• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's not true.

It doesn't really count as a main game appearance, but K.Rool faces a similar problem. No doubt Lanky would be overlooked for Smash, but hopefully for a new DKC game with 4 players? Seeing as the whole world hates Kiddy Kong, he has a good chance of replacing him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ah ok, I never played the Barrel Blast series. I hope Lanky Kong appears more, I liked his character. I also liked Chunky Kong.

I would also like to see more DK representation in the Mario Kart series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Barrel Blast is just one game. You might be confused with the King of Swing 'series', also made by PAON. Actually, I really miss PAON-made DK games.

Funky Kong in Mario Kart Wii was a real neat surprise btw.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Random question for DK fans, why on DK64 did Tiny Kong get in over Dixie Kong. Her character screams Dixie Kong but yet she is not Dixie Kong but a new original character.
My guess is that Rare realized how uninspired Dixie's look was (basically Diddy with no tail, a wig, makeup, pink clothes and a ponytail) compared to other kongs and decided to make a more unique looking character. To not upset Dixie's fans, they called her Dixie's sister and gave her two ponytails, thus softening the blow.

That's just my guess though, but I wouldn't be surprised.

volbound1700

Smash Master
King K Rool was also in DK King of Swing (2005) and DK Jungle Climber (2007) as a major player. Both handheld games of DK series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Rare wanted to redesign Dixie, they would've redesigned Dixie into Tiny. And instead of that, they opted to redesign Tiny herself for Diddy Kong Racing DS. It has nothing to do with Dixie's 'uninspired look' as you'd like to call it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It is noteworthy and wierd though that they make up a new character for DK64 that has really has the same moveset and characteristics that fit with Dixie Kong.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If Rare wanted to redesign Dixie, they would've redesigned Dixie into Tiny. And instead of that, they opted to redesign Tiny herself for Diddy Kong Racing DS. It has nothing to do with Dixie's 'uninspired look' as you'd like to call it.
Nintendo redesigned Tiny, who looked more unique than Dixie from the beginning. Dixie and Diddy resemble eachother more than Tiny and Dixie, and they're actually related.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah it's not. Tiny is called Tiny cause she can literally shrink herself. Rare probably thought up the powers of shrinking (Tiny) and growing huge (Chunky) and decided those powers didn't fit Dixie and Kiddy, thus direct relatives where made / chosen to replace them.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Nah it's not. Tiny is called Tiny cause she can literally shrink herself. Rare probably thought up the powers of shrinking (Tiny) and growing huge (Chunky) and decided those powers didn't fit Dixie and Kiddy, thus direct relatives where made / chosen to replace them.
Unfortunately Tiny couldn't shrink until she got that potion, same for Chunky. I thoroughly doubt people would go "Dixie's not supposed to shrink" when we have a mad scientist kong handing out potions that grant crazy powers like inflating and springy tails.

That potion could easily have been given to Dixie.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She WAS however called Tiny before drinking that potion. And I doubt they'd make Dixie shrink, and make Kiddy, a toddler grow to monster sizes.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
They've done stranger things, like make Chunky turn invisible. Where did that come from? It has nothing to do with his name, and tbh diddy means small, so why isn't he shrinking?

As if the giant toddler idea hasn't been used before in cartoony games and media...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cause Tiny was still smaller than Diddy in the end. Well, in DK64 of coarse.

Invisible Chunky is random though yeah.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Heh, its kinda hard to tell as of late but I don't like Tiny or Kiddy. I'm positive they're not getting into Smash though, but I wish Dixie had just a bit more in appearance to avoid certain remarks. If Rare or Nintendo kept tweaking her design for the better I think things would work out.

K. Rool feels like a humongous possibility. I have no reasonable doubt in his case, but Dixie's another story and like many I want both in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still see no reason to withhold Dixie from being in Smash cause of her appearance. Cause after all, Diddy and Dixie are by far more different than Mario and Luigi are. Both in looks and in abilities.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I still see no reason to withhold Dixie from being in Smash cause of her appearance. Cause after all, Diddy and Dixie are by far more different than Mario and Luigi are. Both in looks and in abilities.
Maybe Diddy Kong was just only a start addition in brawl, Dixie and K. Rool could be in the next game due to leftover data in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

If DKC needs a 4th player that's not Kiddy, it should be Cranky.
After all, he was training for his first major appearance in the GBA version of DKC3 :troll:. That, and Kiddy is just another DK.

