• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Not that it's gonna happen so long as Iwata is at the helm, but I'd love to see what Retro could do with a Smash game.

Imagine the sheer creativity that went into Tropical Freeze's stages, applied to each of Nintendo's series as a whole.

Tell me you wouldn't prefer that to three DK jungles, another Metroid lava stage, another form-changing Pokemon stage. . .
OMG THIS. THIS SO HARD.

That'd be interesting.

When you put it that way, I'd love to see what another company would do with Smash.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Most logical playable characters to be added to this game as newcomers who we'll be lucky now if they end up as dlc:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Waluigi
4. Dixie Kong
5. Samurai Goroh
6. Black Shadow
7. Krystal
8. Impa

Instead we get Ridley as a stage boss, no new DK rep, Waluigi and Samurai Goroh are AT's and almost all the new guys are characters nobody even wanted or even heard of (except for a few minor communities) until they appeared in ssb4. Lack of DK content (just a bunch of remixes of the same stage), lack of Metroid content, Star Fox gets shafted by losing Wolf and gaining nothing but stages and one AT.

Only 3 good and descent things we've gotten so far in terms of Nintendo related stuff goes, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings are new playable characters, Mewtwo is returning as playable dlc and we get one new DK stage from Returns despite it being another generic jungle stage.

And don't get me started on the krap load of kid icarus content.

Yup, we definitely need a new director for the next Smash game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
To put it another way:

Sakurai decides how to handle Nintendo content and even makes things up based on "what makes sense" to him.

Michael Kelbaugh ordered his employees to play through all three DKCs, all three DKLs, and Banjo-Kazooie before developing Returns, just so they'd be able to recapture what the fans loved about the old games.

Granted, Retro's not perfect, but even where their few mistakes come into play, you can see the logic in how they arrived at those conclusions. With Sakurai, you get things like tripping and you're left wondering what the hell was going through his head.

It should be noted that I'm literally playing through Tropical Freeze again as I type, and that might be clouding my judgment somewhat.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
...The question arises: should I trade in my copy of Uprising despite all the fun I've had with it or should I start hating it, despise the entire series of games as much as I despise SoulCalibur V or Transformers...? I enjoyed playing it, but now, with all the antagonism it's getting, I don't know if I should keep playing it anymore... But what I do have is my Club Nintendo card for DKC: Tropical Freeze. (Can't say I know where the KI: U card is, but what the heck.) I'm willing to write down support for King K. Rool when I fill out the application survey. Not now, but sometime within the next few hours, I'll get in contact with you when I've written it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...The question arises: should I trade in my copy of Uprising despite all the fun I've had with it or should I start hating it, despise the entire series of games as much as I despise SoulCalibur V or Transformers...? I enjoyed playing it, but now, with all the antagonism it's getting, I don't know if I should keep playing it anymore... But what I do have is my Club Nintendo card for DKC: Tropical Freeze. (Can't say I know where the KI: U card is, but what the heck.) I'm willing to write down support for King K. Rool when I fill out the application survey. Not now, but sometime within the next few hours, I'll get in contact with you when I've written it.
I would recommend simply ignoring it. It's all just a scapegoat people are latching onto because some folks feel cheated out and need to blame something.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Don't hate Uprising, it's a good game, we're simply angry that a relatively obscure series gets more love than Nintendo's fourth best selling series as well as one of the most iconic series. Hell even other smaller series get more love than DK in this game...

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Most logical playable characters to be added to this game as newcomers who we'll be lucky now if they end up as dlc:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Waluigi
4. Dixie Kong
5. Samurai Goroh
6. Black Shadow
7. Krystal
8. Impa

Instead we get Ridley as a stage boss, no new DK rep, Waluigi and Samurai Goroh are AT's and almost all the new guys are characters nobody even wanted or even heard of (except for a few minor communities) until they appeared in ssb4. Lack of DK content (just a bunch of remixes of the same stage), lack of Metroid content, Star Fox gets shafted by losing Wolf and gaining nothing but stages and one AT.

