• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
In a MAJOR role. Impa's only real major role in the series is Skyward Sword. And half the time she's an old woman.

Rayman fits better into Smash than Snake honestly.
Does it really matter what her role was? The fact is she has appeared in a bunch of games all across the Zelda timeline and has always played a larger role than most NPCs, acting as the protector to Princess Zelda, especially in Ocarina of Time, where she actively saved Zelda from ganondorf and taught her the ways of the sheikah which then allowed her to become sheik.

There's a bunch of people that want characters like Tingle and skull kid who despite having more than one role across the series aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things. Right now the only always important characters who've appeared in multiple games across the franchise are link, zelda and ganondorf. There is LITERALLY, NO ONE else

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Does it really matter what her role was? The fact is she has appeared in a bunch of games all across the Zelda timeline and has always played a larger role than most NPCs, acting as the protector to Princess Zelda, especially in Ocarina of Time, where she actively saved Zelda from ganondorf and taught her the ways of the sheikah which then allowed her to become sheik.

There's a bunch of people that want characters like Tingle and skull kid who despite having more than one role across the series aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things. Right now the only always important characters who've appeared in multiple games across the franchise are link, zelda and ganondorf. There is LITERALLY, NO ONE else
Blue Pig Ganon is way more important to the series than any of the other potential Zelda reps thrown around, and more important than Sheik, Toon Link, and arguably Ganondorf himself.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Blue Pig Ganon is way more important to the series than any of the other potential Zelda reps thrown around, and more important than Sheik, Toon Link, and arguably Ganondorf himself.
I really can't see them adding Ganon of all characters, he's just another variation of Ganondorf and obviously people "Love" when they add those

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If we get no new heavyweight character in this game even as dlc then this will be the first super smash bros. game that lacks a new big guy, which would actually worry me for the next smash game if Mr. Sakurai is involved again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well. . .well. . .Rayman was a character very few people actually expected to see as DLC, one who was created by a Western developer and who had a Twitter movement to add him into Smash! All of that bodes well for K. Rool!

I wish.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well. . .well. . .Rayman was a character very few people actually expected to see as DLC, one who was created by a Western developer and who had a Twitter movement to add him into Smash! All of that bodes well for K. Rool!

I wish.
Rayman DLC honestly feels like a blatant confirmation of more character DLC than just Mewtwo. Rool is also among the better candidates due to the high chance of him appearing in future games, massive popularity, and massive potential. Dixie is pretty close, but she does look like she could be a cross between DK and Diddy, which might hurt her potential a bit in Sakurai's eyes.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Rayman DLC honestly feels like a blatant confirmation of more character DLC than just Mewtwo. Rool is also among the better candidates due to the high chance of him appearing in future games, massive popularity, and massive potential. Dixie is pretty close, but she does look like she could be a cross between DK and Diddy, which might hurt her potential a bit in Sakurai's eyes.
Minus the Up B (Which could be very different) I still don't see how she would be anything like DK. Diddy as well if they actually try and make full use of her hair

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I really can't see them adding Ganon of all characters, he's just another variation of Ganondorf and obviously people "Love" when they add those
Well, yeah, but they've already done it with Link and Zelda so they might as well go all the way. We might even get a canon moveset.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, if Sakurai qualifies Mewtwo as a veteran then that would mean one veteran and one Newcomer per DLC, maybe.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

I think tingle deserves to be in as the next zelda game because he has had tons of appearances and has 3 of his own games

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I wish.
Isn't France technically Eastern? Since Europe and all that is considered East? Sorry, that just really bugs me.

Tingle hasn't appeared in an actual Zelda game since wind waker though
Hyrule Warriors.

Not main line, but it's notable.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tingle hasn't appeared in an actual Zelda game since wind waker though
No, his last game was Minish Cap, which isn't much better.

he was in minish cap, and the dorf hasn't appeared since twilight princess
See, here's the difference:

Ganondorf is the MAIN ANTAGONIST every time he appears.

Tingle is a MINOR SIDE CHARACTER every time he appears.

The ONLY game where Tingle is a mandatory character at all is Wind Waker, and his role is miniscule at best. Tingle is NOT a major Zelda character. He's a popular recurring character who got his own spinoffs. That's it. He's NOT a major character.

Minus the Up B (Which could be very different) I still don't see how she would be anything like DK. Diddy as well if they actually try and make full use of her hair
I agree, but you have to realize that Dixie does not show that at face value. IT DOESN'T MATTER what WE think. What matters is what SAKURAI thinks. And Dixie, at face value, is just a cross between DK and Diddy. Chrom honestly reminds me of Dixie in that sense. He would be unique, but he'd just be a cross between DK and Diddy.

Dixie is another Kong. She already has this factor that makes her look like Diddy. With her base capabilities, she can replace things that DK and Diddy use with her hair. Her Up+B would be similar to DK, her Down+B could be similar to DK (pounds ground with hair), she could pick up enemies above her head with her hair... which is like DK as well.