Maybe like how Luigi has Super Luigi U DLC, there should be DLC for Cranky Kong Country. :awesome:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sometimes I think Diddy Kong gets more love in the Mario sports titles/kart games then he does in DK series lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sometimes I think Diddy Kong gets more love in the Mario sports titles/kart games then he does in DK series lol.
To b fair, even Dry Bones and Koopa Troopas get as much love as Mario, DK or Diddy in a spin-off game. All are playable characters in the end.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dry Bowser needs to be in every sports spin off from now on, because he's my character to use

It used to be Bowser, but an undead Bowser is just cooler

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dry Bowser needs to be in every sports spin off from now on, because he's my character to use

It used to be Bowser, but an undead Bowser is just cooler
You can hope for a Dry Bowser alt. costume for Bowser in Smash 4.

That would be cool stuff. Would pick that alt. over normal one when playing as Bowser.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Actually Dry Bones wasn't in Mario Golf series, Mario Tennis, and wasn't a captain in Mario Strikers. Diddy Kong is in all of those series.

Really the party set up usually is: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Wario, Waluigi, and then after that group it varies. That list is in almost every one of them or at least 90% of them. Then sometimes you have Petey Piranha, Dry Bones, Boo, Koopa Trooper, Shyguy, Birdo, Hammer Bro, Toad, Toadette, etc.

Diddy Kong is a captain in Strikers and Superstar Baseball so he is pretty well supported in Mario sport series.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, I finished the drawing I was doing. It came out pretty well. might even put it on a shirt XD

sorry I couldn't fit ridley in, he's too big:troll:.

no but seriously, I couldn't fit Ridley in, plus I really suck at drawing him.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yes yes and yes. Honestly, he should have been in Brawl. Maybe not Melee but for sure Brawl. Hopefully he'll return in this one and future DKC games. One of my top 5 guesses and easily one of the characters I want to personally see added to a franchise.

Also I've wanted The Flying Krock as a stage for like... ever along with a Mario RPG stage.

Also yeah, the arguments against him really are weak. He hasn't faded into obscurity at all. Heck, King Dedede didn't actually show up for a while along with Meta-Knight. (Or at least kinda minor appearances, at least, how I felt) yet we got both of them. DKC easily deserves it's villain.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What program did you use to design that? It looks exquisite. :love:
oh, just GIMP and only GIMP. going to try out SAI soon, I heard it was better.

all you really need to do is learn how to use the bunn/dodge tool and you are golden.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are there any legitimate arguements against K.Rool?.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
His sore eye is too big.

Nah not really, at least none that I know of. Except for the silly reason that he isn't in DKC Returns or that Dixie was planned (as a tag team with Diddy though) but honestly, they shouldn't really affect him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
He hasn't been in a DK game since 2007 I guess is the reasoning. People could attack his move-set because he would likely be low-tier as most tank characters are in Smash. Not sure after all of that. A lot of people say DKC will only get one more rep and Dixie will beat him out. IMO, both should make it.

Honestly it is good sometimes to have a new villain like DKCR or Legend of Zelda SS but it doesn't take away from the main guy (King K Rool/Ganondorf).

I would love to see a new villain with Mario. Perhaps have Wario be the main villain in the next one as he was in SML2 and throw Waluigi in to assist him. That would be epic.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
King K.Rool would offend too many fat people.

no, but really, K.Rool will be worth the weight:troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously if K.Rool isn't in this one I'd be heavily dissapointed. I mean, he has all the support, unique moveset potential and he's the best contender for a DKC newcomer. But both Dixie and K.Rool should make it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
By the same token that certain characters are only popular on message boards, so are certain arguments, character recency being key among them. The general public could not care less about holding a character's one-game absence against them if they enjoy the character, and this demographic comprises the overwhelming majority of the game's audience. That said, many swing in the opposite direction, requesting additional Sonic characters and Goku because they'd be "so cool," but for the reasonably reasonable ones out there, this isn't a problem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I doubt K.Rool is only popular on messageboards. He's pretty mich loved everywhere.

I know this cause I can read minds. Ovviously.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account. I wholeheartedly support K.Rool for sm4sh, though I haven't played his games. His move set potential and overall craziness really appeal to me.

Top Bottom