• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
lol Geno has 4% of votes
somebodies trolling
but in all seriousness if dunsparce somehow makes it to Smash 4 I will hurt myself
King K Rool would be cool though

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai likely didn't write every trophy description himself, but whoever did bought into the Japanese belief that K. Rool has brothers, and when it was translated into English, the mistake wasn't caught because it factually incorrect, rather than grammatically.
Yeah, I don't really believe he could of actually written every trophy himself either. Surely Sakurai would know better. Thanx for clearing that up.

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Everytime I try to check on the VGTribune poll, I get an "Internal Server Error". Wonder if this has anything to do with the poll....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everytime I try to check on the VGTribune poll, I get an "Internal Server Error". Wonder if this has anything to do with the poll....
Skull Kid is currently in the lead with 51260 votes...

...All I have to say is: really?

D

Deleted member

Looks like K. Rool's the first character up for debate in SSBF's Rate their Chances thread. Time to show the forums just how likely the big man is, huh?
Did my part in explaining why I felt he was one of the most likely candidate for SSB4.

However, do remember that this game is purely for fun and should not be used for influencing speculation in the slightest. What we can gain from this, however, are arguments laid down for pros and cons of characters, so those who read can learn more about speculating and hopefully in return, makes e-drama like the Geno vs. Ridley war a thing of pre-Brawl's dark past.
Well K. Rool easily won Smash Bros. Fan's contest!
Not that I'm surprised.
I wouldn't say it has won yet. There are other candidates that could surpass King K. Rool in the final results for likelihood and want (and we haven't even gotten to the voting phase yet for likelihood). So don't count your chicken yet.
This statement is now going to get scorched in a fiery inferno from the volcanos of hell. To that I say "bravo" for causing the apocalypse due to your foolish nature.

The interesting thing about PsychoIncarnate is that you can easily tell when he's being serious and when he's trolling. Supporting Dunsparce is trolling on his part, but his defense of Geno, one of his most wanted characters, is very serious.

D

Deleted member

Don't see why, Geno is just as bad as Dunsparce. :troll:

But anyways...if any of you guys know about Super Smash Bros. Crusade, I hope you guys know K. Rool is going to be in it. And he will be voiced by yours truly. :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Awesome, Golden! I can see it, too, based on your performance as Porky. (I still find that hilarious.) Can you give us a sample of how he fights?

you should push for Muddy to be in...wink nudge wink wink nudge
:awesome:

D

Deleted member

I can't really push for anyone in at the moment, as the Roster is finalized.

As for how he fights, I'm not entirely sure, as I'm not the one spriting him, but he's going to be a bit of a bruiser, and will have some obvious moves such as the Krown Toss, the Blunderbuss shoot, and the Kopter Pak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I see. Can you give us the hints toward his playstyle, though? I'm curious.

D

Deleted member

There is also the idea that his Forward Smash would be the boxing glove toss.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Don't see why, Geno is just as bad as Dunsparce. :troll:

But anyways...if any of you guys know about Super Smash Bros. Crusade, I hope you guys know K. Rool is going to be in it. And he will be voiced by yours truly. :)
For serious? I remember telling you in the old thread that you'd be perfect for the role, based on "spankety spankety spankety!" Didn't you also say that his voice was supposed to be based off of his DKC cartoon iteration?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wonder if the votes wouldn't be so jank if they never said it wasn't going to be presented directly to Sakurai. I mean, no other poll has been as ridiculous as this, at least not at this level.

D

Deleted member

For serious? I remember telling you in the old thread that you'd be perfect for the role, based on "spankety spankety spankety!" Didn't you also say that his voice was supposed to be based off of his DKC cartoon iteration?
I did, but I could not copy that voice without making it sound completely ridiculous and off....

So I instead went the route of DK64, complete with voice effects.

EDIT: Here's a WIP on the voice, and yes, it needs a little work, ESPECIALLY the laugh. Feel free to critique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7nrwmCBU0

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That looks to be a good choice. Having DK making realistic gorilla sounds while K. Rool rants about the Crystal Coconut in a hammy British voice would be quite random indeed.

I eagerly await "Yeeeeah, thunk you!" as his taunt.

EDIT: Those echo effects are not only accurate, but fantastic! His addition will surely be one for the ages, whenever that may be.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I love King Ka-Rool like only a gator could love a croc! But he sadly has no chance because Rare still owns the Kremlings.
No they don't. Nintendo owns the rights to all the Donkey Kong characters. They've showed up several times since.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I dont know why so many people believe that Rare still owns any Donkey Kong stuff (other than a few very minor characters from Diddy Kong Racing but thats not the point). The amount of Nintendo games K. Rool and the Kremlings have been in since the buy out doesnt seem to stop people thinking this.

Well hopefully this will stop that believe once and for all if its true (probably posted several places on here already):

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/c...negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

If true I think this could be good news for K. Rool supporters as well. It would eliminate the argument of Nintendo being afraid of using Rare created characters. With Rare back on Nintendos side they could start making Donkey Kong (Country) games again, and we could see his rise finally.

D

Deleted member

Wonder if K. Rool will have the cartoon to influence any of his moves...

After all, it's apparently where DK got his Giant Punch (which shall now be dubbed the Banana Slamma :troll:).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, that was my thread...glad at least someone noticed!

Perhaps K. Rool can sing this as a taunt?

