• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
When it comes to music, I'm fine with DKCs representation. Kid Icarus Uprising was a good game and I don't have a problem with it getting representation, it just gets so much more than other bigger series. Star Fox, Metroid, DK and Wario Land deserve more. I don't think Sakurai hates DK or anything like that. He just loves Kid Icarus Uprising.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Which is fine, but give credit for credit is due. Other series are more important than KI.

And it's not like this is the first time DK got shafted.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't like Uprising that much but I would probably adore it if there were an option to set the character voices to their original Japanese voices. God, the constant chatter is what ruined that game for me.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
To put it another way:

Sakurai decides how to handle Nintendo content and even makes things up based on "what makes sense" to him.

Michael Kelbaugh ordered his employees to play through all three DKCs, all three DKLs, and Banjo-Kazooie before developing Returns, just so they'd be able to recapture what the fans loved about the old games.

Granted, Retro's not perfect, but even where their few mistakes come into play, you can see the logic in how they arrived at those conclusions. With Sakurai, you get things like tripping and you're left wondering what the hell was going through his head.

It should be noted that I'm literally playing through Tropical Freeze again as I type, and that might be clouding my judgment somewhat.
No, I think you make a good point. With Retro, they asked why DKC was fun. The problem with SSB4 is that all is does is it tries to be different, not better. It's better in some ways (music, graphics, number of characters), but in a lot of ways, it just tries to not be the other games. Like, rather than have a better Adventure mode than Melee and Brawl, it doesn't have one at all and just add Smash Run. It doesn't try to bring back Target Test but remove it all together for Angry Birds. You can even argue the lack of Brawl veterans is another issues. There is also the two games. Handheld Smash was a nifty idea, but it was only that. There didn't need to be two games: One being inferior in almost every way and another that is held back by the inferior one.

I think had Sakurai did what your saying, the games would have been better. SSB4 was made by trying to be different. Not better. DKC Returns was trying to recapture what DKC did. Brawl, I feel, did that too because almost everything was better in Brawl. Mind you, I don't think SSB4 is bad, just misguided. If Sakurai worked with some like Retro, who'd be willing to go back and play the old Nintendo games, you'd easily have an amazing game.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I think I'm one of the few who both dislikes the excessive Kid Icarus content...and also doesn't like Kid Icarus. It wouldn't even be so bad if Sakurai actually acknowledged the other two games in the franchise alongside his own creation. It really hinders the "crossover" feel of the experience when such a large fraction of its content is from a single game. Nintendo has thousands of titles in their history, yet one single game gets more representation than the vast majority of them combined. And it's not even one of the most important titles in their history. I could maybe understand it if excessive content was granted to Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64, given how iconic, groundbreaking, and influential those games are. Kid Icarus Uprising was decently noteworthy, but it's not even on the same level as Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I really don't like how, in Smash, some series get treated like only one of their games matters. Kirby has the Super Star problem, Donkey Kong is overwhelmingly represented by DKC1, and the "Kid Icarus universe" may as well be "Kid Icarus Uprising". Before Smash Bros. 4, Star Fox was overwhelmingly associated with just Star Fox 64 as well. Brawl hardly acknowledged that Adventures and Command existed.
Smash 4 acknowledges Command and Adventures even less than Brawl did, in terms of Star Fox.

Other than that, I agree with this post entirely.

Unfortunately, I think Kid Icarus got a lot of content just to be hyperly promoted. Marketing stuff. I just don't think it's the right way to go about representing franchises in Smash. It leaves a lot of fans bitter.

No, I think you make a good point. With Retro, they asked why DKC was fun. The problem with SSB4 is that all is does is it tries to be different, not better. It's better in some ways (music, graphics, number of characters), but in a lot of ways, it just tries to not be the other games. Like, rather than have a better Adventure mode than Melee and Brawl, it doesn't have one at all and just add Smash Run. It doesn't try to bring back Target Test but remove it all together for Angry Birds. You can even argue the lack of Brawl veterans is another issues. There is also the two games. Handheld Smash was a nifty idea, but it was only that. There didn't need to be two games: One being inferior in almost every way and another that is held back by the inferior one.

I think had Sakurai did what your saying, the games would have been better. SSB4 was made by trying to be different. Not better. DKC Returns was trying to recapture what DKC did. Brawl, I feel, did that too because almost everything was better in Brawl. Mind you, I don't think SSB4 is bad, just misguided. If Sakurai worked with some like Retro, who'd be willing to go back and play the old Nintendo games, you'd easily have an amazing game.
This is an excellent point.

