• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, so I put the Epic Rap Battle lyrics under 'Kremling Music' and, as you can see, the thread title.

If anyone else is onboard, I will gladly volunteer as (one of) K. Rool's voice(s), considering mine is moderately deep, though the vocals would probably need editing from someone more technologically savvy than I. That, or we could recruit someone else, like maybe the guy from 'The K. Rool Way'? Needless to say, I am in full support of this project should it materialize.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can't wait to hear this rap being voiced btw! Who is gonna do it? I say we pick some people from the Ridley and K.Rool side.

My votes: (Ridley-side)

Oasis_S
Psycho Incarnate
ChronoBound

My votes: (K.Rool-side)

BKupa
Swampasaur
BridgesWithTurtles

I'm on the K.Rool side? :(

Either way. I do need voices. PM me if you want to help.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You can count me for some basic sound editing stuff. I'm not very experienced on that matter, but I can do something.

D

Deleted member

While I do need to expand on vocal things to work for my dream job as a VO actor, rap is not really my thing, so I pass. :p

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Are we looking into a growly original voice for K. Rool, or something similar to his cartoon voice?

I could be able to make a beat for this, but im still learning my music program atm for other things.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what was totally lame about the DKC cartoon? They localised K.Rool's name in Dutch... Terrible, terrible, terrible.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Woah, I didn't think this would get very far off the ground, but you guys seem really vehement about it. That's cool. I like that. Passion's a good thing. As for a voice, just my two cents, feel free to ignore it, but I kinda feel a deep, almost baritone sort of style would work well with K. Rool's rap.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Woah, I didn't think this would get very far off the ground, but you guys seem really vehement about it. That's cool. I like that. Passion's a good thing. As for a voice, just my two cents, feel free to ignore it, but I kinda feel a deep, almost baritone sort of style would work well with K. Rool's rap.
That's a good idea. Seems very in-line with his voice in DKC2 and DKC3. (He had a voice in DKC2 right? I just remember the growly "GRRRR!" whenever you hit him in DKC3)

I'll take that, or the guy from K. Rool Way. He mimicked the delightful camp of the DKC cartoon K. Rool well. We should kidnap find him!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright people. If this is going to happen, we need one thing.

A beat.

I have no idea how to find someone who could do this. Anyone wanna help?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I found a plug-in and a neat tutorial on how to generate drum beats with Audacity that I might use to generate a rhythm or something.

It's been a while since I have experimented with sound on my PC...

EDIT 1:
Ideas: what if we use the rhythms of the Jungle Hijinx theme and Ridley Boss theme, depending on who was rapping? What do you think of start the song with K. Rool's theme sea shanty, before the rap starts?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lemme see if there are any hip hop remixes of DKC and Metroid music.

Found this for example:

I think this could work. Will search for more.

More:

And this one might be extremely fitting seeing we gonna rap about Kremlings and ****:

But I think this one is one of the best fitting:

Well anyway what I suggest is all willing to participate get their own beat, rap on that. And eventually when it's all done someone has to put it all togheter.

Some more just cause it sounds so nice:

Personally I like this one a lot. And in the description box on YouTube it's said we can use it to rap on if we ask premission

This one also got some niceness going one:

Wait I said I'd look for Metroid music to right? :colorful:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Though I do admit I'm not a big fan of hip hop and rap, I admit that those remixes are quite good.

@Diddy: I think the first one and the fourth are better than the second and third, which are too quiet and ambient. I think something more aggressive works better, since it's VILLAINS that will rap.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Ive been working on a beat on my program for this, but im a lil confused. Im rapping out the verses, and some of the rap has 5 measures of rap, while ERB beats usually have 4 measures. Sounds weird with 5. Anyone else feelin this, or am I rapping to slow?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nice remixes Diddy! I think the fourth one could work nicely.

Ive been working on a beat on my program for this, but im a lil confused. Im rapping out the verses, and some of the rap has 5 measures of rap, while ERB beats usually have 4 measures. Sounds weird with 5. Anyone else feelin this, or am I rapping to slow?
Depends on the beat I guess.

If possible, can you PM me the beat? I'd like to listen to it myself. :p

Alright. So officialy, the krew working on this currently includes Bkupa, Frostwraith and myself.

If anyone else wants to join officially please PM me. I'll find a job for you.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
About the beats, I didn't intend to conform to the rules of ERBoH. Remember, when I wrote it, it was intended purely for comedic purposes, so I didn't really consider the rules ERBoH follows (I gave each character 3 verses, for example, whereas ERB usually has 2). I only included the ERB announcer to draw a connection. Someone asked for a Ridley vs K. Rool rap battle, I wrote it, and I made the connection with ERBoH to showcase the similar spirit of the two concepts.

You definitely don't want a really fast beat, by the way. Each character's third verse is fast, but it'd be a lot easier to have a fast rap over a slow beat than a slow rap over a fast beat, in my opinion.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Most of all I really wanna hear Oasis rap. :laugh:
I'm sure if I tried, Iblis would come out of no where to make fun of me.

Also I don't think my voice would be very good for either Ridley or rapping.

