• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Zynux

Smash Lord
So according to Andre from GX as you guys were talking abotu earlier, when asked about Wii U exclusive Assist Trophies, he says he's yet to see Chunky or Isaac in any form (or any Wii U exclusive assist trophy).

I wonder if Chunky Kong will be forever at large, always a few seconds out of our grasps? A mere legend in the depths of Master Core?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, with this song existing:

I REALLY, REALLY flippin' want a version for K. Rool now! Kinda like this:

I absolutely love this song. Its so hilarious the way song of the lyrics go. It just fits so well. At first I disliked it for the format, and for saying "I'm having so much ****ing fun," but I've listened to this song so much now that the "Instrumental" version of the song no longer appeals to me. This song's just awesome.

I love how it ends:

Done done done done, I am done!
Won won won won, they have won!
Fun fun fun fun, I had fun!
Run run run run, try to run!

Its just so hilarious and it fits K. Rool so perfectly...

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Honestly, with this song existing:

I REALLY, REALLY flippin' want a version for K. Rool now! Kinda like this:

I absolutely love this song. Its so hilarious the way song of the lyrics go. It just fits so well. At first I disliked it for the format, and for saying "I'm having so much ****ing fun," but I've listened to this song so much now that the "Instrumental" version of the song no longer appeals to me. This song's just awesome.

I love how it ends:

Done done done done, I am done!
Won won won won, they have won!
Fun fun fun fun, I had fun!
Run run run run, try to run!

Its just so hilarious and it fits K. Rool so perfectly...
Ah yes I remember downloading this album years ago, good times..."BANANAS!"

Let's hope the Kremlings in Smash Run imply that Sakurai, too, actually values K.Rool so that he gives him a shot as DLC. one can dream...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ah yes I remember downloading this album years ago, good times..."BANANAS!"

Let's hope the Kremlings in Smash Run imply that Sakurai, too, actually values K.Rool so that he gives him a shot as DLC. one can dream...
Lol, I only just downloaded the album. I first heard the song on Youtube over the Summer, but I finally downloaded the album.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Lol, I only just downloaded the album. I first heard the song on Youtube over the Summer, but I finally downloaded the album.
Oh you did well doing so, the remixes are tremendous!
personal favorites are hornet dance, In a snowbound land and disco train

i was bored and havnt really been contributing stuff for awhile, so i made 8 bit(pixel art) king k rool and diddy for you guys. i didnt have alot of room to highlight the details and colors with the limited space so it might look off a bit,but i tried my best

EDIT: and if you want true 8 bit(thanks G-Guy)

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
i was bored and havnt really been contributing stuff for awhile, so i made 8 bit king k rool and diddy for you guys. i didnt have alot of room to highlight the details and colors with the limited space so it might look off a bit,but i tried my best
very nice pixel art! although technically speaking, it is not really 8-bit as you use way too many colors, even when you take sprite layering into account ( a technique most prominently featured in the NES Megaman games to give the characters more colors).

You see, in the NES days, sprites only had 4 colors each due to technical limitations (transparancy being one of them). Check out smb1 mario (2 shades of brown, red and trans.) or link (brown,green,skin and trans).

Megaman does have more colors, though. (blue,cyan,skin,white,black,trans) but that's mainly because capcom cleverly layers 2 sprites on top of each other.
That's basically the old-school equivalent to all those fancy "HD but not really HD" graphics you see in the mario galaxy titles on the Wii.

...yeah, i know a bit of NES trivia, guilty ;-)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
For the one millionth time, there is a difference between being in the original roster and being DLC. You can put anyone in the original roster and it'll sell, because they're buying the game and not just the roster. You can't just put anyone as DLC and expect it to sell as well as actually good DLC options (such as Mewtwo). This is why they'll probaby never put gimmicky **** like WFT and DHD as DLC, as it wouldn't sell as well as other characters unless they were in bundles.

