• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
um, can you fix that? im seriously having trouble figuring out what you meant.

maybe
K.Rool works much easier in Smash than Ridley does. the cause of that however...
or
cause of K.Rool works easier much than Ridley that however in smash does...
King K.Rool works better in Smash than Ridley cause of those reason you listened earlier; Ridley's bigger.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
K. Rool would work much better than Dixie Kong.
Adding Dixie Kong and K. Rool would be over representing the DKC series as a whole.
and people want to add krystal while keeping all the other characters? THATS over-representing. Donkey kong is one of nintendo's most loved franchises, and star fox hasn't had a console game since gamecube. and donkey kong has had a game for every nintendo platform so far. even kirby and metroid haven't had a proper game for every system, (I don't count kirby air-ride as a proper kirby game) and some people want 4 reps for their series. heck, people want 4 reps for Mother and kid icarus, and they have 3 games each. Mario, pokemon and zelda will probably each have 5 reps. 3 reps in the next smash for DKC/DK would be under-repping the franchise, if you ask me.

King K.Rool works better in Smash than Ridley cause of those reason you listened earlier; Ridley's bigger.
oh, thats what you meant :facepalm: now I feel stupid.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Am I the only person that sees the irony with Diddy Kong supporting King K. Rool?
Just noticing this now?
K. Rool would work much better than Dixie Kong.
Adding Dixie Kong and K. Rool would be over representing the DKC series as a whole.
DK can afford four reps.

If Pokemon can get 7. DK can get four.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No. This is absolutely false.

The DK series, being Nintendo's 4th highest selling series, and almost rivaling Zelda, is most certainly not going to be over-repped if they have 4 characters.

On top of that, the two most likely reps are both among some of the most popular choice. The same can be said for not much else. The only other series that has two popular reps is Fire Emblem, and one of them is a returning vet. Fire Emblem also deserves 4 reps. (Fire Emblem, unlike Star Fox, which has people vehemently supporting Krystal, actually has an adequate amount of games to warrant 4 reps.)

The DK series has tons and TONS of entries, and I've gone over these in another thread. A multitude of trilogies, recent entires, etc. I don't think it can be said the DK series doesn't have the weight for 4 characters. That said, even if they didn't have as many games, the likely DK series characters are still among the most iconic. Why not have them?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why doesn't Nintendo just make an offer to Microsoft for Banjo-Kazooie and add both of them into the game as a character as well?

Honestly, 4 characters for DK would not overrepresent and the fact is some of the less popular series are overrepresented (Kirby, Star Fox, Fire Emblem).

Mario and Pokemon can easily have 8 characters a piece with their popularity.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
My opinion on the matter is that DK could easily receive 4 characters without being overrepresented, though having just three wouldn't be underrepresentation either. I feel the same way about Kirby. And yeah, Star Fox is already overrepresented, but I can let 3 pass. 4 is asking way too much for a series that only has 5 games and 1 hit. That's like saying there should be 4 Starfy characters, relatively speaking (there are some key differences of course). Fire Emblem...eh, I'd say 3 is good. 4 isn't really needed. It'd feel weird to me, having just as many Fire Emblem characters as say, Zelda or DK ones.

But my point is: DK wouldn't be "overrepped" with 4 characters, though 3 wouldn't be underrepping it either. 5 would be really pushing it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kutthroats, we've krossed 2000 posts! (At last.)

I'm kurious as to how many posts we will akkrue till E3.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really don't buy a lot into representing or overrepsenting because if we wanted to be fair based on sales, Mario and Pokemon should just dominate the game, especially Mario once you factor in his platformers, rpgs, Mario Kart, and all the party/sport games.

However, the problem with DK getting 5 is that after DK, Diddy, King K Rool, and Dixie Kong, their actually isn't a lot of options. You could go with one of the DK64 characters, Donkey Kong Jr. (which is actually the current DK), or a generic Kremling but they would be a stretch. Funky Kong is popping up more in Mario games but he too is a stretch.

