• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am gonna install my N64 just for DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie. Am planning on getting 100% on all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well, that's not very nice.
lol I meant no disrespect to the dev the gun was named after, but as a weapon, the Klobb did putrid damage compared to everything else, even while dual-wielding them. Can pretty much guarantee it was most people's least used weapon in the game.

You're forgetting the announcement of Rare saying they're going to bring an iconic revival of a franchise.
Oh, I haven't forgotten. Just not getting all my hopes up after how long I've waited for KI only to be disappointed again and again.

Am gonna install my N64 just for DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie. Am planning on getting 100% on all.
You haven't 100%ed DK64 before? Good luck then. It's pretty satisfying once you do, although the side quests with Tiny Kong can get a little annoying after awhile.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just finished DKC2 for th first time yesterday! Damn K.Rool was 10000000x harder than he was in DKC1....Ugh....i love him sooo much the only boss in history that i will still keep my Eyes and hands fixed on the console even when he falls down or the credits role...:) xD K.ROOL 4 SM4SH such a awsome funny crazy villian hes defenetly like a hybrid between Wario and Bowser.

Even though Ganon maybe the strongest Nintendo Villian but K.Rool for damn sure is the hardest :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The DKC2 K.Rool battle. Oh we all have our fond memories about that fight. :awesome: Up till today, I think it's still my favorite boss battle ever. But damn dude, you completed the game pretty damn quickly :laugh: Am proud of you bro!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The DKC2 K.Rool battle. Oh we all have our fond memories about that fight. :awesome: Up till today, I think it's still my favorite boss battle ever. But damn dude, you completed the game pretty damn quickly :laugh: Am proud of you bro!
the original dkc trilogy is pretty easy to complete if you don't 100% from doing it fast.

also my friend from texas probably isn't coming ._. I hate this because I was going to 100% returns with him

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I love you - i couldnt get enough of it even though it was like X2 as hard as DKC1 it was also X2 as good the level and omg the bosses! That King Zinger omg the Wasps are so iconic and no doubt have cost me the most game over screens than any over enemy xD ahhh man that Ghost Necky (Vulture) Pirate ahaha soooo Epic man.

Omg Diddy you have no idea how much it warmed my heart when i saw those Kremlings in the barrels the one that chase you and the ones in TNT barrels loooool the red Kremlings sooo cute and hilarious.!

Ahhh man DKC2 im speechless is a stupidly good game defenetly just shot up into my list of one of the best games i have ever played.

Thank you Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah the credits are incredible! :) Especially the part where the Animal Buddies and Kongs came into picture. Heart warming indeed! But damn, you'll like the real ending much more if you already loved this! I think K.Rool already gave a hint about this when you beat him in the GBA version.

All I gotta say is, collect those coins bro ;)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I meant how like you never know when he is truly dead..the guy NEVER DIES !! h doesnt role over for you like bowser...

K.Rool is seriously a true Villian damn Villians should look up to his Villianous and practice his art of Villiantry!!! XD

K.Rool = ****ing LEGEND !!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's strange to think that, in less than a week, there's a small chance we could be chatting in our own forum, rather than just a thread.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's strange to think that, in less than a week, there's a small chance we could be chatting in our own forum, rather than just a thread.

Dude. I know. Let's cross our ****ing fingers. That would be the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of ever.

So many kutthroat konversations to be had. And no more haters. At least not ones with any arguable points. Aww yeah.

I'm so excited!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Pulling a Chrono with the countdown thing are we? And I didn't think it could get anymore of a deja vu around here.

But yeah, would be nice if it happened.

D

Deleted member

That's the similar feeling I have with the Mega Man thread if he is in. I look forward to the forum of the confirmed characters; especially newcomers.

I think our goal should be to try to make the newcomer forums sort of a haven to escape the drama of the unconfirmed scene. Of course we can't totally avoid it, but it'll be a much better place than the thread will be in the likely case K. Rool is not confirmed at E3.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
All I can say is, brace yourselves. The flood of new members will inundate every corner of these threads as soon as the first screens go live. I'm sort of hoping K. Rool gets confirmed right off the bat so that there's no more arguing over why, and we can instead focus solely on what.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Dude. I know. Let's cross our ****ing fingers. That would be the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of ever.

So many kutthroat konversations to be had. And no more haters. At least not ones with any arguable points. Aww yeah.

I'm so excited!
Was there ever such a thing?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think the most likely chars are

Top:
Little Mac
Mewtwo
KI rep

Mid: K.Rool

Something like that K.Rool is had a good chance imo and little to no roadblocks and would fit in perfect.

Smash needs K.Rool RealTalk.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As a reminder, when the new Dojo is up, we should check for any similarities between the ideas in this thread and K. Rool's dojo page to confirm BKupa's hypothesis about Nintendo employees viewing this thread when we had received the 27000 views.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hey, even if it doesn't happen this week, it could still happen before release.

