• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Strange how we haven't had supporters recently, oh well.
If K. Rool gets a trailer, his tagline should be "King K. Rool Krashes the Kompetition".
Lol, I've been advocating for "Krushes the Kompetition" for some time now, but that's pretty good, too.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
If K. Rool gets a trailer, his tagline should be "King K. Rool Krashes the Kompetition".
It is odd isn't it? The K. Rool thread is not really as active as it usually is. I wonder why....

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It is odd isn't it? The K. Rool thread is not really as active as it usually is. I wonder why....
Are people giving in?
I for one, will fight until the bitter end (which hopefully never comes).
If the galleon sinks, so shall I.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, there's not much to talk about right now. I don't find it very odd. Once the game is out we'll be talking more about the game again, and speculating on DLC characters. Its just calm right now because reviewers have the game and we're still waiting for it to come.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Naturally, as the game's release gets closer and closer, people's attention shifts away from "what could have been [and still can be]" toward "what is." After the initial few weeks of hype settle down, though, attention will shift back toward K. Rool and other DLC characters, especially after Mewtwo gets released next year.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Naturally, as the game's release gets closer and closer, people's attention shifts away from "what could have been [and still can be]" toward "what is." After the initial few weeks of hype settle down, though, attention will shift back toward K. Rool and other DLC characters, especially after Mewtwo gets released next year.
I certainly have been part of that shift, for sure. Especially due to the Orbital Gate codecs. It was the last thing I was curious about for Smash Wii U.

I'm not so certain I'll hang around after the game releases, though.

However, I'll say that I sincerely hope for the best for K. Rool. I look forward to the possibility of him as DLC.

But first...

I need Ninty to show me that there is more DLC than Mewtwo. Only then will I probably return to the threads, assuming it isn't known before the game comes out.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I certainly have been part of that shift, for sure. Especially due to the Orbital Gate codecs. It was the last thing I was curious about for Smash Wii U.

However, I'll say that I sincerely hope for the best for K. Rool. I look forward to the possibility of him as DLC.

But first...

I need Ninty to show me that there is more DLC than Mewtwo. Only then will I probably return to the threads, assuming it isn't known before the game comes out.
I checked the link in your signature... Krystal's out, even in the codecs, isn't she? :(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

But first...

Considering the fact that MK8 and Hyrule Warriors are both getting DLC, I see no reason at all to doubt DLC for Smash. It feels very, very weird that Nintendo would keep the teams together for an additional six months JUST for Mewtwo as well. Mewtwo was an early promo, but more DLC is practically guaranteed. Of course I'm not in the mood to predict who I think will be chosen, but I certainly think it is happening.

I checked the link in your signature... Krystal's out, even in the codecs, isn't she? :(
Haven't seen the one for Lylat Cruise, but only the original four are in Orbital Gate Assault.

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Considering the fact that MK8 and Hyrule Warriors are both getting DLC, I see no reason at all to doubt DLC for Smash. It feels very, very weird that Nintendo would keep the teams together for an additional six months JUST for Mewtwo as well.

Except that its felt like most of the Wii U games I have played so far had just enough put in to get you excited about the game and nothing more. Mewtwo gets everyone excited for whats to come when really that is it. I really hope I'm wrong about this but I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo was all we got.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Except that its felt like most of the Wii U games I have played so far had just enough put in to get you excited about the game and nothing more. Mewtwo gets everyone excited for whats to come when really that is it. I really hope I'm wrong about this but I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo was all we got.
Again, here's the issue. Money. DLC will sell like hotcakes. I don't expect TOO too much, but I definitely expect it to happen because it will both extend the life cycle of the game and also make more money for Nintendo.

And yeah, I understand the arguments about how Smash characters are harder to make than characters from MK8 and HW. However, in MK8, the stages are the parts that require far more development time to make than anything else. The stages are more comparable to Smash character DLC, and each pack has two full cups. I don't expect that many characters, but for Smash I can easily see 1-2 new characters and 1 veteran character per pack with 2-4 packs releases (depending on how many years they want to take it, though I'd anticipate probably only 1 year at first, 2 if they decide they want to expand it even more).

Its all about the money.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I never doubted there will be DLC pre-Wii U direct yet some people around here believed it wouldn't happen for some reason. I also don't doubt we'll only get Mewtwo and I personally think we can get around 5-6 characters as DLC along with a buttload of other content since Sakurai is a supporter of how DLC was presented in Fallout 3 which from I know of Fallout (not much) was like an expansion pack. Just Mewtwo seems a bit odd no matter how much name power Mewtwo has and one character doesn't expand the game that much.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I never doubted there will be DLC pre-Wii U direct yet some people around here believed it wouldn't happen for some reason. I also don't doubt we'll only get Mewtwo and I personally think we can get around 5-6 characters as DLC along with a buttload of other content since Sakurai is a supporter of how DLC was presented in Fallout 3 which from I know of Fallout (not much) was like an expansion pack. Just Mewtwo seems a bit odd no matter how much name power Mewtwo has and one character doesn't expand the game that much.
Exactly my point. Of course, as much as I want K. Rool, I don't "expect" to get K. Rool specifically, but I think his chances are decent. I won't get my hopes up for it happening but I'll request K. Rool and Isaac for sure. Honestly the cut veterans don't really bother me that much.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Again, here's the issue. Money. DLC will sell like hotcakes. I don't expect TOO too much, but I definitely expect it to happen because it will both extend the life cycle of the game and also make more money for Nintendo.

