• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Kiddy was designed to be unappealing on purpose because they didn't want Dixie to be overshadowed. DK's sidekick got his own game, Diddy's sidekick got her own game, and the joke was supposed to be that Kiddy would never get his own game or sidekick. Adding DK instead, like many people have suggested, would have just trivialized Dixie's starring role. It would be like making a Mario platformer where Luigi is the star and Mario is player two. Rare was a lot smarter than people give them credit for.
Rare has had its **** ups though. (*cough* Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts *cough*) Anyone else almost throw up when thinking about how bad that game is?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anyone know why K. Rool slid down the Japanese polls lately? I remember the last poll we saw had King K. Rool as the most popular besides the cut veterans.

However a later poll shows he slid down the ranks quite a bit. Why?
If you're thinking of the same one, that wasn't a poll, it was a sample size of Japanese Twitter mentions Chronobound used as proof of Roy being popular. K. Rool was in a middling position, with IIRC Chrom, Inkling and a few other veterans above him.

Troykv

Smash Master
If you're thinking of the same one, that wasn't a poll, it was a sample size of Japanese Twitter mentions Chronobound used as proof of Roy being popular. K. Rool was in a middling position, with IIRC Chrom, Inkling and a few other veterans above him.
The Veterans (except Ivysaur and Squirtle) are always in the Top (especially the Brawl non-Pokémon Cuts)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
This has probably been done before, but I thought of a potential move.

So you know how in DK64 K. Rool always has that dog gator thing?

I was thinking how he could "release him" and get him to attack his opponents similar to :4roy:down B but instead of exploding, he could latch onto opponents like pikmin. Unlike pikmin, if he takes enough damage, instead of dying, the "walking teeth" thing could be used as a pickup able projectile, or stay around as a weak, walking hitbox that can be destroyed in 1 hit regardless of damage or knockback. Think Duck hunt dog's can but it moves on it's own.

I'm not the best at explaining stuff, and there is a high chance this move has already been "made". Heck this move might be complete junk in practice, but I think it would be pretty interesting.

(Don't be too krool in your criticism)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This has probably been done before, but I thought of a potential move.

So you know how in DK64 K. Rool always has that dog gator thing?

I was thinking how he could "release him" and get him to attack his opponents similar to :4roy:down B but instead of exploding, he could latch onto opponents like pikmin. Unlike pikmin, if he takes enough damage, instead of dying, the "walking teeth" thing could be used as a pickup able projectile, or stay around as a weak, walking hitbox that can be destroyed in 1 hit regardless of damage or knockback. Think Duck hunt dog's can but it moves on it's own.

I'm not the best at explaining stuff, and there is a high chance this move has already been "made". Heck this move might be complete junk in practice, but I think it would be pretty interesting.

(Don't be too krool in your criticism)
Klaptrap actually wouldn't be a bad addition to his moveset. I'd rather it be a custom move though for K. Rool instead of his default unless it's like a variation of A attacks.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Worried that Sakurai might go the easy route and just make Dixie playable, who would probably just be a Diddy semi clone. Also she's getting close to the same amoubt of support K.Rool has been enjoying. I really wish people voting for her would reconsider and switch to the Kroc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Worried that Sakurai might go the easy route and just make Dixie playable, who would probably just be a Diddy semi clone. Also she's getting close to the same amoubt of support K.Rool has been enjoying. I really wish people voting for her would reconsider and switch to the Kroc.
I'd not say Dixie has as much support as K. Rool. K. Rool's support has exploded with the ballot, and Dixie has kind of been in the middling sections of votes as far as I've seen. She certainly hasn't come close to K. Rool on any fan polls, so if she's not even close in the ballots, I wouldn't expect him to choose her unless she just decided to use her and disregard the ballot entirely.

