• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Guys, I am calling it:

The reason why we didn't get the Pirate Stage from Wind Waker, although Wind Waker just had been rereleased on Wii U, is to avoid having 2 Pirate Ship Stages.

Yes, I hereby claim that K. Rool has been planned as DLC before the game was even released and the Gangplank Galleon will accompany his glorious return!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I also decided to purchase the original Donkey Kong Country. I admit that I have never played the original DKC trilogy. We'll see how it goes!

D

Deleted member

@Blobfish Superb, superb work. I look forward to seeing any K. Rool-related work you put out in the future.

Figured I'd post a theory I had a day or so ago, with regard to why DK characters have seemingly been so ignored. The answer has its roots back with Rare and its ensuing buyout. See, back in the Melee poll, there was no DK section, only a Rare section. It featured Diddy, but no other DK characters, only Banjo, James Bond and the like. None of those characters got into Melee.

Fastforward to Brawl, where Diddy is the only viable one left, not to mention the clear next most important DK character to add. All DK fans basically rally around Diddy, leaving K. Rool rarely mentioned and Dixie a complete afterthought except as part of a potential duo mechanic. K. Rool wasn't completely ignored, hence him getting two mentions in Sakurai's old Brawl journal (a compilation of requests he found interesting), but he was basically to Diddy what Dixie is to him right now. Diddy gets into Brawl, and the K. Rool fanbase starts growing, but too little, too late for Brawl.

By the time SSB4 rolls around, K. Rool is the most requested Nintendo newcomer for the game, third behind only Mewtwo and Mega Man overall. That being said, no public poll was conducted between Brawl and SSB4, with only vague rumblings about one from Sakurai in justifying how characters are added. This leads me to believe that Brawl's poll was used to some degree for SSB4, with the rest of the characters cobbled about as advertisements or as developers' preferred priorities.

The takeaway? The developers may have been judging K. Rool based off of popularity from 2006 and, thus, overlooked him as being less requested than he actually is. Should this be the case, the Smash ballot will prove to be quite an awakening for them, and not of the Fire Emblem variety.
Good post, I agree wholeheartedly. Dixie Kong supporters should read this to.

It might be worth noting that for this game, we only know one time this game where the Brawl poll was used; for Mega Man's inclusion and no signs that this happened anywhere else. This makes me doubt that even popular choices like Little Mac and Shulk were added due to popularity but rather due to other reasons. However, there is one potential characters that could have also benefited from the Brawl poll and that is Isaac. Notice how his Assist Trophy has disappeared from this game with the exception of two songs? I am of the opinion that Sakurai has held back Lucas, Mewtwo, Wolf, and possibly Roy for the purpose of selling DLC. Now with Isaac being gone from his AT role yet not being playable along with ChronoBound mentioning that Isaac was among the Top 10 most wanted pre-Brawl character in Japan, this makes me think that like the cut veterans returning as DLC, Isaac himself may have also been held back for the purpose of selling DLC. It's not popular to say that characters were likely held back for the purpose of selling DLC, but I really don't see Isaac becoming a ballot character (he's not as popular as he used to be) so I feel his best chances comes with being planned beforehand.

So how does this benefit King K. Rool? If Isaac gets in as a pre-ballot character, that takes away a character King K. Rool has to worry about getting close to him in popularity. With Mewtwo and Lucas confirmed, Roy leaked, Wolf being almost a shoe-in, and Isaac being in (assuming that's the case), that leaves just the following:
- Characters with basically no chance at the roster (any indie characters and Banjo & Kazooie)
- Snake
- Maybe Inklings (but the recent announcement of limited customization in multi-player may hurt sales and as such their fan base potentials)

Only the latter two have any conceivable shot of getting in and I have a feeling that Inklings may have taken a hit today. Even then I don't expect either of them to surpass King K. Rool in ballot votes. I am almost certain King K. Rool will be the winner of the poll. I also feel as this will be our best and our last shot of us getting a third Donkey Kong character. If the Smash Ballot doesn't get Sakurai or Nintendo to include a Donkey Kong newcomer, nothing will.
Which makes me think he's adding Roy, Lucas and probably Wolf as easy additions, since they can be added to appeal to fans without much work. I wouldn't be surprised to see a solo Ice Climber added as well, if not just for fan appeal.