Only 3 good and descent things we've gotten so far in terms of Nintendo related stuff goes, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings are new playable characters, Mewtwo is returning as playable dlc and we get one new DK stage from Returns despite it being another generic jungle stage.

And don't get me started on the krap load of kid icarus content.

Yup, we definitely need a new director for the next Smash game.

As I have said I think Pico is just as a deserving as a F-zero Rep as both Samurai Goroh, and Black Shadow, as he has had the same amount of appearances as Goroh being around since the original game, with only one absence, was the first villain(Goroh is a rival), and would represent another aspect of F-zero, that being aliens, while being a prominent enough character in the series to merit his appearance... I wish I could have gotten a new thread for him going, people cling to Black Shadow simply because of his anime appearance and flamboyance in a single game instead of being a mainstay

But, back to K.Rool, I still have hopes

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I in no way hate Kid Icarus Uprising, I still love it as a game. I just think it is overrepresented in Smash Bros, and got too much priority. But in no way will I stop loving it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No one points out that the Kirby content is all based on the titles Sakurai personally worked on.
The Namco content, especially considering the part about statements regarding to avoiding special treatment, where at least a dozen IPs are referenced. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Mappy, Xevious, Galaga, Rally-X, hell even obscure stuff like Dragon Buster.
Not to mention the obligatory Super Mario Bros./The Legend of Zelda/Pokemon mention.
Yet apparently it's only a problem if Kid Icarus gets attention.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai may have spent an inordinate amount of time adding little tiny details only the most dedicated of Uprising fans would appreciate while phoning in other series' content, but with regard to the music, Uprising has nothing to do with it.

It's negligence and apathy keeping the team from so much as copying over a few tracks of Yamamoto or David Wise's work, in lieu of cranking out a few more DK Island Swings and calling it a day.

Ideally, we'd have some combo of:
--Horn Top Hop
--Sawmill Thrill
--Grassland Groove
--Scorch 'N Torch
--Irate Eight
--Punch Bowl
--Snowmads' Theme
--Aqueduct Assault

(Amiss Abyss and Seashore War are great tracks too, but maybe too peaceful? Yet again, Ai No Uta exists...)

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Did no one on the development team play past the first stage of any DK game? We have DK Island Swing, Jungle Hijinx, and Mangrove Cove. Looking back, I'm amazed that we got Stickerbrush Symphony and Gangplank Galleon in Brawl.

All in all, it's not a huge blow (No assist trophies would be that), but it's a massive case of wasted potential.

On the plus side, while Sakurai may hate DK, he hates it less than Chrom.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No one points out that the Kirby content is all based on the titles Sakurai personally worked on.
The Namco content, especially considering the part about statements regarding to avoiding special treatment, where at least a dozen IPs are referenced. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Mappy, Xevious, Galaga, Rally-X, hell even obscure stuff like Dragon Buster.
Not to mention the obligatory Super Mario Bros./The Legend of Zelda/Pokemon mention.
Yet apparently it's only a problem if Kid Icarus gets attention.
Actually, numerous people have called him out on that. The fact that Kirby ONLY gets content from games Sakurai made is a travesty and a shame. A lot of people were expecting say Return to Dream Land to have a stage, but nope! Return to Dream Land gets nothing, instead, Kirby's stage is Great Cave Offensive. And despite the fact that Namco wasn't supposed to get special treatment, Mega Man and Sonic get next-to-nothing new and special, while Namco gets about a dozen references.

Kid Icarus is just so glaring a nuisance, though. Its not merely that Kid Icarus gets so much content. Its that 90% of it, if not more, is all from the single game Sakurai made, which although decent, is definitely more than adequately represented and yet there's constantly more and more content being found from this game. Its not a problem that Uprising gets represented, it blatantly should be. But its extremely excessive, far moreso than the problems with Kirby (only Sakurai content) and Namco (massive amounts of Namco representation while Capcom/Sega get the shaft).

Did no one on the development team play past the first stage of any game? We have DK Island Swing, Jungle Hijinx, and Mangrove Cove. Looking back, I'm amazed that we got Stickerbrush Symphony and Gangplank Galleon in Brawl.