And yeah, I understand the arguments about how Smash characters are harder to make than characters from MK8 and HW. However, in MK8, the stages are the parts that require far more development time to make than anything else. The stages are more comparable to Smash character DLC, and each pack has two full cups. I don't expect that many characters, but for Smash I can easily see 1-2 new characters and 1 veteran character per pack with 2-4 packs releases (depending on how many years they want to take it, though I'd anticipate probably only 1 year at first, 2 if they decide they want to expand it even more).

Its all about the money.
I agree with you, and I believe they will at least fill the the 3DS screen. However further development of DLC characters may not have been fully decided yet and ultimately they could choose to focus their attention on an upcoming title. Again I'm just trying to point out the worst case scenario here. Ive just been disapointed to many times to ignore it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Just Mewtwo seems a bit odd no matter how much name power Mewtwo has and one character doesn't expand the game that much.
It's not that odd really. Mewtwo is being used as ploy to try get people to buy both versions. So although deep down I think DLC will happen, I'm trying not to expect anything.

If we get anything DK, I think it'll be Dixie. Recency matters when you're talking about paying for characters. Dixie can probably sell to the younger generation whereas I suspect Nintendo doubts K. Rool can do the same. I think Dixie would have to come in a bundle because I don't see Nintendo trusting Dixie to sell on her own.

Then again I doubt Suckerai will do anything DK. If we get anything it'll probably just be vets and more anime characters.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only other "anime sword fighter" I really see happening is Isaac... and he has so much Psynergy he doesn't even need to use a sword in his moveset anyway, and probably wouldn't use it for a lot of his attacks. :p

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I remember a FFA I had about a month ago. There was Robin, Shulk, Link, and Greninja (me).

At some points I legitimately got the three mixed up with each other. So many human(oid) pretty boy sword users. Sigh... At least the character confirming DLC isn't one.

All the more reason why we needs guys like the King in here. Moar variety.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Since Nintendo want's to use SSB as a marketing point, the only hope I can see for KKR been playable is, when he gets a lead role in a new future game. Otherwise the 5 slots have to go for other characters in the near future like the squid girls & boys from Splatoon, Captain Toad and Wolf, because of the new Star Fox.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I remember a FFA I had about a month ago. There was Robin, Shulk, Link, and Greninja (me).

At some points I legitimately got the three mixed up with each other. So many human(oid) pretty boy sword users. Sigh... At least the character confirming DLC isn't one.

All the more reason why we needs guys like the King in here. Moar variety.
At least Link is cool and more recognizable and has had all kinds of animated styles besides anime, plus I think the Zelda games have more cool and interesting characters as well as baddies. Other than that though I agree.

I always found cartoon animated characters to be more fun and enjoyable anyway. Everyone theses days thinks games need to have "AWESOME" realistic graphics to be good.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know I just realized something:

Bowser: I shall kidnap Peach and if Mario saves her, I'll just kidnap her again, bwahaha!

Ganon: The triforce WILL be mine!

King K Rool: I'll steal the ape's golden bananas just so I can starve them because that's how I role! They defeated me? how dare they, I'll kidnap DK, the strongest Kong of them all, that didn't work? then I'll kidnap him again and this time his pal Diddy Kong too! My Island Noooo, that's it screw these annoying Monkeys, I'm going to blow up their Island with my Blast'O Matic and this time no one will stop me, not even my own henchman, mwahahaha!

As much as I like Bowser and Ganon too, I think what makes K. Rool so unique is that he's always coming up with new ways to defeat the Kongs and the fact that he becomes more insane as the games progress is what makes him awesome.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
Just want to add my support to the cause. K. Rool has been one of my favorite villains in Nintendo history and I really think he has the most personality of all of them.

When it comes to more DLC for SSB, I think it all hinges on how well the DLC for MK8 sells. If it sells a ton, there's no reason for them not not release a character for SSB every couple months as it'd likely be even more popular than new MK8 tracks. Nintendo needs money and this is an easy way to get some.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just want to add my support to the cause. K. Rool has been one of my favorite villains in Nintendo history and I really think he has the most personality of all of them.

When it comes to more DLC for SSB, I think it all hinges on how well the DLC for MK8 sells. If it sells a ton, there's no reason for them not not release a character for SSB every couple months as it'd likely be even more popular than new MK8 tracks. Nintendo needs money and this is an easy way to get some.
Welkome!!

