• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was thinking, once the GIF is done, we could upload it to YouTube in videos where K. Rool just strolls to the beat of troll-y songs. Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking, once the GIF is done, we could upload it to YouTube in videos where K. Rool just strolls to the beat of troll-y songs. Anyone have any suggestions for songs to use?
I considered sunglasses at one point. Should I resurrect it or is it fine as is?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It starts with "R" and ends with "ick Astley declaring that he does not intend to give you up, etc."

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
BridgesWithTurtles just posted a good one. I can already see the GIF walking to that haha!!

THAT EXACT SONG!!!
If we're going to do something like that, then may I recommend we use this song, starting at 0:46?

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I will literally drop that GIF on every K. Rool hater I see on facebook, twitter, and other game forums.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I considered sunglasses at one point. Should I resurrect it or is it fine as is?
Fine as is. You've done enough for the artwork already, and if you ever feel so inclined, you can add them back after the original is completed.

Here are some other good songs we can use with a GIF.

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Mary Tyler Moore theme song? Will have to edit the female pronouns though.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Fine as is. You've done enough for the artwork already, and if you ever feel so inclined, you can add them back after the original is completed.

If you can find something with a rhythm to match it it might be beneficial. Kinda difficult as a standalone thing...
(I was gonna suggest "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5. Maybe cut it down to 10 frames so he walks faster for comedic purposes*)

*Not unless I can change the frame rate with VirtualDub or something...

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
What is everyone's favorite Kremling enemy? We have the lowest grunt (Kritter) to the ridiculously buff (Kruncha) to the craziest looking (Re-Koil).

Good Question, hmmm....

From DKC1, I have to say that the Kritters are my favorites.

DKC2 is a bit tougher. I love Kuttlass and Krook equally

DKC3 has the "Weakest" designs, in my opinion....I do enjoy Kopter, though

TallT

Smash Apprentice
BridgeswithTurtles just posted a good one. I can already see the GIF walking to that haha!!

THAT EXACT SONG!!!
If we do go with that song maybe someone should mix up the lyrics to fit the GIF better something like
Superior crocodile alligator feelin salty cause you know I'm a playa.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well Sean Hicks just gave us some disappointing news...about a possible King K render from him. It is weird though. He says he won't Smashify characters that Artsy and crew have done already...but he did Banjo...what...? Maybe he did the Banjo pic before they did.
Sean Hicks.JPG

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well Sean Hicks just gave us some disappointing news...about a possible King K render from him. It is weird though. He says he won't Smashify characters that Artsy and crew have done already...but he did Banjo...what...? Maybe he did the Banjo pic before they did. View attachment 50458
Yeah he did the Banjo Kazooie render a few days before Omni.
Also, I don't think I'm in the list of supporters. I checked and I don't see my username, so uh..maybe someone could fix that?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, I don't think I'm in the list of supporters. I checked and I don't see my username, so uh..maybe someone could fix that?
The list hasn't been updated in over a year. It would be a huge pain to update the list now, especially with large influx of supporters since the ballot.

What song is it btw? It's blocked in the UK... :(
It's just keeps saying INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR over and over again to strange and catchy tune. I wonder why it would be blocked though.

:231:

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's really awesome to see comments on K. Rool related stuff/videos go from mostly detractors to people saying K. Rool's a lock for the Ballot. Mostly on Youtube, surprisingly. There are still plenty who don't like the fat/ugly design that the rest of us actually enjoy about the character, but he's picking up so much steam it's great. I'm afraid to be let down, but I actually do have a bit of hope that K. Rool is getting into Smash. Today at work I imagined what it would be like for a reveal in October declaring the winner(s), either the number 1 or top 3 to become Smash DLC and I imagined K. Rool's hypothetical trailer.

Imagine the Smash double slash effect before going to a scene where the viewer is looking down a scope looking at a wooden target with Bowser being painted on it before it gets blasted to pieces. It then focuses on a King Dedede one, then a Ganondorf one, followed by a Marth one. It cuts out where the shooter goes to reload, and the only thing you see is a green claw reach up and re-adjust a golden crown exclaiming "There's only one king around here" before getting ready to shoot again at another target, before getting a glimpse of DK swinging on palms in the background. The shooter goes to fighter but runs out of ammo, and in a first person view you see the creature throw the gun down and run off the edge of a hill to meet Donkey Kong face to face. The camera pans out to then zoom in on King K. Rool.