I think Sakurai works himself way too hard on trying to make his game different than better just as you point out.

However, I'm going to take this a step further.

I think Sakurai works hard to implement things that "fans would NOT expect."

For instance, Sakurai probably feels like he wants to surprise us by including characters OTHER than the ones many fans expect. Lots of the characters on SSB4, WITHOUT LEAKS, were NOT expected to be in. Think about it. Think about where these characters would stand on expectation-wise if the leaks didn't exist.

For some reason, it's like Sakurai thinks the surprise "will be a nice unexpected thing".

In reality, it just denies the fans of what they have been wanting! It just pisses them off!

Great post, btw. For some reason I never thought of that.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Think about it like this: I love Uprising. I also love Wario Land 3.

Now, imagine if, for some reason, the creator of Wario Land 3 got put in charge of directing Melee. They put in three Wario Land characters, a bunch of Wario Land 3 stages, music, items, and trophies, while Mario didn't get Peach, Pokemon didn't get Mewtwo, and Zelda didn't get Ganondorf (technically it didn't, but bear with me on this one). Super Mario 64, Ocarina Of Time, Pokemon - the huge, industry-changing games that were released in the generation before Melee did not get this love, but rather a relatively niche Game Boy platformer did.

It would be really jarring and imbalanced, and show blatant, almost unprofessional favoritism. That's why I dislike the overrepresentation Uprising gets, regardless of whether or not it's its "fault" that other franchises got shafted. It shows a lack of having priorities in order.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

Now, imagine if, for some reason, the creator of Wario Land 3 got put in charge of directing Melee. They put in three Wario Land characters, a bunch of Wario Land 3 stages, music, items, and trophies, while Mario didn't get Peach, Pokemon didn't get Mewtwo, and Zelda didn't get Ganondorf (technically it didn't, but bear with me on this one). It would be really jarring and imbalanced, and show blatant, almost unprofessional favoritism. That's why I dislike the overrepresentation Uprising gets, regardless of whether or not it's its "fault" that other franchises got shafted. It shows a lack of having priorities in order.
Yes, this ^^

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
This Smash feels more like a marketing tool for recent games then a celebration of Nintendo's overall history. I don't like that. Especially since it's very selective about what new stuff it markets. Developer's pets get shilled instead of the fans' favorites.

And the worst part is that it's still Smash, it's still at least 75% amazing, and we're all gonna buy it anyway....

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
And the worst part is that it's still Smash, it's still at least 75% amazing, and we're all gonna buy it anyway....
I ain't buying it, I don't see a reason to until maybe Mewtwo comes out.

I'm getting Omega Ruby if anything.

Also I'm surprised that no one brings up that stupid gimmick, the Codecs for KI. Yeah, SF gets some, but the way KI uses them, it's a bit excessive...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Uprising was really the only Nintendo game where it made sense to model itself after the codec conversations in Brawl. Dialogue is exchanged in a manner very similar to the MGS series, and I suspect it might have been partially inspired by it.

Of all the blatant indulgence of Uprising in Smash, Palutena's inclusion as a fighter and the Guidance conversations are the least problematic by far.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm not sure if I should keep following this bashing of Kid Icarus. Regardless, if Dark Pit was removed completely, with a roster of 48 (with the only clones being Lucina and Dr. Mario), would that have been a satisfactory, even without King K. or Mewtwo in the current final build?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Short answer: no.

