• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I wana know why the **** aint Donkey Kong 64 on the Wii VC...and its nothing to do with Rare's rights i was reading up on it earlier today and Ninty have full right to release it they own all Donkey King IP's & The Kremlings & Its not because of the Expansion pack that only increased RAM which the Wii has way more than the N64 + Majora is on Wii VC & That needed a expansion pack.

Even Rare themselves said there suprised that Ninty hasent Released DK64 on Wii VC...DAMN IT DO IT ITS NOTHING BUT MONEY!!!

I can understand not Releasing Conkers bad fur day/Diddy kong racing/Banjo Kazooie&Tooie.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thanks to a teeth-pullingly lengthy exam period, I'll be a bit less active on here than usual, but on the subject of music, I've ranked several DKC/K. Rool-related tracks based on how strongly I want them for Smash. And considering part of Brawl's Japanese website allowed fans to submit non-character suggestions to Sakurai (possibly why Stickerbrush Symphony was selected as music), this might prove valuable should he extend this option to Western audiences this time around.

My top three, in order:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
After playing some DK games earlier, I realized how great of an idea this is, and shortly afterwards, hit myself for thinking this was a silly idea for so long.

Konsider me on board.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think Nintendo's just lazy with the DK IP lately. Rare admitted they might have to remove Jetpac, but offered some suggestions. (How funny, I read that same article today. The people at Rare are still pretty decent guys, honestly.) I mean, why didn't they release Donkey Kong Land on the 3DS VC? I think they're just being lazy. (It has nothing to do with Kremlings, or Rare, people are totally stupid sometimes. I mean, there's a chance it has to do with Rare, but I've been thinking about how farfetched that seems...)

Also, I fully support Crocodile Cacophony for Smash!

Oh! Also! I'm finishing my Senior Thesis. It's like I'm living in a hellish nightmare, baby!

Have some of the levity I've been keeping myself sane with! (It's not DKC, but you'd better enjoy it anyway. As if you all aren't just as much a fan as I.)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well Nintendo had no trouble sticking the Kremlings into Super Mario Strikers series or Mario Superstar Baseball for Wii so I assume that Nintendo has rights to the Kremling IP.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well Nintendo had no trouble sticking the Kremlings into Super Mario Strikers series or Mario Superstar Baseball for Wii so I assume that Nintendo has rights to the Kremling IP.
Nintendo has the rights to them, absolutely no question. (Some people might question it, but they're not right in the head. Consider: Super Sluggers, Superstar Baseball, Power Tennis, the Paon trilogy, Brawl, etc.There was just some ridiculous rumors a while back that there was some "scorched-earth" campaign against them. I shouldn't have to explain the reasons why that's completely stupid.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
K. Rool Kids, how do you feel about Dixie Kong?

Nintendo owns all the rights to any characters added to a Nintendo franchise, THROUGH RARE. So, Dixie, Diddy, Krystal, K. Rool, ect.

All owned by Ninty.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Dixie Kong: Yes! We need her.

About the rap: Dunno. But feel free to use my verses to if someone feels like.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
K. Rool Kids, how do you feel about Dixie Kong?
I'd like to see her, but I won't care one bit if she's not included. I feel like she's one of the rare few characters who deserve inclusion, but doesn't necessarily need to be added either. It wouldn't be offensive to not include her, whereas a SSB4 without K. Rool would seem incomplete to me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd have to say I pretty much agree, although I've said many times I'll be sorely disappointed if they aren't both present.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am pro-Dixie. If she got in and K. Rool didn't there would be hell to pay, but I do want her inclusion.

As a diddy main in brawl, I wouldn't even be terribly upset if she became a duo with diddy

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Neither would I, but that seems really unlikely to happen at this point now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I admit, it'd be really interesting to learn a totally new playstyle with Diddy, and to have Dixie at the same time. Either way, choose Kroc first or this won't rock.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I prefer solo Diddy actually. There are no legitimate good reasons to pair up these two characters, except the unique factor perhaps.

After playing some DK games earlier, I realized how great of an idea this is, and shortly afterwards, hit myself for thinking this was a silly idea for so long.

Konsider me on board.

