• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I really wouldn't mind seeing DK Jr. He helped popularize the "junior" sequel craze of the early early 80s, and in the days of the arcade, he was basically one of Nintendo's 3 all-stars alongside Mario and DK. He could even have a unique moveset based on the arcade DK games. As long as K Rool gets in, I'm fine with either Junior or Dixie as a fourth DK character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really wouldn't mind seeing DK Jr. He helped popularize the "junior" sequel craze of the early early 80s, and in the days of the arcade, he was basically one of Nintendo's 3 all-stars alongside Mario and DK. He could even have a unique moveset based on the arcade DK games. As long as K Rool gets in, I'm fine with either Junior or Dixie as a fourth DK character.
DK Junior has been forgotten by Nintendo. :urg:

splat

Smash Lord
Sakurai does seem to enjoy representing retro Donkey Kong in Smash, though.

Also, I made these recolors a while ago, I'd love to see them added to the first post :)

volbound1700

Smash Master
I feel that the DK series should have 4. It is bigger than Kirby and Star Fox and both have 3 reps. Plenty of room for K Rool and someone else.

Also about DK Jr's absence, I believe the current Donkey Kong is DK Jr and the original Donkey Kong is Cranky Kong, I would be wrong.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll main K. Rool; just like I did/will with Diddy. I don't even care if he's clunky, I'll learn.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
DK had 3 characters planned for Brawl (although it was a tag team, but still). I can pretty much guarantee that there will be atleast 3 DK characters in Smash 4.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I wana know why the **** aint Donkey Kong 64 on the Wii VC...and its nothing to do with Rare's rights i was reading up on it earlier today and Ninty have full right to release it they own all Donkey King IP's & The Kremlings & Its not because of the Expansion pack that only increased RAM which the Wii has way more than the N64 + Majora is on Wii VC & That needed a expansion pack.

Even Rare themselves said there suprised that Ninty hasent Released DK64 on Wii VC...DAMN IT DO IT ITS NOTHING BUT MONEY!!!

I can understand not Releasing Conkers bad fur day/Diddy kong racing/Banjo Kazooie&Tooie.
I know it's been a while since this post, but it actually is due to Rare that DK64 hasn't come to the Virtual Console yet. The game Jetpac, which Rare owns all of the rights to, is not only in the game as a minigame in Cranky's Lab, but it's also necessary to beat Jetpac in order to complete DK64.

Regardless, I'm definitely on board here as part of the K. Rool Krew, considering he's my second most wanted character after Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also it pretty obviously has the Rare Coin, it would be too much promotion towards Rare. And Donkey Kong is quite a big series, they would probably rather avoid that. But damn, I never once downloaded from the Virtual Console, but DK64 would be an insta buy for me. Even if I had to buy a Wii U for it.

Donkey Kong easily warrants 4 characters. I hope that Dixie will be the next newcomer after K.Rool though, and not DK Jr. However, I wouldn't be exactly upset about DK Jr. either. It's just that I would prefer any DK character over him. Cranky Kong, Lanky Kong, Funky Kong, basically everyone. It could be kind of interessting to see a DK semi-clone though.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
It's about average for your typical K. Rool moveset. I do like the use of the Krusha slam for the Down Special (it should include the green shockwaves by the way), though I'm a fan of a Blast-O-Matic Final Smash in place of the Kannonball barrage. Oh, and I get why people assign the krown throw to Side Special, but I'd rather that be his Neutral Special with the blunderbuss being the Side Special. It's just his most iconic move and I imagine Kirby copying that one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For some reason, I don't really think K.Rool will use the blunderbuss... Cause it'll require him to carry it around as a whacking weapon much like in DKC2. And I don't see them go with both the Krown Toss and blunderbuss. As heavy weights usually aren't so projectile heavy (unless you're named Snake and you're stupid.). And I agree with Bridges that it's likely Kirby will use the Thrown Toss as the copied ability.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
100 supporters! That's quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

Here's hoping he appears in Smash Bros. 4...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In all seriousness, if there were issues with K. Rool using the blunderbuss as a weapon, K. Rool firing Klaptraps instead of cannonballs could guarantee that the blunderbuss gets greenlighted as PC. I don't think anyone would object to the blunderbuss in the first place, since it's far more comical than Fox's blaster or Snake's guns, but if they did, having it shoot cartoony lizards would eliminate all potential problems in that regard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. Also, I found this depressive:

Meanwhile, I found this awesome:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I actually think a non-comical K.Rool could be pretty badass... It's been working out pretty well for Bowser. He's a villain with multiple personalities... at least one of them has to be cold and calculating kold and kalkulating.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool needs to be bat**** INSANE in Smash. I hope they heavily exaggerate his eye tick as well. Making it swell up worse when he does his Final Smash for example.

And I also found this pic awesome:

Can't find it any bigger though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pieman hates me. So this is gonna be some good ****. :skull:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well... maybe the reason K.Rool hasn't been dabbling much in villainy these days is because he and the Kongs have made up and are tight buddies now?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Or maybe Diddy Kong just wants him so he can kick his Kremling butt again, I mean how many years has it been since Donkey Kong 64 anyway? Or whenever their last battle was.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I heard a rumor a new DKCR is being made (K.Rool might be in it), and Reggie himself said Retro studios was working on something for the Wii U, so maybe, just MAYBE, K.Rool will have a comeback in DKCR2 by Retro studios. if its announced at E3 or something i wouldn't be surprised.

(although maybe the new DKCR was the 3DS version and Retro was making something else)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am I the only person that sees the irony with Diddy Kong supporting King K. Rool?
The pre-Brawl Diddy Kong fanbase also supported K.Rool. But yeah, I see the irony.

It's needless to say that I am looking forward to battle K.Rool as Diddy. I actively support K.Rool as my most wanted newcomer, but he'll probably be a secondary. Diddy got in Brawl, so I decided to main him forever. But I tend to have a lot of secondary characters anyway. But K.Rool will always be a strong secondary. Much like DK, Mewtwo and Ike.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The pre-Brawl Diddy Kong fanbase also supported K.Rool. But yeah, I see the irony.

It's needless to say that I am looking forward to battle K.Rool as Diddy. I actively support K.Rool as my most wanted newcomer, but he'll probably be a secondary. Diddy got in Brawl, so I decided to main him forever. But I tend to have a lot of secondary characters anyway. But K.Rool will always be a strong secondary. Much like DK, Mewtwo and Ike.
K. Rool has such an interesting potential for a moveset. Besides, he was the only 'relevant' villain in the DK series.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
totally forgot to ask to be listed as a kutthrought a month ago when I started supporting him, so might as well start now! add me please!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K. Rool has such an interesting potential for a moveset. Besides, he was the only 'relevant' villain in the DK series.
It's also this of coarse. I think he's easily the newcomer with the most to add to the roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool works much easier in Smash than Ridley does cause of that however...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
K.Rool works much easier in Smash than Ridley does cause of that however...
um, can you fix that? im seriously having trouble figuring out what you meant.

maybe
K.Rool works much easier in Smash than Ridley does. the cause of that however...
or
cause of K.Rool works easier much than Ridley that however in smash does...

Top Bottom