Not much in DK realm to choose from after those 4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's no way DK is getting five reps, it shouldn't even be considered as a possibility. Either three or four is a fine amount, as long as they get at least one newcomer. Preferably K. Rool. ;)

D

Deleted member

There's no way DK is getting five reps, it shouldn't even be considered as a possibility. Either three or four is a fine amount, as long as they get at least one newcomer. Preferably K. Rool. ;)
This. The franchise is definitely done after King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are added to the roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't buy a lot into representing or overrepsenting because if we wanted to be fair based on sales, Mario and Pokemon should just dominate the game, especially Mario once you factor in his platformers, rpgs, Mario Kart, and all the party/sport games.

However, the problem with DK getting 5 is that after DK, Diddy, King K Rool, and Dixie Kong, their actually isn't a lot of options. You could go with one of the DK64 characters, Donkey Kong Jr. (which is actually the current DK), or a generic Kremling but they would be a stretch. Funky Kong is popping up more in Mario games but he too is a stretch.

Not much in DK realm to choose from after those 4.
If we'd get RESPECTABLE Mario characters as newcomers, I'd be less stressed having so many Mario characters in. In my opinion, Mario could easily get about 6 playable characters, but no more than that. I am personally hoping for Toad, and Paper Mario. This way the franchise is best represented in my opinion.

Zelda could and in my opinion SHOULD also have 5 characters. Pokémon would be fine with adding Mewtwo, and possibly his Awakening form as a duo character. And if Zelda gets Impa (for the cost of Sheik) and another newcomer, that'd be more than enough representation as well.

DKC getting 4 characters would be the best case scenario yes. Would not be unsatisfied with 3 however, only if series as Kirby, StarFox and Fire Emblem will be gettig 4 charatcers I'd be upset we didn't get Dixie. And if Dixie makes it, and not K.Rool and THOSE series get more characters, you can bet your ass I'll be pissed.

Seriously, DKC and Metroid are prehaps the only huge series which are not well represented in terms of characters in Smash. Fire Emblem comes only second.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Ideally, I feel that characters should represent themselves more than their home series. If a series has tons of popularity but very few notable characters, they shouldn't get a proportional amount of fighters just so that the series can be "properly represented". If the series has all of the characters that matter, it already is properly represented, or that's at least how I see it. And in that case, then yeah, DK is still missing at least K. Rool, not just because he's its main villain, but also because as his own independent character, he's proven to be memorable, relevant, and notable enough for inclusion.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He said appeared. I think he means Dixie Kong.
but DKC2 and 3 had dixie in it... and kiddie is with a K so it can't be him.

Also, I think maybe, just MAYBE, (please don't think i'm crazy but,) it just MIGHT have been a joke.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
huh. well, I guess that solves the mystery. Dinky Kong is the one who volbound was talking about.

....unless he claims otherwise

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With a silly Japanese name like that, I can see why he'd be unpopular more now.

D

Deleted member

You know what's even more lame?
Dinky Kong was originally Diddy's name before they had to change it for some legal issue.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meh, Dinky's not too bad of a name. It's kind of odd for Kiddy, considering he's rather large to be...Dinky. It seems more like a...smaller Kong name.

D

Deleted member

I guess Dinky would have fit Diddy well.

I mean, Donkey and Dinky kind of has a ring to it, and while DK is rather stubborn like a mule, Diddy is a small fellow, making the name fit. What is a "diddy", anyway?

EDIT: "a female breast or nipple".

WTF Rare/Nintendo?!?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't a diddy a slang term for a song?

Like, "let me sing a little diddy for ya." I can definitely picture a guy from the 30s saying that...

D

Deleted member

That is "ditty".
I just edited my post with what a "diddy" is. Replace the d's with t's, and you see where it's from. Apparently the word is censored, as is the short term for Richard, the alternate term for a rooster, and the common "cute" way to refer to a cat, but we can say things like penis and vagina without censors.
Whoever designed the censor system was a moron.

So pretty much instead of "Small Kong", we have "Boobie Kong".

Top Bottom