Come on Rool!
Indeed. I view K. Rool much like I viewed Dedede pre-Brawl. Dedede wasn't trailer material, at least not as much as Meta Knight (despite being more popular,) it can be argued that K. Rool might be fighting against Ridley for the trailer spot (villain vs villain, reptile vs reptile.) Even if K. Rool isn't announced in the trailer, he'll be revealed on the Dojo later on.

There's absolutely no way SSB4 will be released without K. Rool, much like Dedede was possibly the most likely canditate for Brawl post-trailer, K. Rool is just about one of, if not the most likely character to end up in SSB4, regardless if he ends up in the trailer or not. There's just no reasonable counter arguments: Heavy-weight characters aren't overpopulated in the slightest, Donkey Kong is big enough to get at least 3 reps, he isn't harder to work with than Dedede, Bowser or DK, he has plenty of moveset potential, he is very popular and recognizable, and he fits the style of Smash Bros perfectly. I have no doubts that K. Rool will make it into the game in playable form, it's simply a matter of when he is announced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy was the most likely character pre-trailer :glare: :smirk:

Anyways, am not expecting K.Rool's confirmation yet. But it could happen. Just am not having the highest hopes for it yet.

Also, rum will be drunk when he WILL get confirmed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Was there ever such a thing?
I dunno, I suppose I was always paranoid about the whole "relevancy" thing, but in retrospect it doesn't make such sense.

And I'll agree The Double D's were the most likely candidates (Diddy/Dedede) word. Just like K. Roodley. :shades:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pulling a Chrono with the countdown thing are we? And I didn't think it could get anymore of a deja vu around here.

But yeah, would be nice if it happened.
I don't know if I'm pulling a Chrono yet...since my expectations of seeing K. Rool in the trailer are comparatively low (I'd expect to see Ridley and Mewtwo before him), I don't yet feel the need to write longer posts detailing how long I've waited for the character, and how he would be the first character I've supported to become playable (since Diddy was unveiled when I started getting really into Smash). Maybe those will come during the DOJO days after we go through long stretches without a newcomer update..."Any day now, guys!"

A blurb will suffice as far as covering my bases here goes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not to lose focus too much here, but it's a little known fact that, in the Famitsu article linked to the OP about Diddy formerly being a duo with Dixie, Sakurai mentioned Diddy by name and said that people thought it was 'strange' he had not been in a Smash game to that point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not to lose focus too much here, but it's a little known fact that, in the Famitsu article linked to the OP about Diddy formerly being a duo with Dixie, Sakurai mentioned Diddy by name and said that people thought it was 'strange' he had not been in a Smash game to that point.

Wanting him in since Smash 64. Was quite dissapointed it was Ness, and not Diddy who was eventually Ness' silluette. He should've been in Melee, and K.Rool in Brawl. We should've been rooting for Dixie now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wanting him in since Smash 64. Was quite dissapointed it was Ness, and not Diddy who was eventually Ness' silluette. He should've been in Melee, and K.Rool in Brawl. We should've been rooting for Dixie now.
Totally agree. I'm still hoping Dixie manges to stow away on the Gangplank to Smashland, but I'm not going to be heartbroken if its just King K.

It'll give me someone to root for in Smash 5, where I'll be virtually unconcerned about anyone if we get K. Rool, Mac and Takamaru this time around.

Edit: Yknow what else always bugged me? Diddy didn't even have a trophy in Melee, while Dixie did. K. Rool did too, but he's a main villain, that's understandable.

Diddy was only mentioned in Dixie's. Always weirded me out, man.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Has anyone seen this (I missed it if it's been posted yet)? A pretty...interesting interpretation of K. Rool's character, if you ask me.
It's an interesting interpretation but a little too far-fetched if you ask me.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
I've been lurking here as a guest for a while now (gone through most of the thread actually) and I'd like to become a Kutthroat fo' sho.

Here is what I'd like to see for K. Rool's moveset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2SLFRtZH8

Imo, K. Rool absolutely needs to incorporate some sort of dirty move into his arsenal, seeing as how he's a dirty fighter. If he doesn't get fake "Kredits" as his Final Smash similar to the one in my vid, then he should be able to play dead as a taunt, and be able to taunt-cancel. After all, he was shown to be quite the showboater in Donkey Kong 64, performing a great number of taunts (and fake-out taunts) throughout the final battle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've been lurking here as a guest for a while now (gone through most of the thread actually) and I'd like to become a Kutthroat fo' sho.

Here is what I'd like to see for K. Rool's moveset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2SLFRtZH8

Imo, K. Rool absolutely needs to incorporate some sort of dirty move into his arsenal, seeing as how he's a dirty fighter. If he doesn't get fake "Kredits" as his Final Smash similar to the one in my vid, then he should be able to play dead as a taunt, and be able to taunt-cancel. After all, he was shown to be quite the showboater in Donkey Kong 64, performing a great number of taunts (and fake-out taunts) throughout the final battle.

