kongs will wish they were never born! This time, I'll steal EVERYTHING and EVERYONE they have ever known! BACK TO WORK Kutthroats! Muahahahahahahaha!!!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm surprised people don't complain about that being out of character, that and him being a 17 year old from the Bronx, yet sounding like a fully grown Japanese man.
Isaac, a 17 year old, was voiced by a woman in Brawl. 17 year old males don't have such high pitched voices, so Little Mac's voice is better in that regard

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
His new voice is infuriatingly bad. What was wrong with his Punch Out Wii one?
Nothing was wrong with it and that's the problem.

Seriously when you use his fully changed neutral B he sound'd like he's playing with his Nintendo Wii.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I do believe King K. Rool is on Sakurai's radar. I remember majority of lists in the past of top requested characters in Smash 4 (USA/Japan) looking like this.

Japan
Mewtwo - Confirmed as DLC in 50 Fact Video
Megaman - Confirmed in Megaman Video at E3
K.Rool - Trophy Representation
Palutena - Confirmed Palutena Video/ Palutena Leak
Shulk - Confirmed Shulk Video

U.S.A.
Little Mac - Confirmed in Little Mac Video
Ridley - Unconfirmed by Sakurai for whatever reason he felt necessary

I mean...I don't know about you guys, but the only character I see that has yet to be outright "Confirmed" or "Unconfirmed" is the King himself.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
The average 17 year old, sorry! Lyn's also 15/17 yet sounds like an old woman in Smash
No need to feel sorry, it's okay. :upsidedown:
I always felt like Little Mac's Punch Out!! Wii voice fits him very well. But his Smash voice is just unfitting, in my opinion.
Also, the sound he makes when he uses his natural special, "HUHARGH!!", is something I never imagined him doing.

When I first heard that Lyn is supposed to be that young, I felt the same way.
Because of her voice in Smash I thought she was in her later 20s... at least.

But when I think about Isaac's voice in Brawl... He really had a very high voice. A bit lower wouldn't have hurt.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I do believe King K. Rool is on Sakurai's radar. I remember majority of lists in the past of top requested characters in Smash 4 (USA/Japan) looking like this.

Japan

U.S.A.

I mean...I don't know about you guys, but the only character I see that has yet to be outright "Confirmed" or "Unconfirmed" is the King himself.
I wouldn't recommend relying on patterns. Doing so for this game blew up in a lot of people's faces. Best option we have is to just vote and spread awareness.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Japan

U.S.A.

YUP! That's what the lists looked like I remember too! Though I think K. Rool was actually higher than Mac.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I still think this is so cool and awesome.

I'd love to see Gankplank Galleon done like this. Do any Kutthroats think they can do this?

I'd love to have Gangplank Galleon as a stage in the game. Especially if Krow was a stage hazard!

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
If the Kremlings do come back with an ancient Greek/Roman theme they do have groundwork set up...

Kremlings have also been involved in a Mario styled Egyptian desert..

Sometime the themes just write themselves...

Also, why is it that Klaptrap's last (non ported) appearance was in the GCN era?!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If the Kremlings do come back with an ancient Greek/Roman theme they do have groundwork set up...

Kremlings have also been involved in a Mario styled Egyptian desert..

Sometime the themes just write themselves...

Also, why is it that Klaptrap's last (non ported) appearance was in the GCN era?!
Klap Trap's were in a Mario Party game?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
(For maximum effect play video 'mid-paragraph') ;)

View attachment 52952 All that matters NOW and until further notice is MY GLORIOUS RETURN as well as my intriguing addition to SMASH BROS !!! I will have my revenge and those Kongs will wish they were never born! This time, I'll steal EVERYTHING and EVERYONE they have ever known! BACK TO WORK Kutthroats! Muahahahahahahaha!!!

I read this with the cartoon voice, and it was purely delightful!

Look its K. Rool and the krew in the Mario Strikers style (hope they announce a new Strikers at E3)

This is me trying to get the thread back on topic.
If there is a Mario Strikers on the Wii u, I want the king as a Kaptain that look at least as kool as this one.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4littlemac:Hey guys, did you know that I could move my feet and RUN? This whole time, I had no idea! I'm not too bad either. For the fact I rarely do it, I actually run pretty fast.
:4mewtwo::4metaknight::4kirby::4charizard::4pit:Quit bragging! At least you gained an ability! We lost our flight powers!
Actually Pit can fly more consistently in this game than he can in Kid Icarus. He's unable to fly at all with just his wings, and while he can fly indefinitely for five minutes when the Power of Flight is activated, he can't freely stop and start when he chooses to engage it - if he tried doing in Kid Icarus what he does in Smash, his wings would burn up and he'd crash into the ground.