Welcome in.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I'm also in. And I don't even know King K. Rool "personally", as I never played DK64 or any of the SNES Games long enough, thought I saw some episodes of the TV series and I love antagonists with some character-depth.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just noticed that the music section is lacking K. Rool's theme remix from Brawl. Though K. Rool wasn't featured in Brawl as playable, at least, we got his boss battle song, which counts for something.
Funnily enough, the song played in the character roll when clearing Classic or All-Star modes with Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong, which is a neat allusion to the Fake Kredits from DKC.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't even realise that. But always liked that they picked that music! Didn't they pick Stickerbrush Symphony for Diddy, and Gangplank Galleon for DK though? Can't remember.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok. That's some good ****.

Been too long. My Brawl disk is broken :/

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Eh, I really don't like the idea of pairing Diddy with Dixie. Pairing them together undermines both of their characters, since they're both capable of operating solo and have their own identities. It's not like the Ice Climbers, who originated as multiplayer color-swaps of each other and lacked (up until Melee) their own unique identities. If Dixie has to have a tag-team playstyle, then they should use Kiddy. Yeah, no one really cares about Kiddy, but he's more Dixie-centric than Diddy, who has too much star power on his own. It's probably safe to say they won't be paired up anyway, considering Sakurai didn't even want to declone Ganondorf in fear of alienating players who liked his playstyle; I doubt he'd feel any different about changing Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've read this golden trick online though, but I never bothered to do it. But it's like this: rent a used Brawl disk, switch the disks when you're home, and bring it back the day later saying the disk doesn't work.

You know, I might go and do this next week I think.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've read this golden trick online though, but I never bothered to do it. But it's like this: rent a used Brawl disk, switch the disks when you're home, and bring it back the day later saying the disk doesn't work.

You know, I might go and do this next week I think.
Aren't you the trickster...
Go and Support Anna. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. I'd rather pirate it. :awesome:

HA

HA

HA

HA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Just realized... Ridley's a reptilian pirate, K.Rool's a reptilian pirate... They both lead large, dumb, diverse armies and they both keep coming back in different forms...

They got a lot in common.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just realized... Ridley's a reptilian pirate, K.Rool's a reptilian pirate... They both lead large, dumb, diverse armies and they both keep coming back in different forms...

They got a lot in common.
Hm... has anyone ever seen them in the same place at the same time? :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ridley_Prime pointed it out. King K. Rool stands at 666 votes now on Shortie's poll. Get the reference?

The answer: ;)
The thread's OP

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had THE BEST username till Diddy himself got confirmed for Brawl. Which was the BEST MOMENT I experienced here at SmashBoards.

I still like my username. Don't be hatin.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like to believe BKupa made his username during more embarrassing teenage years.
Heh, I know I certainly did. 6th grader me was like "Oh cool if you look at these letters in a mirror they're still the same letters ah hah ha screen named".

So, do most of you kutthroats want to actually main as K.Rool? I imagine him being a little faster/weaker than Bowser, so many he'll have a little bit of speed to back up his power.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, do most of you kutthroats want to actually main as K.Rool? I imagine him being a little faster/weaker than Bowser, so many he'll have a little bit of speed to back up his power.
I often main heavy characters (Bowser, Dedede and Ike), so I think I'll main him (he won't be my primary though. That would be :luigi:)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'd hope so. I typically enjoy heavyweights in fighting games, but in Smash, for one reason or another, I don't tend to main them. I usually lose interest in most of them over time. Other than Ganondorf, I haven't really found a heavyweight whose moveset I really like, and he's a clone. Whether or not I main K. Rool would depend on his moveset and playstyle; given the possibility of high mobility and some interesting projectiles with the blunderbuss and crown, I'd say he has a good chance of being pretty unique for a heavyweight, and thus, a good pick for one of my mains. There are other characters I like more than the king, however; I just support his inclusion the most. So, he'll be competing with others for that "main" status.

volbound1700

Smash Master
How would Dixie's movesets differ from Diddy?

I really believe DK series deserves 4 reps and both K Rool and Dixie are logically choices. Only character that could throw wrench in all of this is DK Jr who was quote popular in the Arcade days and appeared in first ever Mario Kart game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
-No Peanut Popguns
-No Barrelrockets
-Lacks the tail Diddy has
-Has her hair which she always uses for attacks

But most important.

This:

If that alone doesn't write a complete moveset, Sakurai should then stop making movesets all togheter.

So yeah, Dixie Kong is pretty damn cool.

K.Rool related:

Top Bottom