• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I hope there's a DK AT yet to be revealed, be it Cranky, Squawks, Rambi, King Kut Out, Chunky or K. Lumsy.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
This ought to be a thing.

I reckon Cranky is a reasonably proficient guess. He seems like he'd fit the criteria perfectly: an important, yet non-playable, character with a supporting role and plenty of potential for an interesting battle gimmick.
He doesn't have an obvious combat gimmick because his main role in the games is to just talk. Unless of course they give him his pogo mechanic from TF.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
He doesn't have an obvious combat gimmick because his main role in the games is to just talk. Unless of course they give him his pogo mechanic from TF.
I'm pretty sure that in and of itself counts as an obvious combat gimmick. Bouncing around on his pogo stick sounds exactly like something that would fit perfectly into the absurd and chaotic gameplay of Smash.

And as for his vocal intensities - Mr Resetti says hello~

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Or they could give him his magical sliding rocking chair from the credits sequence to DKC. :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Krool is one of the random names when you pick a name in the character selection.
Quoted from PushDustin:
Sorry Isaac fans, Isaac appears as a name in random name selection:

Here's the list: Krool, Gumbolaya,Toad, Mona, Ouch, Combo, Kappn, AGGGGGGH,Groth, Isaac, Fanana, Right,Deku, Buddy, Prog, Chowder,Hello

inb4 Krool, Toad, Kappn and Buddy confirmed for Smash.

This video also further hurts the possibility of Mario Bros as a stage. It shows the Fighter Fly as a Mario series related trophy. It will most likely appear with the other Mario Bros trophies (A category we know that exists from a different video).
The first statement is sarcasm by the way.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I wouldn't be surprised if Suckerai considers that adequate acknowledgement of K. Rool, and is therefore a bad sign rather than a good one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, here's something interesting. The Stage Discussion thread is currently convinced that there's another DK stage in the game, most likely Kongo Jungle Melee, for multiple reasons.

1.) DK Rap is still MIA.
2.) A DK stage is the only stage that would fit into that last slot up top. The Mario stages are split into 2D and 3D stages just fine, so its not likely to be a classic Mushroom Kingdom stage.
3.) Most important of all, Kongo Jungle is specifically called "Kongo Jungle (64)." Another stage follows a similar example: "Mario Circuit (Brawl)."

Technically that means DK would have four stages, but not necessarily. Thing is, 75m is really only half a DK stage; its also a Mario stage.

Also, Isaac reasserts himself as the next most likely DLC character with still no sign of him in the game, and a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn music track discovered on Palutena's Temple. Maybe if DK having a fourth stage pans out we'll get another DK remix? Maybe Crocodile Cacophany? Pretty please Sakurai?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So, here's something interesting. The Stage Discussion thread is currently convinced that there's another DK stage in the game, most likely Kongo Jungle Melee, for multiple reasons.

1.) DK Rap is still MIA.
2.) A DK stage is the only stage that would fit into that last slot up top. The Mario stages are split into 2D and 3D stages just fine, so its not likely to be a classic Mushroom Kingdom stage.
3.) Most important of all, Kongo Jungle is specifically called "Kongo Jungle (64)." Another stage follows a similar example: "Mario Circuit (Brawl)."

Technically that means DK would have four stages, but not necessarily. Thing is, 75m is really only half a DK stage; its also a Mario stage.

Also, Isaac reasserts himself as the next most likely DLC character with still no sign of him in the game, and a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn music track discovered on Palutena's Temple. Maybe if DK having a fourth stage pans out we'll get another DK remix? Maybe Crocodile Cacophany? Pretty please Sakurai?
Why do you mention the rap being MIA, as if you have reason to believe it's in the game?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why do you mention the rap being MIA, as if you have reason to believe it's in the game?
Because almost every single past song from Brawl is in the game. Why is the DK Rap missing? It was in both the past two Smash games. In fact, even more notable, it was THE main song on the Kongo Jungle stage in Melee. In Brawl, it was instead added to Jungle Japes.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

1.) DK Rap is still MIA.

