• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Majora's Mask 3DS has shown me Nintendo does listen. They listened with Earthbound's Virual Console release. They listened with Star Fox U. They most likely are including Mewtwo due to us, the fans. If we kan kontinue our kampaign, K. Rool being Smash DLC and/or being the final boss in DKCR3 will be realized.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
By the way, in the case we see King K. Rool with a trophy of his own in Smash Wii U, that still doesn't mean much. If anything, both models could essentially be used to make unique player models with the trophy models as the main base.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Majora's Mask 3DS has shown me Nintendo does listen. They listened with Earthbound's Virual Console release. They listened with Star Fox U. They most likely are including Mewtwo due to us, the fans. If we kan kontinue our kampaign, K. Rool being Smash DLC and/or being the final boss in DKCR3 will be realized.
Once Nintendo finally localizes Mother 3, gives us a new F-Zero and brings back K. Rool in some capacity, they will be the greatest company to ever exist. I have a feeling all 3 of these things will happen by 2017.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, in the case we see King K. Rool with a trophy of his own in Smash Wii U, that still doesn't mean much. If anything, both models could essentially be used to make unique player models with the trophy models as the main base.
Mewtwo has the same trophy in both versions.

Trophies don't mean squat.

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like Sakurai is a MOTHER fan. Despite dropping Lucas, the series has always been pretty well represented, with items, stages, ATs, and even a boss in Brawl. The fact that Ness got into Smash 64 at all is a minor miracle in and of itself, considering that MOTHER is by far the most obscure of the original ten franchises.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Yes, this is the track in-game, mistakenly labeled 'Swinger Flinger' (the actual track is the other of the two temple themes).

It's a great remix, but I'm still soured on it due to sheer overexposure.
So they didn't even get the name right..? That's what threw me off initially. I was actually looking forward to having the actual Swinger Flinger track in the game. And I agree with you. It would've been nice if they took out some of the other versions out and replaced them with more music from Tropical Freeze.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's very interesting... It might just be Sakurai's just not thinking DK needs a newcomer yet? It's interesting to note that everyone above K. Rool is in which is flat out just weird.
K. Rool is amongst the most requested newcomers outside the cut Melee duo.

According to this, though, K. Rool was more popular than everyone EXCEPT Roy/Mewtwo. Which is very similar to another poll data we heard that the top most wanted were Mewtwo, Mega Man, and King K. Rool. Either way, K. Rool is the third most wanted in Japan.

EDIT: Oh, wait, most requested newcomers "outside the cut Melee duo." Huh. Well, either way, I don't necessarily think the order means much, but regardless, yeah, he's among the most wanted overall.

Mewtwo has the same trophy in both versions.

Trophies don't mean squat.
I figured as much. I knew that Mewtwo was in both versions.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I watched the "Palutena's Guidance" for all characters and I have to say, I'm actually really dissapointed... In my opininon, they aren't as funny or informative as Snake's in Brawl. Nearly everything was: "He/she is strong/fast, watch out, counter/reflect" and the rest was about themselves and Kid Icarus. Also no word about any bit of Donkey Kong's history or the Kremlings. And I have to point out 5 other things:
1. They said that there are multiple Ganons, what is clearly NOT true.
2. Pit has made fun of R.O.B.'s "uncreative" Name. And the great and all knowing Palutena said no word about the fact, that his name is actually "Robotic Operating Buddy"
3. Palutena said that "Duck Hunt" looks like a duo, but they are a trio. That dosn't make sense in the american and pal versions, because they are called "Duck Hunt Duo".
4. Chrom is the only character, who made a cameo in it and it was really offensive against him not being playable. They also said, he doesn't have aither like Ike, what Chrom actually had in Awaking.
5. Pit said something like this about Diddy Kong: "I wonder if I give him a banana, he will let me win." And the only thing Palutena said to defend him is: "He is quick and strong." nothing like: "Don't think he would do that, he isn't stupid or anything." Actually, I see this as a hidden: "Yeah, Monkeys are stupid, ignore the Donkey Kong series and buy Uprising!" (I overacted a bit on purpose.)

