• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

bobadz

Smash Ace
I personally did know this, but did you all?

Monkeys packing heat! Diddy would be broken if he had those.

It was smart of Rare to change it.
They already gave "maturity" to Conker, they didn't need to ruin DK with it.
Hilariously if you consider the fact that Conker was introduced in Diddy Kong Racing, Conker's Bad Fur Day kes place in the same world as Mario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Conker still had a GBC game to called Conker's Pocket Tales. He used a slingshot as his main weapon there.

And actually, I wouldn't mind real guns on the Kongs. It would make them stand out as a Nintendo franchise more, especially cause people cannot help but love to compare DKC to Mario.

D

Deleted member

Real guns for Kongs would be ******** beyond belief.

We don't need DKC to start being compared to Call of Duty.

bobadz

Smash Ace
which is stupid, they are too much different.

and, for the record, DKC is better.:troll:
Agreed. I think they've aged better then the mario games. Except Mario World. That game is awesome. But getting back on topic, K Rool is a better villain then Bowser.

D

Deleted member

Shadow plus guns = meh/seriously?
Donkey Kong plus guns = what the **** were you smoking?!

Shadow is from a series where modern (and even futuristic) weapons are a thing.
Donkey Kong is from a series where the closest thing to a modern weapon is a blunderbuss that shoots cannonballs, barrels, puffs of smoke, and even has a vacuum feature. And that's from the villain.

Shadow is a rather dark individual that will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. While using firearms wouldn't be out of character (unlike if say, Sonic used them), the main thing that's jarring about that is that Shadow is the Ultimate Life Form and has the power of Chaos Control and its many variants. Why the Hell would he need something as pointless as a gun?

Donkey Kong is an oafish ape of brute force and temperament that loves bananas. How all that translates to "using a double-barreled shotgun" is beyond me. It makes less sense than Shadow using a gun, because at least Shadow would know what a DAMN gun is and it wouldn't be out of character for him to use one.
DK would be more likely to stare blankly at the shotgun, mess with it since he has no idea what it is, and accidentally blow off his foot or blow his brains out. Jungle technology makes more sense for someone as primitive as DK.

D

Deleted member

Shadow is from a series where modern (and even futuristic) weapons are a thing.
Donkey Kong is from a series where the closest thing to a modern weapon is a blunderbuss that shoots cannonballs, barrels, puffs of smoke, and even has a vacuum feature. And that's from the villain.
My problem is you can't read worth a ****. :p

Let's give Mario a chainsaw while we're at it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
oh reah, well I found THE most epic remix of the title screen.
also, the guys who did this made a whole album of remixes. they are in a playlist.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
oh reah, well I found THE most epic remix of the title screen.
also, the guy who did this made a whole album of remixes. too bad they aren't in a playlist.
Actually, that is not made by just one guy, but by several musicians at OCRemix.org.

Have you heard of OC Remix? It's a site dedicated to video game music. You can find a lot of remixes made by several people and they sometimes make albums. I heard that the composer, David Wise, also worked on that album.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Actually, that is not made by just one guy, but by several musicians at OCRemix.org.

Have you heard of OC Remix? It's a site dedicated to video game music. You can find a lot of remixes made by several people and they sometimes make albums. I heard that the composer, David Wise, also worked on that album.
oh... so this guy stole someone else's work?!? I hate it when people do that. I'm switching it with the real one now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
oh... so this guy stole someone else's work?!? I hate it when people do that. I'm switching it with the real one now.
He didn't stole. He gave credit to OC Remix and is not claiming the album as is own.

Learn to read videos' descriptions. You can freely download the tracks on OC Remix, actually.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My problem is you can't read worth a ****. :p

Let's give Mario a chainsaw while we're at it.
He already has a Hammer.

Now that you mentoin it, it does look quite dangerous with the metal head and all... :ohwell:

Hope this would fix it :awesome:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He didn't stole. He gave credit to OC Remix and is not claiming the album as is own.

Learn to read videos' descriptions. You can freely download the tracks on OC Remix, actually.
well, it was already on youtube, so there was no reason for him to upload it. that's why I consider it stealing. he did it for attention and personal gain. he gave credit, sure. but it was ALREADY UP, and it DIDN'T NEED TO BE AGAIN.

also, yes, its free. Its really nice of them that they did that :D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
well, it was already on youtube, so there was no reason for him to upload it. that's why I consider it stealing. he did it for attention and personal gain. he gave credit, sure. but it was ALREADY UP, and it DIDN'T NEED TO BE AGAIN.

also, yes, its free. Its really nice of them that they did that :D
He's not gaining anything with it. By that logic, any people uploading videogame soundtracks would be stealing too. It's fair use, since he acknowledges that it's not his work.

(We're not really arguing over this, are we? :ohwell:)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
He already has a Hammer.

Now that you mentoin it, it does look quite dangerous with the metal head and all... :ohwell:

Hope this would fix it :awesome:
You're inability to understand basic statements is hurting my feelings. Please stop.

Guns with ballistic ammunition should not be used by monkeys living in the jungle. They build tools out of materials they can actually find like wood and bamboo and use organic ammunition like peanuts and coconuts. It fits the motif of a jungle-based adventure game. Firearms made of metal alloys and firing ballistic rounds do not. K. Rool has a Blunderbuss because he is utilizing a pirate motif. Pirates used the Blunderbuss as one of their original weapons hundreds of years ago. Even then, it has a cartoon-like theme to it. Now stop trying to cause problems by arguing with Golden about every single thing he posts on here. Its annoying.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not arguing with Golden even, we talk like this all the time. Step up your game man.