It's called Kongo Jungle 64, not Kongo Jungle (64). The bracket for Mario Circuit (Brawl) is used to signify which game it's from, whereas the "64" after Kongo Jungle suggests that it's an N64 throwback, which it is. I have a hard time believing that they would through so much effort to bring back two DK jungle stages from Melee when Rumble Falls would have been much easier to port over. Personally, I don't think we're getting any more stages, and if we do, it will be another N64 stage like Dream Land or Saffron City. Hopefully I'm wrong!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's called Kongo Jungle 64, not Kongo Jungle (64). The bracket for Mario Circuit (Brawl) is used to signify which game it's from, whereas the "64" after Kongo Jungle suggests that it's an N64 throwback, which it is. I have a hard time believing that they would through so much effort to bring back two DK jungle stages from Melee when Rumble Falls would have been much easier to port over. Personally, I don't think we're getting any more stages, and if we do, it will be another N64 stage like Dream Land or Saffron City. Hopefully I'm wrong!
The problem is, the only franchises in a position to get a new stage are DK and Mario. And the way Mario's stages are laid out, a returning stage isn't all that likely... Mario's stages start with 2D Platformers, then 3D Platformers, then finally spinoffs. The spinoffs shift over to the next line and are right before the DK stages. There are really no past Mario stages that can plausibly fit into that setup without messing up the lineup. Unless they plan to mess up the lineup.

Zelda doesn't really have room for a stage, either. If Zelda gets a new stage, one stage is on the line above after Donkey Kong. If there was going to be a stage for Zelda on the previous line, it should appear up there.

The only other thing I can think of is a Mario RPG stage, but that would require another brand new stage we don't know about. And honestly, I don't think there are any more "new" stages in the game by default. So if there's another stage up top (and there probably is), its either an oddly placed Mario stage or another DK stage.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey, remember when we were saying the clones being separate from their series was weird?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What if the remaining stage is a Tropical Freeze stage that, like the Miiverse stage, is still being developed and will be released after Nov. 21?

Side note, it hasn't escaped my notice that Sakurai has spent at least one day on the website discussing the vast majority of new stages. . .except for Jungle Hijinxs.

I've taken the K. Rool moveset I made several weeks ago and posted it to Reddit to get more eyes on it and hopefully garner more interest for him as a character. If you have a moment, please upvote the link so people can locate and read it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What if the remaining stage is a Tropical Freeze stage that, like the Miiverse stage, is still being developed and will be released after Nov. 21?

Side note, it hasn't escaped my notice that Sakurai has spent at least one day on the website discussing the vast majority of new stages. . .except for Jungle Hijinxs.

I've taken the K. Rool moveset I made several weeks ago and posted it to Reddit to get more eyes on it and hopefully garner more interest for him as a character. If you have a moment, please upvote the link so people can locate and read it. Thanks in advance!
Well then I'd wonder why they decided to tack '64' on the end of Kongo Jungle. So far everything seems to point towards Kongo Jungle Melee, unless they decided to make a new Kongo Jungle stage, which I highly doubt.

Also, has Rumble Falls been ruled out?

Your idea of a DLC TF stage has made me start dreaming of a Dixie plus TF stage bundle. Why does my mind wander to such places...

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Well then I'd wonder why they decided to tack '64' on the end of Kongo Jungle. So far everything seems to point towards Kongo Jungle Melee, unless they decided to make a new Kongo Jungle stage, which I highly doubt.

Your idea of a DLC TF stage has made me start dreaming of a Dixie plus TF stage bundle. Why does my mind wander to such places...
Because it's from the N64 era, and the aesthetics reflect that. The reason they don't label the other returning stages is because most of them are graphically on par with what we have now. Kongo Jungle was my second favorite Melee stage behind Fountain of Dreams, so I'd like to see it come back at some point, but this "evidence" is sketchy at best.

heres a cool idea for a stage,the stage is "crocodile isle"

its a travelling stage(like defino plaza/skyworld from zelda) that drops the fighters off at iconic locations from dkc 2, first it drops you off at the galleon where the wind can blow and it rains sometimes,then the volcano where lava can damage players and you can jump on crocodile heads that are in the lava as a platform,then the swamps with lily pads as platforms,then the carnival which could be a roller coaster ride,or even the bee hive with honey everywhere that may or may not slow down the players when the stand on it.,then the encahnted forest where the wind blows,or maybe the library where the ghost can attack you if you dont collect certian barrels to add more to the timer thats overs fighters heads,when it reaches zero you get attacked but not enough to k.o you unless you are high on damage ,then to toxic tower with rising acid......and finally to the bramble tree up at the highest spot on the entire island where thor'ns can hurt you.

some more places could be

in the mines with the shiny crystals in the background

or underwater in the galleon with lockjaws trying to bite ya.

or in a snow bound land with slippery surfaces.

or in/on top of the flying croc.

or in klubbas kiosk,and onto the lost work/crocodile core.