I still think they should have given this gimmic to Little Mac and Doc Louis. Then we really would have at least a few tips to fight aginst some characters, unlike with Pit, they are just talking about their look and everything that goes a bit in the history is wrong.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I watched the "Palutena's Guidance" for all characters and I have to say, I'm actually really dissapointed... In my opininon, they aren't as funny or informative as Snake's in Brawl. Nearly everything was: "He/she is strong/fast, watch out, counter/reflect" and the rest was about themselves and Kid Icarus. Also no word about any bit of Donkey Kong's history or the Kremlings. And I have to point out 5 other things:
2. Pit has made fun of R.O.B.'s "uncreative" Name. And the great and all knowing Palutena said no word about the fact, that his name is actually "Robotic Operating Buddy"
3. Palutena said that "Duck Hunt" looks like a duo, but they are a trio. That dosn't make sense in the american and pal versions, because they are called "Duck Hunt Duo".
4. Chrom is the only character, who made a cameo in it and it was really offensive against him not being playable. They also said, he doesn't have aither like Ike, what Chrom actually had in Awaking.
5. Pit said something like this about Diddy Kong: "I wonder if I give him a banana, he will let me win." And the only thing Palutena said to defend him is: "He is quick and strong." nothing like: "Don't think he would do that, he isn't stupid or anything." Actually, I see this as a hidden: "Yeah, Monkeys are stupid, ignore the Donkey Kong series and buy Uprising!" (I overacted a bit on purpose.)

I still think they should have given this gimmic to Little Mac and Doc Louis. Then we really would have at least a few tips to fight aginst some characters, unlike with Pit, they are just talking about their look and everything that goes a bit in the history is wrong.
1.) There ARE multiple Ganons, but they implied there are "MANY" multiple Ganon's, which isn't true. The only known other version of Ganon is Four Swords Adventures. Other than that, Ganon is the same person.

3.) No, they're not called Duck Hunt Duo in the American version, just PAL.

4.) They specifically stated that Chrom did not have an Aether RECOVERY. Which he doesn't. Chrom has Aether, but appearance-wise its identical to Ike's Quick Draw Side+B.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

I just found them overall inferior to the Snake codecs. The Snake codecs were funny because Snake is such a serious guy, yet is fighting against such absurd characters. Despite that, he kept his usual demeanor, which I found very funny. These were filled with the kind of humor that made Uprising grate on my nerves. I only wish Hades had shown up. He'd have probably made it funnier.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

Not to mention they didn't even give Alph his own Guidance. :glare:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, the Guidances are a bit of a hit and miss, unfortunately. I don't remember which one it was, but it ended with Pit and Viridi shouting "SKYWORLD! SKYWORLD! SKYWORLD!" and it was just really... forced. I dunno, the cheesy humor was fine in Uprising, but here it felt really awkward. Like Xzsmmc said, I definitely would have liked to see Hades pop up.

But I appreciate that they're in the game at all.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
1.) There ARE multiple Ganons, but they implied there are "MANY" multiple Ganon's, which isn't true. The only known other version of Ganon is Four Swords Adventures. Other than that, Ganon is the same person.

3.) No, they're not called Duck Hunt Duo in the American version, just PAL.

4.) They specifically stated that Chrom did not have an Aether RECOVERY. Which he doesn't. Chrom has Aether, but appearance-wise its identical to Ike's Quick Draw Side+B.
1.) A Zelda wiki said, that this is the same Ganon as the all "other" Ganons in four swords adeventures. I'm not sure waht you want to say.

3.) Oh, sorry I didn't know that. I'm in a PAL region. But here, it still doesn't make sense.

4.) Okay, I am not a big fan of Fire Emblem, I thought Aether = Aether.
EDIT: By the way, Ness didn't use any of his specials at all in Earthbound, it was Paula.
I just found them overall inferior to the Snake codecs. The Snake codecs were funny because Snake is such a serious guy, yet is fighting against such absurd characters. Despite that, he kept his usual demeanor, which I found very funny. These were filled with the kind of humor that made Uprising grate on my nerves. I only wish Hades had shown up. He'd have probably made it funnier.
Yes, Hades, among a few other bosses, is the only aspect of Uprising I really liked.
Not to mention they didn't even give Alph his own Guidance. :glare:
This could be the fault of GameXplain, they propably forgot him. (I think GameXplain is the only one who uploaded this until now.)