They'd have to create new moves for her from scratch to give her an original moveset, otherwise she just attacks by using her hair in place of other attacks DK and Diddy use. I fully believe she could have an entirely 100% original moveset, but will Sakurai do that? In fact, this is a major reason why I think we still could get K. Rool and Dixie; Rool is a fully original character and Dixie is a semiclone.

Yes he was
Actually no he wasn't. Ganon was merged with Yuga for the final boss, but Ganon was not the main antagonist, Yuga was.

Not that it matters at all. There's a huge different between "main antagonist" throughout most of the series and "minor side character who got his own games."

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No, his last game was Minish Cap, which isn't much better.

See, here's the difference:

Ganondorf is the MAIN ANTAGONIST every time he appears.

Tingle is a MINOR SIDE CHARACTER every time he appears.

The ONLY game where Tingle is a mandatory character at all is Wind Waker, and his role is miniscule at best. Tingle is NOT a major Zelda character. He's a popular recurring character who got his own spinoffs. That's it. He's NOT a major character.

I agree, but you have to realize that Dixie does not show that at face value. IT DOESN'T MATTER what WE think. What matters is what SAKURAI thinks. And Dixie, at face value, is just a cross between DK and Diddy. Chrom honestly reminds me of Dixie in that sense. He would be unique, but he'd just be a cross between DK and Diddy.

Dixie is another Kong. She already has this factor that makes her look like Diddy. With her base capabilities, she can replace things that DK and Diddy use with her hair. Her Up+B would be similar to DK, her Down+B could be similar to DK (pounds ground with hair), she could pick up enemies above her head with her hair... which is like DK as well.

They'd have to create new moves for her from scratch to give her an original moveset, otherwise she just attacks by using her hair in place of other attacks DK and Diddy use. I fully believe she could have an entirely 100% original moveset, but will Sakurai do that? In fact, this is a major reason why I think we still could get K. Rool and Dixie; Rool is a fully original character and Dixie is a semiclone.

Actually no he wasn't. Ganon was merged with Yuga for the final boss, but Ganon was not the main antagonist, Yuga was.

Not that it matters at all. There's a huge different between "main antagonist" throughout most of the series and "minor side character who got his own games."
How is chrom in anyway like dixie? Chrom has literally nothing unique about him, nothing about him is original and he looks and would play like a combination of Marth and Ike. While Dixie has her hair as a unique weapon, it's her thing that makes her stick out from the rest of the DK characters and as a character she could offer more than chrom ever could, being a character with a great aerial game as well as range

At face value a lot of SSB4 newcomers don't look to offer much at face value either, Rosalina was dismissed as a peach clone, bowser jr as a tiny bowser, greninja as a sheik clone, Little mac who punches and does nothing more (While true a unique approach is taken with his terrible air game), Wii fit trainer and villager as characters who can't fight, Shulk as "Just another swordfighter". People thought these characters would be boring but Sakurai was able to make something really unique out of all of them

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Off topic but why isn't there a Ridley thread? I mean we still have these threads even though most are unlikely of ever being playable.

*back on topic*

I think Rayman being another character does increase DK franchise chances of getting a new character. I hope there are Maori characters being worked on as we speak :) ridley and King k roll with Mewtwo and Rayman would easily be a million dollar seller.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
How is chrom in anyway like dixie? Chrom has literally nothing unique about him, nothing about him is original and he looks and would play like a combination of Marth and Ike. While Dixie has her hair as a unique weapon, it's her thing that makes her stick out from the rest of the DK characters and as a character she could offer more than chrom ever could, being a character with a great aerial game as well as range

At face value a lot of SSB4 newcomers don't look to offer much at face value either, Rosalina was dismissed as a peach clone, bowser jr as a tiny bowser, greninja as a sheik clone, Little mac who punches and does nothing more (While true a unique approach is taken with his terrible air game), Wii fit trainer and villager as characters who can't fight, Shulk as "Just another swordfighter"
Have you even played Awakening? Chrom can easily be hella unique. Sakutai was just too lazy to add him and went with Robin instead. Go to the Chrom support thread and see how unique Chrom can be.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Have you even played Awakening? Chrom can easily be hella unique. Sakutai was just too lazy to add him and went with Robin instead. Go to the Chrom support thread and see how unique Chrom can be.
I highly doubt that, sakurai has gone on record saying that he's basically too boring and has no traits that make him worthwhile as a smash character

"Chrom is a character that could be a great balance between Marth and Ike, similarly to how Roy was a "heavier" Marth. Although another blue haired swordsman might seem passé, his design is different enough from other lords in the series that he stands out more prominently. His Falchion has a different enough look (longer) from Marth that I don't think fears of him being a clone of Marth are a real concern. Chrom can also use lances, as he does once he reaches the Great Lord class, so there exists the possibility for him to utilize that function in his moveset if the developers sought to do so.