Like I've said before, Mewtwo makes sense as DLC because not only is he iconic, but he's also still prominent in modern games and has an enormous following in the younger generation. That's why he's being used to get people to buy both versions. K. Rool doesn't fit that bill because he's not that known or popular with the younger generation.

So once again, can people stop straw-manning and stop using obscure ORIGINAL ROSTER characters as evidence that Nintendo is willing to use old-school characters hat the younger generation don't know as DLC.
As many have already said, K. Rool has appeared in a few Wii games in the last 6 years and the original dkc games are being put back on the virtual now, I even heard jungle climb which also has k. rool in it is being put back on it in europe soon. I've already been reading a ton of posts of younger people who've already played them and enjoyed them. Also, who are we to judge what the demographic is for characters like k. rool?

Uhhhh of those only duck hunt is obscure or lacking relevance today.

Animal crossing and kid icarus were big 3ds games like a year ago, everyone knows about wii fit, and there was a recent Dr Mario game too.
Relevance? When was the last Mega Man game made? and Little Mac's last game was 8 years ago which was Punchout Wii.

Anyway, I was referring about characters who were actually more demanded by the fans for this game. Nintendo does listen to it's fans still(mega man, little mac, pac-man, and shulk who was wanted in japan.) as it does with it's own marketing syrategy and I feel K. Rool still has a chance if DLC will mostly cater to the hardcore fans.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As many have already said, K. Rool has appeared in a few Wii games in the last 6 years and the original dkc games are being put back on the virtual now, I even heard jungle climb which also has k. rool in it is being put back on it in europe soon. I've already been reading a ton of posts of younger people who've already played them and enjoyed them. Also, who are we to judge what the demographic is for characters like k. rool?

Relevance? When was the last Mega Man game made? and Little Mac's last game was 8 years ago which was Punchout Wii.

Anyway, I was referring about characters who were actually more demanded by the fans for this game. Nintendo does listen to it's fans still(mega man, little mac, pac-man, and shulk who was wanted in japan.) as it does with it's own marketing syrategy and I feel K. Rool still has a chance if DLC will mostly cater to the hardcore fans.
Actually, that's 5 years ago.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman

K rool is no mega man lol

I do think he has a chance but i don't think he's super likely

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I know that the boxing heavyweight captain king Krusha van Roolenstein has so many special traits about him, but if they put him into smashbrothers he'll probably a bowser clone. Minus fire breath and fortress but plus cannon and propeller backpack
(lets hope not)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know that the boxing heavyweight captain king Krusha van Roolenstein has so many special traits about him, but if they put him into smashbrothers he'll probably a bowser clone. Minus fire breath and fortress but plus cannon and propeller backpack
(lets hope not)
Lol, no. Bowser's a lot different from King K. Rool. Sakurai doesn't just throw clones out their unnecessarily. The only clone in Smash Bros. who should never have been a clone is Ganondorf. Dixie Kong, realistically, COULD end up as a clone/semi-clone, despite her having plenty of potential for a fully 100% moveset, because in most past games the only difference between her and Diddy was stats, and her Ponytail Whirl. Diddy was differentiated quite a bit by being based more on his 64 design, but if Dixie is based on her original incarnation, she'll still have some similarities to Diddy.

K. Rool and Bowser are way different in the way they fight and their own capabilities. The only similarities they share are being large green lizards.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Lol, no. Bowser's a lot different from King K. Rool. Sakurai doesn't just throw clones out their unnecessarily. The only clone in Smash Bros. who should never have been a clone is Ganondorf. Dixie Kong, realistically, COULD end up as a clone/semi-clone, despite her having plenty of potential for a fully 100% moveset, because in most past games the only difference between her and Diddy was stats, and her Ponytail Whirl. Diddy was differentiated quite a bit by being based more on his 64 design, but if Dixie is based on her original incarnation, she'll still have some similarities to Diddy.

