• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Probably coincidential, but everytime the K. Rool thread gets bumped, so does the Dixie thread...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The two aspects of the Paon design I'd be okay with K. Rool receiving in Smash is his more muscular arms, as well as the more prominent diamond fastener on his cape.

Interesting coincidence with the Dixie thread...perhaps they wish to keep K. Rool and Dixie close to each other so more people support both characters?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Quite a few people do think that the DK series can likely get two newcomers, and I can see why. That could be a reason, like you said, to rally support for both.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main reason people are supporting Dixie Kong is because of the misconception that Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl. King K. Rool meanwhile is supported due to the moveset potential and people generally liking the character for being ruthless yet quirky.

Also I would like to point out that the Dixie Kong being bumped is a coincidence.

D

Deleted member

The main reason people are supporting Dixie Kong is because of the misconception that Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl. King K. Rool meanwhile is supported due to the moveset potential and people generally liking the character for being ruthless yet quirky.

Also I would like to point out that the Dixie Kong being bumped is a coincidence.
What misconception? She really was.

However, it was as a partner to Diddy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Out of all the K. Rool palette swaps, my favorite is the Wart one... and it's because it's the closest thing we have to an accurate palette swap that is based on another character. For the other palette swaps, you did a great job but I think it would be nicer if the colors resembled more closely to the other Kremlings.

[COLLAPSE="Here's my suggestions."]Red Team, I suggest a pink Kruncha from DKC2 (this is the color a blue Kruncha takes when he gets angry) with a black cape based on pink Kruncha's clothes.

Blue Team, I suggest Kludge with a yellow cape based on Kludge's shorts.

I would suggest Klump for the "brown" palette swap. He could have a green cape as a reference to Klump's shorts.

The "dark" palette swap could be based on Kudgel from DKC2 with a brown-red cape.

[/COLLAPSE]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The misconception about Dixie is (like I mentioned in the OP) that she was intended to be a separate third DK character in Brawl before being cut, and thus is the frontrunner for a third DK slot in SSB4.

Added those palette swaps to the OP...nice work, M&SG! I especially enjoy the Wart reference, since heaven knows, we'll get dozens of 'New' Mario games before any SMB2 revival.

D

Deleted member

I get what you mean, BKupa, in that it's a misconception of her being the frontrunner just becuase of being scrapped, but what Habanero is saying that her being planned is the misconception.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool has to be in SSB4. He may be my most wanted character in the game, behind Mewtwo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've told you before, but I'll say it again. That Wart recolor is definitely a favorite of mine. It's an awesome throwback.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I found this poll on Gamefaqs...its author claims the final result will be sent to Sakurai.

http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-quarterfinals/

Although the roster is likely already decided, it can't hurt to vote K. Rool even higher than he already is, right? So...hop to it, Kutthroats!
I don't really think that the roster is already decided... development has just begun, so they might still be considering some ideas. thanks for the voting site, I've placed my vote.

D

Deleted member

Already placed my vote.

I really hope they will reconsider having only the winner, and instead show like the the Top 5 or Top 10.
Wants me some Ridley and Waluigi to go with my K. Rool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not voting on that poll, it doesn't include Geno.

Automatically I don't take it serious

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm not voting on that poll, it doesn't include Geno.

Automatically I don't take it serious
The polls' selection is pretty lackluster, but I have a feeling that this poll is a runoff of an earlier poll with a wider selection pool.

Also, Waluigi at #1 is pretty lame. C'mon, internet, not cool. It's not like i hate him, but there are so many better, more interesting characters(like K. Rool!) in that poll than Wally.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I found this poll on Gamefaqs...its author claims the final result will be sent to Sakurai.

Although the roster is likely already decided, it can't hurt to vote K. Rool even higher than he already is, right? So...hop to it, Kutthroats!
For whatever it's worth... this poll would probably give Sakurai some ideas for Assist Trophies considering Sakurai may or may not have already made his final SSB4 roster by now.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
For whatever it's worth... this poll would probably give Sakurai some ideas for Assist Trophies considering Sakurai may or may not have already made his final SSB4 roster by now.
Do they usually finish the roster this early? I never considered the roster being done this early. I always assumed he would just add characters along the way after years in development.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Brawl's roster was finished rather early because they had a list but it did not include Sonic and Sonic was added in the last minute.

Melee's roster was not the case. They added a lot of the clones (Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link) in at the last minute.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are actually people that are against K. Rool.

