• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo is already awesome in that Melee SD Remix. He's almost as fast as Pikachu there, and almost as heavy as Mario. Disable even does like 12% damage, and the Smashes are HUGELY buffed in power. Hitboxes have also improved significantly from what I've seen. These are all good headstarts (even though I'd make Mewtwo even heavier probably).

Lucario might be competitively better, but people still dislike him cause of that Aura gimmick.

But yeah, I'd pick Mewtwo over Lucario any day of the week actually.

King K.Rool being the most popular non-veteran Nintendo newcomer is a goooooooooddddd thing though.

Also, remember how I said I'm gonna drink rum when K.Rool gets announced? I haven't forgotten yet. :awesome:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
but people still dislike him cause of that Aura gimmick.
but I'm a people and I like that gimmick.

also no problem with mewtwo returning, I just don't want him to kick out my secondary.

EDIT: sorry for bringing up mewtwo again. back to k.rool plz

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
'I'm a people' :laugh: Good ****.

So, some people thinking here K.Rool should be the heaviest character in the game? I sure hope he's heavier than Brawl's Bowser at least, but Bowser himself needs to be bigger and heavier in my opinion. Donkey Kong is fine the way he is though. And I feel K.Rool should naturally outlive DK on stage, cause you know... him being the big boss and all...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And, frankly, for a character who uses psychically empowered punches, his hits feel a lot like hitting with overstuffed pillows. Maybe it's just bad sound effects. And the worst counter in the game. And a slow side special that functions a lot like just hitting someone.

Not that I particularly think this is how they should go with K. Rool, but how would you feel if they made an effort to make him seem less silly and kind of serious/vicious?
Bowser, in almost all of his appearances, is pretty comical. The one exception is Smash Bros where there's nothing silly about him. It's pretty likely that they'll give K.Rool a similar treatment, making him seem like a fairly serious, angry, and insane villain.

D

Deleted member

And, frankly, for a character who uses psychically empowered punches, his hits feel a lot like hitting with overstuffed pillows. Maybe it's just bad sound effects. And the worst counter in the game. And a slow side special that functions a lot like just hitting someone.

Not that I particularly think this is how they should go with K. Rool, but how would you feel if they made an effort to make him seem less silly and kind of serious/vicious?
Bowser, in almost all of his appearances, is pretty comical. The one exception is Smash Bros where there's nothing silly about him. It's pretty likely that they'll give K.Rool a similar treatment, making him seem like a fairly serious, angry, and insane villain.
I noticed that in the mainstream games, Bowser's serious personality is exhibited more than in the spin-off games (at least in the 3-D games) whereas King K. Rool is generally a more comical villain. It made some sense that Bowser was as serious as he was, but seeing K. Rool getting a similar treatment seems somewhat unfitting.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Agreed. I'd be fine with them toning down the constant costume changes, though. He DOES need to be over-the-top insane.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
To some extent, K. Rool's personality is an open slate for the Smash developers, who have so far described him as demented, unbalanced, and a bumbler. Those aren't exactly narrow traits, so they could design him seriously or comically and have him fit within at least a few of those parameters. This is something that will be actually quite interesting to follow.

Also, for maximum hilarity, shrink or enlarge the four laughing K. Rools to change their voice pitches.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The more this K.Rool vs Ridley rivality builds up, the more I'm looking forward to fighting Ridley as King K.Rool. :skull:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The more this K.Rool vs Ridley rivality builds up, the more I'm looking forward to fighting Ridley as King K.Rool. :skull:
The ironic thing is that most K.Rool supporters also support Ridley and vice versa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want the next Event 51 to be having King K.Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo as the villains. :awesome:

As a bonus, Ridley is now his actual size to make up for no Giga Bowser :laugh:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Event 51 i said it before & i will say it again!

It HAS to be

Stage: Final Destination
Everyone 3 Stock
Items:Low

You
Vs
Ganondorf
Bowser
Ridley or K.Rool
Mewtwo

Enough said!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo where the most popular suggested characters pre-Melee.

Ridley, King K.Rool and Mewtwo are the most popular suggested characters now.

