• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Say guys in you're honest opinion do you think Retro studios is the new rareware?

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Someone on Twitter just said that K. Rool is boring. CLEARLY they have never played a Donkey Kong Country game ever and if so, are just jealous by the amount of rightful attention he's been getting latley from fans.
Who cares? Some people also say that KKR will be to much like Bowser. And just because their both reptilian villains.

D

Deleted member

Who cares? Some people also say that KKR will be to much like Bowser. And just because their both reptilian villains.
My god the smash bros fanbase are the biggest two faced idiots ever! I mean they make such dumbass excuse why a character shouldn't be in any smash game "herp durp bandana waddle dee can't be in smash 4 because he is nothing more then a goomba" herp derp shantae can't be in smash 4 because she is not a nintendo character herp derp" or my favourite "captain rainbow can't be in smash 4 becase he is too obscure herp derp(game and watch,R.O.B and wii fit traneir ring any bells!?!)" it like they are trying NOT to have any new characters in future smash games SMFH - __ -

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My god the smash bros fanbase are the biggest two faced idiots ever! I mean they make such ******* excuse why a character shouldn't be in any smash game "herp durp bandana waddle dee can't be in smash 4 because he is nothing more then a goomba" herp derp shantae can't be in smash 4 because she is not a nintendo character herp derp" or my favourite "captain rainbow can't be in smash 4 becase he is too obscure herp derp(game and watch,R.O.B and wii fit traneir ring any bells!?!)" it like they are trying NOT to have any new characters in future smash games SMFH - __ -
WFT isn't obscure. Wii fit sells stupidly well, look up the sales

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, I suppose she's better than Villager or Dark Pit. But I guess Sakurai could add the dump he took last night onto the ssb roster and even make that seem not too obscure.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well, I suppose she's better than Villager or Dark Pit. But I guess Sakurai could add the dump he took last night onto the ssb roster and even make that seem not too obscure.
The fact that Sakurai is capable of making move sets for Wii Fit trainer and Villager is a testament to his intelligence as a game designer. Plus Villager and WFT while I don't particularly care for either of their games should have a place in Smash because their franchises are important to Nintendos history. The fact that they are there though makes it even harder for Sakurai to come up with an excuse to not add K. Rool. If he can make those two work he can easily make K. Rool work too. Dark Pit while I understand he is a clone and didn't "take anything away" from other characters showing up in the game because he was made on extra time to fill out the roster, dosnt mean I like his inclusion he should have been a pallet swap end of story. The differences between him and regular Pit are laughably stupid to be considered his own character.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The fact that Sakurai is capable of making move sets for Wii Fit trainer and Villager is a testament to his intelligence as a game designer. Plus Villager and WFT while I don't particularly care for either of their games should have a place in Smash because their franchises are important to Nintendos history. The fact that they are there though makes it even harder for Sakurai to come up with an excuse to not add K. Rool. If he can make those two work he can easily make K. Rool work too. Dark Pit while I understand he is a clone and didn't "take anything away" from other characters showing up in the game because he was made on extra time to fill out the roster, dosnt mean I like his inclusion he should have been a pallet swap end of story. The differences between him and regular Pit are laughably stupid to be considered his own character.
I'd say DHD is a better testament to Sakurai's ability at making movesets. A character that would only laugh at you or get mad at you if you shot him whilst WFT and Villager do plenty in their own games to make a moveset from.

At least Dark Pit has more differences than Lucina.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'd say DHD is a better testament to Sakurai's ability at making movesets. A character that would only laugh at you or get mad at you if you shot him whilst WFT and Villager do plenty in their own games to make a moveset from.

At least Dark Pit has more differences than Lucina.
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I don't have very positive opinions of DP or Lucina being their own thing but I don't want to start bashing on characters here too much.

Either way it makes me expect to see a good moveset for K. Rool if he gets into Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I don't have very positive opinions of DP or Lucina being their own thing but I don't want to start bashing on characters here too much.

Either way it makes me expect to see a good moveset for K. Rool if he gets into Smash.
I'm all right with it provided they get Luigified in SSB5. Being relegated to costumes wouldn't do it for me. Once you're playable you might as well remain playable unless there's technical difficulties (Ice Climbers) or third party shenanigans (Snake) which could get resolved with the next entry.
Dark Pit using other weapon types from Uprising and Lucina using Lances, her butterfly shield and skills alongside her Falchion for example. Plus the critical cut-in from Awakening for her Final Smash.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
WFT was fairly obscure prior to Smash. Yeah Wii Fit sold a bunch, but mostly to middle-aged women and casuals who don't play Smash. Plus she was not touted as an especially important character, if anyone it was usually the Miis, but it was mostly the balance board that got the attention.