K. Rool and Bowser are way different in the way they fight and their own capabilities. The only similarities they share are being large green lizards.
I sure know that, k rool has so many unique traits, but realisticly speaking, so does ganny.
I believe a bowser clone is very unlikely, but that slight fear still lutks in my head

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I sure know that, k rool has so many unique traits, but realisticly speaking, so does ganny.
I believe a bowser clone is very unlikely, but that slight fear still lutks in my head
Ganondorf is a totally different circumstance, though. Ganondorf was ONLY made a clone because Sakurai wanted 6 clones added in Melee's late development period, and he literally could not find any other character to work as a clone, so he picked Ganondorf because of his similar build to Falcon. With DLC, time constraints aren't as much of an issue. I highly doubt we'll get clone DLC newcomers at all, along with maybe a semiclone.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I would like that very much.

I have always seen K. rool as a similiar character like DK. heavy yet agile.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Bowser's a turtle dragon and K. Rool's a crocodile and only one of them are green. Other than that though I agree.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Bowser's a turtle dragon and K. Rool's a crocodile and only one of them are green. Other than that though I agree.
...Bowser's shell is green...

It's still not much of a long time though.

Neither is Little Mac lol

We'll see, hopefully you and many others like this will be proven wrong as well as the ones who really want him as dlc but are'nt sure about it.
Um... proven wrong about what?

EDIT: And when I said "that's 5 years," I meant Little Mac. K. Rool's last non-cameo appearance was 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The whole opinion on that is "Retro rep."
I'd argue Pit was more so brought back with the intention of reviving him for future ganmes. I can see the same thing happening with Duck Hunt, to be honest.

K. Rool is just in a strange place because, as we've already stated a thousand times over, he's universally agreed to be the main antagonist of the Donkey Kong series, but the series itself has been relatively dormant for quite some time now. If and when K. Rool returns to the spotlight in the main games, I don't think anybody will sincerely consider him to be "irrelevant" or "unimportant" beyond that~

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd argue Pit was more so brought back with the intention of reviving him for future ganmes. I can see the same thing happening with Duck Hunt, to be honest.

K. Rool is just in a strange place because, as we've already stated a thousand times over, he's universally agreed to be the main antagonist of the Donkey Kong series, but the series itself has been relatively dormant for quite some time now. If and when K. Rool returns to the spotlight in the main games, I don't think anybody will sincerely consider him to be "irrelevant" or "unimportant" beyond that~
No, Pit was brought back because the fans wanted him. They had no intention of reviving the Kid Icarus franchise at the time he was brought back. It ended up happening, but they didn't PLAN on it happening when he was first brought back.

Similarly, Ice Climbers were brought back because they wanted to represent the NES era. They never got a revival, now, did they?

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
The whole opinion on that is "Retro rep."
So K. Rool would count as a new Retro rep. Besides, is there any other Nintendo villain that is insane as JOSPEH ******* STALIN??!!!! The closes I see is Smithy who has a short temper.

I haven't been on here in weeks, so could someone update me on K Rool's chances??
idk, but Palutena and Robin got in by fan request so KKR has a chance.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No, Pit was brought back because the fans wanted him. They had no intention of reviving the Kid Icarus franchise at the time he was brought back. It ended up happening, but they didn't PLAN on it happening when he was first brought back.

Similarly, Ice Climbers were brought back because they wanted to represent the NES era. They never got a revival, now, did they?
Oh, right, I forget how long the gap between Brawl and Uprising actually is. It's nice that they reinvented him on a fundamental level with his snazzy new design and gave him plenty of potential for new games ahahah~

I haven't been on here in weeks, so could someone update me on K Rool's chances??
Based on the fact that Gangplank Galleon's remix from Brawl is back as stage music and the CEO of Retro Studios is following the Kremling Kampaign on Twitter...