D

Deleted member

I'd not say Dixie has as much support as K. Rool. K. Rool's support has exploded with the ballot, and Dixie has kind of been in the middling sections of votes as far as I've seen. She certainly hasn't come close to K. Rool on any fan polls, so if she's not even close in the ballots, I wouldn't expect him to choose her unless she just decided to use her and disregard the ballot entirely.
At this point, I'd take her over no DK newcomers, if only because it gives us a third DK character and would be an acknowledgement that most people believe that DK deserves more than to get buried under Sakurai's possibly apathetic feelings towards the franchise.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
At this point, I'd take her over no DK newcomers, if only because it gives us a third DK character and would be an acknowledgement that most people believe that DK deserves more than to get buried under Sakurai's possibly apathetic feelings towards the franchise.
Yeah, but settling for Dixie is a crappy move if you truly want the Croc in.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but settling for Dixie is a crappy move if you truly want the Croc in.
I mainly feel this way because I feel as if we don't get a third DK character now, I doubt we ever will, even if King K. Rool does top the poll for the Smash Ballot and we get him back in the DK franchise. Nintendo would have to have some sort of agenda to not put either King K. Rool or Dixie Kong as DLC this game and I don't see Sakurai having an epiphany to include either of them by himself. But considering that I have a feeling Sakurai already passed on Dixie a while back, it's probably King K. Rool or no new DK character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mainly feel this way because I feel as if we don't get a third DK character now, I doubt we ever will, even if King K. Rool does top the poll for the Smash Ballot and we get him back in the DK franchise. Nintendo would have to have some sort of agenda to not put either King K. Rool or Dixie Kong as DLC this game and I don't see Sakurai having an epiphany to include either of them by himself. But considering that I have a feeling Sakurai already passed on Dixie a while back, it's probably King K. Rool or no new DK character.
Never say never; I never thought we'd get Bowser Jr. if we didn't in Brawl, and especially after Rosalina, yet here we are.

Besides, who knows what'll happen if K. Rool makes a comeback. Don't settle. And most of all, never try to predict Sakurai.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Klaptrap actually wouldn't be a bad addition to his moveset. I'd rather it be a custom move though for K. Rool instead of his default unless it's like a variation of A attacks.
I never thought about which move slot it would take, but ideally it would be a down, side or neutral move so put it where ever you want. A or B it doesn't matter.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So last night I had this nightmare. In this dream 2 dlc characters got released which I was so suprised because I hadn't heard a word of anything about them. I come home and download them to find out that they're an ELEPHANT version of King K. Rool and Donkey Kong. I was so upset lol! The worst part is the elephant king k. rool used paint as a projectile and his tag was a little crab symbol instead of DK. Was so random but had to post about it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So last night I had this nightmare. In this dream 2 dlc characters got released which I was so suprised because I hadn't heard a word of anything about them. I come home and download them to find out that they're an ELEPHANT version of King K. Rool and Donkey Kong. I was so upset lol! The worst part is the elephant king k. rool used paint as a projectile and his tag was a little crab symbol instead of DK. Was so random but had to post about it.
The Ellie hate has reached its logical conclusion. :laugh:

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you like elephants? I think they look pretty cool with tusks. And for what it's worth, :232: is one of my favorite gen 2 Pokemon.
Well, I've been fascinated by elephants since childhood, haha. Donphan is my favourite ground type. Also why I end each post with a Phanpy.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That's a particularly strange dream. Last night I dreamed about getting stung on the top of my head by a bee and I blacked out, and then I "jumped" into the next dream with fire powers fleeing from paramilitary forces.

Was intense, would dream again 8/10.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I had a dream that K.Rool got in with all his alt. costumes (king, boxer, kaptain, scientist, egyption) and an alt skin being Lord Frederick.

Too bad as Sakurai needs to take a trip back to *puts on glassses* Dreamland.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I had a dream that K.Rool got in with all his alt. costumes (king, boxer, kaptain, scientist, egyption) and an alt skin being Lord Frederick.

Too bad as Sakurai needs to take a trip back to *puts on glassses* Dreamland.
That does seem quite possible to me, honestly. 5 costumes from his games and Lord Fredrick is an homage/expy/rip-off (depending on how you see him). If Mac can get 16 costumes - most of which no one really asked for - why can't we?

Aaaand that answers that question!

Yay~ >w<
Was it that big of a mystery/curiosity? Haha. :p

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I know tons of people were... "okay" with the tiki and snowmad enemies, but as someone who has played the original 3 for the past 18 years, these guys rubbed me the wrong way overall. I hope we don't see anymore "creative" enemy ideas in the future, rare already made the best enemies for donkey kong YEARS ago.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That does seem quite possible to me, honestly. 5 costumes from his games and Lord Fredrick is an homage/expy/rip-off (depending on how you see him). If Mac can get 16 costumes - most of which no one really asked for - why can't we?

Was it that big of a mystery/curiosity? Haha. :p

Personally, I think the best bet is this:

K. Rool's costumes are actual costumes (except maybe without a hat change and he just keeps his krown). Kaptain K. Rool, K. Roolenstein, Krusha K. Rool, Pharoah K. Rool are all just him in his normal green color scheme but a different outfit. Then his final three are based on Frederik (including the same color scheme), Krusha (same color scheme, so he'd be blue), and lastly Klump (again, same color scheme, so he'd be reddish-brown).