and all the while a medley of dkc 2 songs play while fighting(and the songs change accordingly with the location of the fight).

that would be awsome,although the hazards will be annoying it would still be cool,and hopefully k rool isnt a stage boss,if he is we would fight him in the flying croc or in the crocodile core.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman , do you have a picture of the Stage Select Screen to show that there could potentially be a hidden Donkey Kong stage?
The information received came through leaks of people who had the game, indicating that the last "openings" in the roster were the second and final rows.

http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-discussion.324223/page-76#post-17963470

Well, about that:

This was a construct made by Vaanrose using all the stuff we had learned regarding stage placement. Miiverse is incorrect (DLC stage post-release) so that's as blank as the stage on the second row, meaning there are upwards of two missing stages on rows 2 and 8.

One possibility is that there are no further remaining stages at all, and that rows one and eight have five as opposed to six stages, but that would force Delfino onto the second row. The rather perfect stage organization of the above conflicts with that, as the Mario series seem to have stages separated as follows;

2D platformer > 3D platformer > Mario Kart > Misc.

This technically debunks any returning Mario stages at all since it would force jumbling of rows, and makes a Donkey Kong stage the most likely outcome. It's unlikely to be a Party stage because a MP9 track appears on Mario Circuit 8, and it's unlikely to be sports related because Mario Circuit Brawl has a Tennis/Golf sports mix theme on it.

The stage ordering itself is as follows;

64 Series > Melee Series > Brawl Series > Smash 4 series > Retro > Misc > Third Party.

Port Town is unlikely to move up to give room for row 3 because its placement has consistently across all stage select screens been between Metroid stages and Yoshi stages, and FZ2 by series order would need to be with Fire Emblem. So the main thing to get is that either it's a VERY off-the-grid/unexpected Mario Stage or it's a DK stage that's either Kongo Jungle Melee or a new DK stage. The fact Kongo Jungle as a past stage has "64" in it may actually be a bit of a clue.

Yes, Rumble Falls has been ruled out. All the music from Rumble Falls is accounted for.

Here's all deconfirmed returning stages:

I suppose I might contribute my list regarding confirmed/debunked/unknown/etc stages. I built it over the course of the past couple of weeks as information came out. I compiled this, so the 3DS stages have actual track names whereas non-3DS ones don't:

Deconfirmed:

