• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I have to admit, after seeing this, I think I'd rather be a henchman for Bowser. 0_0

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
This scene with the Kasplat just shows me, what a badass King K. Rool was back in the day. Sure, the whole scene was shot in silly, cartoony way, but still it doesn't ignores the fact that King K. Rool killed of one of his own henchmen for failing him.

To bad Nintendo/Paon turned KKR in the new few games he was in a such generic videogame boss with absolutely now charm and style at all. Now wonder, people are trying to forget him. Nintendo turned him into a completely wimp.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You guys think the third Donkey Kong Country Returns game should be a little more darker than the previous 2? I mean, it can still have Retro's game graphics but have an old school Rareware feeling to it also (particularly DKC1 and DKC2 for SNES), I'd also love to see more swampy and ship levels you know, being how the kremlings ARE crocodiles and all, and the pirate ships would be a nodd to DKC1-2. Perhaps a mixture of military, pirate, dkc3, and DK64 kremlings would be cool too see too, maybe each variation of them can appear in certain worlds or levels too. Just my ideas anyway. Oh, and of course keep David Wise for the music. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Darker theme? Oh yes please. And bring back DK's stripes on his fur. I'd like this game to look a little more rough around the edges. Maybe in art style to? I love the way how Retro drew their concept art for Returns. If they went with a slightly more dark themed jungle style as especially DKC1 didmwell, and the darkness and debt of DKC2, plus old tag teams, more difference between the Kong's abilities, 4 Player Mode, King K.Rool and the Kremling Krew, more semi 3D action, Jungle Beat-like boss fights, better map screen and this will be a game I'll play forever.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't mind a darker themed DK game again. DKC2 and DK64 were really dark in theme, and DKC3 was darker than DKC/Returns/TF.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Would really like to see the King make a DLC appearance, or at least a nice Mod for PM

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know which kremlings that we have'nt seen for a long time which I think would be pretty cool to see again as well, this time in 3-D graphics? those pesky and scary looking Rock Crocs. I mean, those dark silhouttes and red glowing eyes, it's a win in my book.

Rock_krock3.jpg

Rockroc2.jpg

I'd like to see all the kremlings from the past DKC series all return all in one. Heck, there's no way they can NOT have any amiibo features for the game too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I did it.

I recorded K.Rool's portion of the song all dramatic like.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1A64YJLT5nA

And I sung both parts for fun.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nqFiHiOLGL

And because practice made something kind of funny.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0l3leFkbiMD

I DID WHAT I COULD. MY VOICE SOUNDS WEIRD.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666
@Xzsmmc

I said I would do it.

Although I'm not sure how good it is.
Heh heh! I must admit, you did a pretty good K Rool voice there, especially in the first link. Nice job!

You know which kremlings that we have'nt seen for a long time which I think would be pretty cool to see again as well, this time in 3-D graphics? those pesky and scary looking Rock Crocs. I mean, those dark silhouttes and red glowing eyes, it's a win in my book.

View attachment 38316
View attachment 38317

I'd like to see all the kremlings from the past DKC series all return all in one. Heck, there's no way they can NOT have any amiibo features for the game too.
It's been so long since we last saw those guys, and they only appeared in one level. I would actually like to see those guys again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I did it.

I recorded K.Rool's portion of the song all dramatic like.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1A64YJLT5nA

And I sung both parts for fun.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nqFiHiOLGL

And because practice made something kind of funny.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0l3leFkbiMD

I DID WHAT I COULD. MY VOICE SOUNDS WEIRD.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666
@Xzsmmc

I said I would do it.

Although I'm not sure how good it is.
Man, this is brilliant. If only we could have some remixed background music to accompany it, heh.