;3

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I would love to see a day when K. Rool is in Mario Party. I want his role to be like Bowser though where he's a boss on a DK themed board. I want to see K. Rool in more crossover titles.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Klap Trap's were in a Mario Party game?
Yeah Mario Party 7 I think (it was around the time that I stopped buying the MP games [that series can teach the NSMB series lessons in stale]). The board was called Pyramid Park, and it was one of those in board minigames after you step on a green space. They don't call them "Klaptraps", but "alligators" but it's the same model from Mario Power Tennis...so it is a Klaptrap.

Another thing we must mention about Kremlings... Is it just me or are they the only enemy antagonists Donkey Kong has had who actually use barrels? The Tiki Tak Tribe were MADE OUT OF WOOD and didn't use barrels in their arsenal...

The Kremlings use the item that made Donkey Kong famous in the first place; whether it be shot as a projectile from a Bazuka, or even used as armor

Even K. Rool has some barrel action going on

So, when the Kremlings are eventually brought back, I want the assortment of barrels to come back as well. The Retro games reference the original arcade games so much, yet barrels are a rarity. TNT barrels, Steel Kegs, they all need to come back too.. Maybe that's what Kremkroc Industries produced?

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
The kremlings had SO Much more personality and character than the tikis and snowmads combined. Maybe the lack of barrels basically anywhere was one of my greater issues with DKCR & TF

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

:4drmario::4duckhunt::4rob::4villager::4sheik::4wiifit: "What about those times we've been involved in physical combat?" (Hyrule Warriors is non-canon, so it doesn't count in Sheik's case.)

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Mario Party 7 I think (it was around the time that I stopped buying the MP games [that series can teach the NSMB series lessons in stale]). The board was called Pyramid Park, and it was one of those in board minigames after you step on a green space. They don't call them "Klaptraps", but "alligators" but it's the same model from Mario Power Tennis...so it is a Klaptrap.

Another thing we must mention about Kremlings... Is it just me or are they the only enemy antagonists Donkey Kong has had who actually use barrels? The Tiki Tak Tribe were MADE OUT OF WOOD and didn't use barrels in their arsenal...

The Kremlings use the item that made Donkey Kong famous in the first place; whether it be shot as a projectile from a Bazuka, or even used as armor

Even K. Rool has some barrel action going on

So, when the Kremlings are eventually brought back, I want the assortment of barrels to come back as well. The Retro games reference the original arcade games so much, yet barrels are a rarity. TNT barrels, Steel Kegs, they all need to come back too.. Maybe that's what Kremkroc Industries produced?
I agree. I reallly miss the barrels. The really added in some unique gameplay elements.

Like the Ghost Barrels, or the Barrels that steal bananas or even lives!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I really wonder if K. Rool's helicopter pack recovery will be his ACTUAL up b. For some reason I can see Sakurai pulling a dee dee dee type of recovery for k rool. Just a big leap. Basically wondering if sakurai will implement K. Rool's original elements or just make him something brand new.
he can use like a barrel to shoot him right back up. Something a little similar to diddy but its not a jet pack

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I stop playin' Smash. Im probably gonna sell it, I realized how much I don't deserve it. I used to play well...back in Meele the fight against Giga Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo was nothing to me. Everyone I fought against lost. But now....I can't even beat the Enemy AI on lv 8 and all of my friends beat me all the time. Maybe it's time to stop playing it....I wish everyone of you a good time and a wonderful future

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
As a 17 year old male with a high voice.... ouch.
Guys, I stop playin' Smash. Im probably gonna sell it, I realized how much I don't deserve it. I used to play well...back in Meele the fight against Giga Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo was nothing to me. Everyone I fought against lost. But now....I can't even beat the Enemy AI on lv 8 and all of my friends beat me all the time. Maybe it's time to stop playing it....I wish everyone of you a good time and a wonderful future
How often do you play now?

D

Deleted member

So King K Rool supporters what do you all think of a team up with the bandana waddle dee supporters? think about it for a second if we team up together are chance of having both of the characters we want in smash 4 would be even higher! we scratch your back (by voting for King K Rool for smash 4) and you scratch are back(by voting for Bandana waddle dee in smash 4) so are you interested on this team up?

That sounds lesss like "I dont deserve it"
and more "I should practice" :p anyone can git gud if they practice correctly.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So King K Rool supporters what do you all think of a team up with the bandana waddle dee supporters? think about it for a second if we team up together are chance of having both of the characters we want in smash 4 would be even higher! we scratch your back (by voting for King K Rool for smash 4) and you scratch are back(by voting for Bandana waddle dee in smash 4) so are you interested on this team up?
Nah. Most people want K. Rool and Isaac so it would make more sense if the two top ones teamed up.

Top Bottom