• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
ohhh there are plenty of k rool fans who are dixie haters. maybe not here but they exist. ive heard "diddy in drag" enough times to know that.

attacking people for characters or generally being a hater is bad. im hypocritical and do it sometimes but never poop on fans of characters.
And there are plenty of Dixie fans who call K. Rool "fat", "ugly", and "irrelevant". They're entitled to their opinions, but generalizing an entire fanbase is always a bad idea. Dislike whoever you want, but leave the fans out of it. It's a simple compromise, really.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Hey all! I've been going around the internet looking at various polls. Looks like King K.Rool (first-party) and Rayman (third-party) have been topping them all! :D There's no way that Nintendo is ignoring these guys for SHOVEL KNIGHT. That guy was full of bs.

(Of course, these are just unofficial polls, visited by TRUE Smashers. The ballot itself probably has WAY more kids and casuals that don't know a thing about video game history...)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey all! I've been going around the internet looking at various polls. Looks like King K.Rool (first-party) and Rayman (third-party) have been topping them all! :D There's no way that Nintendo is ignoring these guys for SHOVEL KNIGHT. That guy was full of bs.

(Of course, these are just unofficial polls, visited by TRUE Smashers. The ballot itself probably has WAY more kids and casuals that don't know a thing about video game history...)
Well, King K. Rool is obviously number one. Japan and America both want him in. I don't think Sakurai can ignore him this time. Just because Japan didn't make him Sakurai, doesn't mean he's bad. Well he is bad but a different bad.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I've basically reached a point where I'm of a very open mentality. Pretty much anyone that gets in, I'd be okay with. Ryu? I don't know a thing about Street Fighter, but he's cool. Shantae? Never played the game, probably wouldn't buy her. Roy? Liked him in Melee, sure why not. Dixie? Hey, the more of my favorite Nintendo franchise that gets in the better. Inkling? Depends on how Splatoon turns out. Only characters I would get legitimately excited for are K. Rool and Shovel Knight. (Please don't bring up SK's chances, I know already.) In other words, you really shouldn't hate a character or its fanbase because they got their way before you get yours. If you dislike the character that's fine, but don't vocalize it in front of the character's fans. That's just asking to be disliked.

And now, my K. Rool-related statement for this post. Why do I get the feeling that I'd be the only one playing as Baron K. Roolenstein in a sea of Kaptains if he got in with his various costumes intact? :p

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
You know, since so many of the K. Rool complaints are about how "he's fat and ugly," that song would actually work perfectly.
An alternate song could be "Sexyback". They both got good beats to them.

I was joking about that during my construction but if we're going that route (the only route I remind you) it's certainly an option.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I've basically reached a point where I'm of a very open mentality. Pretty much anyone that gets in, I'd be okay with. Ryu? I don't know a thing about Street Fighter, but he's cool. Shantae? Never played the game, probably wouldn't buy her. Roy? Liked him in Melee, sure why not. Dixie? Hey, the more of my favorite Nintendo franchise that gets in the better. Inkling? Depends on how Splatoon turns out. Only characters I would get legitimately excited for are K. Rool and Shovel Knight. (Please don't bring up SK's chances, I know already.) In other words, you really shouldn't hate a character or its fanbase because they got their way before you get yours. If you dislike the character that's fine, but don't vocalize it in front of the character's fans. That's just asking to be disliked.

And now, my K. Rool-related statement for this post. Why do I get the feeling that I'd be the only one playing as Baron K. Roolenstein in a sea of Kaptains if he got in with his various costumes intact? :p
I'd gladly play Baron with you lol. I love every single King K persona!!! Kowboy King K. would be the most amazing thing to happen in the next DK game lol. Like sheriff of the Kremlings or something like that.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice

I know what you mean, I've been the same way for a while now. And for Shovel Knight? Don't worry. Give him some time, a couple new games, and more Nintendo-exclusive content, and he'll be there someday.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd gladly play Baron with you lol. I love every single King K persona!!! Kowboy King K. would be the most amazing thing to happen in the next DK game lol. Like sheriff of the Kremlings or something like that.
After that, we could have a Klown K. Rool and have the Kremlings be circus based. Then we could finally put that Pharaoh K. Rool to good use.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
You know what's interesting. I find it relieving when I see random hatred get hurled towards K. Rool's way (lemme finish). I say that because it kind of shows that K. Rool is a character that people, whether they like him or not, acknowledge he's pretty much one of the front runners for dlc and is considered stiff competition among the other popular choices. You know how on the interwebs that it's always cool to hate on anything popular? To me, the very sudden hate bandwagon just tells me that people are concerned that K. Rool now has a decent shot at making it in. I don't mean to say that in a "my character has a better shot then yours" attitude, but it's kind of telling when people throw insults like "He's too ugly" or "Bowser clone" in an attempt to weaken his appeal. I would be worried about the hate if the support wasn't there and if he wasn't even close to winning any hypothetical poll but...look where we are now. Now when ever I see hate and especially followed up by a weak insult or faulty logic as to why he can't be in, all I can do is laugh.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
You know what's interesting. I find it relieving when I see random hatred get hurled towards K. Rool's way (lemme finish). I say that because it kind of shows that K. Rool is a character that people, whether they like him or not, acknowledge he's pretty much one of the front runners for dlc and is considered stiff competition among the other popular choices. You know how on the interwebs that it's always cool to hate on anything popular? To me, the very sudden hate bandwagon just tells me that people are concerned that K. Rool now has a decent shot at making it in. I don't mean to say that in a "my character has a better shot then yours" attitude, but it's kind of telling when people throw insults like "He's too ugly" or "Bowser clone" in an attempt to weaken his appeal. I would be worried about the hate if the support wasn't there and if he wasn't even close to winning any hypothetical poll but...look where we are now. Now when ever I see hate and especially followed up by a weak insult or faulty logic as to why he can't be in, all I can do is laugh.
You should see the K.Rool haters on f###ing 4CHAN.

