• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok kremlings, hows this DLC pak sound?
>Out Glorious King as a fighter, who uses his gadgets and wakky moves to trick opponents
>Dixie, who has a float like Peach to be a great aerial fighter
>New Stage in Gangplank Galleon
>The following added to the game as music or remixes: Fear Factory, Krazy Kremland, Hot Head Bop, Gangplank Galleon Remix, Crocodile Cacophony Remix, DKC2 Boss Theme, Punch Bowl, and Mining Melancholy.
DK DLC Pak, would you buy?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
>Out Glorious King as a fighter, who uses his gadgets and wakky moves to trick opponents
>The following added to the game as music or remixes: Fear Factory, Krazy Kremland, Hot Head Bop, Gangplank Galleon Remix, Crocodile Cacophony Remix, DKC2 Boss Theme, Punch Bowl, and Mining Melancholy.
Too good to be true. Course I'd buy it, though, lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I never understood why the Rare fanbase always considered the Banjo games better than DK 64. I like both, but I always preferred DK because of all the Kongs and the fact you got to use guns and instruments was really cool.
DK64 was better because of the multiplayer in my opinion.

And I think I'm weird.

I love Banjo Kazooie, but I don't really like Banjo Tooie.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I never understood why the Rare fanbase always considered the Banjo games better than DK 64. I like both, but I always preferred DK because of all the Kongs and the fact you got to use guns and instruments was really cool.
I consider them equal as well as all of Rare's past golden age games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

And I think I'm weird.

The multiplayer was pretty damn good, really. They'd definitely need to make that work again in a remake.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

And I think I'm weird.

Tooie was a strange game indeed, it had an overall different tone than Banjo-Kazooie and had more, darker toned events that could have been better developed. The Dinosaur World was god-dang incredible though.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Tooie was a strange game indeed, it had an overall different tone than Banjo-Kazooie and had more, darker toned events that could have been better developed. The Dinosaur World was god-dang incredible though.
I love Tooie for the sheer variety of moves, especially the ability to split up. Screw Banjo, just take to the skies with Kazooie, spinning through foes and flying around with no feather costs!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think the BK games found a better balance between platforming and collecting.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the BK games found a better balance between platforming and collecting.
Well, I'd agree with you with the first one.

But I much prefer DK64 to Tooie in that regard.

I dunno. Tooie just felt too big and convoluted for my tastes.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, I'd agree with you with the first one.

But I much prefer DK64 to Tooie in that regard.

I dunno. Tooie just felt too big and convoluted for my tastes.
Tooie was a perfect follow up. For me, if I want a breezy game then I go to BK. If I want a more thorough, in depth game that's challenging then Tooie hits the spot.

DK64 is great too, it's a top 10 of all time for me, but I prefer BK and BT.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Add Chunky as an assist trophy and I'm sold.

I'm still sad about that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You betcha that I would buy! I certainly would.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Donkey Kong 64 is intimidating for most players due to the sheer amount of collectibles. They artificially padded the game's length by forcing you to switch characters in order to get certain bananas and blueprints. While there was a lot of backtracking in the Banjo games, Tooie in particular, it wasn't as extreme as what we saw with DK64. What I like about Tooie the most is how expansive the environments are. We haven't really seen anything like it since, and, due to budget limitations, I don't think this "spiritual successor" will capture that scope either. It makes me sad knowing that, in 2015, we're getting more 2D platformers than 3D platformers. Like, it's time to move on. Hasn't the technology evolved? The NES nostalgia is going to wear off eventually.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong 64 is intimidating for most players due to the sheer amount of collectibles. They artificially padded the game's length by forcing you to switch characters in order to get certain bananas and blueprints. While there was a lot of backtracking in the Banjo games, Tooie in particular, it wasn't as extreme as what we saw with DK64. What I like about Tooie the most is how expansive the environments are. We haven't really seen anything like it since, and, due to budget limitations, I don't think this "spiritual successor" will capture that scope either. It makes me sad knowing that, in 2015, we're getting more 2D platformers than 3D platformers. Like, it's time to move on. Hasn't the technology evolved? The NES nostalgia is going to wear off eventually.
I don't want them to stop doing 2D platformers. I love 2D platformers. I just want more companies to make 3D platformers.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Needs a tropical freeze stage, I'd love a frozen over DK Island set outside DK's house with vines you can swing on

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will never understand why the DK series is incessantly **** on by people in the Nintendo Fan community.
The absence of King K Rool (Or even Dixie Kong) as fighters is honestly CRIMINAL.
Cause we actually don't like Nintendo's influence on the series. Often made out for Rare loyalists and what not.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Cause we actually don't like Nintendo's influence on the series. Often made out for Rare loyalists and what not.
If it weren't for Nintendo then DK wouldn't exist in the first place and if it wasn't for Rare then DK wouldn't be as well known as he is today. Just some other forgotten enemy in Mario's past.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Mingy Jongo actually was teasing something...