Since Rock Krocs have glowing eyes and all, Retro could make use of them to terrifying effect in silhouette levels.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
On the subject of SSBWii U stages again, name 2 new DK stages for dlc you'd like to have and what songs you'd love to hear play on them, for me it's:

Gangplank Galleon (obvious answer lol)

1. Rock Remix of Gangplank Galleon
2. Crocodile Cacophony
3. King K. Rool Medley
4. Lockjaw's Saga
5. Jib Jig
6. Gloomy Galleon

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze Stage

1. Tropical Freeze Main title theme
2. Homecoming Hijinx
3. Lord Fredrik's theme
4. Punch Bowl aka Bashmaster's theme
5. Snow Mountain theme from Donky Kong Country for SNES
6. Frozen Frenzy aka Fear Factory

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Considering the kid who made that Ridley PSA is stuck between Zant and K.Rool, who knows?
If he's looking for another project I'd like to see him try Krool out, he did good on ridley (haven't physicaly tried it, but looks well made)

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
My Ideas:

Gangplank Galeone (DUH!)
- King K. Rool Battle (Metal-Remix)
- Kaptain K. Rool Battle
- Baron K. Roolenstein Battle
- Battle agianst King Krusha Rool (DK64)
- Crocodile Cacophony

Also wouldn't it be cool to see some Kremlings like Kritter, Klump, Krusha, Kopter, Ka-Boom etc. as a Metal-Band in the Background, playing some of KKR's Remixes?

Frozen DK Island
- Lord Fredrik's Theme
- Battle against Pompy
- Battle against Bashmaster
- Battle against Skowl
- Snowmad's Theme

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My Ideas:

Gangplank Galeone (DUH!)
- King K. Rool Battle (Metal-Remix)
- Kaptain K. Rool Battle
- Baron K. Roolenstein Battle
- Battle agianst King Krusha Rool (DK64)
- Crocodile Cacophony

Also wouldn't it be cool to see some Kremlings like Kritter, Klump, Krusha, Kopter, Ka-Boom etc. as a Metal-Band in the Background, playing some of KKR's Remixes?

Frozen DK Island
- Lord Fredrik's Theme
- Battle against Pompy
- Battle against Bashmaster
- Battle against Skowl
- Snowmad's Theme
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Crocodile Cacophony the Kaptain K.Rool theme?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Got around to watching the Be Prepared vid in the OP.

Somehow, it sounded oddly fitting for King K. Rool.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Gangplank Galleon

- Gangplank Galleon
- Crocodile Cacophany
- Big Boss Blues
- Baron Battle (remix from GBA remake)
- Hot Head Bop
- Lockjaw's Saga
- Jib Jig
- Stickerbush Symphony (remix)

100m

- Donkey Kong - Title Theme (remix)
- Donkey Kong - Ending Theme (remix)
- Hammer Theme (remix)
- Mario Bros Theme (remix)
- Fear Factory
- Gangplank Galleon (8-bit remix)

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys. I maybe have an idea for a new setting for a future DK-Game. How a bout some time traveling setting like Naughtydog did it with Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped? DK and his gang (Diddy, Tiny, Lanky and Chunky) get suck in some get portal and have to fight true 8 different time periods.

1. Stone Age
2. Egypt
3. Rome
4. Medieval
5. Pirate Island
6. Viking Island
7. Retro Arcade Time
8. Future

In each Time World you have to fight against King K. Rool, who has a different appearance.

1. Ötzi Rool - Cave crocodile with a club as a weapon, animal skin clothes and longer teeth.
2. Tutan K. Rool - Maybe we can use the outfit he wore in Mario Sluggers? Omly with time with a pharaoh hat.
3. Julius K. Sear - A parody o Julias Ceasar - This time he will not fight against the Kongs- but Krusha will in a colosseum themed arena as a gladiator.
4. Green Knight - K. Rool will be her an evil knight who rides on a huge Army against the Kongs.
5. Kaptain K. Rool - DUH!
6. Olaf K. Rool - Maybe teaming up with an ancestor of Lord Fredrik? K. Rool fights with a hug battle axe.
7. King K. Rool will appear as a 16-bit version of himself. The fight is a homage of the first battle against him in DKC.
8. King K. Rool will be seen as a terminator like parody in the future, where DK Island is nothing more than a metallic, steampunk like Island with no animals and plant life.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Crocodile Cacophony the Kaptain K.Rool theme?
"Aye matey, that there be true".
Gangplank Galleon

- Gangplank Galleon
- Crocodile Cacophany
- Big Boss Blues
- Baron Battle (remix from GBA remake)
- Hot Head Bop
- Lockjaw's Saga
- Jib Jig
- Stickerbush Symphony (remix)