...So that'd be the 5 slots then, with Ryu. Hopefully "not in large quantities" still means at least 3, but I do understand it's alot of work to make a new character.

If anything, this makes me feel better about the ballot being unrelated to those empty slots in the data. Though I don't really see where the places posting these articles seem to be getting "Oh, Sakurai wants to pump out as much DLC as possible "for the fans!" SO MANY FIGHTERS!"

Seems like classic "gaming journalism" here.
I highly doubt we are going to see solo Ice Climber as fighters. We either get Ice Climbers as we came to love them as DLC (if they can work out a miracle and get them to work), as an exclusive on an hypothetical Smash 3DS & Wii U+ upgrade, or they aren't getting in. Sakurai is not going to change Ice Climbers into a single character because he's so reluctant to change veterans in general (with some exception like Pit).

I do agree that I dislike how certain people are hyping this up as "OMG WE ARE GOING TO GET SOOOO MANY FIGHTING CHARACTERS!" and it doesn't help that GoNintendo kind of sensationalized the article by ignoring the fact that making newcomers is an exhaustive effort. We can't even guaranteed that there will be more than six and I have a feeling that people who expect more than ten DLC characters are going to be setting themselves up for disappointments. I would expect no more than eight or nine tops and that's with Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu included. So we're really fighting over who gets the remaining two to five spots and I am 99% sure one of them goes to Wolf who was probably pre-planned. If there is only going to be room for one more newcomer, things are going to be ugly. Especially if Krystal shows up at E3 and she will become among the Top 5 most wanted characters without any issues whatsoever.

Edit: And to show how laughable gaming journalism is, they left out important details which PushDustin mentioned. Keep in mind he quickly scanned this article and he'll need to get back to this. But let me grab the quote in case people aren't part of the leak group (honestly, all of us need to be part of it even if we don't always agree with their views on King K. Rool):

I really hate it when blogs pull apart quotes and don't post the full transcript or details.
So...
Scan scan scan

Sakurai reaffirms that Dlc is not cut content from the game
Talks quite a bit about value
Mewtwo was made for people who owned both versions but decided to release it as paid for cases where siblings have multiplr 3ds game, etc
Totally New project plan for Dlc
Smaller team size
Still working on tourney and Miiverse stage. Online services take awhile
Dlc for the service of the fans.

Writing this on mobile so let me check one more time. Can actually translate stuff after work.

Still working on patches
Adding new modes (though this just might be the tourney mode)
Want to offer as many characters as possible as people really enjoy seeing what characters join the battle

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Good post, I agree wholeheartedly. Dixie Kong supporters should read this to.

It might be worth noting that for this game, we only know one time this game where the Brawl poll was used; for Mega Man's inclusion and no signs that this happened anywhere else. This makes me doubt that even popular choices like Little Mac and Shulk were added due to popularity but rather due to other reasons. However, there is one potential characters that could have also benefited from the Brawl poll and that is Isaac. Notice how his Assist Trophy has disappeared from this game with the exception of two songs? I am of the opinion that Sakurai has held back Lucas, Mewtwo, Wolf, and possibly Roy for the purpose of selling DLC. Now with Isaac being gone from his AT role yet not being playable along with ChronoBound mentioning that Isaac was among the Top 10 most wanted pre-Brawl character in Japan, this makes me think that like the cut veterans returning as DLC, Isaac himself may have also been held back for the purpose of selling DLC. It's not popular to say that characters were likely held back for the purpose of selling DLC, but I really don't see Isaac becoming a ballot character (he's not as popular as he used to be) so I feel his best chances comes with being planned beforehand.