Long answer: the issue with alts is sort of separate, although annoying and arbitrary, they don't consume a lot of development time. However, if we were going to get last minute clones, they could at least have been of underrepresented franchises (why not make Alph his own character?). And then you have Kid Icarus jumping from 0 Assist Trophies to 2 (both being Uprising-original characters) while Donkey Kong is still sitting at a whopping 0 ATs despite having a wealth of options (Pikmin too, for that matter), and you have all the Uprising items, both the 3DS and Wii U versions getting new stages while Donkey Kong and Metroid had to settle for Melee stages a third time around... again, priorities.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I should keep following this bashing of Kid Icarus. Regardless, if Dark Pit was removed completely, with a roster of 48 (with the only clones being Lucina and Dr. Mario), would that have been a satisfactory, even without King K. or Mewtwo in the current final build?
In my honest opinion, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario having their own "slots" doesn't bother me what-so-ever and I still wouldn't be bothered if they were never included at all. Although, if Dark Pit and Lucina ended up being alts and Mario just retained his Melee move-set in this game and Dr. Mario ended up just being an alt there would've been less complaints from others. But still, that wouldn't have been satisfactory considering the roster was decided a year before development thus meaning Sakurai didn't even consider K. Rool or Mewtwo. Is it weird that I find it odd how Mewtwo was chosen to be revealed as a DLC character (I understand he has a lot of fans and support, hell I wanted him in too) even though Pokemon is well represented, I COMPLETELY understand Mewtwo's popularity and fan demand but why couldn't K. Rool be revealed also? Why not choose a character from an under represented series like DK to be revealed along with Mewtwo? King K. Rool has a ton of fans and support too, and since the Smash series is advertisement, adding K. Rool would also increase the sales of DKC: Tropical Freeze and the DKC trilogy virtual console releases, in the end it would just benefit Nintendo. But on the other hand, Smash Bros. isn't just advertisement, its also fan-service, so adding another fan demanded character would make fans happy and still at the same time benefit Nintendo. I honestly hope there really is more DLC characters down the line but I'm not angry about him not being included just disappointed because honestly, the roster is fine as it is but IMO there are some characters that didn't make the cut and just make me feel like the game is missing some of that "All-star" power it should really be exerting. Also just to be clear, I'm NOT blaming any franchise for effecting another franchise, I'm just wondering why a specific franchise had been ignored.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

Now, imagine if, for some reason, the creator of Wario Land 3 got put in charge of directing Melee. They put in three Wario Land characters, a bunch of Wario Land 3 stages, music, items, and trophies, while Mario didn't get Peach, Pokemon didn't get Mewtwo, and Zelda didn't get Ganondorf (technically it didn't, but bear with me on this one). Super Mario 64, Ocarina Of Time, Pokemon - the huge, industry-changing games that were released in the generation before Melee did not get this love, but rather a relatively niche Game Boy platformer did.

It would be really jarring and imbalanced, and show blatant, almost unprofessional favoritism. That's why I dislike the overrepresentation Uprising gets, regardless of whether or not it's its "fault" that other franchises got shafted. It shows a lack of having priorities in order.
Yes. This is precisely the reasoning for the many people who are upset about franchise representation in Sm4sh. Currently, it's weighted in favor of certain franchises over others. I mean there are some franchises that make sense, like Mario. However, I think that a more balanced representation would be a much better way to go about making Smash.

It's unfortunate that Nintendo apparently doesn't see it that way.

This Smash feels more like a marketing tool for recent games then a celebration of Nintendo's overall history. I don't like that. Especially since it's very selective about what new stuff it markets. Developer's pets get shilled instead of the fans' favorites.

That seems to be the unfortunate truth.

And furthermore, when we buy it, Nintendo will look at the sales like "oh, these things we've done in Smash Brothers are what the consumers appreciate, because they're buying it!"

In turn, they'll think it's okay to keep doing what they're doing with the Smash games.

If this is the case, I'd wouldn't expect any more fan-influenced trends for each following Smash Brothers.

I ain't buying it, I don't see a reason to until maybe Mewtwo comes out.

I'm getting Omega Ruby if anything.

Also I'm surprised that no one brings up that stupid gimmick, the Codecs for KI. Yeah, SF gets some, but the way KI uses them, it's a bit excessive...
I am concerned by the possibility that Mewtwo might be a trap by Nintendo to make more people buy both the 3DS and the Wii U. A quick money grab off of the hype of Mewtwo.

Now, the REASON I'm worried about this is that Mewtwo could very well be the only downloadable character in the history of Smash 4. We can argue that a lot of recent games are recieving multiple characters as DLC, but I can't support that idea until Nintendo proves my fears wrong.

On the other hand, Nintendo has essentially set up the fans to expect/want more DLC, so it will be a double-edged sword if Mewtwo really is the only DLC character.

But, we'll see.

