• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, all the likely newcomers have something against them... but, assuming we see at least three new characters, I definitely think that K.Rool is among the top three most likely, even if he isn't necessarily the most likely. I'm going to be really weirded out if I'm wrong on this one... he's popular worldwide and first party, which is definitely more than can be said for a lot of other popular newcomers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread has crossed 90,000 views. We're still ahead of the Ridley thread by roughly 11,000. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am hoping he is shown tomorrow (crossing fingers) but I am unsure. Nintendo sometimes shows dislike for Rare characters or characters they didn't create internally. Took 3 games before Diddy Kong was finally in Smash.

Nintendo isn't Sakurai, and Sakurai has never shown dislike for DKC characters. Note, in K. Rool's Melee trophy, how he even referenced K. Rool's comedic value and his resulting respectable fanbase because of it. Besides, Sakurai's already recognized people being perplexed about Diddy not being in Melee.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
and yet, it has over 1000 more replies. :/
Actually the number of replies is an indicator of how popular a character is within SmashBoards.

Considering that the mysterious 27,000 views came from outside the site, K. Rool might be more popular overall. There isn't much of a gap between them on Shortie's poll either.
Ridley 538
King K. Rool 527
A minscule difference of 9 votes in a sample of 1031 votes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Actually the number of replies is an indicator of how popular a character is within SmashBoards.

Considering that the mysterious 27,000 views came from outside the site, K. Rool might be more popular overall. There isn't much of a gap between them on Shortie's poll either.
Ridley 538
King K. Rool 527
A minscule difference of 9 votes in a sample of 1031 votes.
in the end, does it really matter who's more popular? as long as they both get in, it really doesn't matter.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
in the end, does it really matter who's more popular? as long as they both get in, it really doesn't matter.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. As long as their popularity assists them in becoming playable (If it hasn't already, since the roster has likely been decided a while ago) that's pretty much what matters.

I just want to see K. Rool. Everything else in the entire game, aside from possibly Takamaru, my other must-have, is icing on the cake, really.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am hoping he is shown tomorrow (crossing fingers) but I am unsure. Nintendo sometimes shows dislike for Rare characters or characters they didn't create internally. Took 3 games before Diddy Kong was finally in Smash.
The lack of Rare characters in Melee had nothing to do with Rare dislike, but rather the legal limbo Rare was in (at least that's what I think).
Both Ridley and K. Rool are really popular, and should be playable, END OF DISCUSSION!!! :shades:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Now that we've brought up this thread's views, I'll openly wonder whether it will receive more or less views than it did during that one week in late March/early April.

As I've said before, I'm certainly not expecting K. Rool to show up tomorrow, but I would be over the moon if it came to be. At this point, I'm really just hoping to get some other heavy-hitting characters revealed so the Kutthroats can lay claim to SWF's new undisputed biggest character support thread. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The biggest reason I want K. Rool to be unveiled ASAP is not for the hype of it (because I am fairly positive he is playable), but so we can all shift our attention to HYPING UP DIXIE KONG FOR SMASH WII U AND 3DS!!!

Seriously, she's so underrated, and she could be such a great character, and I feel like she is currently a 50/50 character, and that this shouldn't be so. Once we get the next big DKC character out of the way (K. Rool, who I also really want; he's my most wanted Nintendo-owned newcomer, along with Ridley), I can support her moreso. And if Ridley is confirmed as well, then she'll be my most wanted Nintendo-owned character!!! :grin:

I know once Wario was confirmed, I was able to shift all my attentions to Diddy Kong, especially since Sonic (another one of my most wanted character) and King Dedede (same thing) were in my eyes de facto confirmed by the Snake and Meta Knight confirmations (which I was obviously right about that).
[collapse="Re-posting this to create some hype"]
I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,​
AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRYMEN...​
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!​
You have come to become K. Rool supporters...​
...and K. Rool supporters you are!!!​
What will you do without K. Rool in Smash (again)=???
Will you be vocal=???​
Be vocal of your support, and you might be trolled!!!​
Be silent, and you'll be troll-free...​
...for at least a while.​
And hearing the K. Rool haters many years from now,​
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that (day) for ONE CHANCE​
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE​
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES​
THAT THEY MAY HATE ON US,​
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR LOVE OF K. ROOL!!!
[/collapse]

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
what if dixie got in and not K. Rool? that would be stupid, it would be like giving us zero suit samus and not ridley!

...oh wait.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would be more hyped for K Rool than Ridley. In fact K Rool would be up there in hype (not as high as Megaman or Pac-Man).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I would be more hyped for K Rool than Ridley. In fact K Rool would be up there in hype (not as high as Megaman or Pac-Man).
I am more hyped for ridley because of a couple reasons, including I am currently playing through super metroid, but K. Rool is up there for me too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Now that I think about it, Dixie Kong getting confirmed before K. Rool would IMO de facto confirm K. Rool the same way Meta Knight de facto confirmed King Dedede, so that would actually be my preferred action. :)

BTW in case you don't know, "de facto" means roughly "as a matter of fact."

As in "if X happens, then Y happens," which in this case X is Dixie Kong and Y is K. Rool! :shades:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really hope both K Rool and Dixie make it. I actually want Dixie to be gimmick with Kiddy Kong as a duo like Sakurai planned for her and Diddy. That would be fun and give us even another DKC character.

Or perhaps put Dixie with Tiny or Lanky since Kiddy isn't very popular.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why not Dixie alongside Tiny Kong? Their both sisters and I can imagine Dixie borrowing some of Tiny's tricks if she were made playable such as her crossbow and all. Plus the whole floating thing wouldn't look as awkward. But I guess that's just me... :/

Oh well, this stuff belongs to the Dixie thread anyway's. Back to K. Rool.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think K. Rool will be slightly intimidating in appearance, but he definitely will be something of a goof ball, and will still probably look like a very PG-friendly character with some bright colors.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think K. Rool will be slightly intimidating in appearance, but he definitely will be something of a goof ball, and will still probably look like a very PG-friendly character with some bright colors.
So.... like his original appearance?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pretty much yeah, except he'd be a bit more zany like he kinda was in Donkey Kong 64 (like when you fought him in that game). He'd be like a mix of Bowser and Wario in that he's not a full blown villain, but he is, but he has some anti-hero humorous qualities as well.

D

Deleted member

This thread has crossed 90,000 views. We're still ahead of the Ridley thread by roughly 11,000. :laugh:
And people said Ridley was too big for Sm4sh. :troll:

Like BKupa, I am also not expecting King K. Rool, but I would be really hyped to see him finally make an appearance.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just want to SEE his new design. I'm getting tired of the Jungle Climber art being the most recent available art. I'd like to go ahead and see it so we can get some new art.

I'll bet that's how Diddy folks felt pre-Brawl. (I joined the community right after Diddy's confirmation)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think King K. Raid is one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why not Dixie alongside Tiny Kong? Their both sisters and I can imagine Dixie borrowing some of Tiny's tricks if she were made playable such as her crossbow and all. Plus the whole floating thing wouldn't look as awkward. But I guess that's just me... :/

Oh well, this stuff belongs to the Dixie thread anyway's. Back to K. Rool.
I did propose that and only negative I can think of is that both Dixie and Tiny share moves so they would be too similar while Kiddy/Chunky or Lanky offer a new playstyle.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the same boat. I hope K. Rool doesn't retain his current Paon look, as I prefer his Rareware design much more. Hopefully, he'll have a bigger crown, connected eyes, a tail, and a golden belly the next time I see him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Give him his DKC 1-3/DK64 look(s), possibly modified. It's not that hard to do, especially since no one liked his Jungle Climber look, or any of his appearances since then.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool really got robbed of new art in Sluggers, since, like many characters, his recent render was recycled, just with his Egyptian clothing in this case. I, too, will be thrilled to see it ushered out in favor of a new Smash design, which will almost certainly be better than Paon's. In terms of characterization, he'll be villainous, though with comical hints of craziness here and there.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
IN THE REDDDD CORNERRRR!!!
*K.Rool haters*
BOO !!! BLEH BOOOOO BOOOO!!!

ANDDDD

IN THR BLUEEE CORNERRRR!!!

YAAAA FUNK YOU !!!

KrushaKrool01sm.jpg

What can i say...just showing love for my number 1 most loved Nintendo Villian soo humorous deadly and damnn near invincible!!

K.ROOL 4 SM4SH K.ROOL 4 E3 !!!!!

Top Bottom