So how does this benefit King K. Rool? If Isaac gets in as a pre-ballot character, that takes away a character King K. Rool has to worry about getting close to him in popularity. With Mewtwo and Lucas confirmed, Roy leaked, Wolf being almost a shoe-in, and Isaac being in (assuming that's the case), that leaves just the following:
- Characters with basically no chance at the roster (any indie characters and Banjo & Kazooie)
- Snake
- Maybe Inklings (but the recent announcement of limited customization in multi-player may hurt sales and as such their fan base potentials)

Only the latter two have any conceivable shot of getting in and I have a feeling that Inklings may have taken a hit today. Even then I don't expect either of them to surpass King K. Rool in ballot votes. I am almost certain King K. Rool will be the winner of the poll. I also feel as this will be our best and our last shot of us getting a third Donkey Kong character. If the Smash Ballot doesn't get Sakurai or Nintendo to include a Donkey Kong newcomer, nothing will.
I highly doubt we are going to see solo Ice Climber as fighters. We either get Ice Climbers as we came to love them as DLC (if they can work out a miracle and get them to work), as an exclusive on an hypothetical Smash 3DS & Wii U+ upgrade, or they aren't getting in. Sakurai is not going to change Ice Climbers into a single character because he's so reluctant to change veterans in general (with some exception like Pit).

I do agree that I dislike how certain people are hyping this up as "OMG WE ARE GOING TO GET SOOOO MANY FIGHTING CHARACTERS!" and it doesn't help that GoNintendo kind of sensationalized the article by ignoring the fact that making newcomers is an exhaustive effort. We can't even guaranteed that there will be more than six and I have a feeling that people who expect more than ten DLC characters are going to be setting themselves up for disappointments. I would expect no more than eight or nine tops and that's with Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu included. So we're really fighting over who gets the remaining two to five spots and I am 99% sure one of them goes to Wolf who was probably pre-planned. If there is only going to be room for one more newcomer, things are going to be ugly. Especially if Krystal shows up at E3 and she will become among the Top 5 most wanted characters without any issues whatsoever.

Edit: And to show how laughable gaming journalism is, they left out important details which PushDustin mentioned. Keep in mind he quickly scanned this article and he'll need to get back to this. But let me grab the quote in case people aren't part of the leak group (honestly, all of us need to be part of it even if we don't always agree with their views on King K. Rool):
That's gaming journalism for you always butchering interviews.....

I tried being part of the leaks group for awhile but the K. Rool hate there is almost radioactive levels of toxic. Everyone brings up their preferred characters they want to see but whenever I'd mention K. Rool I'd get so many rude replies.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Blobfish Superb, superb work. I look forward to seeing any K. Rool-related work you put out in the future.

Figured I'd post a theory I had a day or so ago, with regard to why DK characters have seemingly been so ignored. The answer has its roots back with Rare and its ensuing buyout. See, back in the Melee poll, there was no DK section, only a Rare section. It featured Diddy, but no other DK characters, only Banjo, James Bond and the like. None of those characters got into Melee.

Fastforward to Brawl, where Diddy is the only viable one left, not to mention the clear next most important DK character to add. All DK fans basically rally around Diddy, leaving K. Rool rarely mentioned and Dixie a complete afterthought except as part of a potential duo mechanic. K. Rool wasn't completely ignored, hence him getting two mentions in Sakurai's old Brawl journal (a compilation of requests he found interesting), but he was basically to Diddy what Dixie is to him right now. Diddy gets into Brawl, and the K. Rool fanbase starts growing, but too little, too late for Brawl.

By the time SSB4 rolls around, K. Rool is the most requested Nintendo newcomer for the game, third behind only Mewtwo and Mega Man overall. That being said, no public poll was conducted between Brawl and SSB4, with only vague rumblings about one from Sakurai in justifying how characters are added. This leads me to believe that Brawl's poll was used to some degree for SSB4, with the rest of the characters cobbled about as advertisements or as developers' preferred priorities.

