• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
*uses the Donkey Kong 64 Donkey Kong voice*
OKAY!!!

By the way guys, I just thought of something...

...what should K. Rool's victory theme be=??? :confused:

That is assuming it is different from Donkey Kong's victory theme, of course :b:
obviously the first few seconds of this.

What else could it be?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I especially like the second phase of the battle theme. But whoa... I need to replay the SNES DKCs quickly. :dkmelee::diddy:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When I first got DKC2, I was like 4 or 5 and I remember really well I loved the hell out of the first level :laugh: I probably replayed it many times to. And loved how you could get 2 Rambis after clearing the Bonus Area :awesome:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Double the Rambis, double the fun.

Although for me it's Squitter and Rattly all the way. Those dudes are g's.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always liked Rambi the best. Rhinos are my favorite animals after all :laugh: But in terms of usefullness, Enguarde and Squitter where probably the best. At first, I didn't like Rattly much due to him replacing Winky, but he quickly grew on me. Now, I think I like him better than Winky dat Super Jump :shades:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I still hope rambi ends up being a new type of item in crate everyone can use, can you imagine captain falcon riding rambi? Its as awesome and ridiculous as it sounds

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so I'm changing the thread title in advance (read: before the site crashes) so as to welcome the inevitable flood of new users, whether or not K. Rool is revealed. Hopefully they'll enjoy the community we've developed over the past year.

So, as far as the DKC DVD thing goes, my promotion of it in relation to K. Rool's chances was mainly tongue-in-cheek. I enjoy the show, but this release will pretty much fly under the radar as a bonus to a port. Even if it were publicized, the roster has more likely than not been finalized by now anyways (fan favorite third parties replacing popular Pokemon/FE lords nonwithstanding).

That said, I think K. Rool's upcoming cartoon reappearance has the potential to influence his portrayal in Smash, since it develops his personality a bit more, as well as because there is a precedent for elements of the cartoon making their way into Smash ('Banana Slamma' and the 'Eddie the Yeti' costume).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Need to tell the new members to hop on the hype train, and to join our group.

Also, inform them that the new initiation ritual is to do 10 "Kong Live the King" chants, 20 "Kaptain Kill the Kongs" chants, and 30 "K. Roolenstein Bomb the Kong!" chants. :dk:
When I first got DKC2, I was like 4 or 5 and I remember really well I loved the hell out of the first level :laugh: I probably replayed it many times to. And loved how you could get 2 Rambis after clearing the Bonus Area :awesome:
Oh no, for my 4th birthday, my dad wanted to get me a guide for DKC1 (which I had), but instead, he accidentally got me a Nintendo Power Guide for DKC2. I had actually already beat and nearly 100% DKC1, but man, that artwork, the beautiful levels and level design, and all the secrets SOLD ME on DKC2, as well as how awesome DKC1 was. The worst part was he got me it for my 4th birthday, so he naturally had to get me DKC2. And boy oh boy, that 3 week wait was hard, but after it was over, IT WAS A GLORIOUS VICTORY!!!

And man, as hyped as I was to FINALLY PLAY THAT GAME, the game still managed to EXCEED MY HYPE!!! :eek:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kan't be bothered with such a little fact. :p

K.Rool's reveal would blow me the **** away if it happened at E3.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The canon spelling of 'Crocodile Isle' is with a 'c,' so I figured I'd carry that over here.

Basically, if I see DK or Samus in the trailer, or cannonballs or fireballs, I'll be fully expecting K. Rool or Ridley, respectively, right behind them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The canon spelling of 'Crocodile Isle' is with a 'c,' so I figured I'd carry that over here.

Basically, if I see DK or Samus in the trailer, or cannonballs or fireballs, I'll be fully expecting K. Rool or Ridley, respectively, right behind them.

Seriously, DKC and Metroid really mix up very well actually. If they'd ever made a DKC x Metroid crossover I'd be SO hyped!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
DKCR is about the closest thing you'll get to that just on the basis of having Retro as its developer. That, and Tiki Tong and especially his theme song is something that feels like out of Metroid. Oh, and you could find Crocomire's skull in world 7, and fossilized parasites in world 6.

Though, funny you'd mention that, since Super Metroid and DKC2 are my favorite SNES games. Heh.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

If K. Rool gets revealed in the trailer, I may just pass out.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.
New slogan.
"King K. Rool is Kool
Inklude K. Rool"
instant win
nothing flawless
about my grammar

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this have been said before, but I would really love for K.Rool to be able of changing between his multiple personalities (each one should have an original moveset of course). I think his boss battles of the DKC series have allowed him to develop a big potencial in order to be a multiple-moveset character (to put it best, it would work in a similar way to Pokémon Trainer).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Not sure if this have been said before, but I would really love for K.Rool to be able of changing between his multiple personalities (each one should have an original moveset of course). I think his boss battles of the DKC series have allowed him to develop a big potencial in order to be a multiple-moveset character (to put it best, it would work in a similar way to Pokémon Trainer).
behind a change curtian. that he throws when he's done with it. PERFECT!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I do like the changing personalities idea; even if it's too labor-intensive to give each one an original moveset, having K. Rool's outfit change with each different weapon he uses would really bring out his loony personality we all know and love.

Another idea I saw on NeoGAF was that K. Rool wears his Kaptain costume by default and in promotional material, but has his King appearance and color swaps for it, similarly to Classic Wario. I definitely think the idea has merit, since pirates are near the top of the 'awesome archetype' pyramid...just ask any Ridley supporter. ;)

D

Deleted member

I would be really hyped to see King K. Rool in the trailer. To see him return gloriously to face off against Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong once again would bring a great smile to my face. He is my most wanted newcomer and I really missed having him around.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I definitely think he'll be in the trailer. I can't wait, guys... this'll be so awesome, I'm so excited to see what they choose to do with him.

I don't think they'll do a constant costume changing mechanic, though... it really does seem like a balancing nightmare. My vote is for him to have themed attacks, like his pirate blunderbuss and his Baron helipack as well as having alternate costumes.

No matter what they do with him, though, I'll be happy just to see him in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tomorrow peeps! Tomorrow we might get our long awaited revival of the King of Kremlings! I'M SO HYPED! :happysheep:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Rock on, fellow kutthroats! Less than 24 hours remaining!

Well...technically I'll get out of class at 12:30, so a little more than that for me. Alas!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I definitely think he'll be in the trailer. I can't wait, guys... this'll be so awesome, I'm so excited to see what they choose to do with him.
As do I, and I think his appearance would be INCREDIBLE!!!

Also, it's time for me to quote my rally speech from a few days ago for K. Rool!!!
I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,​
AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRYMEN...​
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!​
You have come to become K. Rool supporters...​
...and K. Rool supporters you are!!!​
What will you do without K. Rool in Smash (again)=???
Will you be vocal=???​
Be vocal of your support, and you might be trolled!!!​
Be silent, and you'll be troll-free...​
...for at least a while.​
And hearing the K. Rool haters many years from now,​
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that (day) for ONE CHANCE​
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE​
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES​
THAT THEY MAY HATE ON US,​
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR LOVE OF K. ROOL!!!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am hoping he is shown tomorrow (crossing fingers) but I am unsure. Nintendo sometimes shows dislike for Rare characters or characters they didn't create internally. Took 3 games before Diddy Kong was finally in Smash.

Top Bottom