Actually nothing much different than before, to be honest about that.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So K. Rool would count as a new Retro rep. Besides, is there any other Nintendo villain that is insane as JOSPEH ******* STALIN??!!!! The closes I see is Smithy who has a short temper.

idk, but Palutena and Robin got in by fan request so KKR has a chance.
Um, Robin got in by fan request? Robin was BARELY brought up as a fan request at all. Until Ike's reveal, there was only a small support thread for Robin.

Robin got in due to originality, not requests. Palutena was not widely requested until after Kid Icarus: Uprising was released (as I have heard, Medusa was more widely requested before release), and Sakurai immediately started working on Smash Bros. I think that Palutena was just intended to be playable in Smash from the start, no fan demand at all.

That said, Palutena was one of the most requested characters during the year we knew nothing about Smash. Shulk also got in due to fan demand, along with Mega Man and now Mewtwo. K. Rool can easily get in. If they're planning K. Rool's return to DKC right now (which I'm sure they are), K. Rool is extremely likely.

Oh, right, I forget how long the gap between Brawl and Uprising actually is. It's nice that they reinvented him on a fundamental level with his snazzy new design and gave him plenty of potential for new games ahahah~

Based on the fact that Gangplank Galleon's remix from Brawl is back as stage music and the CEO of Retro Studios is following the Kremling Kampaign on Twitter...

Actually nothing much different than before, to be honest about that.
Gangplank Galleon's remix coming back means nothing. If Crocodile Cacophany got a remix, or we got Gangplank Galleon as a secret stage without a K. Rool stage hazard, THEN I'd say K. Rool's chances are almost guaranteed. But at this point, there's not much going for it. I do think K. Rool is fairly likely, but nothing actually points at him in any way.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Gangplank Galleon's remix coming back means nothing. If Crocodile Cacophany got a remix, or we got Gangplank Galleon as a secret stage without a K. Rool stage hazard, THEN I'd say K. Rool's chances are almost guaranteed. But at this point, there's not much going for it. I do think K. Rool is fairly likely, but nothing actually points at him in any way.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. We don't have anything more or less to go on than we did since the 3DS version was released. ;P

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If and when K. Rool returns to the spotlight in the main games, I don't think anybody will sincerely consider him to be "irrelevant" or "unimportant" beyond that~
Unless he still doesn't get into Smash, in which case people will still go around spouting about how "The series is fine with DK and Diddy," like they did with Dixie despite her return.

Anyhow, side note, is Wizpig owned by Rare? If he is, there's a vacancy for the villain of the rumored new Diddy Kong Racing game. It's not something to expect K. Rool to automatically fill, per se, since the original premise of the game wasn't to use DK characters, but it's not impossible either.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For the one millionth time, there is a difference between being in the original roster and being DLC. You can put anyone in the original roster and it'll sell, because they're buying the game and not just the roster. You can't just put anyone as DLC and expect it to sell as well as actually good DLC options (such as Mewtwo). This is why they'll probaby never put gimmicky **** like WFT and DHD as DLC, as it wouldn't sell as well as other characters unless they were in bundles.

Like I've said before, Mewtwo makes sense as DLC because not only is he iconic, but he's also still prominent in modern games and has an enormous following in the younger generation. That's why he's being used to get people to buy both versions. K. Rool doesn't fit that bill because he's not that known or popular with the younger generation.

So once again, can people stop straw-manning and stop using obscure ORIGINAL ROSTER characters as evidence that Nintendo is willing to use old-school characters hat the younger generation don't know as DLC.
Evidently it is a point you are going to keep repeating, because it doesn't seem to be agreed upon; particularly seeing as the continuation of that point is that you believe the more profitable characters to sell are ones that have developed absolutely zero fan base, having no games out so far (Inkling), and characters people would potentially be scornful to pay for, feeling they should have been included in the first place (plainly returning cut veterans).

Versus new Nintendo All Stars, which is what the game is about.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
...Bowser's shell is green...

Um... proven wrong about what?