Followed by a reveal of the Gangplank Galleon stage (3DS and Wii U) that he comes bundled with. Showing off his moveset that involves his kannonballs, blunderbuss, krown toss, and Roolenstein kopter. And also has Kaptain K. Rool alt in a similar vain to Wario and Olimar.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think this is exactly what you're looking for.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I think I may have misunderstood you when you asked for trolly songs as I was about to suggest "Ridin' Dirty".

It is an abomination waiting to happen but having that GIF going to "Shake it Off" would be a sight for sore eyes (or eye, in Rool's case).

Imagine the Smash double slash effect before going to a scene where the viewer is looking down a scope looking at a wooden target with Bowser being painted on it before it gets blasted to pieces. It then focuses on a King Dedede one, then a Ganondorf one, followed by a Marth one. It cuts out where the shooter goes to reload, and the only thing you see is a green claw reach up and re-adjust a golden crown exclaiming "There's only one king around here" before getting ready to shoot again at another target, before getting a glimpse of DK swinging on palms in the background. The shooter goes to fighter but runs out of ammo, and in a first person view you see the creature throw the gun down and run off the edge of a hill to meet Donkey Kong face to face. The camera pans out to then zoom in on King K. Rool.

Followed by a reveal of the Gangplank Galleon stage (3DS and Wii U) that he comes bundled with. Showing off his moveset that involves his kannonballs, blunderbuss, krown toss, and Roolenstein kopter. And also has Kaptain K. Rool alt in a similar vain to Wario and Olimar.
Whilst I'd love a trailer like this, after Mewtwo/Lucas, I'm not sure if we'd get the full cinematic experience.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
The list hasn't been updated in over a year. It would be a huge pain to update the list now, especially with large influx of supporters since the ballot.

It's just keeps saying INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR over and over again to strange and catchy tune. I wonder why it would be blocked though.

BBC. It must be the footage.

...Hmm? No nothing to do with the gif, I just felt like posting it.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
"I'm sexy and I know it"? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool has a wife he claimed in DKC3, so he might've been at one point sexy, and know all about it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I never ever expected this of all songs to have a troll potential. Coupled with the gif's smug look, it screams 'Haters gonna hate.' :laugh:

This is my suggestion.

That AC song reminds me of what Shokio had done after spotting Ridley's shadow on the April Smash Direct. He wasn't too far off about that winged Barney being deconfirmed before the game came out. It's like he's the psychic reincarnation of Will Smith. :troll:

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
As more likely K. Rool gets to make it into Smash as more afraid I get that he still doesn't make it... :ohwell:
That is only natural. It is really sad that a character like K. RoOl has had so much trouble getting into a Nintendo All-Star game, but it HAS to all stem back from the Rare buyout. We all realize that Nintendo owns all the rights and what not. Its just confusing as to why King K. and the Kremlings have been left out of DK for so long. I wish someone would straight up ask Iwata, Sakurai, or Miyamoto in an interview, "Why have Donkey Kongs old enemies have been overlooked for so many years and will they be back?"

The Kremlings were in Smash Run on 3DS so I figured the KING of those Kremlings would make an appearance somewhere..besides just a trophy...again..

I always thought King K. or Ridley would be held back on purpose for something like simple DLC.
-Veterans were always in the cards for DLC I'm guessing.
-Newcomers that can catch the attention of people would come out as DLC after release.

What sounds more surprising as DLC for a Smash Bros game. (Ridley or King K Rool the great villains you never thought would come to Smash or someone like Rosalina assuming she wasn't revealed before release.) Ridley and K Rool would surprise everyone. There are so many people that don't see King K making it in ever. If I was Sakurai I would hold back King K Rool and/or Dixie Kong as well, because them as DLC would sell no matter what. I used Rosalina as the example, due to her being a more "expected" addition to Smash. She would be no surprise if that makes more sense.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
The Kremlings were in Smash Run on 3DS so I figured the KING of those Kremlings would make an appearance somewhere..besides just a trophy...again..
Speaking of Smash Run, I never realized how underwhelming it was regarding bosses and mini-bosses. Some claimed to have seen Kraid, and remember that "big Kremling mini-boss" that made us go bonkers? All that was as real as the Rosy AT in Brawl in the end, which was really saddening.

Man, I really miss the boss battles from Brawl... Porky, Rayquaza, Petey, heck even Duon, Galleom and all those weirdos. A lot could have been done with Smash Run, or at least, a expanded version on the Wii U called "Smash World" a la Subspace Emissary with more levels and bosses instead of Smash Tour. Ohhh don't get me started on Smash Tour! (*cough*smashparty10*cough*...).

I mean, bosses are a cool way to include relevant and important characters that can't be playable in Smash, not stage hazards but Brawl-styled bosses though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom