• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
As far as balancing goes, I would just make K. Rool's physical attacks on the weaker side if he's a fast heavyweight.

K. Rool never relies purely on brute force in his boss fights, he always uses his tools and environment to his advantage.
So, a fast, flexible heavy weight, with slow/mid speed projectiles mostly, and weaker physical attacks? Sounds good to me! (Now lets just hope Sakurai shares the same sentiments.)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
As long as K. Rools krown throw is fast, or atleast as quick as Links boomerang and I'll be set. Oh the zoning opertunities......

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
As long as K. Rools krown throw is fast, or atleast as quick as Links boomerang and I'll be set. Oh the zoning opertunities......
It should be fast like the boomerang, with the vertical knock back of ZSS plasma whip, Or is that asking too much? BTW, in a perfect world, the krown should be his side b imo.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Should K. Rool use his scepter as a smash attack? Bat at someone like Ness or Lucas, only a lot harder?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It should be fast like the boomerang, with the vertical knock back of ZSS plasma whip, Or is that asking too much? BTW, in a perfect world, the krown should be his side b imo.
I agree it's more comfortable to me anyway for it to be side B.

Should K. Rool use his scepter as a smash attack? Bat at someone like Ness or Lucas, only a lot harder?
That would be interesting, if they grab moves from the more recent game appearances of the King I could see that being a potential Smash attack

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
It's certainly applicable, but this is a forward smash, a characters go-to attack to end the stock of some miserable fool. Would you really want K. Rool's forward smash, his coup de grace, to come from a spinoff sports game? The pharaoh motif is his least memorable one, and I would argue that K. Rool's forward smash should be derived from something more central to the character. I'm personally against him utilizing weapons in his standards, I think he should use his most common method of inflicting pain, his strength. Give him some sort of brutal melee attack, be it a overhead smash, chomp attack, belly smack, but I would personally prefer some kind of full body charge.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why the hell they didn't use this incaration of K.Rool outside of a ****ing BASEBALL GAME still makes me :facepalm:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Why the hell they didn't use this incaration of K.Rool outside of a ****ing BASEBALL GAME still makes me :facepalm:
It's kinda cool too that his outfit is more relevant to the DK series than people realize, because of Angry Aztec. Remember all the Aztec themed ruins in DKC1? His outfit is Aztec themed so is the field in the game lol

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i beat Donkey Kong Country today. All of my support for K.Rool had previously come from my experience with DK64. But after fighting him in DKC, oh man. The crown boomerang, a staple in movesets on here, wasn't tough to dodge, but it was him looking into the camera that got me. What a dork. That look just says, "I goofed." And that cannonball attack? That was harder to dodge than the little hops he takes after the kredits. AND THE KREDITS THEMSELVES. So silly. He has my support even more now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So i beat Donkey Kong Country today. All of my support for K.Rool had previously come from my experience with DK64. But after fighting him in DKC, oh man. The crown boomerang, a staple in movesets on here, wasn't tough to dodge, but it was him looking into the camera that got me. What a dork. That look just says, "I goofed." And that cannonball attack? That was harder to dodge than the little hops he takes after the kredits. AND THE KREDITS THEMSELVES. So silly. He has my support even more now.
Next step:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
@ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong inspired me today when he was saying it's a shame they never used the Sluggers K. Rool alter ego in a game. So while I was in my break I threw together a rough sketch of K. Rool based on his Aztec design from sluggers and how I'd imagine he'd look in a DKC game. Koatl K. Rool lol I really just added a feathered headdress to his design.

image.jpg

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think he should use his most common method of inflicting pain, his strength.
But... that's not his most common method.

In DKC1 he throws his crown at you and summons cannonballs from the sky.
In DKC2 he shoots projectiles and pistol whips you with his blunderbuss (my personal choice for his forward smash).
In DKC3 he tries to electrocute you and shoots cannonballs from the background.

Only in DK64 does he become a particularly physical fighter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, sorry @ Wintropy Wintropy , but K. Rool is more of a projectile and trap fighter than a physical fighter. K. Rool is all about trickery and deceit even outside of his boss battles. He is strong, yes, but that's not his "most common" method of inflicting pain.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, sorry @ Wintropy Wintropy , but K. Rool is more of a projectile and trap fighter than a physical fighter. K. Rool is all about trickery and deceit even outside of his boss battles. He is strong, yes, but that's not his "most common" method of inflicting pain.
That was @ Welshy91 Welshy91 , not me.

