• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like all those choices. K. Rool could be unique by having all of his silly disguises as alternate costumes.

Also, Dark Pit for Pit and Awakening alts for Marth, Roy and Ike. Props for including Dry Bowser. =D
isn't dark pit already in brawl though?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
isn't dark pit already in brawl though?
Not quite. Dark Pit is based on Pit's black costume in Brawl, but there are noticeable differences between both, such as red eyes of blue and golden laurels instead black laurels. Also, Dark Pit has a deeper voice than Pit.

D

Deleted member

I didn't mean to say Brawl didn't show that. Brawl's roster was chok full of the most popular choices:

Sonic
Wario
Diddy
Ike
Wolf
Olimar
Lucario
MK
Dedede

That's most of the newcomers right there. I'm just hoping they follow through in the same kind of way with K. Rool, Mega Man, Mac and Ridley.
Absolutely with you here (throw in Mewtwo as well).

These four newcomers (and Mewtwo) really should get in. They are the best choices Sakurai could make for the game and knowing the current situation, it may be the last chance we ever get to see any of them become playable (barring Mac).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I totally agree. Ridley and K. Rool may continue to show up in games, infact I'm sure they will, BUT my opinion is not a guarantee. Particularly in Mewtwo's case, this is probably the last shot he has at a Smash appearance, so I hope (and really believe) that Sakurai's going to make good with the fans and their top choices.

I'll reiterate again how if they want to sell Wii U's, they had BETTER get the top 10, at least! The list you came up with earlier works fine. (I also meant to add Mewtwo to my list there, but forgot.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Agatha? What an interesting choice...

Don't get me started on B&K...

And I've been thinking about these rosters discussions lately, and it's kind of dawned on me that the top picks seem to be 90% of the time everyone's picks. It's fascinating, honestly, but it has certainly made this a boring race compared to the last. Rational discussions are more one-sides than they've ever been.

Back in the pre-Brawl days, we had Krystal vs. Wolf supporters, Diddy vs. K. Rool vs. Dixie (later), Lucario was a big "Maybe" vs. Mewtwo, and Olimar didn't have as much full-on support as he honestly should have.

Nowadays, though, K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Mega Man and (sort of) Isaac seem to be *almost* unanimously agreed upon. It's kind of funny, really. Sure there's Mario rep competition, but that gets sort of overshadowed by the above names. There's also SOME K. Rool vs. Dixie, but the poor girl's sorta been blown out of the water by the King's popularity.

No really, I did some research yesterday into people's Youtube polls, and the number of times K. Rool appeared, let alone was voted on astounded me. In one poll, he came in third with 144 votes, behind Mega Man and Mewtwo. (Funnily enough, Ridley ranked 8th.) It was from a year ago, but still.

It kind of makes me glad to see such agreement. Hopefully it will stay generally the same post E3...

D

Deleted member

Blown out of the water? I'd say more K. Rool's girth means there's not enough room for both of them. :troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
K. Rool's hammy character is too big.
Honestly, it's so big the game should just be "Super K. Rool Bros. Katastrophe: Let's beat the **** out of Donkey Kong"

I'd play that. Also, there should be singing. "One of Us" as the main/every theme works!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fun fact: I first learned what the word 'girth' meant because it was included the Nintendo Power's Donkey Kong Country player's guide during its description of K. Rool's boss fight.

"Despite K. Rool's considerable girth, he can really book it! Stay on your toes!"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And now I want an Early Childhood DKC games game.

Kounting with K. Rool
DKtionary - DK will teach you the TRUE meaning of the word GIRTH! (-_-)
Paint by Klumps

...Sex-Ed with Candy? Uh... Maybe not that one. Maybe. Candy's Wild Ride

Cranky's Modesty Class is best class.

Edit: Swanky's Swindler: Haggle like a pro on the playground.

