• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Speaking of Smash Run, I never realized how underwhelming it was regarding bosses and mini-bosses. Some claimed to have seen Kraid, and remember that "big Kremling mini-boss" that made us go bonkers? All that was as real as the Rosy AT in Brawl in the end, which was really saddening.

Man, I really miss the boss battles from Brawl... Porky, Rayquaza, Petey, heck even Duon, Galleom and all those weirdos. A lot could have been done with Smash Run, or at least, a expanded version on the Wii U called "Smash World" a la Subspace Emissary with more levels and bosses instead of Smash Tour. Ohhh don't get me started on Smash Tour! (*cough*smashparty10*cough*...).

I mean, bosses are a cool way to include relevant and important characters that can't be playable in Smash, not stage hazards but Brawl-styled bosses though.
I agree...who else was so confused when they saw Bowser's minions stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard....LIKE REALLY SAKURAI???...it only reminded me of someone yet to be included in Smash..(King K tear oO,)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
K.Rool has a wife he claimed in DKC3, so he might've been at one point sexy, and know all about it.
Based on what I heard, the "my wife is going to kill me" line in that game was just some kind of throwaway reference to Vic and Bob.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People keep saying we're mean to Dixie fans....

Are we?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Are we?
There are K. Rool fans that are harsh on Dixie fans, in the same way that there are Dixie fans are harsh on K. Rool fans. It's not a universal phenomenon by any means, though there are unfortunate incidents of people acting in such a manner.

I personally don't agree with the notion that both characters can't or shouldn't coexist. Most of the fans I've met feel the same way, they support or are at least tolerant of both.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Here is my dream roster. This could very well be a possible outcome. I tried to keep them in line with what they have done so far, but I moved the clones, confirmed DLC, and *possible* DLC in with their respective franchises. All this would add is 4 boxes on the left/right side of the character select screen . For 6 DLC characters, that is pretty good. This is assuming we get one character off of the Smash Ballot AND that character is King K..lol. Not sure why, but I can't see them adding even more characters due to Sakurai already at wits end. The DLC characters have yellow boxes.

Smash Dream Roster.JPG

Edit: The only franchise I had to actually relocate was Kid Icarus due to Fire Emblem getting bigger, assuming we get Roy as well. Honorable mentions for 4 more spaces on the select screen would be Ridley, Isaac, Banjo, Dixie, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Inkling, Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids, and Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think it's ok for us to antagonize since we're winning. I mean come on, fact is Dixie ain't gettin' nowhere, just like most of these other ridiculous characters being supported. (No offense btw.)

Last edited:

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Guys I just remembered how the German Version of the Donkey Kong Country TV Series sounded like xD
(Im from switzerland, we talk german, italian, french and english there)
Bluster had such a muppet voice while K Rool(In german King Kroko) had a really strong and angry tone xD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
His wife might be into inflation like all of these creepy fan arts
Damn, you know there's something terrifying when we are alike (except I'm obviously too young and "poor" to be married). But it's best for us to not get even deeper into that subject since it might disgust our lovely king.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think it's ok for us to antagonize since we're winning. I mean come on, fact is Dixie ain't gettin' nowhere, just like most of these other ridiculous characters being supported. (No offense btw.)
This better be a joke....

StormC

Smash Hero
I would like Dixie in the game, but I fear that with DLC we are going to be lucky to get a single Donkey Kong character, period.

Really, we should have gotten either K. Rool or Dixie in the original game, and the other could have been easy DLC.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
K. Rool has been my most wanted character since Melee, but being antagonistic towards other fanbases isn't going to win us any brownie points. As far as I'm concerned, K. Rool and Dixie should have been playable by now. However, Dixie is already "back" in the Donkey Kong Country franchise, so to speak. This ballot could literally decide K. Rool's future as a character, so I don't blame people for taking it seriously. But we can send a positive, pro-Kremling message without slandering other characters. Unless it's Dark Pit.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Are we?
You get bad apples in every bushel. With K. Rool, however, I think the sentiment mostly comes from the people who were all too happy to scream from the mountaintops how "Dixie and Chorus Kids were shoo-ins for the main roster, they're still shoo-ins for DLC, K. Rool is dead and forgotten, I'm so awesome and logical, so listen up everyone!" Basically, the people who puff out their chests, assert their opinion as fact so, if they're right, they get to rub it in everyone's faces and, if they're wrong, no one will care to hold them accountable. (AKA why people get so burnt out on speculating)