My god, that's amazing. I never even thought of that, and it's the single greatest thing of all time. I can just picture the online trolling. That is truly the best. :shades:

I think my favorite FS idea is still Kannonball Barrage or the Blast-o-Matic, but Kredits is still a neat idea.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was literally the best Final Smash idea since my idea (from literally 2007) that each character should have two final smash (one transformation, one super attack), the former of which there would be a game mode where you could battle different transformation characters (ie: Giga Bowser vs. a Landmaster Tank vs. Super Sonic vs. Gyro ROB). No really, that's amazing, and EASILY the best Final Smash move idea I've heard since Brawl was released.

Also, MY HYPE FOR K. ROOL IS SO FREAKING REAL ROOL NOW!!!

Just imagine my Kings, Pirates, Doctors/Scientists, Boxers, and well... various kritters, kremlings, krazies, and kutthroats, WE MAY SOON GET OUR OWN FORUM SOON TO CELEBRATE THIS GREAT MOMENT IN HISTORY!!!

I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,​
AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRYMEN...​
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!​
You have come to become K. Rool supporters...​
...and K. Rool supporters you are!!!​
What will you do without K. Rool in Smash (again)=???
Will you be vocal=???​
Be vocal of your support, and you might be trolled!!!​
Be silent, and you'll be troll-free...​
...for at least a while.​
And hearing the K. Rool haters many years from now,​
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that (day) for ONE CHANCE​
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE​
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES​
THAT THEY MAY HATE ON US,​
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR LOVE OF K. ROOL!!!
Be here for the GLORIOUS DAY K. Rool will be revealed in Smash at least​
Because TRUST ME Friend, Kutthroats, and all of Kremling kind,​
IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY!!!

Join the K. Rool Kutthroats TODAY
WEAR YOUR KOLORS PROUDLY NOW
AND JOIN IN THE CELEBRATION VERY SOON!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think I might've teared up. Inspirational.

WEAR YOUR COLORS PROUDLY NOW
KOLORS*

:troll:

But srsly John, way to build up the hype. TO WAR, KOMRADES! THE DAY IS DAWNING WHERE WE WILL SEE OUR KOMMANDER RESTORED TO HIS FORMER GLORY!

I'm ready.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Has anyone seen this (I missed it if it's been posted yet)? A pretty...interesting interpretation of K. Rool's character, if you ask me.

DKC is anti-USA? I think I actually like it better now. :laugh:

Rooseveldt was a ******* btw.

Also, am not eating Chiquita bananas anymore.

Nice video, and very creative moveset to. Especially the Final Smash. Welcome to the thread, and the forum ;)

Also John, that was awesome.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think I might've teared up. Inspirational.
Let's just say I took it from a film that won the Oscar for Best Film.... :chuckle:
But srsly John, way to build up the hype. TO WAR, KOMRADES! THE DAY IS DAWNING WHERE WE WILL SEE OUR KOMMANDER RESTORED TO HIS FORMER GLORY!
Reaching our former glory is not the goal; our goal is TO REACH A NEW UNPRECEDENTED LEVEL OF GREATNESS!!!

Don't you see=??? THESE WILL BE OUR GLORY DAYS!!!
DKC is anti-USA? I think I actually like it better now. :laugh:
Not at all. That theory is crazy.
Rooseveldt was a ******* btw.
Which one=???
-Teddy, aside from his military actions in the Spanish-American War (which we can't really blame him, since that tanker did look like the Spanish blew it up, when actually it was an explosion in the ship), re-created America to where the middle class was well off (and created laws that protected workers).
-His nephew Franklin, although doing many racist things (red lining, keeping the military segregated, putting Japanese-Americans in concentration camps even though during World War II they were the best Americans), he did help America (specifically in a way that a Great Depression will never happen again).
Also John, that was awesome.
Don't thank me; thank America Australia Scotland.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
My god, that's amazing. I never even thought of that, and it's the single greatest thing of all time. I can just picture the online trolling. That is truly the best. :shades:

I think my favorite FS idea is still Kannonball Barrage or the Blast-o-Matic, but Kredits is still a neat idea.
That was literally the best Final Smash idea since my idea (from literally 2007) that each character should have two final smash (one transformation, one super attack), the former of which there would be a game mode where you could battle different transformation characters (ie: Giga Bowser vs. a Landmaster Tank vs. Super Sonic vs. Gyro ROB). No really, that's amazing, and EASILY the best Final Smash move idea I've heard since Brawl was released.
Nice video, and very creative moveset to. Especially the Final Smash.
Glad you all like it

Welcome to the thread, and the forum ;)

Top Bottom