All in all, it's not a huge blow (No assist trophies would be that), but it's a massive case of wasted potential.
Arena Ferox is the Fire Emblem: Awakening stage, and its not the first stage of the game. It doesn't appear until Chapter 4 (granted, it is fairly early in the game). Dr. Wily's Castle is obviously late in Mega Man 2 as is Orbital Gate. Pyrosphere is also the third of 3 sectors in Metroid: Other M, and Ridley is the fith-to-last boss in the game (of about 15) so it is pretty late in the game.

I think the bigger issue is that as a whole, the first stage is more recognizable than the end of the game. Although notably, Gangplank Galleon still fits the bill as its the first area of both DK Land and DKC2.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Arena Ferox is the Fire Emblem: Awakening stage, and its not the first stage of the game. It doesn't appear until Chapter 4 (granted, it is fairly early in the game). Dr. Wily's Castle is obviously late in Mega Man 2 as is Orbital Gate. Pyrosphere is also the third of 3 sectors in Metroid: Other M, and Ridley is the fith-to-last boss in the game (of about 15) so it is pretty late in the game.

I think the bigger issue is that as a whole, the first stage is more recognizable than the end of the game. Although notably, Gangplank Galleon still fits the bill as its the first area of both DK Land and DKC2.
I was referring to DK games, since those songs are all the first stage ones.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did no one on the development team play past the first stage of any DK game? We have DK Island Swing, Jungle Hijinx, and Mangrove Cove. Looking back, I'm amazed that we got Stickerbrush Symphony and Gangplank Galleon in Brawl.

On the plus side, while Sakurai may hate DK, he hates it less than Chrom.
I still hate this argument. Sakurai doesn't hate Chrom at all, and anyone assuming that Sakurai hates Chrom is playing into the EXACT SAME ****ING REASON WHY CHROM IS BEING TREATED THIS WAY.

Sakurai is treating Chrom quite well overall, but he's poking fun at the FANS for ASSUMING that Chrom was a guaranteed 100% shoe-in. THAT is what he's poking fun at. I honestly believe that if fans hadn't been so adamantly sure that Chrom was GOING to be playable, Chrom would not be poked fun at in this matter. Its all a response to fan reactions. And now saying that Sakurai hates Chrom is playing right back into this notion again. Its all about the fan reactions, not about Chrom himself. All things considered, Sakurai is treating Chrom quite well for a character he deemed to not be that interesting as an original fighter.

I was referring to DK games, since those songs are all the first stage ones.
I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet, and I long forgot that the first stage of TF was called Mangrove Cove. My bad.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, I'm starting to hope Retro really goes out of their way to make a bombastic and exciting new first world in DKCR3, one that's the furthest thing possible from a jungle, just so Sakurai is forced to add a new archetype for the series. This is yet another reason why a Kremling Amusement Park or a new Crocodile Isle would the the ideal setting for a third game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, I'm starting to hope Retro really goes out of their way to make a bombastic and exciting new first world in DKCR3, one that's the furthest thing possible from a jungle, just so Sakurai is forced to add a new archetype for the series. This is yet another reason why a Kremling Amusement Park or a new Crocodile Isle would the the ideal setting for a third game.
I'd absolutely adore a new Crocodile Isle for the third DKC installment.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't mind getting another jungle stage. In a cameo game stages should represent iconic locations that are unique to those games. Jungles, mine-carts and bramble are the iconic and unique DK stage locations. Having a stage like Scorch'n'Torch as the sole newcomer stage wouldn't be fitting as it doesn't have iconic DK elements.

Also, I'm wondering how all this newly discovered info affects people's thoughts of the alleged large Kremling boss. I doubt it'd appear on the Returns stage, is there any one player mode on the Wii U that has bosses apart from Classic?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't mind getting another jungle stage. In a cameo game stages should represent iconic locations that are unique to those games. Jungles, mine-carts and bramble are the iconic and unique DK stage locations. Having a stage like Scorch'n'Torch as the sole newcomer stage wouldn't be fitting as it doesn't have iconic DK elements.