Also, from what I've heard, most of Rare's old developers have left the team, leaving the company as a mere shell of what it once was. Still, although Rare might not be able to make strong DKC games anymore, its purchase could mean big things for Banjo-Kazooie in Smash (as a duo character that makes sense), while clearing up any confusion about the Kremlings' status, as our dear KlumpKluxKlan seemed to have.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So I've been modding my copy of Project M a lot, and I've changed a lot of the Donkey Kong Country songs.[COLLAPSE="Click here for music (by stage)"][COLLAPSE="~Rumble Falls (the Project M version of this stage is awesome)~"]
Battle for Storm Hill (I accidentally searched this, and typed in "Bra" instead of "Brawl" before the results, and got some weird crap) was changed to Sticker Brush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Sticker Brush Symphony can be played on any level and sound good. I'm not kidding.

DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast) = Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country) (this song works really well as a menu song, actually)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="~Congo Jungle 64 (formerly the abomination known as 75M)~"]
Donkey Kong = Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
This song is perfect for this stage, or any peaceful stage. I really love how it sounds. It is such a nice peaceful (Jungle) song.
Opening (Donkey Kong) = Donkey Kong Country Title Theme (this song is perfect for any DKC stage)
25Bm BGM = Congo Jungle (Super Smash Bros.) {Comes with Project M}
I don't care what anyone says, the Congo Jungle remix is one of the best I've heard. That song simply must return in smash bros![/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="~Jungle Japes (Melee)~"]Kongo Jungle (Melee) = Jungle Garden (Smashing… Live!) (this orchestrated version kicks butt!)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Donkey Kong songs on other stages"]Hideout Helm (Donkey Kong 64)
I put this song on the "SSE: Jungle" level, and it fits really well.

I plan on adding more DK64 tunes, specifically the Creepy Castle theme on what was formerly Luigi's Mansion, and now is Dracula's (AWESOME) Castle in Project M.[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]I thought a lot of these songs I added would be great for a K. Rool stage, specifically Gangplank Galleon.

I would also like to note that I think all of the songs from Rumble Falls would fit Gangplank Galleon, as well as the Hideout Helm theme (which is awesome!). I also this odd, but I think the 2 Donkey Kong (arcade) songs would probably fit Gangplank Galleon really well, too. Not the 25M BGM theme, though. That should go to Flat Zone 3! :laugh:

And before anyone says it, yes, I am adding more Donkey Kong (Country) music to my Project M. I specifically plan on adding this masterpiece of a song (on some epic level).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hate the KKK, and I would never join them but I might make an exception to support King K.Rool for Smash 4.
Hope my girlfriend doesn't kill me though lol

+315925538451.69 for Stickerbush Symhpony

And WHUT, Nintendo wants to buy back Rare? Is this really the end of time?

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
And WHUT, Nintendo wants to buy back Rare? Is this really the end of time?
I doubt it's true. Microsoft won't sell them with all the money they're making off Kinect Sports, and their quality has taken a nosedive.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah maybe just BECAUSE of the quality drop they could sell Rare to Nintendo again? Or allow them to be a third party company to Nintendo. Anything could work.

D

Deleted member

I don't care about Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash, but I would love to see the series return to Nintendo and be treated much better.

Of course it has a 0% of happening, but it's nice to dream.

Also, I must be the only one who considered Mining Melancholy his favorite DKC2 song.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even if Rare would came back, I doubt it would automatically make them want to add Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. But no doubt Rare-created characters as K.Rool would be used more in games if they are allowed to make DK games again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't care about Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash, but I would love to see the series return to Nintendo and be treated much better.

Also, I must be the only one who considered Mining Melancholy his favorite DKC2 song.
I think it's close to universally agreed upon that the best three songs in DKC2 are Stickerbrush Symphony, Mining Melancholy and Forest Interlude. Hopefully all three make it into SSB4, alongside Crocodile Cacophony as K. Rool's theme, of course.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Even if Rare would came back, I doubt it would automatically make them want to add Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. But no doubt Rare-created characters as K.Rool would be used more in games if they are allowed to make DK games again.

I hope this is the case. I dont know why but K. Rool is one of my favourite characters. At least to see a return. I dont known why Donkey Kong and Diddy isnt enough they need a good proper rivial like K. Rool. Maybe because its just what ive grown up with but hes always been the nemesis for me.

Most people probably have Bowser with Mario games. For me it has always be Donkey Kong and K. Rool (that i recognised most ive played Mario from 1990ish onwards). DK and K. Rools battle has always struck accord to me for some reason always I dont know why.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Luckily for you K. Rool is considered one of, if not the, most likely newcomer. Now you can finally have that DK vs K. Rool battle in Smash! :D

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I hope this is the case. I dont know why but K. Rool is one of my favourite characters. At least to see a return. I dont known why Donkey Kong and Diddy isnt enough they need a good proper rivial like K. Rool. Maybe because its just what ive grown up with but hes always been the nemesis for me.

Most people probably have Bowser with Mario games. For me it has always be Donkey Kong and K. Rool (that i recognised most ive played Mario from 1990ish onwards). DK and K. Rools battle has always struck accord to me for some reason always I dont know why.
Yeah, he, like, stole his bananas. So meaningful. I think Rare said that he either wants to eat the bananas or starve the Kongs so he can occupy DK's treehouse.

And I agree that K.Rool should be in Smash 4. DK is underrepresented (in stages and music as well), and K.Rool is the obvious choice. They could throw Dixie in, too. I just hope K.Rool looks like his Rare design. The Paon one is ugly and generic.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Woooooooooooaaaaahhh....luckily, you certainly are not. That theme is amazing.

That rumor is way too amazing to be true btw.

D

Deleted member

Woooooooooooaaaaahhh....luckily, you certainly are not. That theme is amazing.

That rumor is way too amazing to be true btw.
If there's one thing I like the most aside from characters in a Smash game, they are the music. The music in Brawl was some of the best OSTs I have ever seen in a video game and I look forward to see more of those this game.

Mining Melancholy orchestrated for this game would be fantastic.

Top Bottom