-3D Land: Main theme appears on Delfino Plaza. (Super Mario 3D Land Theme / Beach Theme.)
-Golden Plains: Both themes appear on Mushroom Kingdom U. (Athletic / Ground Theme, Ground Theme / Underground Theme.)
-Rainbow Road: Main theme appears on Mario Circuit 8. (Rainbow Road Medley.)
-Mushroomy Kingdom: Main theme appears on Mushroom Kingdom U. (Ground Theme.)
-Jungle Japes: Main theme appears on Kongo Jungle 64, alternate theme appears on Jungle Hijinx. (Kongo Jungle, Gear Getaway.)
-Gerudo Valley: Both themes appear on Skyloft. (Gerudo Valley, Ocarina of Time Medley.)
-Spirit Tracks: Main theme appears on Temple, alternate theme appears on Skyloft. (Full Steam Ahead, Main Theme/Underworld Theme.)
-Brinstar: Both themes appear on Norfair. (Brinstar, Brinstar Depths.)
-Yoshi's Island: Both themes appear on Yoshi's Wooly World. (Obstacle Course, Ending (Yoshi's Story).)
-Corneria: Both themes appear on Orbital Gate Assault. (Corneria, Star Wolf's Theme/Sector Z.)
-Unova Pokemon League: Theme appears on Kalos Pokemon League. (N's Castle Medley.)
-Prism Tower: Theme appears on Kalos Pokemon League. (Battle! (Trainer Battle) (Pokémon X and Pokémon Y).)
-Mute City: Both themes appear on Port Town Aero Dive. (Mute City, Mute City.)
-Magicant: Both themes appear on Onett. (Magicant/Eight Melodies (Mother), Smilies and Tears.)
-Arena Ferox: Main theme appears on Coliseum, alternate theme appears on Castle Siege. (Id (Purpose), Fire Emblem.)
-Reset Bomb Forest: Both themes appear on Palutena's Temple. (Wrath of the Reset Bomb, Dark Pit's Theme.)
-WarioWare, Inc: Both themes appear on Gamer. (WarioWare, Inc., Ashley's Song (JP).)
-Distant Planet: Both themes appear on Garden of Hope. (Main Theme (Pikmin), Stage Select.)
-Balloon Fight: Main theme appears on Wrecking Crew. (Balloon Fight Medley.)
-Living Room: Both themes appear on Wii Fit Studio. (Bath Time Theme, Bath Time Theme (Vocal Mix).)
-Pictochat 2: Main theme appears on 75m. (Pictochat.)
-Green Hill Zone: Both themes appear on Windy Hill Zone. (Green Hill Zone, Live and Learn.)
-Pac-Maze: Both themes appear on Pac-Land. (PAC-MAN, PAC-MAN (Club Mix).)
-Summit (Music assets were distributed to Boxing Ring and Wrecking Crew. Ice Climbers are gone.)
-Shadow Moses Island (No sign of Snake or Metal Gear content.)
-New Pork City (Music assets were distributed to Onett. Lucas is gone.)
-Pictochat (Music assets were distributed to Wii Fit Studio, 75m, Wrecking Crew, and Wuhu Island. Stage is more 3DS appropriate, and a sequel to it is on the 3DS version.)
-Spear Pillar (Music assets were distributed to Kalos. Palkia is a Pokeball Pokemon.)
-Frigate Orpheon (Music assets were distributed to Norfair and Pyrosphere.)
-Mario Bros. (Music assets were distributed to 75m and Wrecking Crew.)
-Rumble Falls (Music assets were distributed to Kongo Jungle 64 and Jungle Hijinx.)
-Green Greens (Music assets were distributed to Great Cave Offensive.)
-Big Blue (Music assets were distributed to Wrecking Crew and Port Town Aero Dive.)
-Rainbow Cruise (Music assets were distributed to Delfino Plaza.)
-Brinstar Depths (Theme is on Norfair.)
-Yoshi's Story (Theme is on Yoshi's Island Melee.)
-Venom (Theme is on Lylat Cruise.)
-Princess Peach's Castle (Theme is on Delfino Plaza.)
-Great Bay (Theme is on Hyrule Temple.)
-Mute City Melee (Theme is on Port Town Aero Dive.)
-Poke Floats (Theme is on Pokemon Stadium 2.)
-Yoshi's Island 64 (Theme is on Yoshi's Island Melee.)
-Sector Z 64 (Spiritual successor was Corneria. Music that would most likely be used on this stage is used in other Star Fox stages.)

Unlikely:
-Paper Mario: "Try, Try Again" appears on Yoshi's Wooly World.
-Dream Land: "Green Greens Ver. 2" appears on Great Cave Offensive.
-Tortimer island: "Kapp'n's Theme" appears on Town and City.
-Pirate Ship (Most music besides its two main themes seem to be distributed elsewhere.)
-Pokemon Stadium 1 (Theme most likely used on Pokemon Stadium 2 as returning stage tracklists have been expanded.)
-Icicle Mountain (Ice Climbers gone, themes already re-mixed in Brawl and used elsewhere.)
-Hanenbow (DS-centric stage that lacks water physics. Would've most likely been in the 3DS version.)
-Flat Zone (Theme is most likely on Flat Zone 2.)

Unknown:
-Find Mii
-Tomodachi Life
-Fountain of Dreams
-Kongo Jungle Melee
-Mushroom Kingdom Melee
-Mushroom Kingdom II
-Fourside
-Hyrule Castle 64
-Dream Land 64
-Saffron City 64
-Mushroom Kingdom 64
-Peach's Castle 64
-Planet Zebes 64

Should be noted that any stage outside of a Donkey Kong stage and an unknown series stage are technically unlikely once you examine the stage organization.
The note about Jungle Japes isn't technically accurate. Kongo Jungle 64's music does appear on Smash 3DS, but so does the Jungle Japes music. Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle Melee are currently the only DK music tracks from past games missing.

Last edited:
while searching for k rool figurines/toys/merchendise i found this image of a kaptain k rool brawl mod,and he fits in smash so well. and this is low quality,imagine how he would look when its official.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
while searching for k rool figurines/toys/merchendise i found this image of a kaptain k rool brawl mod,and he fits in smash so well. and this is low quality,imagine how he would look when its official.

Darken his skin a bit and give him a gold belly as well as a tail and he'll be my character 24/7, I'll literally be determined to be the best at using him and whuping all those other so called pro. players online. Other than that, this is pretty much perfect. Though they should fix the skull on his hat though, make it a kremling skull logo instead of a regular one like in DKC2.