The takeaway? The developers may have been judging K. Rool based off of popularity from 2006 and, thus, overlooked him as being less requested than he actually is. Should this be the case, the Smash ballot will prove to be quite an awakening for them, and not of the Fire Emblem variety.
I always knew the King's exclusion was part of some Konspiracy...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I beat DKC3. I loved it almost as much as DKC2. Why is it overshadowed so badly?

I understand the complaints over Kiddy though. He's characterisation could have been better.

:231:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
It's his choice, but... I can't help but feel sorry for him at this point. He's gonna get even sicker than he already is.

I also can't help but feel contempt for all of those spoiled little brats who are inevitably going to write heinous messages in a barely legible fashion if their character of choice doesn't get in.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I beat DKC3. I loved it almost as much as DKC2. Why is it overshadowed so badly?

I understand the complaints over Kiddy though. He's characterisation could have been better.

DKC3 is amazing. K. Roolenstien was not an easy boss. It's all about the timing. Another thing I really like about DKC3 is the sewer levels that are full of gas. I think the gases may be the same ones from DKC2 as they have similar effects. Another thing I like about it is how many of the enemies look like they were enhanced; like how zingers are replaced by buzzers and many of the Kremlings are extra big and muscular. It all matches K. Rool's evil scientist theme.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I tried being part of the leaks group for awhile but the K. Rool hate there is almost radioactive levels of toxic. Everyone brings up their preferred characters they want to see but whenever I'd mention K. Rool I'd get so many rude replies.
It's why I don't go back there anymore. Besides that, I'll hear about any leaks that actually matter from the front page anyway. Even pre-release it was just one big circlejerk about whatever leak was currently impressing everyone.

And it makes me feel better to be over here and part of a community that DOESN'T bash people's character choices with regularity.

Edit: Speaking of other people's character choices...amI going insane, or are there Inklings bouncing up the back of my posts?

Last edited:
im in the leaks group and there are very few if any anti K rool posts. almost everyone there is supporting or expecting him or dixie.

I have not seen any hate there.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Take two cups of people who mistake being blunt/confrontational for "telling it like it is," add a dash of people with a thirst for being right, smother it with hipsters and add a pinch of salt. Set the oven to high, then let it stew. :grin:

For those who want good reads on Sakurai's translations, for DLC or other subjects, definitely check out PushDustin's blog, SourceGaming. It's a lot of the information he posts in the Leaks Group, but you don't have to sift through the pages of irrelevance (ha) to find it.

The latest interesting tidbit is in its newest article's headline: "DLC is all about making players happy." I wonder what an easy, lizard-flavored way to do that would be. . .

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The latest interesting tidbit is in its newest article's headline: "DLC is all about making players happy." I wonder what an easy, lizard-flavored way to do that would be. . .
Man, damn right. All I need is some crocodile-flavored DLC and I'll just play Sm4sh forever.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm a big fan of that minimalist drawing. It has the cannonballs outside of a Final Smash which is always a big plus, as well as a quite nice idea in the cannonball Up Smash. I imagine it would have pretty awful hitboxes unless they do a pop-up hit as K Rool aims his gun, but obviously an incredible disjoint.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm a big fan of that minimalist drawing. It has the cannonballs outside of a Final Smash which is always a big plus, as well as a quite nice idea in the cannonball Up Smash. I imagine it would have pretty awful hitboxes unless they do a pop-up hit as K Rool aims his gun, but obviously an incredible disjoint.
Sounds like the perfect way to replace Snake's Up-Smash, which was always super interesting. Or fill a void, so to speak.

I just got the image of Snake handing K. Rool all his gear and tagging him in. And then lighting a cigarette and walking off, dejected. :crying:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I also decided to purchase the original Donkey Kong Country. I admit that I have never played the original DKC trilogy. We'll see how it goes!
2 is by far the best. 1st one is pretty good and so is 3, but I just can't help but love DKC2 to death. I replay it every now and then just for the music.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Guys, I am calling it:

The reason why we didn't get the Pirate Stage from Wind Waker, although Wind Waker just had been rereleased on Wii U, is to avoid having 2 Pirate Ship Stages.