Also, I'm wondering how all this newly discovered info affects people's thoughts of the alleged large Kremling boss. I doubt it'd appear on the Returns stage, is there any one player mode on the Wii U that has bosses apart from Classic?
I'd say the guy was just plain wrong. Its not in the game.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'd say the guy was just plain wrong. Its not in the game.
How do you know?

I mean, I can't think of anything else that you'd mistake as a large Kremling boss in the Wii U. There's no Smash Run Kremlings on the Wii U, and if he used the word 'Kremling' instead of crocodile, he must have known what Kremlings are.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How do you know?

I mean, I can't think of anything else that you'd mistake as a large Kremling boss in the Wii U. There's no Smash Run Kremlings on the Wii U, and if he used the word 'Kremling' instead of crocodile, he must have known what Kremlings are.
Where are you getting "large Kremling boss" in the Wii U version from? No one said anything about a large Kremling in the Wii U version, it was supposed to be Smash 3DS. And he was already long since wrong about that. He said both Kremling boss and Kraid. He was just plain wrong, he didn't know what he was talking about, or he made something up on the spot. We don't know the circumstances, all we know is that he was wrong.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I hope so. I really, really hope so.

I just realized I'm clinging to the hope of DK just having one ****ing assist trophy. This is absolute lunacy.
And DLC.

Once the full roster was revealed I stopped following Smash news as I'd given up any hope or expectation. With the Mewtwo reveal I have hope again, which is probably bad given Suckerai's track record.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm just about to finish the Club Nintendo survey card for DKC: Tropical Freeze and yes, I talked more about King K. Rool than anything else. I'm just going to leave what I typed out and see if you think it's strong enough.
When Nintendo announced it would team up with Retro Studios to bring back the Donkey Kong Country series with Donkey Kong Country Returns at E3, I was pleased with how the game looked, with really nice graphics and simple platforming gameplay that is a common piece throughout the Donkey Kong Country games. I played previous games like the first Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and was invited to attend the release of Donkey Kong Country Returns in Australia. Although I didn't buy the game on the Wii due to the price, I later bought it on the Nintendo 3DS.

When Tropical Freeze was announced, I had very little reason to buy the game, however, following rumours that Cranky Kong would be playable, I vested a bit more interest in the game, and decided to buy it after a following Nintendo Direct. I thought the story was pretty interesting, and the new enemies looked interesting.

It was some time after the game around July that I became involved with an online video game community known as Smashboards, where players of the Super Smash Bros series could communicate with each other and discuss the game prior to its release, often speculating characters like Mewtwo, Ridley and the Donkey Kong series main antagonist King K. Rool. While I didn't vest that much interest in many of these characters initially, it was when Super Smash Bros was leaked online with no sign of these fan favourite characters being playable.

Following the leak's aftermath, I joined a group of fellow Smash Bros players to discuss DLC characters, and while I was mainly interested in discussing Ridley, I always took a look at how the King K. Rool community was faring. Even after King K. Rool's de-confirmation as a playable character, the fans who wanted him were still devoted to him, and following the Super Smash Bros for Wii U 50 Fact Extravaganza in which Ridley and Mewtwo were shown as stage boss and a downloadable character respectively, I decided that the next character in line was King K. Rool. It was then that I learned of how much it meant it for the players to have their favourite character missing from both Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze, and although I never grew up with the character, I saw a great merit to include him as a playable character through DLC.

As one of the most requested newcomers for the series and with two of the three most requested characters shown their role, it would mean a lot for fans to have King K. Rool as DLC. The movement to see King K. Rool is very strong, with a Twitter account to promote the campaign. Following the movement, I learned that there was strong support from inside Nintendo and from affiliates like Retro Studio's president supporting the movement to see King K. Rool in Super Smash Bros as DLC or to see King K. Rool as a final boss or villain for a new Donkey Kong Country game should the opportunity arise. For the long time fans, it would mean a lot to them if their favourite villain from their beloved series of Nintendo games was a playable character in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, as well as expand the variety of the representation of the Donkey Kong series in such a successful fighting game.