By the way, here's a rare cool remix of Baron K. Roolenstein's boss theme in DKC3. I think it's safe to say by then he was already messed up.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
While I can't claim to know what reason @ Magikarpow Magikarpow has for declaring K. Rool as his most wanted, I don't find it unusual. There are plenty of reasons people may support characters even if they haven't played their games. Perhaps they know a bit about the character and really like them, perhaps they think that the character has a lot of potential as a Smash character and would be fun to play as, or perhaps they recognize that the character in question is beloved by many and wish to see that character included for their sake. To put it simply, I don't think it's necessary to play a character's game to support the character.
I like him because DK deserve more reps, and he represents a time when Donkey Kong Country and Rare were alive. It's quite disappointing that he hasn't been in anymore DKC games :/

King K. Rool has huge moveset potential and is well known by Donkey Kong fans, arguably better than Dixie. Dixie also has a limited moveset, whereas King K. Rool has a huge moveset.

Plus, every big series needs their antagonist... where's the K. Rool?!

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I like him because DK deserve more reps, and he represents a time when Donkey Kong Country and Rare were alive. It's quite disappointing that he hasn't been in anymore DKC games :/

King K. Rool has huge moveset potential and is well known by Donkey Kong fans, arguably better than Dixie. Dixie also has a limited moveset, whereas King K. Rool has a huge moveset.

Plus, every big series needs their antagonist... where's the K. Rool?!
Dixie would be more known overall now due to appearing in a recent game. Most of the younger generation whose first console was the Wii would have never played a K Rool game.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Dixie would be more known overall now due to appearing in a recent game. Most of the younger generation whose first console was the Wii would have never played a K Rool game.
I said arguably. Plus, DKC: Tropical Freeze has sold just about 0.75 mil copies so she really isn't all that popular yet.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Not true, both Barrel blast and Mario Super Sluggers had the king, and the latter had good popularity, he was also in king of swing and jungle climber(GBA and DS)

He may not have been in a main game, but anyone who came in on the wii would know him loosely

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not true, both Barrel blast and Mario Super Sluggers had the king, and the latter had good popularity, he was also in king of swing and jungle climber(GBA and DS)

He may not have been in a main game, but anyone who came in on the wii would know him loosely
Not to mention VC titles.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't like the argument that "younger audiences must be pandered to" for a number of reasons. One, the list of characters they know is very limited to begin with (hence why, on those "name the Smash characters" tests, most people fail miserably), two, they care very little who's in the game anyway and will buy no matter what (although so will the "hardcore" fans, to be fair), and three, with DLC especially, it's the hardcore fans that will be driving the bulk of the sales, the ones who will care about the game beyond just a week or two and want to buy new characters for it.

It's also selective as hell. Sure, we can stick in handfuls of obscure one-offs and niche RPG swordsmen whose games sold maybe a million three years ago, but that main villain whose debut game sold ten million during a golden era of gaming, who had a perfect attendance in DKC up until very recently and who is still getting facetime with the rereleases of all his old games? TOO FAR. NOT HAPPENING.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I'm really starting to doubt Chunkygate now, given how no Wii U exclusive ATs have been mentioned. Looks like we're ATless again.
With the fact that Chunky's literal only appearances in games is as a playable in DK64, a cameo in DKC3 for GBA, and as a sticker in Brawl, I never really expected it. Which is a darn shame, really, he was always my favorite Kong. :/

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
To add more to the younger audience argument, I have a cousin who is ten years old and plays Smash whenever he comes over. The only other series he has played is Mario, Kirby, Wii games and knows who Sonic and Pac-Man are. Yet, he wants K. Rool and Ridley just because they look cool. In my experiences at least, as long as the character is cool and fun to play they don't care.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
With the fact that Chunky's literal only appearances in games is as a playable in DK64, a cameo in DKC3 for GBA, and as a sticker in Brawl, I never really expected it. Which is a darn shame, really, he was always my favorite Kong. :/
I find it baffling that Lanky and Tiny are playable in Barrel Blast and have trophies in Brawl and yet Chunky isn't in both cases. It doesn't make sense at all. Are they trying to push Chunky aside?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Come to think of it, has NoA gotten any Rare-era DK VC post-3DS/Wii U? Europe got the original trilogy back and Japan has, just about everything else, but I've heard nothing stateside.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
ChunkyWatch info. According to Andre (?) from GameXplain, he hasn't seen any Wii U exclusive ATs yet, "if there are any and seems like there aren't."
@ 8:59 of the video

Kinda disappointing, was hoping we would see Chunky. Looks like DK has no AT once again.. Sigh..
Well I could be wrong and maybe he's still hidden somewhere, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom