• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That is "ditty".
I just edited my post with what a "diddy" is. Replace the d's with t's, and you see where it's from. Apparently the word is censored, as is the short term for Richard, the alternate term for a rooster, and the common "cute" way to refer to a cat, but we can say things like penis and vagina without censors.
Whoever designed the censor system was a moron.

So pretty much instead of "Small Kong", we have "Boobie Kong".
Diddy was Brittish slang for small IIRC.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You got my support for certain. CRUSH THE DIXIE KONG FANS MWAHAHA
Actually it seems like the consensus in here is that most people want both and feel like DK Trilogy deserves both. However, I think most people, including I, would take K Rool over Dixie if it came to that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suggest that the title of the thread to be changed to "100 Kutthroats Kan't be Wrong."

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
does anyone know of another reptile smash contender not from DK, Metroid or Pokemon? I might do this drawing, but I can't think of a fourth reptile that people might want for ssb4. I won't choose characters that have a lot of hate (or are insignificent), and frogs are amphibians.

any ideas?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
does anyone know of another reptile smash contender not from DK, Metroid or Pokemon? I might do this drawing, but I can't think of a fourth reptile that people might want for ssb4. I won't choose characters that have a lot of hate (or are insignificent), and frogs are amphibians.

any ideas?
How about Bowser Jr? Unless he's "insignificant" to you or whatever. I don't know if he has many haters but he certainly has a number of supporters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

any ideas?
Bowser Jr. perhaps?

EDIT: Ninja'd. :laugh:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

any ideas?
I think Bowser JR can be considered a reptile. I know he has a pretty substantial amount of support.

LOL ^

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
How about Bowser Jr? Unless he's "insignificant" to you or whatever. I don't know if he has many haters but he certainly has a number of supporters.
naw, he's not "insignificant". a character who has been a pain in the butt for basically the entire game for multiple games, including (arguably) three best games for three systems (sunshine-gamecube, galaxy-Wii, NSMBU-Wii U) is NOT insignificant.

thanks, btw. I just forgot about him :/

EDIT: I just realized that 3 out of 4 of the characters are technically villains. what, Nintendo? not like reptiles?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Bring on the K. Rool. Every significant series needs a villain rep imo. We have Bowser for Mario, Dedede for Kirby, Ganondorf for Zelda and Wolf for Starfox. Let's bring Mewtwo back on board for Pokemon, Ridley for Metroid, and K. Rool for Donkey Kong (maybe a Fire Emblem rep too).

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is more of an anti-hero these day's actually. Same thing with Dedede I think...
So are Meta Knight and Wolf. Villain role doesn't necessarily entail pure evil and maliciousness. It simply means they are the rival/enemy/opposition/general nuisance of the main character(s). It doesn't have to be super bitter like Bowser or Ganondorf.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So are Meta Knight and Wolf. Villain role doesn't necessarily entail pure evil and maliciousness. It simply means they are the rival/enemy/opposition/general nuisance of the main character(s). It doesn't have to be super bitter like Bowser or Ganondorf.
Well then, whatever floats your boat I guess...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Villain =/= antagonist character

Villain - Evil character of a story. The character does evil acts.
Antagonist - The character opposes the protagonists.

A villain can be a protagonist, while a hero can be an antagonist.

Meta Knight is not a villain, since he's not evil, but follows his own code of honor. He's an anti-hero who happens to be an antagonist in some games.
Wolf IS a villain. He does commit evil deeds. Perhaps not as villainous as Ganon, but he's still a villain.

Anti-hero - Hero that lacks the usual traits of usual heroes. They may be more cowardly or more dark than the usual hero.
Anti-villain - A villain that commits evil acts, but has good reasons behind such or due to circumstances out of his/her control.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Villain =/= antagonist character

Villain - Evil character of a story. The character does evil acts.
Antagonist - The character opposes the protagonists.

A villain can be a protagonist, while a hero can be an antagonist.

Meta Knight is not a villain, since he's not evil, but follows his own code of honor. He's an anti-hero who happens to be an antagonist in some games.
Wolf IS a villain. He does commit evil deeds. Perhaps not as villainous as Ganon, but he's still a villain.

Anti-hero - Hero that lacks the usual traits of usual heroes. They may be more cowardly or more dark than the usual hero.
Anti-villain - A villain that commits evil acts, but has good reasons behind such or due to circumstances out of his/her control.
Honestly, the technicalities are unnecessary. Believe me, I know the differences. "Villain" is just a simplified term to summarize any antagonist rep. I don't want to have to say: "every series needs a villain/anti-hero/antagonist/anti-villain/rival such as Villain Bowser, Anti-Hero Meta Knight, Villain/Rival Wolf, Anti-Hero/Anti-Villain Mewtwo..."

That'd get old pretty fast no? Besides, does it even matter? My point was that K. Rool should be in. Whether he's a villain/anti-villain/anti-hero/a**hole/delicious chicken dinner/etc.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, the technicalities are unnecessary. Believe me, I know the differences. "Villain" is just a simplified term to summarize any antagonist rep. I don't want to have to say: "every series needs a villain/anti-hero/antagonist/anti-villain/rival such as Villain Bowser, Anti-Hero Meta Knight, Villain/Rival Wolf, Anti-Hero/Anti-Villain Mewtwo..."

That'd get old pretty fast no?
Ah, okay.

It's just that I'm used to using the term antagonist. Spending time on TV Tropes hasn't helped either. :p

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Ah, okay.

It's just that I'm used to using the term antagonist. Spending time on TV Tropes hasn't helped either. :p
Lol did you see my edit? I wasn't being a jerk, just thought it'd be a funny touch. But yeah. I'm just using villain interchangeably for "antagonist". People love playing as the bad guys. I'm no exception.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lol did you see my edit? I wasn't being a jerk, just thought it'd be a funny touch. But yeah. I'm just using villain interchangeably for "antagonist". People love playing as the bad guys. I'm no exception.
Who doesn't? :evil:

There's a reason K. Rool and Ridley are among my most wanted newcomers for SSB4, after all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

any ideas?
General Scales? Hey, he's from Rare too.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
There's Bio Rex from F-Zero, but Samurai Goroh has a higher chance of getting in than him.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I already chose who I'm working on, and so far its looking good.

oh and I specifically did NOT chose general scales, he was too.... um... meh? i didn't really like him too much.

I chose 3 characters that are on the speculation chart, and one I personally support. hey, its my work, I can add who I want:p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
um... I could..... but I won't. i've already decided. no more suggestions please. I want to draw.
You just reminded me. I should really get to work on that Anna drawing for the Anna support thread. Didn't had the chance to do her as I was busy with College stuff. Guess I should go out and draw as well.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I already chose who I'm working on, and so far its looking good.

oh and I specifically did NOT chose general scales, he was too.... um... meh? i didn't really like him too much.

I chose 3 characters that are on the speculation chart, and one I personally support. hey, its my work, I can add who I want:p
In concept Scales was a great character/villain. He just didn't leave behind too much of an impression due to how he got shafted near the end of the game prior to Andross' reveal, and after so much buildup.

Oh, and with him marking like the end of the Nintendo/Rare era. Old Rare always did have a thing for their reptiles.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I really didn't like Scales's design, and plus, its kinda complicated, if I remember correctly.

also drawing without a tablet sucks.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I personally loved Scales's design, along with the rest of the Sharpclaw tribe, but to each their own right? Can understand that being complicated to draw compared to other reptiles though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sharpclaws... I'll forever will miss you as you would be the only thing close to what could've been Kremlings... :/

Seriously, StarFox Adventures should've been a Donkey Kong game...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm of the opinion that Starfox Adventures should have been Dinosaur Planet. Maybe Rare would've had a good new IP to take with them to the Xbox.

Hm...speaking of Rare, does anyone here think that K. Rool might take some material from any of his non-Rare appearances, like the Paon games?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What moves does K. Rool have in the Paon titles? He's got that spinning ball attack from King of Swing, the random-a*s weather controlling as Giga K. Rool from Jungle Climber, and...his hovercraft from Barrel Blast? Am I missing something here?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
He also had fire breath and meteor attacks in Jungle Climber, though after he transformed.

I'd be pretty peeved to see them use his hovercraft for his recovery, but I don't think it's too unlikely.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sharpclaws... I'll forever will miss you as you would be the only thing close to what could've been Kremlings... :/

Seriously, StarFox Adventures should've been a Donkey Kong game...
I'm of the opinion that Starfox Adventures should have been Dinosaur Planet. Maybe Rare would've had a good new IP to take with them to the Xbox.
If either of the above had happened, I'm sure it would've been a lot more appreciated than Adventures was by Star Fox fans, so I kinda agree with both of you.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He also had fire breath and meteor attacks in Jungle Climber, though after he transformed.

I'd be pretty peeved to see them use his hovercraft for his recovery, but I don't think it's too unlikely.
If there's anything I wouldn't want K. Rool using, it's the fire breath.

Not that that could be used to turn him into a Bowser clone, since K. Rool lacks a shell, but since we're already getting Bowser, Charizard, and Ridley as fire breathers, some diversity would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member

It was smart of Rare to change it.
They already gave "maturity" to Conker, they didn't need to ruin DK with it.

Top Bottom