But fighting all those villains at once would also be badass.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The ironic thing is that most K.Rool supporters also support Ridley and vice versa.
Yeah, thing is, this rivalry isn't going to end once both characters are confirmed. I'd be shocked if it didn't spill over to SSB4's Online in crew vs. crew battles.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah kinda. Or maybe, half way between King Dedede and Ganondorf would be a better example.
Man, those two are on the complete opposite ends of dangerous right there. I'd go for a balance between Wario and Gannondorf tbh.

On the scale of pure evil, I think it'd be:

Gannondorf (evil reincarnated)
Ridley (pure savage)
Bowser (egocentric brute)/K. Rool (psychotic trickster)
Wolf (heartless mercenary)
Wario (amoral bully)
Dedede (selfish glutton)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Eh...he's not really evil iirc. His apathy can lead to catastrophe but I'm not really seeing him as evil, just misunderstood and not too crazy about humans.

I think he's sort of like Metaknight in some ways. An anti-villain I guess.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I actually have trouble viewing Bowser as too much of a badguy. He's more like a bored, petulant child. "Nobody will play with me! Maybe I'll grab Peach, she's always nice to me and brings her friends Mario and Luigi and we can all fight and play pretend."

K.Rool, on the other hand, is much more of an actual villain. He's plotted to destroy an entire island filled with living creatures. He's invented tons of clever contraptions while it's kind of unclear where Bowser gets his devices. Heck, even just stealing a mountain of bananas could lead to creatures starving to death...

Sure, he's pretty silly, but when it comes to villainy he's completely K.Razy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bowser has shown that deep down, there is good in him.

He's saved the world twice.
He helps Mario in his adventures sometimes.
He treats his army with a surprising amount of respect and loyalty.
He has a son whom he loves.

King K.Rool on the other has shown no good traits. He's selfish, tyrannical and bloodthirsty.

K.Rool is right up there with Ridley and Ganondorf when it comes to evil. There are no good bones in his body.

The way I see it, Nintendo Villains stack up like this.

Pure Evil:
Ganondorf
Ridley
K.Rool

Somewhat Evil:
Bowser

Barely Evil:
Mewtwo
King Dedede
Wolf
Wario
Meta-Knight

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh heck, even Ganondorf has shown signs that at first he just wanted to find some justice for the marginalized Gerudo people. Ridley doesn't come off as selfish and meaninglessly destructive, he's just a high ranking member of his group. I'm inclined to say that K.Rool would be the most truly fiendish character we have in the game. Yep, Smash definitely needs him.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh heck, even Ganondorf has shown signs that at first he just wanted to find some justice for the marginalized Gerudo people. Ridley doesn't come off as selfish and meaninglessly destructive, he's just a high ranking member of his group. I'm inclined to say that K.Rool would be the most truly fiendish character we have in the game. Yep, Smash definitely needs him.
But Ridley and Ganondorf make it up in other areas.

Ganondorf's lust for power and Ridley's thirst for bloodshed are unparalleled.

D

Deleted member

Porky should be up towards the top.
What he's done is pretty evil, and may be worse than Ganondorf ever did.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Porky should be up towards the top.
What he's done is pretty evil, and may be worse than Ganondorf ever did.
Porky is the top.

Ganondorf at least appreciates life and it's beauties (as evidenced in Wind Waker).

Porky only sees all things as pawns.

D

Deleted member

And then we have Giygas, the Almight Idiot and embodiment of pure evil. :troll:

I think he'd even make Ridley cower.

EDIT: Though to get back on topic of K. Rool, I'm not sure how much of him is actual evil and how much is that he is just unstable.
I mean, he could theoretically have something wrong with him.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And then we have Giygas, the Almight Idiot and embodiment of pure evil. :troll:

I think he'd even make Ridley cower.

EDIT: Though to get back on topic of K. Rool, I'm not sure how much of him is actual evil and how much is that he is just unstable.
I mean, he could theoretically have something wrong with him.
Giygas would make everyone cower...

K.Rool doesn't seem like he's insane. Not all there, but I feel that he knows exactly what he's doing. If K.Rool has any sort of illness, it's not so bad that it controls him or his desires.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure there is some disease out there that keeps someone perpetually angry and violent.
And then dat eye...

K. Rool with mental defect AND birth defect confirmed. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So DKCR 3DS is supposed to have a new world, it seems...I severely doubt K. Rool or any character will show up as a boss in it, but on the off chance the possibility came up, what kind of fight would he have?

Top Bottom