I'd really love to see the more different sides of franchises become represented in Smash:

K. Rool, Krystal, and Isaac, among other characters, would require Nintendo to delve into more intricate parts of Nintendo history to flesh them out as enjoyable Smash candidates. All of these characters have source potential that is DIFFERENT than what has been provided by their respective franchises. THAT'S why I support them.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
All right, I was happy to be back on this thread at first to support K. Rool, but if all anyone is doing on here is just moping around then I'll be going. Bye-bye.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
All right, I was happy to be back on this thread at first to support K. Rool, but if all anyone is doing on here is just moping around then I'll be going. Bye-bye forever, Smashboards.
Yeah, I think I'll come back a bit later when the negativity in the thread has died out. I'm going back to my Boy Roy's thread. Let me know if anything related to the King pops up. Once again, Kutthroat Strider, signing out.

StormC

Smash Hero
I wasn't aware that discussing the game in a critical light is "moping."

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Dang, the mood in this thread certainly shifted overnight. The negative energy flowing in this thread is...uncomfortable. I'm just gonna walk out this door right here. Don't mind me.

"And whichever way he tilts it, know that we must be resilient
We won't let them break our spirits while we sing our silly song"

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I'll be back when the Kutthroats can have some fun again. And with that, I leave you with a question to bring back our positivity: What was your favourite moment for King K. Rool in the cartoon series?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

It's a Sakurai philosophy to not make a sequel unless he can invent "a different direction" to take the series. Which is well-intentioned on paper, but at this point in the series' lifespan, it's doing more harm than good. Babies (Adventure Mode, classic mini-games, Ice Climbers) are being thrown out with the bathwater in favor of shallow replacements (Smash Run, collectible power-ups). The existence of the 3DS version absolutely reeks of "wanting to do something different" in particular, since there was no reason to develop both at once, other than to promote that as a flashy new gimmick.

Retro would not only have a fresh, original Western approach to the series, but has a well-developed track record of actually caring what makes the series they work on great to begin with. I'd trust Smash in their hands entirely. David Wise would become a composer for sure, for an added bonus.

Re: all the Kid Icarus talk going on, no one should be too hard on the series itself; it's Sakurai himself that's the problem, not the series. Uprising was this close to being a Star Fox game, in which case we would have been stuck here complaining about Star Fox having more enemies than Mario, multiple new ATs, items, characters, etc.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Yes. This is precisely the reasoning for the many people who are upset about franchise representation in Sm4sh. Currently, it's weighted in favor of certain franchises over others.

I'd really love to see the more different sides of franchises become represented in Smash:

K. Rool, Krystal, and Isaac, among other characters, would require Nintendo to delve into more intricate parts of Nintendo history to flesh them out as enjoyable Smash candidates. All of these characters have source potential that is DIFFERENT than what has been provided by their respective franchises.
I share sentiments with all of this in particular. Concerning the first statement, for me, it's not just the disproportional representation between franchises, but also that between individual games, that upsets me. Entire portions of franchises (many of them prolific in their own rights) are completely shafted in Smash. Super Mario Land, Mario & Donkey Kong, Wario Land, Pokémon spinoffs, handheld Zelda games other than Spirit Tracks, etc. are almost entirely ignored, despite many of these ranking among the most successful and beloved titles in Nintendo's library.

I'm a definite advocate for Smash Bros. branching out more from its comfort zones of main series Mario platformers and whatever the newest duo of Pokémon games is. Focus on all Kid Icarus games fairly. Acknowledge that Wario Land exists. Don't be afraid to touch unconventional releases in a series' stable; Adventures was a pretty successful game, even if it didn't follow the traditional Star Fox formula. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they did something unexpected by making a stage based on one of the more miscellaneous Donkey Kong games, like Jungle Climber. I'd just like to see them branch out a little bit, so that it's not so bland when we see the final stage list and realize that most of the new stages are just based on the first levels of whatever title is being advertised for each franchise. Sakurai isn't even willing to work with Kirby games he wasn't directly involved in for stages. Why is it okay to blatantly advertise every series' most recent releases, except for Kirby's?