Klump would be K. Rool's red color scheme, Krusha his blue color scheme, and Pharoah his yellow one.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What I'd like to see:
4 King costumes (default, Krusha blue, red, Klump olive)
4 Kaptain costumes (default, redcoat, navy coat, orange coat)
4 Baron costumes (default, black, pink, purple)
4 Krusha costumes (default, dark green, golden, black)

What I expect to see:
7 King costumes
1 Kaptain costume

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think we'll get a DKCR3 until Nintendo's next console. Nintendo usually only releases one major installment per console (with some exceptions like Mario, and sometimes Zelda), but that's usually it.

Also with DKCR ported to 3DS from Wii, I don't think the 3DS will get a DKCR3 either since that satisfies the same role.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I don't think we'll get a DKCR3 until Nintendo's next console. Nintendo usually only releases one major installment per console (with some exceptions like Mario, and sometimes Zelda), but that's usually it.

Also with DKCR ported to 3DS from Wii, I don't think the 3DS will get a DKCR3 either since that satisfies the same role.
The wii u's only been out for what, 3 years? I surely hope we'd get another dkc game. On snes and nes series had 3 or 4 games :/ I wouldn't be surprised though if we don't get another dkc game with nintendo all hunched over on the xenoblade shenanigans.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The wii u's only been out for what, 3 years? I surely hope we'd get another dkc game. On snes and nes series had 3 or 4 games :/ I wouldn't be surprised though if we don't get another dkc game with nintendo all hunched over on the xenoblade shenanigans.
I'd be shocked if we didn't get another DK game on Wii U/3DS. However, with the NX looming just around the corner, I think they'll wait on DKCR3 a bit and release it as a launch title for NX.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I actually like the Tikis. I like them a lot: they're cute, creative and fit into the "African jungle" motif that the game was rockin'.

As the absolute extent of the game's antagonistic forces, though? Yeah, they were lacking. They'd be great minions or supporting villains, but they don't have the charisma or the diversity to carry the plot of their own accord; Tiki Tong in paticular, while an interesting idea, is woefully generic and contributes nothing to distinguish himself from the other, much more interesting and dynamic, bosses in the game.

The Snowmads are good too, and Fredrik is a serviceable baddie. They likewise fit into the motif of the game, in this case Viking warships and icy mountains.

I'm definitely not of the mindset that the Kremlings are the only worthwhile DK villains, but they are iconic and beloved for a reason. I personally would love to see more creative abstractions like the Tikis and Snowmads appearing alongside the Kremlings: they all have their own endearing traits and represent something unique, independent of each-other, and while they can certainly hold an entire game by themselves, mixing and matching different motifs and styles would make for a very interesting mix of flavours.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Snowmads worked better than the Tikis.
Neither were as good as Kremlings.

I think the reason behind Kremling and K.Rool being gone from the franchise while DK is in the hands of Retro studios, is because they want to build something from them for Dk.
That being said, I'm not mad.
But I wish they make a final DK game, with the Retro style, and show that they can build a unique DK game even if using DK old-universe.

Because... is not the characters that build completely a game.
This way they could bring back : Squawks and Quawks, Enguarde, Expresso and Squitter ...

Why they don't make Funky Kong playable ? He was never playable in a DK game before.
They have options in the franchise that would make a new game unique, without creating new characters.

I want King K.Rool or Dixie (Dixie a bit more) in Smash so much...
They will come, right ? At least one of them.

(My favorite character from Retro in the DK Franchise is a simple enemy : the smiling sharks : Snaggles.
The way they smile after try to catch you out of water... won my sympathy)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sounds like a long wait.
What's a long wait? We just got TF last year. It released three years (and a couple months) after Returns. The NX is going to be officially talked about next year; odds are it'll release in late 2017. That's about three and a half years.

Its not that long of a wait. And yes, the original DKC games did come out quicker. Because it was also easier to develop games back then.

Snowmads worked better than the Tikis.
Neither were as good as Kremlings.

I think the reason behind Kremling and K.Rool being gone from the franchise while DK is in the hands of Retro studios, is because they want to build something from them for Dk.
That being said, I'm not mad.
But I wish they make a final DK game, with the Retro style, and show that they can build a unique DK game even if using DK old-universe.

Because... is not the characters that build completely a game.
This way they could bring back : Squawks and Quawks, Enguarde, Expresso and Squitter ...

Why they don't make Funky Kong playable ? He was never playable in a DK game before.
They have options in the franchise that would make a new game unique, without creating new characters.

I want King K.Rool or Dixie (Dixie a bit more) in Smash so much...
They will come, right ? At least one of them.

(My favorite character from Retro in the DK Franchise is a simple enemy : the smiling sharks : Snaggles.
The way they smile after try to catch you out of water... won my sympathy)
Funky Kong was playable in DK: Barrel Blast, DK: King of Swing, and DK: Jungle Climber. Along with two Mario spinoff games. He's not been playable in a DKC game, but he has been playable in DK games.

Top Bottom