100m

- Donkey Kong - Title Theme (remix)
- Donkey Kong - Ending Theme (remix)
- Hammer Theme (remix)
- Mario Bros Theme (remix)
- Fear Factory
- Gangplank Galleon (8-bit remix)
That last list seems like a troll attempt, lol jk, I respect your choice.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That last list seems like a troll attempt, lol jk, I respect your choice.
Bit of both, honestly. I really and truly do think 100m is a neat stage, for what it is, and it would be quite a left-field choice for a Donkey Kong stage~ ;3

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, according to @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , the mastermind behind PM's Ridley mod, @BaganSmashBros, may try his hand at a K. Rool mod after he's done with his current project. He is, however, seeking a K. Rool model with a tail. . .none come to mind off the top of my head, since the one good K. Rool mod we've seen thus far, made by @TCRhade, is tailless. Anyone know of any others?

For the record, I don't think the King needs a tail in a mod to begin with, although it would be nice to see for the sake of accuracy to his Rare design.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
So, according to @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , the mastermind behind PM's Ridley mod, @BaganSmashBros, may try his hand at a K. Rool mod after he's done with his current project. He is, however, seeking a K. Rool model with a tail. . .none come to mind off the top of my head, since the one good K. Rool mod we've seen thus far, made by @TCRhade, is tailless. Anyone know of any others?

For the record, I don't think the King needs a tail in a mod to begin with, although it would be nice to see for the sake of accuracy to his Rare design.
I could try making something, but my modeling competition rate has been iffy as of late, and I'd need a good reference or two

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

It's worth noting that Bagan will be taking a well deserved break, as Ridley has just been finished.
He also hasn't definitley said that his next character will be K. Rool. It may be somebody else, but since K. Rool would probably be the most demanded, and already has some Paon models for a new model to be based off of (or one could just be edited and fixed up), I'd guess it would be him.

And for what I think an ideal model should look like, I'd settle for a Paon model changed to look more Rare (mainly a tail, bloodshot eye, and maybe even a longer snout and golden gut).
Though a completely new model would be extremely impressive.

Let's also remember not to pressure Bagan. As said above, he MAY do K. Rool, and as I also said above, he really deserves a break. That Ridley mod is one of the best character mods for I've ever seen, even better than the under appreciated Waluigi mod.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 's avatar, hilariously. At least, the head view at the very beginning.
Wait......

He said
the one good K. Rool mod we've seen thus far, made by @TCRhade, is tailless.
BKupa, did you actually forget about the model that's in your avatar, on your screen all times you are on this site? :p

Or am I missing something about the way models work.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just a little something I've made in honor of our beloved kruel king, which also ties in to Diddy Kong still being "broken". Hell, the description for this very meme on Imgur even described K. Rool as doing this out of revenge because Sakurai kouldn't add him in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. I hope you fellow Kuttthoats enjoy this since it was screencapped from one of the best K. Rool songs in the DKC kartoon IMO.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Allow me to introduce you all to... Death...

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I want to become one of you. I support K Rool. I request the king be in Smash so that he may club every character that isn't K Rool in proper form.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
You guys, I think the only hope KKR is, to show Nintendo how much we support him. I mean, see what happen to Rosalina. After Nintendo finally realized how popular she really is, they now put her in any Spin-Off-Game. I think, Nintendo really doesn't know, how popular KKR really is. Not as popular as Bowser, Ganon, Ridley or Dedede, but still one of the most well known villains out there.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
i know we all love one of us songs around here, but why the hell does k rool want dk to be a kremling?
Missed this comment prior, but, in the context of the episode:

At the beginning of the episode, DK gets into an accident and bonks his head with a coconut. He gets amnesia and the Pirate Scurvy tries to convince DK is a pirate with the song "The Mirror Never Lies." DK, not being very smart, falls for a fake mirror where Scurvy acts as DK's reflection.

DK starts acting like a Kremling pirate for a while until he runs into K. Rool, who realized DK doesn't know who he is when he sees DK acting like a pirate. So K. Rool sings "One of Us" to try and convice DK that he's really "Donkey Rool," one of K. Rool's subordinates instead. This works for a while until DK tries to steal the crystal coconut, falls and once again gets bonked on the head with a coconut, snapping him back.

I don't remember the EXACT details, but that's the gist of it.

Top Bottom