I don't even have words. The old guys from Rare are making a game like Banjo...

This is greater than Rayman, Snake, and the King getting into Smash.

Banjo always held the highest place of any game/series for me, and even though it isn't him... It may as well be. He'll always hold that place, as a long dead memory, but the spirit of the franchise is coming back. I have full faith in this game.

It feels like my life is coming back to me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Apparently, these are from the Banjo successor.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hello, Kutthroats!
(Wow, that's not exactly something I ever thought I'd say)

I've been lurking this thread from the shadows for.. About a year. I finally joined the website, and of course, I'd like to join this merry pirate crew. I don't have an awful lot of experience with K. Rool, but I've always thought he was a cool character, and I'd love to see him in Smash.

What can I say?

..Because I'm one of you,
One of you,
Same crew!
Nothing I can do,
I can see I'm one of you!
One of you,
One of you, the same crew!

I'M REALLY ONE OF YOU!!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hello, Kutthroats!
(Wow, that's not exactly something I ever thought I'd say)

I've been lurking this thread from the shadows for.. About a year. I finally joined the website, and of course, I'd like to join this merry pirate crew. I don't have an awful lot of experience with K. Rool, but I've always thought he was a cool character, and I'd love to see him in Smash.

What can I say?

..Because I'm one of you,
One of you,
Same crew!
Nothing I can do,
I can see I'm one of you!
One of you,
One of you, the same crew!

I'M REALLY ONE OF YOU!!

Obligatory "Don't drink the - oh wait. Wrong kharakter.
Move along.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Obligatory "Don't drink the - oh wait. Wrong kharakter.
Move along.
Well, Ridley fans got their "Don't drink the water," and we've got "Now you're One of Us!" Sad that we won't be seeing "Don't drink the water" anymore for another 4 years at least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is this new game coming out for Wii U, or also on other consoles? It would be a shame if Nintendo would let these guys go... They should handle Donkey Kong Country, that's a definate fact!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is this new game coming out for Wii U, or also on other consoles? It would be a shame if Nintendo would let these guys go... They should handle Donkey Kong Country, that's a definate fact!
What new game? The Playtonic Games one?

Not known yet. Its going to be on STEAM first, but one of their goals is Wii U. However, there's nothing stopping them from considering releasing it on other consoles.

By the way, where did the "Don't drink the water" start from?
I have no idea lol. I joined the Ridley thread when it was around 800 and it existed before that point.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Completely agree, they were the guys who originally made Donkey Kong Country in the first place and knew how to handle it well (not saying Retro hasn't done a descent job with it either of course) afterall.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think they necessarily want to return to DKC. It is a possibility, but don't jump on the bandwagon just yet. We haven't seen this game come out yet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Back to K. Rool discussion (wait, what??), what do you all think the odds are of him becoming DLC if he was one of the mysterious "low priority characters" cut out of SSB4 during its early development? Would they reuse any potential assets or ideas, or shelve them in favor of some misc. character who appeared for three seconds in a trailer last Nintendo Direct?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Back to K. Rool discussion (wait, what??), what do you all think the odds are of him becoming DLC if he was one of the mysterious "low priority characters" cut out of SSB4 during its early development? Would they reuse any potential assets or ideas, or shelve them in favor of some misc. character who appeared for three seconds in a trailer last Nintendo Direct?
I think they'd definitely go with K. Rool if he was planned, especially because I definitely think he's coming back to DKC soon. Even if he wasn't planned I think there's a pretty good chance they'd consider adding him in future DLC from his massive popularity alone.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Hey Kutthroats. It's been awhile since I've been around. Time tough, time tough. Anything noteworthy pertaining to K. Rool come up recently? Here's something I did on Pokémon Art Academy to satiate my desire for a new K. Rool appearance (it's been done before I'm sure, but meh). Thought some of you might like King K. Rookodile!

K. Rookodile.png

Not my best work, honestly. A rather quick doodle, really, but I thought I might join in on the tons of fan art that gets shared around here. I'll probably touch it up some more when I find the time, since like I said, it's not as good as I'm capable of doing.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It depends how far along he was, and if the ideas they had for his moveset made it into other characters.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As @ TheAnvil TheAnvil said, plus bump up his priority if a new Donkey Kong Country game is revealed in the near future.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't Nintendo just buy "New Rare" and fuse it with Retro Studios? So the studio grows bigger and can handle more projects at once? Say, Donkey Kong and Metroid? DKCR spin-offs to for once in a while? Man... If these developers would work for Nintendo that'd be just as good as getting Rare back!

Top Bottom