Yeah, the Guidances are a bit of a hit and miss, unfortunately. I don't remember which one it was, but it ended with Pit and Viridi shouting "SKYWORLD! SKYWORLD! SKYWORLD!" and it was just really... forced. I dunno, the cheesy humor was fine in Uprising, but here it felt really awkward. Like Xzsmmc said, I definitely would have liked to see Hades pop up.

Yeah, the "SKYWORLD" thing was kinda awkward, but you're right, it's still better than nothing.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

That was Ike's right there. I like the guidances in this game, but I like the Snake codecs from Brawl better. I think they should've explained more of each character's background and abilities. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
1.) A Zelda wiki said, that this is the same Ganon as the all "other" Ganons in four swords adeventures. I'm not sure waht you want to say.
The Zelda wiki is wrong, Hyrule Historia says the same thing. Ganon in FSA is a brand new Ganon. In fact, the game makes it quite clear as well. Normally Ganondorf is resurrected or was released from a seal. In OOT, this is before Ganon was ever sealed, as he's the king of the Gerudo. In FSA, the Gerudo from this game/time period blatantly know who Ganondorf is and he's not a king at all. Its a new reincarnation of Ganondorf, not the original Ganon revived like in every other game.

However, it is true that this is the only exception. The Palutena's Guidance states that there are many incarnations of Ganondorf/Ganon, but that isn't true, there's only two to date.

StormC

Smash Hero
I guess the takeaway from this debacle that it's more proof that Smash gets info wrong and K. Rool does not have a secret family in any region of the world.

StormC

Smash Hero
Y'know, the ol' "Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's brother in Japan" deal.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Y'know, the ol' "Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's brother in Japan" deal.
Oh, yeah, that was a total mistake in just Smash Bros. Kaptain K. Rool was always known to be a disguise of K. Rool in Japan.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
This is actually a good question.
Probably the same weird logic that made them All-Caps every Pokemon character in Brawl (PAL version) despite it never having been like that before.

(And it wasn't even a mistake. It's on the box blurb too!)

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I thought the Guidances were kinda disappointing. I have not played Uprising but I did listen to it's dialogue and I found a lot of it to be actually funny but here I didn't get that. The only one I did was on Mega Man's and maybe a few others but for the most part I was not impressed. Also, no Hades:urg:.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I have the minority opinion in finding the Guidances to be better. I found Robin, Link, Marth, Samus, and Mii Gunner's Guidances to be especially memorable and funny to me. Also, the intent behind Palutena not commentating more on R.O.B.'s uncreative and simple name is because of what she named Dark Pit: "Pittoo".

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

Evidence suggests that there might be one more DK stage.

Emphasis on the might. People have been filling on the SSS with confirmed stages and there's this big old blank space next to Kongo Jungle 64. The only possible choices are Kongo Jungle (Melee) or something brand new as the music for other past stages are all found on Jungle Hijynx, 75M, and Kongo Jungle 64. I don't mean to get your hopes up but I thought you guys would like to know.

Now on the flip side, the placing might also suggest another Mario stage instead, but I'm betting on DK myself.

Last edited:

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
The Zelda wiki is wrong, Hyrule Historia says the same thing. Ganon in FSA is a brand new Ganon. In fact, the game makes it quite clear as well. Normally Ganondorf is resurrected or was released from a seal. In OOT, this is before Ganon was ever sealed, as he's the king of the Gerudo. In FSA, the Gerudo from this game/time period blatantly know who Ganondorf is and he's not a king at all. Its a new reincarnation of Ganondorf, not the original Ganon revived like in every other game.

However, it is true that this is the only exception. The Palutena's Guidance states that there are many incarnations of Ganondorf/Ganon, but that isn't true, there's only two to date.
well technically there isn't just two. At the least you can't forget Demise in Skyward Sword, since that was said to start the constant resurrection of Ganondorf/Ganon as Demise is supposed to be the original incarnation of Ganondorf.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So....

Emphasis on the might. People have been filling on the SSS with confirmed stages and there's this big old blank space next to Kongo Jungle 64. The only possible choices are Kongo Jungle (Melee) or something brand new as the music for other past stages are all found on Jungle Hijynx, 75M, and Kongo Jungle 64. I don't mean to get your hopes up but I thought you guys would like to know.