Many fans, including myself, love what Nintendo has offered for their most recent instalment of Super Smash Bros, but would love to see more from it. To bring King K. Rool into Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U as DLC would mean a lot to the fans of the Donkey Kong Country series, and we don't our voices to be left ignored. They know how unique King K. Rool is as a villain, and would love to see him return in Super Smash Bros and a new Donkey Kong Country game.
I'm just about to send off the survey response - Kutthroat Strider, out.

Update: It's not letting me send out the application. Maybe it's too big because I mentioned Ridley.
@ StormC StormC , I've got a slight problem with sending my response, is it too big? Or should I just reword this and send it out as an e-mail instead?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Gonna drop this in Club Nintendo. Hope, somehow, it'll be heard:

The representation of franchises was not as ideal as I would have hoped; long time, beloved series such as Donkey Kong and Metroid received no new characters or stages. Popular, iconic characters like K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Ridley not making playable appearances was a large disappointment for me. Additionally, besides versus mode, the game overall lacks content; the new mode, Smash Run, is rather repetitive and loses its appeal over time.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
With Donkey Kong having possibly 8 Jungle themes and Metroid having completely 12 rehashed tunes from another game (whether ripped from another Metroid game or past Smash games), one remix, and one 8-bit tune ripped from the original Metroid, as a fan of both series I can't help but just go:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯: "Ain't even mad"

Just as I expected, Smash 4's soundtrack was going to be more quantity over quality and just throwing random tunes at the wall and seeing what sticks, just like they did with Brawl.

---

Good news guys! K. Rool's theme is indeed back; this time on Kongo Jungle 64. But I also have some bad news to share.

THERE ARE LITERALLY

EIGHT VERSIONS OF DK ISLAND SWING IN THIS GAME

AND I AM NOT EVEN MAKING THIS UP

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** SUCKING CHRIST
DK Island Swing remixes in SSB4:
--Congo Jungle 64
--Jungle Level (Brawl)
--Jungle Level Jazz Version
--Jungle Hijinxs
--Swinger Flinger (remix of second half of song)

Unconfirmed, possible remixes:
--Jungle Japes
--Jungle Level, Vers. 2 (Brawl)
--Donkey Kong Country Returns - Vocals

That's just pathetic.
The problem is less that he has so many Jungle themes.

The problem is that he keeps getting Jungle stages based off the tutorial level of his games.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think I'm one of the few who both dislikes the excessive Kid Icarus content...and also doesn't like Kid Icarus. It wouldn't even be so bad if Sakurai actually acknowledged the other two games in the franchise alongside his own creation. It really hinders the "crossover" feel of the experience when such a large fraction of its content is from a single game. Nintendo has thousands of titles in their history, yet one single game gets more representation than the vast majority of them combined. And it's not even one of the most important titles in their history. I could maybe understand it if excessive content was granted to Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64, given how iconic, groundbreaking, and influential those games are. Kid Icarus Uprising was decently noteworthy, but it's not even on the same level as Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I really don't like how, in Smash, some series get treated like only one of their games matters. Kirby has the Super Star problem, Donkey Kong is overwhelmingly represented by DKC1, and the "Kid Icarus universe" may as well be "Kid Icarus Uprising". Before Smash Bros. 4, Star Fox was overwhelmingly associated with just Star Fox 64 as well. Brawl hardly acknowledged that Adventures and Command existed.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
As long as the DK Rap from Melee is unlockable and the new remixes are good, I'm completely fine with the music chosen for DK.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if the Tropical Freeze version of DK Island Swing is an unlockable track? That's probably the best version I've heard and I think it would be a shame if they didn't have that version of it when they have eight other versions. For those of you who haven't heard it, this is the track I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMudHClToL0

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks! Been pretty quiet lately (kinda been burned out by Smash all things considered, a thing I didn't think would happen to me of all people) but I've been doing working on stuff to help the campaign in what meager way I can.

My animation is on hiatus for the moment while I work on something that I know I can complete in a more reasonable time frame. I mentioned it before in a moment of elated madness (the best kind) when I learned of the Retro guy's (name escapes me) following of our movement but I'm working on a couple of campaign posters. It'll take a little while as I want it to the best it can be. Putting everything into it. To show what kind of depth my love for the character is.