When your message is kind of crapped upon by every single exit poll that's being taken, lashing out becomes easy, be it at K. Rool fans or at the ballot itself as illegitimate.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
K. Rool has been my most wanted character since Melee, but being antagonistic towards other fanbases isn't going to win us any brownie points. As far as I'm concerned, K. Rool and Dixie should have been playable by now. However, Dixie is already "back" in the Donkey Kong Country franchise, so to speak. This ballot could literally decide K. Rool's future as a character, so I don't blame people for taking it seriously. But we can send a positive, pro-Kremling message without slandering other characters. Unless it's Dark Pit.
Or Dr. Mario, hate him so much.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*just says we shouldn't antagonize others*

*actively hates another character*

Oh vey.....

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Or Dr. Mario, hate him so much.
To be fair, Dr. Mario has starred in his own game series, albeit a game series that's known for being a mediocre Tetris clone. While Dr. Mario may just be Mario wearing a different outfit, at least he represents something. Dark Pit is literally just a Sakurai OC. He even has that trademark "edgy" persona. But that's a discussion for another time. Let's redirect our attention to K. Rool and K. Rool alone.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was going to like this post, but the struck-out sentence killed it for me.

To be fair, Dr. Mario has starred in his own game series, albeit a game series that's known for being a mediocre Tetris clone. While Dr. Mario may just be Mario wearing a different outfit, at least he represents something. Dark Pit is literally just a Sakurai OC. He even has that trademark "edgy" persona. But that's a discussion for another time. Let's redirect our attention to K. Rool and K. Rool alone.
This doesn't help. Sorry, I respect you a lot, but that was kind of unnecessary.

Swampie is right. You can hate a character all you want, but don't bring it up in conversations where others are likely to see it as a slight against their perfectly legitimate choices.

It's beautiful. Thank you.
I aim to please, meow~ ;3

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I haven't even seen talk here of Dixie Kong here since like the ballot opened...

There are K. Rool haters, who like to say "Dixie Kong is the only true/logical choice for DK reps! Teh relevance!!". But I am sure they aren't even fans of the series. Again, I haven't seen that here either.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The negativity isn't helping Anyone though.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

K Rool Joker.jpg

The image is from the mobile phone app : Zedge

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
*just says we shouldn't antagonize others*

*actively hates another character*

Oh vey.....
You see I'm not antagonizing others. I just hate Dr. Mario.
Yes, I do agree that an important distinction needs to be made here. There's a difference between disliking a character and projecting your hatred onto other people. Nobody is obligated to like every character on the roster. The way I see it, characters who are already in the game should be open for ridicule. However, I maintain that we shouldn't bash other potential newcomers, especially not in here. This is the K. Rool support thread, after all. We shouldn't have to bash other characters in order to elevate K. Rool. He has his own merits that are worth mentioning, and lots of them. Now let's put aside our differences and make sure that Nintendo notices us.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yes, I do agree that an important distinction needs to be made here. There's a difference between disliking a character and projecting your hatred onto other people. Nobody is obligated to like every character on the roster. The way I see it, characters who are already in the game should be open for ridicule. However, I maintain that we shouldn't bash other potential newcomers, especially not in here. This is the K. Rool support thread, after all. We shouldn't have to bash other characters in order to elevate K. Rool. He has his own merits that are worth mentioning, and lots of them. Now let's put aside our differences and make sure that Nintendo notices us.
I wrote a letter to Nintendo (School project) that mentioned Smashboards and the King K. Rool thread (along with Isaac). Although it was Nintendo of America so yeah.

ohhh there are plenty of k rool fans who are dixie haters. maybe not here but they exist. ive heard "diddy in drag" enough times to know that.

attacking people for characters or generally being a hater is bad. im hypocritical and do it sometimes but never poop on fans of characters.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
So I really like this banner from the Smashified art

I also bought the DKC cartoon on DVD. Cant wait til it arrives!

Top Bottom