Now on the flip side, the placing might also suggest another Mario stage instead, but I'm betting on DK myself.
I'd bet on DK as well. DK is probably the more likely pick to get a new stage. Or maybe there won't be one at all...

Do you know what the other stages are? No need to post them here, you can PM me. I'd love to know if there is a second new Zelda stage.

EDIT: Nvm. I found it. Sorry, I cannot possibly see DK getting a fourth stage before Zelda does, as much as I'd love it. If there is a stage there, its either a standalone stage or a Mario stage. The only way I see that working is if they count "Donkey Kong" as a crossover stage rather than an actual DK stage, so DK gets one more stage to fill in the gap, but I still doubt that regardless.

EDIT 2: I think that if there's a final stage in the first two rows, its a Mushroom Kingdom stage. My bet is on Mushroom Kingdom 1/2.

EDIT 4: Now that I think it over, the last stage at the top is probably Miiverse.

well technically there isn't just two. At the least you can't forget Demise in Skyward Sword, since that was said to start the constant resurrection of Ganondorf/Ganon as Demise is supposed to be the original incarnation of Ganondorf.
Demise isn't Ganondorf he's a separate character.

EDIT 3:

This picture just looks REALLY weird to me. There's a slot missing on both the top and bottom. Yeah, the bottom will be filled in once Captain Falcon gets pushed down a row, but there has NEVER been a gap at the top before, ever. I don't understand this placement. Ice Climbers were cut, but you'd think they'd be at the bottom, not in the top row, so it still doesn't make much sense overall. It looks like there was supposed to be another DK character in that top row, it honestly does.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Kremlings, on the official SSB4-Page, when you go to the characters, their next to the Veteran-slot are 6 empty slots. Does this means we will get at least 6 DLC-Characters? Okay, only 5 left, because Mewtwo is on it's way. With a little hope their is space left for KKR and other DK-Characters.

If you ask me, the slots can go to this characters:

Veterans:
1. Mewtwo
2. Lucas
3. Wolf

Newcomers:
4. Captain Toad
5. King K. Rool or Dixie Kong (Possible Dixie Kong because of DKC:TF)
6. That Squid-Girl from Splatoon

Chase

Smash Ace
Hey, Kremlings, on the official SSB4-Page, when you go to the characters, their next to the Veteran-slot are 6 empty slots. Does this means we will get at least 6 DLC-Characters? Okay, only 5 left, because Mewtwo is on it's way. With a little hope their is space left for KKR and other DK-Characters.

If you ask me, the slots can go to this characters:

Veterans:
1. Mewtwo
2. Lucas
3. Wolf

Newcomers:
4. Captain Toad
5. King K. Rool or Dixie Kong (Possible Dixie Kong because of DKC:TF)
6. That Squid-Girl from Splatoon
I'd see Captain Fleming from S.T.E.A.M is a candidate for DLC as well.

I really hope we get tons of DLC for this game, as there are many characters I'd love to see released.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I would actually joke that the default names are actually hints at K.Rool and Issac showing up, however after further thought, I realized that those are probably handled by the localizers at the Treehouse, who we already know love K.Rool, but don't really have the power to do much :(

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So....

Would not be at all surprised if it was Jungle Japes.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Why does DK have close to no actually good stages? Jungle Japes is horrendous, Kongo Jungle from Melee is meh, 75m is god awful and Rumble Falls is the worst stage in Brawl. The only good DK stages are Kongo Jungle 64 and hopefully Jungle Hijinxs. I don't understand how a single franchise has so many bad stages in Smash.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
On the "Ganon canon" codec, that really was disappointing. Even for a villain as iconic as Ganon, they couldn't get their facts straight.

Makes me wonder if Sakurai still thinks King K. Rool is separate from Kaptain and K. Roolenstein. It would explain why he didn't add K. Rool.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
On the "Ganon canon" codec, that really was disappointing. Even for a villain as iconic as Ganon, they couldn't get their facts straight.

Makes me wonder if Sakurai still thinks King K. Rool is separate from Kaptain and K. Roolenstein. It would explain why he didn't add K. Rool.
Why do you assume that Sakurai believed that? And as for Ganon, I think that's more Viridi not getting her facts straight, I'm pretty sure her comments were intended to be a joke and she really doesn't know anything about "Ganon canon." It certainly came off that she was making a fool of herself to me.

Top Bottom