• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
We got a kind of "shout-out" I guess in the new GameXplain vid with the guy who made the Rayman fake leak.

Yay! We're famous!! :D (Or infamous depending on your view...)

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
We got a kind of "shout-out" I guess in the new GameXplain vid with the guy who made the Rayman fake leak.

Yay! We're famous!! :D (Or infamous depending on your view...)
When you think of truly dedicated, loyal, handsome, skilled, talented individuals...

You think of K.Rool :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm on my phone right now, what did @HextupleyooDOT say in the video?

(He was a Kutthroat first...I guess the King isn't the only one capable of dirty tricks, heh)

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm on my phone right now, what did @HextupleyooDOT say in the video?

(He was a Kutthroat first...I guess the King isn't the only one capable of dirty tricks, heh)
Nah it wasn't anything he said. It was just a remark from one of the GameXplain guys referencing SB and how there's many passionate forums for fan-favourite characters and they need to be careful with what they choose to discuss or say.

If they said that such-and-such wasn't getting in [to Smash] they'd be slammed for it. (He name-drops K. Rool as the example.)

Which I thought was kind of interesting. Of all characters that'd be the first to come to mind.

My video's got a time-code for the point it comes up. (Around 11:30)

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
We are getting noticed, they've named K. Rool quite a few times in the past too. I remember back during their ToS "leak" discussion they said that the only way that the character list could get better is if King K. Rool was there...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
GameXplain are basically "One of Us" with the stuff they've said pertaining to our King.
OK fine.
Here.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't remember the video. . .might have been some Tropical Freeze one, but I do remember @AndreGX making a comment about how he was sad that K. Rool probably wasn't going to be in Smash because he wasn't revived yet, but that he'd be cool to see in-game. That, plus their video on the Kritters, is a good sign GameXplain is indeed "one of us," heh.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
While I can't claim to be as big a fan as the rest of you, it's pretty awesome to see just how far the influence of your campaign has reached.

and I get credit for being the brainchild of an entire section in that OP :3

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Guys, THE Kevin Bayliss, King K. Rool himself from DKC1-3 and DK64 has now made it well known that he has an official twitter account. Heck, seems like he's even going to be one of the returning rare members of Playtonic. Follow and retweet him while you can, support our King Kutthroats! On a side note he's also the original voice over for Diddy Kong (still my favorite one as well to this day).

https://twitter.com/Kevbayliss

N64_DonkeyKong64_16_mediaplayer_large.png

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm all for more heavyweight fighters personally, and DK really needs a villain representative...plus we need more darn reptiles on this roster. Sign me up for the Kutthroats, then, because K.Rool is actually a pretty good fit for Smash.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Fire Emblem get's its own concert for their 25 th anniversary. It's official. FE is for Nintendo way more important, than DK.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Could you imagine if he faked a K. Rool picture instead of Rayman? I think I would have had a nervous breakdown. Granted, I almost had one anyway. I hate when people pull stunts like this because they're desperate for attention, but y'know, maybe it wasn't so bad after all. It's given Rayman a lot of exposure, and I now expect him to be one of the most requested characters for DLC/Smash 5. Maybe we should rally behind this guy and see if he could make a convincing K. Rool render. It can't hurt, can it?

Guys, THE Kevin Bayliss, King K. Rool himself from DKC1-3 and DK64 has now made it well known that he has an official twitter account. Heck, seems like he's even going to be one of the returning rare members of Playtonic. Follow and retweet him while you can, support our King Kutthroats! On a side note he's also the original voice over for Diddy Kong (still my favorite one as well to this day).

https://twitter.com/Kevbayliss

View attachment 39222
I'll try contacting him. We need all of the exposure we can get, and I'm sure the Playtonic Games crew would love to help.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Could you imagine if he faked a K. Rool picture instead of Rayman? I think I would have had a nervous breakdown. Granted, I almost had one anyway. I hate when people pull stunts like this because they're desperate for attention, but y'know, maybe it wasn't so bad after all. It's given Rayman a lot of exposure, and I now expect him to be one of the most requested characters for DLC/Smash 5. Maybe we should rally behind this guy and see if he could make a convincing K. Rool render. It can't hurt, can it?

I'll try contacting him. We need all of the exposure we can get, and I'm sure the Playtonic Games crew would love to help.
Yeah, he has given Ray,an a lot of exposure and since tons of people thought it was real thing they thought of how awesome its would be for him to be in they a game

Steelia

Smash Champion

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Could you imagine if he faked a K. Rool picture instead of Rayman?
Considering that the Rayman thread was locked, the fallout here would have been much worse...although this thread does have Bkupa as it's overseer, so maybe it would be more controlled.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Considering that the Rayman thread was locked, the fallout here would have been much worse...although this thread does have Bkupa as it's overseer, so maybe it would be more controlled.
We took the ESRB leak and final roster pretty well. I think we'd be majorly disappointed, but there wouldn't be any freakouts.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We took the ESRB leak and final roster pretty well. I think we'd be majorly disappointed, but there wouldn't be any freakouts.
This is the one thread of the Big 3 that I wasn't in at the time of the fallout, so that's news to me.