The demo for Wii Fit doesn't really care about characters, they care about the experience.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So can I be the first to comment on how absurd I think that Shantae article on the homepage is? Someone showed SO MUCH shameless bias and little to no evidence to support the title of "Shantae smash teaser?" Disclaimer: NOT hating, Shantae in ways seems like an intersting character * no where close to K. Rool * cough cough. But aside from that the article is ridiculous lol

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not that it's highly relevant to K. Rool, but WFT was certainly an obscure character before Smash. Just because people have laid eyes on her doesn't make them obsessive fans of the character, or else we could say any random extra in a blockbuster film is "an iconic character in cinema."

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
My god the smash bros fanbase are the biggest two faced idiots ever! I mean they make such ******* excuse why a character shouldn't be in any smash game "herp durp bandana waddle dee can't be in smash 4 because he is nothing more then a goomba" herp derp shantae can't be in smash 4 because she is not a nintendo character herp derp" or my favourite "captain rainbow can't be in smash 4 becase he is too obscure herp derp(game and watch,R.O.B and wii fit traneir ring any bells!?!)" it like they are trying NOT to have any new characters in future smash games SMFH - __ -
ROB was a pack in with ninetndo's second best selling console of all time and game and watch represents a whole generation of nintendo handhelds, they aren't too obscure.

StormC

Smash Hero
If you really want an obscure character, it's Ice Climbers.

G&W, Pit, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt all come from famous games or hardware. Nobody but Sakurai remembered Ice Climber.

Last edited:

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet

Professor Barabas and his friends are voting for the king too.
(from Bob et Bobette)

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Say guys in you're honest opinion do you think Retro studios is the new rareware?
Yes in terms of being a great second party dev that handles nintendo's properties as well as nintendo itself does and in terms of giving a fresh perspective on a old franchise.(DKC on rare's part. Metroid Prime on Retro's part).

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Another proof of Sakurai weird logic:
Made Lucina her own character because she hadn't the same proportion then Marth
Made the koopalings alt when some doesn't have Bowser Jr proportion at all (I'm looking at you steroid Lemmy)

I don't hate the any of those characters, it was only to show the illogic mind of this genius named Sakurai.
an update on my progress.
only 100 more pages to go with 98 new kutthroats so far.

well back to the pages i go.

Keep the good work bro (or girl)

Professor Barabas and his friends are voting for the king too.
(from Bob et Bobette)
Fun fact, bobette in french (or maybe just french canadian) mean underwear.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
So can I be the first to comment on how absurd I think that Shantae article on the homepage is? Someone showed SO MUCH shameless bias and little to no evidence to support the title of "Shantae smash teaser?"
Looks like I'm not the only Shantae fan around...

Disclaimer: NOT hating, Shantae in ways seems like an intersting character
You bet your ass she is. Plus, she would fit Smash so well it's crazy.

* no where close to K. Rool * cough cough.
In terms of popularity, no potential DLC character is anywhere close to K. Rool anyway.

But aside from that the article is ridiculous lol
Hopeful is more like it.

Troykv

Smash Master
Another proof of Sakurai weird logic:
Made Lucina her own character because she hadn't the same proportion then Marth
Made the koopalings alt when some doesn't have Bowser Jr proportion at all (I'm looking at you steroid Lemmy)

I don't hate the any of those characters, it was only to show the illogic mind of this genius named Sakurai.

Keep the good work bro (or girl)
I too find really weird the proportions in some Koopalings (Maybe just give some super special to Bowser Jr... Also: You have every Koopaling or nobody)

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I too find really weird the proportions in some Koopalings (Maybe just give some super special to Bowser Jr... Also: You have every Koopaling or nobody)
What? No! It's obvious that everyone would be happy with only Morton playable out of the 7 koopalings

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm not the only Shantae fan around...

You bet your *** she is. Plus, she would fit Smash so well it's crazy.

In terms of popularity, no potential DLC character is anywhere close to K. Rool anyway.

Hopeful is more like it.
Ridiculous in HOW hopeful it is and the fact it was on the front page lol. Regardless un-k.rool related but was smash ballot related,.... which is k rool related. Gotta keep an eye on our competition :201i:

D

Deleted member

speaking of the koopalings does anyone want to listen to my number 1 favourite koopalings voice Morton koopa jr?

doesn't Morton has a voice of an angel? ;3

Top Bottom