I would probably somehow manage to make it sound homoerotic.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh yeah, I would definitely like to hear the rap. Do upload it on youtube (and if possible send it to Sakurai's twitter. :laugh:)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The guys at Retsupurae have their own Ridley voice. I always imagine Ridley sounding like that

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We should all make our own raps I feel. I feel like making one at least. Might to it tonight even. :reverse:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohh yeah that. Well, people still have some support of Impa, wether I make a moveset or not. Didn't feel too inspired, as I was already happy of the support the idea got. Impa is still awesome, but it's easy to imagine a moveset for her. Namco is pro with making fighting games, Impa will probably inherrit some basic kung-fu based movest with barriers, magic, and perhaps Deku Nuts and Teleporting. Think of a mix of Zelda, Sheik and Lucario.

Well anway.

King K.Rool Rap verses:

We got that blunderbuss
They can't come after us
Space Pirates you say
Don't you find that mircaculous?
You can't contest with us
Ain't no way you're besting us
Mess with King K.Krush, you'd better be more than Notorious
So don't be boring us, you got space ships yet we won't give a ****
We end boss of this game
Don't be ridiculous
Samus beat you at 65% of power, you's nothing more but a little Mid-Boss!

We Kutthroats strong and we fearless
No Space Pirates can bear us
Blast them with that Blast-O-Matic
Now they can't hear us
Voilent and wicked
Heavy weight in this ****

One whole crew us Kongs might've tamed us
But you got beat by ONE CHICK! :zerosuitsamus: (Am drunk and high dont take me too seriously)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hopefully I'll be able to put up a sample verse later this evening. It would come from Bridges' existing rap, since I can't imagine anything I write would be more creative.

Do you think the beat should be some mixture between K. Rool and Ridley's music, just so each villain can rap to their own theme?

Also, #4 is my favorite out of the above beats.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just give it a shot don't care what people think man. :pow:

Personally I prefer to listen to #7 out of all those beats. But all are good. I don't think #4 is really fitting unless you wanna try and rap as fast as you know, Bone Thugs and the like. It's unrealistically fast to use, unless someone could slow it down to match the lyrics.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hopefully I'll be able to put up a sample verse later this evening. It would come from Bridges' existing rap, since I can't imagine anything I write would be more creative.

Do you think the beat should be some mixture between K. Rool and Ridley's music, just so each villain can rap to their own theme?

Also, #4 is my favorite out of the above beats.
Yes. Absolutely yes. Dude, having a mixed version of Crocodile Cacophony playing while Kaptain K. Rool raps would be friggin epic. Also Ridley's theme is da boss.

Dude, totally rap it up!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nobody commenting on my verses tho? :skull:

This beat seems most fitting to me:

Ridley's verses should have hip hop remixes from Metroid. And they should mix over well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Those verses were badass, man. The second verse especially is just beastly, and man it gives off ALOT of energy. I'm putting in a vote to make it the official Kutthroat rap, although I'm going to try my own K. Rool-centric rap later today.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
King K.Rool Rap verses:

We got that blunderbuss
They can't come after us
Space Pirates you say
Don't you find that mircaculous?
You can't contest with us
Ain't no way you're besting us
Mess with King K.Krush, you'd better be more than Notorious
So don't be boring us, you got space ships yet we won't give a ****
We end boss of this game
Don't be ridiculous
Samus beat you at 65% of power, you's nothing more but a little Mid-Boss!

We Kutthroats strong and we fearless
No Space Pirates can bear us
Blast them with that Blast-O-Matic
Now they can't hear us
Voilent and wicked
Heavy weight in this ****

One whole crew us Kongs might've tamed us
But you got beat by ONE CHICK! :zerosuitsamus: (Am drunk and high dont take me too seriously)
Rhymes I loved in yellow. I just think this has good flow, and for some reason I love the use of the word "miraculous". Seems like a word K. Rool would use. Red are lyrics I found questionable. I'm not sure where you're getting the rhyme for "Mid-Boss", and are "fearless" and "bear us" supposed to rhyme?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This beat seems most fitting to me:

Ridley's verses should have hip hop remixes from Metroid. And they should mix over well.
This could work well for the K.Rool section.

I wonder what we're gonna do for Ridley's part....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I encourage everyone freestyling. Just don't give a damn. Make it rhyme.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I suppose I found some that could work for Ridley.

Tell me what you think guys.

I'm thinking the third could work the best.

EDIT:
Ninja'd by a monkey.....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rhymes I loved in yellow. I just think this has good flow, and for some reason I love the use of the word "miraculous". Seems like a word K. Rool would use. Red are lyrics I found questionable. I'm not sure where you're getting the rhyme for "Mid-Boss", and are "fearless" and "bear us" supposed to rhyme?
If you pronounce the S in a certian way surely it would fit. Hear this some many times in songs. It doesn't has to rhyme exactly. As long as it sounds right.

I also liked nr.4 Swamp.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Next page please. Looking forward to the rap battle as much as the next person, but there's too many embedded videos on the current page that are kinda messing up my browser's speed.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Next page please. Looking forward to the rap battle as much as the next person, but there's too many embedded videos on the current page that are kinda messing up my browser's speed.
I said next page dammit.

Top Bottom