Here's how it'll look style-wise.

It's intended to be a revamped version of one of my previous works (http://i.imgur.com/imlf17a.jpg). My original was planned to have a Kritter as a footrest-- A kind of statement of how much of how... well, petty and "kruel" I can envision him being. He's fat, he's evil, he's a jerk... and he's the king.-- I couldn't at the time because I couldn't figure out how.

That was then. I've much improved since then. I'm trying to avoid the big black border look of my characters for this to give them a more 3D look. I'm working on the Kritter to give me a base because I want K. Rool himself to be comparable or even better!

Anyway. Just an update on my end. Thanks for keeping the dream alive, BKupa666 and my fellow Kutthroats!
You're the best!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The problem is less that he has so many Jungle themes.

The problem is that he keeps getting Jungle stages based off the tutorial level of his games.
I'll say this much. at least Jungle Hijinx has the general aesthetic of Returns, and incorporates the background segment in the actual game. Then there's the Screaming Pillars, so at the very least it doesn't feel so generic.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm one of the few who both dislikes the excessive Kid Icarus content...and also doesn't like Kid Icarus. It wouldn't even be so bad if Sakurai actually acknowledged the other two games in the franchise alongside his own creation. It really hinders the "crossover" feel of the experience when such a large fraction of its content is from a single game. Nintendo has thousands of titles in their history, yet one single game gets more representation than the vast majority of them combined. And it's not even one of the most important titles in their history. I could maybe understand it if excessive content was granted to Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64, given how iconic, groundbreaking, and influential those games are. Kid Icarus Uprising was decently noteworthy, but it's not even on the same level as Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I really don't like how, in Smash, some series get treated like only one of their games matters. Kirby has the Super Star problem, Donkey Kong is overwhelmingly represented by DKC1, and the "Kid Icarus universe" may as well be "Kid Icarus Uprising". Before Smash Bros. 4, Star Fox was overwhelmingly associated with just Star Fox 64 as well. Brawl hardly acknowledged that Adventures and Command existed.
This ^

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anyone know if the Tropical Freeze version of DK Island Swing is an unlockable track? That's probably the best version I've heard and I think it would be a shame if they didn't have that version of it when they have eight other versions. For those of you who haven't heard it, this is the track I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMudHClToL0
Yes, this is the track in-game, mistakenly labeled 'Swinger Flinger' (the actual track is the other of the two temple themes).

It's a great remix, but I'm still soured on it due to sheer overexposure.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Hey guys, do we really play Smash Bros. to admire how great DK is? I play the actual DK games to do that. I play Smash Bros. to play Smash Bros. Thus, I guess I'm the only DK fan who doesn't really care about the amount of content DK is getting. I mean, what is there really to complain about? Sure, Dixie and K. Rool would be nice, but i honestly think that what were getting is enough. And I'm not understanding all this hate towards Sakurai and this "Sakurai hates Donkey Kong" nonsense. If he hated DK, we wouldn't even have Diddy or a new DK stage on WIi U. Can you blame him for putting in lots of KId Icarus content? Can you blame him for being proud of his own game that was well-received?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, do we really play Smash Bros. to admire how great DK is? I play the actual DK games to do that. I play Smash Bros. to play Smash Bros. Thus, I guess I'm the only DK fan who doesn't really care about the amount of content DK is getting. I mean, what is there really to complain about? Sure, Dixie and K. Rool would be nice, but i honestly think that what were getting is enough. And I'm not understanding all this hate towards Sakurai and this "Sakurai hates Donkey Kong" nonsense. If he hated DK, we wouldn't even have Diddy or a new DK stage on WIi U. Can you blame him for putting in lots of KId Icarus content? Can you blame him for being proud of his own game that was well-received?
Smash is a game that highlights the series' achievements to a healthy degree. DK, Star Fox and (arguably) Metroid all got shafted in that sense, while Kid Icarus, an obscure decent game, gets more content than nearly all of those important series combined. KI is a fine game, sure, but prioritizing that over the likes of DK and Star Fox, two of some of the most important Nintendo franchises is unacceptable. It was not a healthy representation of KI.

Top Bottom