Yeah I get why they did the switch to more cartoonish weaponary. It made the most sence yeah. I never said otherwise, only said; I wouldn't mind if they kept it the way originally intended. :rolleyes:

Also, I'd argue that if you're gonna get shot by a Coconut Gun it's gonna hurt. :dk2:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm not arguing with Golden even, we talk like this all the time. Step up your game man.

Yeah I get why they did the switch to more cartoonish weaponary. It made the most sence yeah. I never said otherwise, only said; I wouldn't mind if they kept it the way originally intended. :rolleyes:

Also, I'd argue that if you're gonna get shot by a Coconut Gun it's gonna hurt. :dk2:
It does hurt, naturally. I just see you arguing with Golden over everything, especially on the Impa thread. You seemed to be implying that because K. Rool was using a Blunderbuss, his argument was invalid. But its to fit the motif of the pirate that they were aiming for. Guns in any cartoon-like Nintendo game (other than one's set in a futuristic/space environment like F-Zero, Starfox, and Metroid) is pretty ridiculous. Imagine Mario with a shotgun, or Link with a Sniper Rifle. Lol.

That said, I also think Shadow using guns was super ******** as well, and I'm pretty sure Golden agrees. I hate his character in general and see him as nothing more than Sega attempting to appeal to young audiences with a "cool character" who is just a clone of Sonic. He's a pretty shallow character overall, and deserves ridicule by using ridiculously-out-of-place guns. DK is a good series and I'm glad they didn't ruin it the same way.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shadow was good in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, but it all went downhill from there.

I still have my copy of Shadow the Hedgehog. Did one playthrough and never touched it again. Game was kinda dull and I'm not much into Sonic games anymore.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Opinions... You wouldn't mind, but I'm sure a majority would find it jarring. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden and I are in endless argument. You cannot stop this. And you will not stop this. It's the way how we make love war. :cool:

Also, I didn't imply that cause K.Rool had the Blunderbuss his argument was invallid, cause it's not. I was just having fun. Of coarse it fits K.Rool better to have a canonbal shooting- multiple gasses shooting- vacuum-like Blunderbuss than DK having a shotgun and Diddy running around with double pistols. I only said that I wouldn't mind it, granted nothing significant would change in the gameplay. Like, massive amounts of blood for example. :rolleyes:

Rare can handle the cutesy-meets-badass thing quite well as proved by Conker.

Anyways, I wasn't brining up the topic for discussing just to ask around if people knew about it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He's not gaining anything with it. By that logic, any people uploading videogame soundtracks would be stealing too. It's fair use, since he acknowledges that it's not his work.

(We're not really arguing over this, are we? :ohwell:)
well we were, and I already had a counter argument, but then I read your last line. I figured you don't really want to argue. and neither do I.

back on king K.Rool, do you think anything from DK64 will be used? maybe him being a boxer and running around punching people for his final smash? :awesome:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
King K. Rool is definitely deserving of a spot in smash 4.!

I think he would be a starting character.

I like his original design over the newer one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I definitely see him as an unlockable.

Wanna wage war now?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm thinking that Donkey Kong and K. Rool will be starters and Diddy be unlockable.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Coconut and Fruit/nut related guns work better for the serious.

My perfect DK Series line-up:

1. Donkey Kong
2. Diddy Kong
3. Dixie King/Kiddy Kong combo
4. King K. Rool
5. Donkey Kong Jr.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If I where to get my way completely with DKC?

1. Donkey Kong
2. Diddy Kong
3. Dixie Kong
4. Kiddy Kong
5. King K.Rool
6. Cranky Kong
7. Lanky Kong
8. Funky Kong

I don't give a ****. :D

volbound1700

Smash Master
How would you make a moveset with Funky and Cranky? LOL. They never really fight. Then again we do have one for Star Fox and Captain Falcon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Funky is quite easy. Take some tools of him, give him the DK64 Orange Grenates, his Surfboard and Barreljet.

Cranky is also easy. He's got potions, karate moves (DKC3 GBA mini game) and on top of all, he's the Old Skool DK. That would allow for some cool stuff to.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Funky is quite easy. Take some tools of him, give him the DK64 Orange Grenates, his Surfboard and Barreljet.

Cranky is also easy. He's got potions, karate moves (DKC3 GBA mini game) and on top of all, he's the Old Skool DK. That would allow for some cool stuff to.
DK Jr. would have old skill stuff down. Cranky is too old to fight lol :troll:.

I guess FUnky could smake people with his Surfboard. Wouldn't the DK64 items be covered by Lanky Kong?

Random question for DK fans, why on DK64 did Tiny Kong get in over Dixie Kong. Her character screams Dixie Kong but yet she is not Dixie Kong but a new original character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lanky would be too busy having no style, no grace, having a funny face, inflating himself (just like a balloon), doing handstands (when he needs to) and digging this tune.

@ Tiny Kong: My guess is that they knew of DKC3's lesser popularity because Dixie was the main character, and not Diddy or Donkey Kong. I think they wanted to focus more on DK and Diddy, but still wanted a character in resembling Dixie while adding something new. Thus Tiny was created.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Tiny Kong to me pretty much is Dixie in DK64 with a different look.

Lanky Kong does have a crazy unique moveset, problem is that DK64 is his only appearance.

Interesting note is that Funky Kong is my favorite racer to play as in Mario Kart Wii.

Top Bottom