I think that Sakurai isn't actually that familiar with most Nintendo games, which is understandable, due to him being a grown man with a very dedicated career; he probably doesn't have much free time to actually passively play video games. He probably just asks Nintendo studios what they want to be included in Smash, and then follows the blueprints from there. I think it'd be a good idea if he had an adviser (or group thereof) with some sort of collective knowledge of various Nintendo games, to put forth ideas that would allow Smash to branch out of its comfort zone a little more. Smash could use a bit of a creative spark, because I feel that Sakurai is often just going through the motions with much of his content choices (World 1-1 Mario stage, lava Metroid stage, jungle DK stage, new Fire Emblem and Pokémon posterboy newcomers, spaceship Star Fox stage, etc.).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This thread is getting very off topic, so I made a thread to discuss the representation of series. Here. Now we should move off of this subject.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
When it comes to music, I'm fine with DKCs representation. Kid Icarus Uprising was a good game and I don't have a problem with it getting representation, it just gets so much more than other bigger series. Star Fox, Metroid, DK and Wario Land deserve more. I don't think Sakurai hates DK or anything like that. He just loves Kid Icarus Uprising.
I agree with what you say about Sakurai not hating DKC series. My theory on this is Nintendo nor Sakurai developed the original DKC series. It was Rare's masterpiece when you really think about it. K Rool is associated with that since Nintendo never came up with him as a final boss because before DKC came out. Donkey Kong was nothing more than Mario's Bowser in the arcades.

My point is if Nintendo didn't design K. Rool then they will not make it a priority to add him in the roster. It also doesn't help that the DKC series was made by Rare who is no longer with Nintendo therefore the DKC is only shown love in the most minimal way possible. If it wasn't for Jungle Beat and the Donkey Kong Country Returns reboot then we wouldnt have much DK at all. It's too bad K. Rool's popularity isn't enough for a roster spot.

Hasn't anyone ever wondered why we don't get much DKC based items,music, stages except the one from Melee and N64 smash which is 10+ years ago. As soon as Rare jumped ship DKC became an outdated red headed step child. Now Smash only reps Jungle Beat & Donkey Kong Country Returns(Developed by Retro). I belive Dixie gets in over K. Rool solely on the fact she was in Tropical Freeze NOT DKC2 & DKC3. The original DKC series is a monster franchise. Yet because it's Rare made and K. Rool hasn't been a final boss since Jungle Swing???. He has become somewhat of an afterthought to Nintendo.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People pretending this is the first time a game from this series is used as a marketing ploy is foolish. It's inherently going to happen no matter what, Mario and Pokemon (and third parties starting with Brawl) alone draw in people and by default people will become exposed to the lesser franchises. That is just a characteristic with crossovers as a whole. Some in particular like Sega & All-Stars even try to invoke that. Super Smash Bros. constantly does it because they know that the series is basically free advertisement by sales alone, so they tend to put the recent tiltes of franchises up front to encourage potential new costumers to buy the game of origin and there for create a larger base. This is why some characters comes from recent titles or are updated to match said titles, and stages tend to be updated to be based around a recent title. That's what we call business.

However, there are clearly exceptions to this. There have been characters, stages, and items that ignore it, for the sake of creating a more flexable product and introducing fun and surprising things. That is a natural process, but at the same time it's why it's complicated to create a balance. So many things are flung around that there are going to be priorities that skew some details in it's favor, influnced by time, money, demographics, hardware limitations, copyright, and other details. That's just reality, and there will never be perfection because of it.

Also, I hate it people pretend that these newcomers are stuff people never asked for when in reality people did. Ironically, more so then some of the supposed popular characters people keep mentioning. Not even like a [THIS WAS AN OFFENSIVE AND INFLAMMATORY WORD]cramming down their precious le maymay down peoples throat either. The fact some people are even implicating no one wanted Mega Man alone is foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Been replaying DKC1 on GBA. Just got up to K. Rool. Awesome boss fight. Here's to hoping he is DLC!

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
Tbh I kinda feel like Sakurai has become to Smash Bros as George Lucas is to Star Wars.
George and Sakurai both are to be credited heavily for giving us Star Wars and Smash respectively, but have both sorta gone to a sense of bitterness towards the fans when they request something, like a "back off, this is my series not yours" attitude. So we get things like Jar Jar Binks and Dark Pit.

But Smash 5 will probably only briefly feature Sakurai (if at all) just like how The Force Awakens hardly has George involved. AND thus things may just turn out better for what keeps the series alive, the fans.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Alright. To tie things back to the King. What would make Nintendo pull their heads out of their butts and take notice of of him again? Is him appearing in Returns 3 the only hope? Or is that still too Western for them to consider?