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I joined the supporters before that was the thing we did to new supporters. :p
So I never got one.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know I just realized something:

Bowser: I shall kidnap Peach and if Mario saves her, I'll just kidnap her again, bwahaha!

Ganon: The triforce WILL be mine!

King K Rool: I'll steal the ape's golden bananas just so I can starve them because that's how I role! They defeated me? how dare they, I'll kidnap DK, the strongest Kong of them all, that didn't work? then I'll kidnap him again and this time his pal Diddy Kong too! My Island Noooo, that's it screw these annoying Monkeys, I'm going to blow up their Island with my Blast'O Matic and this time no one will stop me, not even my own henchman, mwahahaha!

As much as I like Bowser and Ganon too, I think what makes K. Rool so unique is that he's always coming up with new ways to defeat the Kongs and the fact that he becomes more insane as the games progress is what makes him awesome.
K. Rool strikes me as an archetypal American Saturday morning cartoon villain taken up to eleven. He's got the madcap schemes, the grandiose lair, the bumbling henchmen and the cockamamie capers in spades - and yet what set him apart is that he's just bloody insane. Most villains usually yell and stamp their feet about their losses and then go work on another plan, but there's a sort of self-perpetuating cycle there of getting back up and trying again without any real sense of danger or wrath. In K. Rool's case, you can actually feel his mounting despair and obscene desperation building into something wonderful and terrible: he knows he's going down, and he's taking everybody else with him, just firing everything left, right and center and everywhere else besides in the hopes that he'll at least go out with a bang. There's a level of psycho-emotive intensity there that you don't normally get with such kooky, cartoon-esque villains - I admire K. Rool for that. He's got guts and glory and nobody can deny it, y'know?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey Kutthroats, I want to make a HUGE apology for the lack of K. Rool PotD for an entire week, and a day, so to make up for some of it, have some Pixel Art I did in Pixel Paint.

Last edited:

Craxian

Smash Rookie
Have there been any hints about more Downloadable Kontent recently? I'm still hoping he get to see the King restored to his former glory soon.

(Side note: I've been supporting this for a while now, yet was never officially made part of the Kremling Krew. Has he updated the list recently?)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Have there been any hints about more Downloadable Kontent recently? I'm still hoping he get to see the King restored to his former glory soon.

(Side note: I've been supporting this for a while now, yet was never officially made part of the Kremling Krew. Has he updated the list recently?)
As far as we know, nothing has come up since the Mewtwo reveal. Just gonna have to wait until more announcements come. As for the list, you'll have to ask @ BKupa666 BKupa666 about it.

Just in case if you haven't been officially part of the krew yet..
Welkome aboard

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Methinks K. Rool is broken by DK 64. He captures his giant nephew (K.Lutzy) and has the most bosses to date chasing down DK and friends. Also, in DKC2 he took one Kong. In 3 he took 2. But he takes 4 Kong's in DK 64.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ Craxian Craxian I haven't updated the list since this section of the board opened back up again. I'm a bit busy in real life at the moment, but before too much longer, the entire OP is in need of a new coat of paint. I'll add you when that happens.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What are you even talking about? I find assertions like this about Nintendo's DLC habits to be absolutely unfounded. They are, to me, the epitome of how companies SHOULD handle DLC.

Their first venture into Downloadable content came in New Super Mario Bros U, which took every single level and redesigned it in a harder version for Luigi's year. Twenty dollars and about a 50percent increase to the games playable time.

Mario Kart is adding 6 characters (3 of them are even super awesome), and 16 courses with completley unique characteristics based on old courses and old games from Nintendo, not to mention the new karts. 50 percent increase to the game, 12 dollars I think.

Hyrule Warriors is where it gets insane. Three additional adventure maps alone is just an absurd amount of content, those maps take a really long time. Plus three characters, weapons, costumes, who knows what else?
I wouldn't know how to quantify this amount in percentage, but its twenty bucks.

Please, good sir, show me how this is in any way 'just enough.' Perhaps it isnt the malignant costume addition crap we are used to from other companies, but in value, it's certainly extreme.
I'd love to hear an explanation as to why it would be anything less for SUPER SMASH BROTHERS, the series which had three tournaments before it was even launched, the series with daily updates to webpages for over a year and a half, the series which single handedly won e3 for Nintendo.

On a monetary pattern of what Nintendo clearly hopes to get from the amiibos, and from what the DLC is worth, why would they not milk DLC? And where has it ever been 'just enough?'

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
What are you even talking about? I find assertions like this about Nintendo's DLC habits to be absolutely unfounded. They are, to me, the epitome of how companies SHOULD handle DLC.
I wasn't exclusively talking about DLC, but the Wii U games themselves altogether. I have played Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, & Super Mario 3D World. All of which felt shallow in comparison to past instalments of there series. Overall I have been rather disappointed with Nintendo post GameCube.

Top Bottom