Yep, he's koming, guys.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To be fair, /v/ riffs on everything. That's their style.

But they love Wonder Red and therefore have excellent taste. When they like something, they do it right.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
*Kommence Klapping*

So yeah, I threw a vote or two in for the King. I've already voted 4 times for Quote and God knows how many for Geno, so I should send my regard to a good character with an actual decent chance.

That, and the DKC cartoon pretty much sits on a throne constructed by all of my other guilty pleasures, even topping Five Nights at Freddy's and the Chaotix- World's Greatest Detectives fanfiction.

What can I say? I freakin' love "One of us" and that amazingly narm filled and downright beautiful DK voice.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
*Kommence Klapping*

So yeah, I threw a vote or two in for the King. I've already voted 4 times for Quote and God knows how many for Geno, so I should send my regard to a good character with an actual decent chance.

That, and the DKC cartoon pretty much sits on a throne constructed by all of my other guilty pleasures, even topping Five Nights at Freddy's and the Chaotix- World's Greatest Detectives fanfiction.

What can I say? I freakin' love "One of us" and that amazingly narm filled and downright beautiful DK voice.
"I'm a metal head, a metal head, a metal head, a metal head..."

StormC

Smash Hero
I dunno. While it's certainly telling of how popular K. Rool is that people have begun to act defeatist to his inclusion, you didn't see this kind of negativity surrounding Mega Man in the pre-E3 2013 days.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I dunno. While it's certainly telling of how popular K. Rool is that people have begun to act defeatist to his inclusion, you didn't see this kind of negativity surrounding Mega Man in the pre-E3 2013 days.
Everybody loves them some Mega Man, boyee.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
At least his appearance Smash would put to rest "when's kay-rool bay-bee?"

It would also be a huge boon for other characters who suffer from the "muh relevance" argument. We can dream.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm sure many of you guys remember these custom made stages I posted long ago, well just letting you all know that if you own the ssbwii u version of the game and are interested in playing on them that you can now do so by downloading them from the shared stages link on the online menu. I'm sure this Gangplank Galleon will keep the rest of you kutthroats occupied until (and hopefully) an official quality one gets announced along with K. Rool.

Gangplank Galleon (Custom made version)
gangplank galleon custom stage.jpg

DK Floating Isles (Made this one up on my own)

floating isles.jpg

If you have a Miiverse account, my username is Tyler-Rex in case you want to find me and them quicker.

Last edited:
I'm sure many of you guys remember these custom made stages I posted long ago, well just letting you all know that if you own the ssbwii u version of the game and are interested in playing on them that you can now do so by downloading them from the shared stages link on the online menu. I'm sure this Gangplank Galleon will keep the rest of you kutthroats occupied until (and hopefully) an official quality one gets announced along with K. Rool.

Gangplank Galleon (Custom made version)
View attachment 50589
DK Floating Isles (Made this one up on my own)

View attachment 50590

If you have a Miiverse account, my username is Tyler-Rex in case you want to find me and them quicker.
you got King k.rool's approval of these stages.

you should also upload your kremling/kutlass mii fighters aswell....i like them.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Here's a fun question, hopefully if the King gets in he will have his own unique moveset but let's be honest Sakurai does love to use semi clones/clones here and there. So let's say K. Rool gets the semi clone treatment.

What character would you rather see him be a clone/semi-clone of if it came to that?

My personal choice would be Bowser Jr. He's got the cannon balls and the mecha Koopas could be converted to clap traps. The charge foreward with wheels could be his barrel from barrel blast and his up B could be him firing out of a barrel.

Not what I'd want to see but better than no King if it came to that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
you got King k.rool's approval of these stages.

you should also upload your kremling/kutlass mii fighters aswell....i like them.
What with the huge blue space?

Here's a fun question, hopefully if the King gets in he will have his own unique moveset but let's be honest Sakurai does love to use semi clones/clones here and there. So let's say K. Rool gets the semi clone treatment.

What character would you rather see him be a clone/semi-clone of if it came to that?

My personal choice would be Bowser Jr. He's got the cannon balls and the mecha Koopas could be converted to clap traps. The charge foreward with wheels could be his barrel from barrel blast and his up B could be him firing out of a barrel.

Bowser's default animations and Bowser Jr's special ones.

:231:

D

Deleted member

I was thinking, once the GIF is done, we could upload it to YouTube in videos where K. Rool just strolls to the beat of troll-y songs. Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use?
Maybe final boss theme of DKC or a cover of it?
Here is my dream roster. This could very well be a possible outcome. I tried to keep them in line with what they have done so far, but I moved the clones, confirmed DLC, and *possible* DLC in with their respective franchises. All this would add is 4 boxes on the left/right side of the character select screen . For 6 DLC characters, that is pretty good. This is assuming we get one character off of the Smash Ballot AND that character is King K..lol. Not sure why, but I can't see them adding even more characters due to Sakurai already at wits end. The DLC characters have yellow boxes.

View attachment 50501

Edit: The only franchise I had to actually relocate was Kid Icarus due to Fire Emblem getting bigger, assuming we get Roy as well. Honorable mentions for 4 more spaces on the select screen would be Ridley, Isaac, Banjo, Dixie, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Inkling, Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids, and Bandana Dee.
I would be satisfied with this roster even if these were the only six DLC characters we get.
You get bad apples in every bushel. With K. Rool, however, I think the sentiment mostly comes from the people who were all too happy to scream from the mountaintops how "Dixie and Chorus Kids were shoo-ins for the main roster, they're still shoo-ins for DLC, K. Rool is dead and forgotten, I'm so awesome and logical, so listen up everyone!" Basically, the people who puff out their chests, assert their opinion as fact so, if they're right, they get to rub it in everyone's faces and, if they're wrong, no one will care to hold them accountable. (AKA why people get so burnt out on speculating)

When your message is kind of crapped upon by every single exit poll that's being taken, lashing out becomes easy, be it at K. Rool fans or at the ballot itself as illegitimate.
I think many of these people saying that sort of crap don't realize that Sakurai's bias is a thing and no existing franchise has gotten it worse than DK. Otherwise we would have gotten at least one of King K. Rool or Dixie Kong by now. This could be our last chance to get a third DK character and if we somehow don't get one now, we may never get one. Dixie Kong will only get in if she is pre-planned and that's assuming the five Marios are all pre-planned and none are reserved for a ballot character. King K. Rool is actually a character that could get in through the ballot simply because of how highly wanted he is.
Honestly you have a point here. Mega Man never had a large group of haters that went around attacking him; it's just that a lot of people were pessimistic about his odds a couple of years prior to his confirmation (especially in the first half of 2013). Previously King K. Rool didn't have a lot of these detractors but now that he is seen as likely to most people and that Ridley isn't in anymore, he is becoming a target of many detractors with weak and faulty logics all around. Also I still don't think he's as high up as Mega Man was prior to his confirmation although I do think that should he appear in a DKC3/3D DK game at E3, his support will shoot up above that of Mega Man because the one seemingly credible argument against his inclusion would be squashed for good and practically everyone will expect him.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Dedede would also work but not very well. Side B is the Bouncy Cannonballs, Neutral B is the Blunderbuss Suction, Up B is K Rool Jump like in DKC1 and Down B could be something, dunno. He could use his blunderbuss for all of the hammer moves as well. This would be terrible but it's something.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Ah, Donkey Kong...

Certainly missed out on getting a new rep particularly with a very successful revival of the series. But unfortunately the Kremlings haven't been a part of it... yet.

So what I'm hoping for is that we get one last DKCR game to cap off this trilogy by Retro. They should collaborate with Playtonic Games so that they have (most of) the original developers working with them, and as extra symbolism, they have the Kremlings make their grand return.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
And there are plenty of Dixie fans who call K. Rool "fat", "ugly", and "irrelevant". They're entitled to their opinions, but generalizing an entire fanbase is always a bad idea. Dislike whoever you want, but leave the fans out of it. It's a simple compromise, really.
"irrelevant": subjective characteristic. Whatever.
"fat", "ugly": part of K. Rool's charm.
#K. Rool for Smash.

I'd argue Wario Land got it worst.
Add Thief to that list.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'd argue Wario Land got it worst.
But at least Wario land although not getting another game, didn't have some of It's best elements shafted, changed, and chopped up throughout the years like Donkey Kong got it. Donkey kong turned into a weird lab rat throughout the years with the games he's been featured in. "Die a hero, or live long enough.." yada yada. However I can agree that dkc tropical freeze revitalized some of the rights that were donkey kong country.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
But at least Wario land although not getting another game, didn't have some of It's best elements shafted, changed, and chopped up throughout the years like Donkey Kong got it. Donkey kong turned into a weird lab rat throughout the years with the games he's been featured in. "Die a hero, or live long enough.." yada yada. However I can agree that dkc tropical freeze revitalized some of the rights that were donkey kong country.
I think the versatility of Donkey Kong's character is what makes him a great character. He could be a comical villain one minute, an all-out hero the next, and a balls-to-the-wall psychopath the minute after that. Jungle Beat was actually one of the best Donkey Kong games in my opinion even though it pretty much changed Donkey Kong entirely.

Top Bottom