That's really weird

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There is always an opposing side to every subject, so this shouldn't be surprising. Besides, the complaining is only is minor at the moment.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've expressed this before, but I do personally find the character's design unsightly, and find the necessity of a Donkey Kong newcomer to be somewhat lacking. This, and the fact that on the subject of an assumed Donkey Kong newcomer, some swing the other way and opt for Dixie Kong, who in all honesty, has a reputation, potential to be unique, and was potentially going to appear in Brawl, thus possessing a formidable following. Those who tack on both Dixie and K. Rool surely exist, but the number is predictably low.

That being said, I do understand more people want K. Rool, he has potential for a set, and he is a villain, which I welcome. He also has more appearances than I think every other possible DK character (or more than Dixie at least). In this way, I do not oppose him, and would enjoy his presence. But to be candid, I understand not everyone wants him in, as the first paragraph illustrated, and how his presence isn't a "lock". Hence, I wait with neutrality on the subject.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just listened to the remix of crocodile cacophony and TBH the original is a lot better

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here are my recolor revisions for King K. Rool...

[collapse=Recolors]

1: Default (Green Team)
2: Red (Red Team)
3: Blue (Blue Team)
4: Yellow
5: Black
6: Wart reference[/collapse]
If I main/secondary K. Rool, I will so go with the red one, and sometimes the black one! ♥

I locked in my votes. I'm surprised K. Rool and Ridley didn't receive as much votes as I thought they would.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
If I main/secondary K. Rool, I will so go with the red one, and sometimes the black one! ♥

I locked in my votes. I'm surprised K. Rool and Ridley didn't receive as much votes as I thought they would.
Not surprising considering the poll they had last time for brawl was total trash. Either way, this won't be to any use or concern to other than a good laugh

Now for those official japanese polls, I look forward to that :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool haters? The only people I really see speaking out against him are the dolts who hate Donkey Kong Country as a whole, making detestable statements like, "The series started with just DK and should stay that way, because the Country characters are stupid/ugly/unnecessary, the gameplay is ripped from Mario, and is only popular because of mediocre graphics."

Most Dixie fans seem to accept the fact that K. Rool is a lock to appear before her, and instead promote the idealistic option of both characters appearing at once.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
K. Rool haters? The only people I really see speaking out against him are the dolts who hate Donkey Kong Country as a whole, making detestable statements like, "The series started with just DK and should stay that way, because the Country characters are stupid/ugly/unnecessary, the gameplay is ripped from Mario, and is only popular because of mediocre graphics."

Most Dixie fans seem to accept the fact that K. Rool is a lock to appear before her, and instead promote the idealistic option of both characters appearing at once.
Exactly. Anyone who WOULD be against K. Rool is inherently irrational, and would obviously have some bull**** arbitrary reasons that don't actually make any sense. HOWEVER, I could easily see Sakurai not including K. Rool since Nintendo itself seems to crazily hate the Kremlings. Talk about rustling my jimmies...

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. Anyone who WOULD be against K. Rool is inherently irrational, and would obviously have some bull**** arbitrary reasons that don't actually make any sense. HOWEVER, I could easily see Sakurai not including K. Rool since Nintendo itself seems to crazily hate the Kremlings. Talk about rustling my jimmies...
Why do you think Nintendo hates the Kremlings? It was presumably Retro's decision to use the Tikis instead, and the Kremlings have been appearing all over the place in spinoffs.

On another note, I never got why some people hated the Tikis so much. It seems like their only real crime was not being Kremlings.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's because they are rather plain and have no character. The Final Boss even was this generic overdone Zelda boss with two floating hands and a head. But that's all you can really put against them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's because they are rather plain and have no character. The Final Boss even was this generic overdone Zelda boss with two floating hands and a head. But that's all you can really put against them.
NO!!! Not Bongo Bongo,

Wham Bam

Though I will agree that Bongo Bongo and Andross are good equivalents as well

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
http://wii.ign.com/articles/110/1100039p3.html
Hang on, we need some proof that Nintendo hates the kremlings, because even though we have an article saying that Miyamoto likes DK, people have it firmly rooted in their minds that Nintendo can't stand them. Like the following quote says, kremlings have been appearing in spin-offs frequently. Wouldn't the kremlings as a whole be distant memories in Nintendo's history if the company hates them? Aren't there Mario enemies that have vanished without a trace? I don't understand wth is going on here.

Why do you think Nintendo hates the Kremlings? It was presumably Retro's decision to use the Tikis instead, and the Kremlings have been appearing all over the place in spinoffs.

On another note, I never got why some people hated the Tikis so much. It seems like their only real crime was not being Kremlings.
Pretty much. I liked the musical tikis btw, especially since their instrument influenced the boss music.

Top Bottom