Yes, I hereby claim that K. Rool has been planned as DLC before the game was even released and the Gangplank Galleon will accompany his glorious return!
Preach it my bro
Preach !!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
im in the leaks group and there are very few if any anti K rool posts. almost everyone there is supporting or expecting him or dixie.

I have not seen any hate there.
I was in there pre launch days and the K. Rool detracting was pretty fierce. I'm glad that they stopped hating on him then.
It's why I don't go back there anymore. Besides that, I'll hear about any leaks that actually matter from the front page anyway. Even pre-release it was just one big circlejerk about whatever leak was currently impressing everyone.

And it makes me feel better to be over here and part of a community that DOESN'T bash people's character choices with regularity.

Edit: Speaking of other people's character choices...amI going insane, or are there Inklings bouncing up the back of my posts?
That was actually my push to come here I joined the leaks community first not realizing there was a community of like minded individuals who wanted the Kroc King the rest is history. Yes there inkling squids seining around in the background your not crazy lol

StormC

Smash Hero

One of the big issues for many people is the change in aesthetic. The enemy design is very different from the first two games, and there's a new composer. It also feels in some ways to be a step down from 2 in scale; whereas DKC2 ends with Crocodile Isle sinking into the ocean after a beam of light tears it apart, 3 ends with... K. Rool getting an egg dropped on him.

The level design is still fantastic, though, if not even better than before in many ways. In my mind they're both extremely good games and it mostly comes down to DKC2 coming first and establishing a lot more for the franchise.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You can add me to the support/kutthroat list. King K. Rool is an awesome character and has monster amounts of incredible move set potential. I'll definitely use him if/once he makes it in.

I now await the inevitable "One of us" video.

I actually had the VHS tape (Legend of the Crystal Coconut) with that exact episode on it so it's a nice burst of nostalgia along with all the other cartoon clips and pics I've see on here.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
You can add me to the support/kutthroat list. King K. Rool is an awesome character and has monster amounts of incredible move set potential. I'll definitely use him if/once he makes it in.

I now await the inevitable "One of us" video.

I actually had the VHS tape (Legend of the Crystal Coconut) with that exact episode on it so it's a nice burst of nostalgia along with all the other cartoon clips and pics I've see on here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erH-WHtLRmU

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I still have my VHS copy of Legend of the Crystal Coconut, actually... Totally gonna watch it again if and when K. Rool gets in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Bringing this back up, I'd like to share a moveset for Bluster with special moves if you all don't mind. Note that these special moves have Bluster using barrels, which should make sense because in the cartoon, Bluster owns a barrel factory. So, here we go.

B Special, Barrel Shield: Using the half barrels from Barrel Shield Bust-UP from Donkey Kong Country 3, Bluster can shield himself from frontal attacks. The shield can be broken, though, and if it does, it takes a while before Bluster can use a new shield.

B Side, Mini Barrel Throw: Bluster throws small barrels at his opponents, causing considerable damage should they hit someone. Every now and then, Bluster will throw a mini TNT barrel.

B Down, Steel Keg Kick: Bluster takes out a steel keg from the original DKC games, and kicks it. It will knock over enemies and will remain rolling for a good amount of time, no matter who it its. It can even change direction if it hits walls. Bluster can ride on the steel keg if he jumps onto it.

B Up, Barrel Cannon: Bluster gets into a barrel cannon, which can be aimed to launched him in a specific direction. The barrel does not fall when being used, and remains in place, but the player only has a few seconds to aim the barrel cannon. If time is up, the cannon will launch Bluster in the direction the cannon was pointing towards before time is up.

Final Smash, Leo Luster: Bluster turns into his alter ego, Leo Luster. With this Final Smash, every time a foe looks at Leo face to face, they will be stunned (like when after a shield breaks), due to Leo's charm. Since opponents keep getting stunned easily by looking at Leo Luster, this is a good time for Leo/Bluster to rack up some damage and maybe even score come KOs. The strength of Leo/Bluster's attacks remain the same, though.