:3

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
But... that's not his most common method.

In DKC1 he throws his crown at you and summons cannonballs from the sky.
In DKC2 he shoots projectiles and pistol whips you with his blunderbuss (my personal choice for his forward smash).
In DKC3 he tries to electrocute you and shoots cannonballs from the background.

Only in DK64 does he become a particularly physical fighter.
Well, you could argue that his charges in between his crown throws to bowl you over is technically using his strength. I still agree with you though that he doesn't normally use sheer strength to inflict pain.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
but that's not his "most common" method of inflicting pain.
I still agree with you though that he doesn't normally use sheer strength to inflict pain.
You know, this talk of K. Rool's common methods just reminds me that all of K. Rool's guises, at least in the DKC trilogy, poked fun at video game villain/final boss tropes. I wonder if any new things in that vein might sneak into a Smash moveset, given this? :p

D

Deleted member

You know guys I been thinking all this talk about King K Rool moveset did we ever think that maybe sakurai will pull a Bower jr on us? what I mean is before smash 4 what was the one thing BJr supporters talk about for BJr moveset? his paintbrush and his final smash being clown car jr instead we got bowser jr moveset be all clown car jr nobody seen that one coming I'm just saying I see that happening to K Rool if he make it into smash 4 for DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I got a cool thing they can do with his crown throw. it'll be like a boomerang but If you press the b button quick, he'll throw is crown but there won't be as much distance. so it be a shorter throw. but.. IF you hold the b button for a longer period of time the further the crown will go. It can be like those charged up moves that the longer you hold b the stronger it will get or go farther

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What I hate about e3 the most is waiti
You know guys I been thinking all this talk about King K Rool moveset did we ever think that maybe sakurai will pull a Bower jr on us? what I mean is before smash 4 what was the one thing BJ supporters talk about for BJ moveset? his paintbrush and his final smash being clown car jr instead we got bowser jr moveset be all clown car jr nobody seen that one coming I'm just saying I see that happening to K Rool if he make it into smash 4 for DLC.
I hope they don't swallow that. :troll:

Seriously though, I think K. Rool should be ok, I mean, at least Bowser Jr.'s moveset is canon to the current Mario games. With K. Rool though, I'm expecting at least his blunderbuss and crown toss since those seem to be the most iconic moves about him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For an alt costume for Smash, what if K. Rool just borrowed Sir Frederiks Nordic outfit? His fur pants, shoulder things, wrist bracelets, horned helmet, and the like.
I still see 'ViKing' K. Rool as a gigantic missed opportunity. The name rolls off the tongue so well it's not even funny.

You know guys I been thinking all this talk about King K Rool moveset did we ever think that maybe sakurai will pull a Bower jr on us? what I mean is before smash 4 what was the one thing BJ supporters talk about for BJ moveset? his paintbrush and his final smash being clown car jr instead we got bowser jr moveset be all clown car jr nobody seen that one coming I'm just saying I see that happening to K Rool if he make it into smash 4 for DLC.
I suggest not using that abbreviation if you want your post to be taken seriously. :p

Anyway, it's possible to see a couple of moves taken from him - particularly the cannonball, but the not much besides that. K. Rool obviously won't have that Clown Kart Dash, or Mechakoopas (I know people have suggested Klap Traps are replacements, but I don't think that's likely).

EDIT: I misunderstood. I don't see how differently Sakurai would interpret him - most of his moves come quite naturally. Krown Toss as B, Blunderbuss as Side B, and Helicopter Pack as Up B.

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still see 'ViKing' K. Rool as a gigantic missed opportunity. The name rolls off the tongue so well it's not even funny.

But Lord frederick sound even better right guys!..............guys?..........nice weather today huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys how cool would it be if we had a komodo dragon type enemy as part of the Kremling Krew?

One of my original characters i created is based, not of directly on a komodo dragon, but on a giant lizard with tree tails that looks a bit like one.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

One of my original characters i created is based, not of directly on a komodo dragon, but on a giant lizard with tree tails that looks a bit like one.
A lizard-like creature using fire? Where have I heard of that? :4charizard:
It's a kool kharacter and koncept though.

Top Bottom