You guys do seem like a reasonable bunch for reactions anyway.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There was disappointment for sure, but death threats and freakouts? I think we all know better than stooping to that level in here.

Man, if Kevin Bayliss didn't voice DK64 K. Rool, I wonder who did? All of the Wikis listed him as the guy responsible for as long as I can remember.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
There was disappointment for sure, but death threats and freakouts? I think we all know better than stooping to that level in here.

Man, if Kevin Bayliss didn't voice DK64 K. Rool, I wonder who did? All of the Wikis listed him as the guy responsible for as long as I can remember.
Same here, now I'm tempted to find out the real voice actor for him as well as the other characters. As far as I know, Grant Kirkhope only did DK in that game. I guess the next best one we can hope for is Ben Campbell, the K. Rool from the DKC tv show.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
King K Rool reacts to his non-playable status for the second game in a row.

That voice is so amusing.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just a quick little something I did. Wish my light was brighter and the marker wasn't so worn out.
013.JPG

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I feel like it would've hurt a lot more to a larger amount of people than Rayman did. It was very disappointing seeing Rayman not being DLC, but King K. Rool has a much larger fanbase and he's very nostalgic to a lot more Nintendo fans. I could just imagine a wave of mass disappointment across most of the Smash community if Omni had chosen our King instead.

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be that big of an outburst here though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel like it would've hurt a lot more to a larger amount of people than Rayman did. It was very disappointing seeing Rayman not being DLC, but King K. Rool has a much larger fanbase and he's very nostalgic to a lot more Nintendo fans. I could just imagine a wave of mass disappointment across most of the Smash community if Omni had chosen our King instead.

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be that big of an outburst here though.
I doubt there would've been a huge outburst, rather, I think there'd have been MUCH more people denying K. Rool all-together, even from K. Rool fans, because they simply don't think he'll happen. I know I'd be far less likely to buy it if it was K. Rool, not because I don't think they'll add him (I think he's the most likely character after Mewtwo, though I'm not getting my hopes and expectations up for him), but because he IS so much popular, people would be far more suspicious of a leak with K. Rool in it.

Rayman is an interesting niche because people think he has very little chance of being added. A lot of the ESRB leaked characters save Shulk were this as well (because Shulk was already leaked by Gematsu so everyone just thought he was a shoe-in by that point).

The other problem with K. Rool is he'd be getting in by popularity and his past history (at this point, since there's no announced game he's appearing in yet), so people would be much more crticial of a leak containing Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A K. Rool's leak's believability would really hinge on how good the render was. People are smart enough to pick up on re-used models and even fan art, especially his fans who've seen them all after years and years. It's one of the reasons why few people bother including K. Rool in visual leaks rather than text ones.

Remember when this happened?

Everyone saw through it pretty quickly as a crappy edit of this.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So guys, what do you think would be a good pose for K Rool on the character select screen/as an amiibo? I think him playing dead and winking would be hilarious.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So guys, what do you think would be a good pose for K Rool on the character select screen/as an amiibo? I think him playing dead and winking would be hilarious.
I hope for ANYTHING other than the Wario/Ganondorf/Bowser Jr./K. Rool trophy/Wolf trophy/Bass trophy or Mewtwo trophy/Dark Pit/Bowser poses. Getting real sick of seeing so many bad guys using the same idle positions, either having their fists or open hands upwards at an angle, or pointing a hand towards the screen. It's almost like Sakurai doesn't know how to differentiate the personalities of villains or something.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm curious. Does anyone know who created the K. Rool render as seen in @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool 's avatar?
I think it was someone from this thread WAAAAY back. I really like it, I hope Sakurai decides to use something like this for K. Rool if he makes it in ssbwii u/3-ds. I could see Retro making him like this too and with Playtonic (aka the new Rare) coming, I could see him looking like this if they were to get involved doing DK games again which would probably be the closest thing to getting BK back.

P.S. Look who responded to me on twitter. :D

https://twitter.com/fourfivesix7/status/567551397567021056

I can't tell you how awesome it is to see that right now. I wonder if he knows about the kampaign?

Last edited:

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Can the amiibo also have fake Kredits behind him? Seriously though, I can totally see him being on the ground like that, he's a klever one.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know, I just realized something funny, who else would go insane if they ever had to deal with a bunch of monkeys all the time?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You know, I just realized something funny, who else would go insane if they ever had to deal with a bunch of monkeys all the time? xD
I may as well be dealing with a buncha jokahs monkeys all the time the way my brothers act.

Top Bottom