So, what do you all think?

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Bringing this back up, I'd like to share a moveset for Bluster with special moves if you all don't mind. Note that these special moves have Bluster using barrels, which should make sense because in the cartoon, Bluster owns a barrel factory. So, here we go.

B Special, Barrel Shield: Using the half barrels from Barrel Shield Bust-UP from Donkey Kong Country 3, Bluster can shield himself from frontal attacks. The shield can be broken, though, and if it does, it takes a while before Bluster can use a new shield.

B Side, Mini Barrel Throw: Bluster throws small barrels at his opponents, causing considerable damage should they hit someone. Every now and then, Bluster will throw a mini TNT barrel.

B Down, Steel Keg Kick: Bluster takes out a steel keg from the original DKC games, and kicks it. It will knock over enemies and will remain rolling for a good amount of time, no matter who it its. It can even change direction if it hits walls. Bluster can ride on the steel keg if he jumps onto it.

B Up, Barrel Cannon: Bluster gets into a barrel cannon, which can be aimed to launched him in a specific direction. The barrel does not fall when being used, and remains in place, but the player only has a few seconds to aim the barrel cannon. If time is up, the cannon will launch Bluster in the direction the cannon was pointing towards before time is up.

Final Smash, Leo Luster: Bluster turns into his alter ego, Leo Luster. With this Final Smash, every time a foe looks at Leo face to face, they will be stunned (like when after a shield breaks). Since opponents keep getting stunned easily by looking at Leo Luster, this is a good time for Leo/Bluster to rack up some damage and maybe even score come KOs. The strength of Leo/Bluster's attacks remain the same, though.

A Bluster move set. I've seen it all now. Watching the DKC cartoon has payed off since I know who he is because of it. Good work BTW on the move set.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Final Smash, Leo Luster: Bluster turns into his alter ego, Leo Luster. With this Final Smash, every time a foe looks at Leo face to face, they will be stunned (like when after a shield breaks). Since opponents keep getting stunned easily by looking at Leo Luster, this is a good time for Leo/Bluster to rack up some damage and maybe even score come KOs. The strength of Leo/Bluster's attacks remain the same, though.

I think that we should stop supporting K.Rool and all go vote Bluster in the ballot.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A Bluster move set. I've seen it all now. Watching the DKC cartoon has payed off since I know who he is because of it. Good work BTW on the move set.
Why thank you.

I think that we should stop supporting K.Rool and all go vote Bluster in the ballot.
Oh really? He may have a far slimmer chance, but I must admit, even though we would likely not succeed in getting him in, I can see that campaigning for Bluster would be fun, nonetheless. BTW, what do you think of the moveset, bananija?

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Why thank you.

Oh really? He may have a far slimmer chance, but I must admit, even though we would likely not succeed in getting him in, I can see that campaigning for Bluster would be fun, nonetheless. BTW, what do you think of the moveset, bananija?
Well, I tried to imply that I liked so much your moveset that it was enough to convince me to support him (because this moveset is gold)

cybersai

Smash Ace
Does anyone know why K. Rool slid down the Japanese polls lately? I remember the last poll we saw had King K. Rool as the most popular besides the cut veterans.

However a later poll shows he slid down the ranks quite a bit. Why?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why K. Rool slid down the Japanese polls lately? I remember the last poll we saw had King K. Rool as the most popular besides the cut veterans.

Because fan polls polling a poll is higly innacurate and liable to fluctuate

EX shovel knight was the top of 1 and everyone thought he was uber popular and now he is barely worth mentioning again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Link?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Kiddy was designed to be unappealing on purpose because they didn't want Dixie to be overshadowed. DK's sidekick got his own game, Diddy's sidekick got her own game, and the joke was supposed to be that Kiddy would never get his own game or sidekick. Adding DK instead, like many people have suggested, would have just trivialized Dixie's starring role. It would be like making a Mario platformer where Luigi is the star and Mario is player two. Rare was a lot smarter than people give them credit for.

Top Bottom