• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The final boss pissed me off so much because it was a copy of Wham bam. I just couldn't like the Tiki's after that no matter what

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The final boss pissed me off so much because it was a copy of Wham bam. I just couldn't like the Tiki's after that no matter what
It is more of a ripoff of modern Wham Bam than classic Wham Bam. Nintendo felt the need to change its appearance in Super Star Ultra because it was another Jynx situation.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It is more of a ripoff of modern Wham Bam than classic Wham Bam. Nintendo felt the need to change its appearance in Super Star Ultra because it was another Jynx situation.

I didn't mean in looks. Wham Bam and the tiki share a lot of attack patterns, and the fact it tries to smack you with it's hands.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I didn't mean in looks. Wham Bam and the tiki share a lot of attack patterns, and the fact it tries to smack you with it's hands.
I've seen it and it does have the same attacks. The only thing that's missing is a rock shower.

Also, Wham Bam is inspiration for Master Hand moveset wise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@PsychoIncarnate & R.O.B.: Your conversation is starting to drift away from being on-topic. If you want to resume the off-topic matters, find a different thread to discuss about them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there were to be a limit of one alternate costume, which of the following would you choose: Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolstein, or Sluggers?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Kaptain is more likely than Baron, and I don't think Sluggers has the slightest chance due to it only existing because of lower quality animation.

On the subject of Nintendo hating Kremlings, I don't think they -hate- Kremlings, and Miyamoto didn't order their removal from DKCR; that (terrible) decision was entirely in Retro's hands. Still, because the Kremlings were entirely Rare's creation (they were developed for a separate project before being used in DKC), Nintendo/Miyamoto might feel some degree of hesitance. Because, you know, Rare made better DK games than they will ever be able to.

yani

Smash Lord
The Kremlings did not appear in Returns simply because Retro wanted to add their own creations to the DK series as opposed to just using everything Rare had made. The absence of a lot of the Kongs was because Retro did not like the fact that there are so many of them. :bee:

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
I wish he was in! but Kremilings did not even made it to DkC returns.... But a man can dream!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's not really a problem; so he wasn't in one game. Bowser wasn't in SMB2. Ganondorf wasn't in Skyward Sword. I doubt their going anywhere because of it. Not to mention his exclusion caused the biggest problem with DKCR. That was the only problem everyone agreed should have been rectified. So yeah, don't worry about DKCR too much. He'll probably be in.

D

Deleted member

I think the biggest comparison would be the fact that Diddy wasn't in Jungle Beat, yet made it into Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Of course, the (few) people who hate K. Rool but try to "objectively" argue against his inclusion say that Diddy was in more sports games than K. Rool before becoming playable in Smash, as if sports games had any impact on Diddy's inclusion whatsoever, and as if any Paon DK game featuring Diddy had any influence on Brawl except Jungle Beat (and the arcade games), from which he was entirely absent.

Glad to see those people haven't discovered this thread yet.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, K. Rool was prominent in the Paon games as well.
It was literally JUST DKCR that he wasn't in in recent times.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That's not really a problem; so he wasn't in one game. Bowser wasn't in SMB2. Ganondorf wasn't in Skyward Sword. I doubt their going anywhere because of it. Not to mention his exclusion caused the biggest problem with DKCR. That was the only problem everyone agreed should have been rectified. So yeah, don't worry about DKCR too much. He'll probably be in.
Yeah, DKCR pretty much showed how popular K. Rool was by the reaction fans gave when they saw that he wasn't in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That reminds me...I made this under my Gamefaqs account name two summers ago, when it was revealed there would be "no crocodiles" in DKCR.

Its reasoning is rather flimsy at points, but it was still humorous to spread around the Internet.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Hey add me to the list on the first post! King K. Rool is definitely my most wanted character for the next Super Smash Bros. Great thread by the way. Glad to see there are a lot of other supporters.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
So, what sort of moves would he have? I can imagine him using his big leap-and-smash from the first game as his Up B, and perhaps pull out that blunderbuss from DKC2 s a projectile move, but what else?

Do you think he would use the Blast-O-Matic as a final smash?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a shame that we don't have a very good King K. Rool model around, as I'd like to compare his height to Bowser in a more accurate setup.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He could, although that model isn't the best, as it lacks a tail, for example. Just my guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about the K. Rool trophy in Brawl? Can you use the model there as a basis?

Trophy models are not the best models to use, since they're not set up in a T-stance position.

Anyway, the games that K. Rool has been in do not contain MDL0 files. But if I were to envision K. Rool's height, I'd say that he'd be slightly taller than Bowser.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool is one of the most deserving newcomers not in Smash and one of the most likely as well.

Is there any reason why K. Rool may not appear in this game aside from stupidity on Sakurai's behalf? Nope, can't think of any.

*inb4 Pieman0920 comes into the thread with the faulty relevance argument, which btw, is not something Sakurai considers when adding characters*

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
DIdn't notice that list of supporters on the first page until someone mentioned it. So, can you put me on that list of supports? K. Rool is possibly my most wanted newcomer so I definitely support him.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Glad to include you! If you posted earlier, you most likely weren't on originally due to saying something like 'K. Rool is a lock' rather than 'K. Rool is my favorite.' I only included the posters who expressed support, rather than everyone who posted.

I don't think any of K. Rool's under-the-radar haters would venture into this thread, because their half-hearted arguments against the character would be shot down in a heartbeat (and there are posts in the old SSB4 thread exposing them as using their own hate for reasoning against K. Rool, which is never an effective tactic).

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Glad to include you! If you posted earlier, you most likely weren't on originally due to saying something like 'K. Rool is a lock' rather than 'K. Rool is my favorite.' I only included the posters who expressed support, rather than everyone who posted.

I don't think any of K. Rool's under-the-radar haters would venture into this thread, because their half-hearted arguments against the character would be shot down in a heartbeat (and there are posts in the old SSB4 thread exposing them as using their own hate for reasoning against K. Rool, which is never an effective tactic).
C'mon BKupa! I'm not on the list either?!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The more, the merrier!

I'm not collapsing that list, just so K. Rool's popularity here is apparent to anyone who sees the OP.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That reminds me...I made this under my Gamefaqs account name two summers ago, when it was revealed there would be "no crocodiles" in DKCR.

Its reasoning is rather flimsy at points, but it was still humorous to spread around the Internet.
"Hawaiin accessories"?! ROFLMAO...That vid was pretty funny.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
...Dunsparce is on the semifinals. This poll is bogus.
And winning. There is no chance that Sakurai will even look at this poll with any ounce of seriousness. And because nobody took this poll seriously, if this is even somewhat offiicial it's going to discourage Sakurai from doing online polls in the West.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not surprised by the first one being King K. Rool. Being the most requested character ever does wonders, and it seems everyone agrees so far.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I have a question regarding King K. Rool & Japan. Since Sakurai wrote his trophy description stating that Kaptain K. Rool is his brother, is this how Japan sees it too? Or was that just ignorance on Sakurai's part?

This probably has been discussed already, I'm just too lazy to find it myself.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai likely didn't write every trophy description himself, but whoever did bought into the Japanese belief that K. Rool has brothers, and when it was translated into English, the mistake wasn't caught because it factually incorrect, rather than grammatically.

Top Bottom