Funky's Fugue: Musical training, little dude!
Traffic Signs with Rockroc!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
SSBF brought up K. Rool's voice in the main thread, and I was thinking, aside from the "Yeah, thank you!" taunt, what else would he say during matches?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In conjunction with his taunts:

- "Yeah, thank you!"
- Laughing maniacally while he polishes his gun.
- Saying "I'm surrounded by fools" as he facepalms.

Works for me!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Laughing like a maniac should really make up most of his vocals though.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Agatha? What an interesting choice...

Don't get me started on B&K...

And I've been thinking about these rosters discussions lately, and it's kind of dawned on me that the top picks seem to be 90% of the time everyone's picks. It's fascinating, honestly, but it has certainly made this a boring race compared to the last. Rational discussions are more one-sides than they've ever been.

Back in the pre-Brawl days, we had Krystal vs. Wolf supporters, Diddy vs. K. Rool vs. Dixie (later), Lucario was a big "Maybe" vs. Mewtwo, and Olimar didn't have as much full-on support as he honestly should have.

Nowadays, though, K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Mega Man and (sort of) Isaac seem to be *almost* unanimously agreed upon. It's kind of funny, really. Sure there's Mario rep competition, but that gets sort of overshadowed by the above names. There's also SOME K. Rool vs. Dixie, but the poor girl's sorta been blown out of the water by the King's popularity.

No really, I did some research yesterday into people's Youtube polls, and the number of times K. Rool appeared, let alone was voted on astounded me. In one poll, he came in third with 144 votes, behind Mega Man and Mewtwo. (Funnily enough, Ridley ranked 8th.) It was from a year ago, but still.

It kind of makes me glad to see such agreement. Hopefully it will stay generally the same post E3...
I hear you where it might not be as exciting but only the best of the best are worthy and theres few to choose from now...isnt that a better thing? Less comotion on deciding.

Bet you already knew that ofc you just stating.

Yh when it comes to worldwide K.Rool i have noticed is top and Megaman and Mewtwo are higher than Ridley.

D

Deleted member

I hear you where it might not be as exciting but only the best of the best are worthy and theres few to choose from now...isnt that a better thing? Less comotion on deciding.

Bet you already knew that ofc you just stating.

Yh when it comes to worldwide K.Rool i have noticed is top and Megaman and Mewtwo are higher than Ridley.
I'd say it's more like this when it comes to worldwide popularity:
1st: Mewtwo
2nd: Mega Man
3rd: King K. Rool
4th: Ridley

Regardless, they're all enormously popular.
Banjodorf said:
In conjunction with his taunts:

- "Yeah, thank you!"
- Laughing maniacally while he polishes his gun.
- Saying "I'm surrounded by fools" as he facepalms.

Works for me!
That was the main thing I was thinking about when it came to voices for some potential newcomers (as well as victory).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyways, K.Rool is totally up there. He's almost as popular as Diddy was pre-Brawl now actually.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
is it bad that I like lucario more? because I do.
Yes. :p

Naw, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I am mostly just sad that he was taken out when he was a very unique character who felt awesome to play as, ignoring some of his abysmally designed special moves which could have simply been changed or improved for brawl. His super-psychic moveset was, in my opinion, so much cooler than Lucario's "look, I punch stuff" moveset. Lucario just feels really crappy to play as, he's probably my least used character.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The only thing in were Lucario>Mewtwo
Is he no doubt was a better char like he could actually fight and be viable...

But it is astonishing that Mewtwo pure overwhelmibg popularity is whipping the floor with Lucarios fighting skills... I bet the only reason peepz hate Lucario is that he supposedly replaced Mewtwo...

I mean if they both were in brawl and mewtwo changed little to none peepz probly would have been saying like ''Wow..Mewtwo sucks compared to Mewtwo why...''

If Mewtwo returns he needs alotta work as much work as along the lines of Ganondorf..maybe a tad less...(-_-)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why should it be bad? lol

Unless you're implying that Mewtwo should not return.
having to choose between mewtwo and lucario is like choosing between a chicken burger and a hamburger. they are both good, but even better with cheese.

Top Bottom