Essentially, he's a rather versatile character that could either function as a middle ground between Marth and Ike, or a stance character centered around using both his Falchion and a Lance. The Exalted Falchion also includes healing properties that could be included to make him more unique.

My personal favorite idea is the stance-based moveset. In this scenario, Chrom can instantaneously switch which weapon he is holding (either Falchion or a Lance) to better suit his needs. This is rather symbolic of Fire Emblem itself, which often focuses on selecting the best weapons and units to fit the situation, something that isn't really shown so far in Smash Bros. With the Falchion equipped, more damage and knockback is done, and Chrom is more durable, being able to take more hits. However, he is slightly slower and doesn't have a lot of reach. In the Lance Stance, Chrom is able to reach longer distances due to his longer weapon, and even has a projectile. However, he is lighter, and can more easily be sent flying. Switching between the two can be used to set up some pretty cool tricks and strings."

This amounts to Marth + Ike = Chrom

Also he has a lance but they wouldn't use that since it's not his main weapon and they can't have both because stance changes are impossible

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I highly doubt that, sakurai has gone on record saying that he's basically too boring and has no traits that make him worthwhile as a smash character

Do not get me wrong; I'm not in favor of Chrom, but this move set is pretty damn original.

I was on mobile when I linked this, so skip to 5:00-ish.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Chrom and Robin are equally important to Awakening's plot. None is more important than the other.
Khrom is a prince who leads the shepherds, Lucina is pretty much the female version of that only that the plot allows her to die. Robin is...tied to the plot in a much more important way than Khrom.

Kould K.Rool potentially be a stage hazard in DLC? I certainly hope not but I wonder what people here think Kould happen

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Khrom is a prince who leads the shepherds, Lucina is pretty much the female version of that only that the plot allows her to die. Robin is...tied to the plot in a much more important way than Khrom.

Kould K.Rool potentially be a stage hazard in DLC? I certainly hope not but I wonder what people here think Kould happen
...huh.

Chrom is a prince of royalty(and eventually ascends to the royal position) who leads the Shepherds, has the plot-altering McGuffin which is the Shield Of Seals, who also fathered Lucina. The plot doesn't "allow Lucina to die", because she doesn't, and Classic mode deaths don't count. Robin is equally important as Chrom's most important ally, is the direct cause of the entire thing, and interacts with Chrom extensively throughout. They are both equally important.

...and I just remembered that I have issues arguing with you. Never mind, let's drop it. They are both important, period.

And no, if Rayman DLC may be a thing, there's no reason for KKR to be a boss hazard.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...huh.

Chrom is a prince of royalty(and eventually ascends to the royal position) who leads the Shepherds, has the plot-altering McGuffin which is the Shield Of Seals, who also fathered Lucina. The plot doesn't "allow Lucina to die", because she doesn't, and Classic mode deaths don't count. Robin is equally important as Chrom's most important ally, is the direct cause of the entire thing, and interacts with Chrom extensively throughout. They are both equally important.

...and I just remembered that I have issues arguing with you. Never mind, let's drop it. They are both important, period.

And no, if Rayman DLC may be a thing, there's no reason for KKR to be a boss hazard.
Lucina has all that jazz, I count Classic mode because you get a game over if Chrom or Robin die, but not Lucina, and what do you mean with issues? Also worth noting is the choice at the end of the game, Robin gets the good ending but Chrom doesn't.
I meant in general for DLC, it's clear Mewtwo isn't going to be the only character even if the Rayman leak is fake

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
and they can't have both because stance changes are impossible
I don't see what's wrong with Chrom having a lance strapped to his back and having him bring it out for whatever move requires the lance and then put it back if he wants to use a move that requires the Falchion. Kinda like how Shulk always puts the Monado back on his back (with no visible strap for some reason) after he's done using a move.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
X fits better than Y discussions are sorta irrelevant at the moment considering the leak was a fake.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just gonna call it right now, impa is gonna be in Zelda Wii U. She's been in the last 2 major Zelda titles (Skyward Sword and A link between Worlds), Zelda wii u seems to have TONS of Skyward Sword influence and we've already seen what could be references to the sheikah with eye shaped designs on Link's shield. Plus Hyrule Warriors has made her a much more popular character as of late
We should take this to the Impa thread, cause when you mentoin it like this, you are exactly right!

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Well, Raymangate (I don't expect that name to stick) was a no show :(

But let's not lose faith my Krokodilian Kompanions, the sun never on the Gangplank Galleon and it's King!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Hey I haven't been here in a while, my laptop screen cracked to all hell and I am int he process of transferring all my data to another laptop. REALLY ashamed Rayman was faked, but maybe this is a chance to get him to smashify K. Rool to show people that he's not forgotten and still a viable candidate for Smash DLC.

Top Bottom