Frankly. I'm a little afraid he'll go the way of our other beloved Pirate leader and be another hazardous pinata if he gets in at all. Villains and heavyweights alike have been sorely underutilized. Does Nintendo just think we don't want to play as the bad guys? That we SHOULDN'T play as the bad guys? The only really evil characters we have on the roster are Bowser, his family, and Gannondorf (who is still a freaking clone.) Dedede and Meta-Knight are morally ambiguous at worst, Wolf was similarly aligned before he was cut, and no other franchise has a villain involved. It's a pretty clear sign Nintendo doesn't care much for their villains, even their homemade ones.

Zynux

Smash Lord
With that all said and done, once the game is released I'll probably love every single DK island remix theme.

I just love that theme to death; I can't hate it and it's thousands of remixes even if I'm being a hypocrite doing so.

I'll say this much. at least Jungle Hijinx has the general aesthetic of Returns, and incorporates the background segment in the actual game. Then there's the Screaming Pillars, so at the very least it doesn't feel so generic.
This is true. I guess I'm still salt over no Minecart, Bramble, or Kremling Stage. But I'll have to deal. :bluejump:

---

Did we finally get to see Chunky? I know that some people are on NDA and can't post certain aspects of the game, but I also know some have broken them already.

If Chunky really makes no appearance in this game, then what happened? I don't believe it was a ruse by so many unrelated people. Either he was cut or was consistently mistaken for something else.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With that all said and done, once the game is released I'll probably love every single DK island remix theme.

I just love that theme to death; I can't hate it and it's thousands of remixes even if I'm being a hypocrite doing so.

This is true. I guess I'm still salt over no Minecart, Bramble, or Kremling Stage. But I'll have to deal. :bluejump:

---

Did we finally get to see Chunky? I know that some people are on NDA and can't post certain aspects of the game, but I also know some have broken them already.

If Chunky really makes no appearance in this game, then what happened? I don't believe it was a ruse by so many unrelated people. Either he was cut or was consistently mistaken for something else.
I'm not sure what he could've been mistaken for... But the only rumor that's popped up so far is of a guy who claims to have unlocked all characters, AT's, stages, etc. The characters are the same, no new DK stages, and no DK AT. Not sure if its legit or not, and it was from 4chan. The weird thing is, it mentions "Mallow," but it could be Mallo from Pushmo World. (It also mentions Isaac. :p)

EDIT: The leak is dead, nvm.

Flat Zone 2 is in the game, the leak said there was Flat Zone 3.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Or is that still too Western for them to consider?
Him being in Returns 3 would be fine. Don't forget, we already have Diddy, with moves from DKC and DK64.

Heck, if K. Rool was in Returns, even as a bonus boss, I can nearly guarantee he'd be in 4, probably with a much bigger push.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Him being in Returns 3 would be fine. Don't forget, we already have Diddy, with moves from DKC and DK64.

Heck, if K. Rool was in Returns, even as a bonus boss, I can nearly guarantee he'd be in 4, probably with a much bigger push.
Pretty much. If K. Rool was in Returns, there'd be no doubt he'd be playable.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Noticed the song list for DK in the soundtrack. It great and all having multiple remixes of the DK Island Swing, but how about some Fear Factory or Life in the Mines. Or even Scorch N' Torch.
Or as a Ridley pinata....
Oh god, I don't even want to think about that.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool is not, despite what many would tell you, too big.
Actually, I've never seen a single person say K. Rool is too big. Ridley fans have stated that K. Rool is bigger than Ridley (on a general basis) as a counter to the notion that Ridley is too big. And honestly, if you really think about it, in most games (except Smash) K. Rool is slightly bigger than Ridley by comparison.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
You know what I find funny? Smash Wii U's soundtrack is GODLIKE despite the complaining about the lack of DK songs. They even have songs from obscure games like Baten Kaitos. Too bad DK is really the only franchise that didn't get a good list of tracks becuase just about every other franchise did. (But I mean c'mon, we have Stickerbush Symphony, Battle for Storm Hill and a few other notable tracks. What else do you DESPERATELY want?)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what I find funny? Smash Wii U's soundtrack is GODLIKE. They even have songs from obscure games like Baten Kaitos. Too bad DK is really the only franchise that didn't get a good list of tracks becuase just about every other franchise. (But I mean c'mon, we have Stickerbush Symphony, Battle for Storm Hill and a few other notable tracks. What else do you DESPERATELY want?)
If this isn't in...
I'll be a little upset, this is my all-time favorite David Wise track, and that's saying something as all of his OSTs are Godlike, always.

Top Bottom