EDIT: And when I said "that's 5 years," I meant Little Mac. K. Rool's last non-cameo appearance was 6 years ago.
But he is'nt all green and he's not a lizard.

Be proven wrong that K.Rool is not popular enough anymore to likley be added as dlc.

I know.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Anyhow, side note, is Wizpig owned by Rare? If he is, there's a vacancy for the villain of the rumored new Diddy Kong Racing game. It's not something to expect K. Rool to automatically fill, per se, since the original premise of the game wasn't to use DK characters, but it's not impossible either.
I've wondered this as well, and every single source I can find points to Rare's ownership of Wizpig along with Timber and the other DKR original characters that aren't named Krunch. Nintendo was given permission to use them in DKR DS, but couldn't use Banjo and Conker since they'd branched out into their own series.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Since DKC's 20th anniversary is this Friday, hopefully Nintendo will acknowledge it and maybe there could be an announcement that is DK related as well.
So according to Andre from GX as you guys were talking abotu earlier, when asked about Wii U exclusive Assist Trophies, he says he's yet to see Chunky or Isaac in any form (or any Wii U exclusive assist trophy).

I wonder if Chunky Kong will be forever at large, always a few seconds out of our grasps? A mere legend in the depths of Master Core?

Chunky Kong, more elusive than Bigfoot and Waldo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Unless he still doesn't get into Smash, in which case people will still go around spouting about how "The series is fine with DK and Diddy," like they did with Dixie despite her return.

See, the problem is, in the rumored sequel they'd have to replace ALL the original characters. The rumors stated that those vacancies would be filled in by Kongs and also by other lesser known Nintendo franchises. As for Wizpig, though, K. Rool would be the perfect fit to replace the villain, especially if they decide to tie it into the original story-wise by having it set after DKR and essentially have K. Rool "take over" for Wizpig (hence why I bring up "Wizrool").

I honestly think its quite likely this could end up being the case.

I've wondered this as well, and every single source I can find points to Rare's ownership of Wizpig along with Timber and the other DKR original characters that aren't named Krunch. Nintendo was given permission to use them in DKR DS, but couldn't use Banjo and Conker since they'd branched out into their own series.
Its not a matter of Nintendo being "given permission." Rare made the remake outright. Rare was able to do that only because Microsoft did not have a handheld, so Rare was allowed to make handheld games on Nintendo consoles so long as they had someone else publish the games. Rare still owned the character's rights, but they were able to get away with the remake because Rare owned the characters.

Legally, they didn't even NEED to remove Banjo and Conker. They did so to distance the characters from Nintendo.

But he is'nt all green and he's not a lizard.

Be proven wrong that K.Rool is not popular enough anymore to likley be added as dlc.

I know.
Um, K. Rool is more than popular enough regardless of whether he ends up as DLC or not. Even if he's denied DLC for Smash, it has nothing to do with him not being "popular enough" anymore. He's more than popular enough; he's the most popular and most requested character at this point not yet in the game, and that's NOT just a Smashboards bias.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Its not a matter of Nintendo being "given permission." Rare made the remake outright. Rare was able to do that only because Microsoft did not have a handheld, so Rare was allowed to make handheld games on Nintendo consoles so long as they had someone else publish the games. Rare still owned the character's rights, but they were able to get away with the remake because Rare owned the characters.

Legally, they didn't even NEED to remove Banjo and Conker. They did so to distance the characters from Nintendo.
Okay, alright. That makes sense. To be honest that last sentence was just speculation on my part, so apologies for not saying that outright.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Evidently it is a point you are going to keep repeating, because it doesn't seem to be agreed upon; particularly seeing as the continuation of that point is that you believe the more profitable characters to sell are ones that have developed absolutely zero fan base, having no games out so far (Inkling), and characters people would potentially be scornful to pay for, feeling they should have been included in the first place (plainly returning cut veterans).

Honestly speaking, based on the "casual fanbase" logic, Inklings wouldn't make sense as DLC because based on that argument they wouldn't "sell well" because their game hasn't even been released yet.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Honestly speaking, based on the "casual fanbase" logic, Inklings wouldn't make sense as DLC because based on that argument they wouldn't "sell well" because their game hasn't even been released yet.
I'm a bona fide Inkling fan and I agree with this statement.

By the way, I downloaded Donkey Kong Country 2. I'm at Crocodile Cauldron and already it's blown the first game out of the salty Klaptrap-infested water~

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

I keep repeating the point because people keep bringing up obscure ORIGINAL ROSTER characters as evidence that a character is eligible for DLC no matter how obscure they are to the younger generation. People clearly still don't understand the difference between being on the OR and being DLC.

You also straw-manned my arguments completely. Inklings already have a huge fanbase because it's one the most hyped and anticipated upcoming IPs. Also the Inkling DLC doesn't have to sell as well as something like Mewtwo would (if Mewtwo was paid DLC) because it'll make money by advertising Splatoon. Smash makes any character popular, so Splatoon's sales will increase simply by having Inkling in Smash.

Characters that people would 'potentially be scornful to pay for' are characters that are only popular amongst the older generation, an not the younger one because they've had no important roles in modern games.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Exactly.
Dre asserted in multiple arguments that Inkling/ other new IP promotional characters, and veterans, were the best DLC options.
Which I heavily disagreed with.
Characters that people would 'potentially be scornful to pay for' are characters that are only popular amongst the older generation, an not the younger one because they've had no important roles in modern games.
Let me highlight the point in this.
This would be characters that are added who people feel should be free. I don't follow most of the should "DLC be added" arguments, because there is not a logical reason that could be stated, other than an individuals selfish nature, as to why DLC should not be added. In regard to free or not, the biggest complaints I've read on a regular basis, are that returning veterans would feel often like a rip off, because they should have been in he game. Point blank. This does not mean that they do not deserve to be in, but rather, that these are the characters who would likely cause the most resentment to purchase.

And on that note, it honestly makes sense. If given the option of an entirely new character or one that came in the game prior, since we are discussing the difference between being on the original roster or in DL roster, then a new character is inherently one that has a greater sense of monetary value. Paying for something new versus paying to have something back we once had. Basic human psyche. Even in the sense of economic value, I'd know I was paying for the actual development of a new character, not just the programming of an old one.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I keep repeating the point because people keep bringing up obscure ORIGINAL ROSTER characters as evidence that a character is eligible for DLC no matter how obscure they are to the younger generation. People clearly still don't understand the difference between being on the OR and being DLC.

You also straw-manned my arguments completely. Inklings already have a huge fanbase because it's one the most hyped and anticipated upcoming IPs. Also the Inkling DLC doesn't have to sell as well as something like Mewtwo would (if Mewtwo was paid DLC) because it'll make money by advertising Splatoon. Smash makes any character popular, so Splatoon's sales will increase simply by having Inkling in Smash.

I was the only one who used the original roster as a reference, HOWEVER I did it within the context of the original game at the time, and that comparison is TOTALLY FEASIBLE for both roster and DLC choice

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sales assumptions aside, the same marketing strategy that cuts the legs out from underneath "muhrelevance" in the main game still applies with K. Rool DLC; rather than adding a cool character solely to "promote" a preexisting game, a cool character can be added as a jumping-off point for new games. . .a pre-emptive promotion, in other words, kind of like what happened with Pit (albeit unintentionally, since Kid Icarus Reboot was a joke, rather than a plan back in 2005).

This would especially work if a character was hype-worthy and popular among the influential online fans to begin with; it'd sell a fair amount initially, then, rather than its sales decreasing as whatever "OMG new" game fades from the public eye, they'd increase all the way up through that game's pre-release and release periods; a profitable long-term decision, rather than an immediate, short-lived one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom