• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have fully Supported K.Rool for Sm4sh since day1 i was shocked when i heared he was in the race! Never crossed my mind..i sorta forgot about him because hes had no recent appearence and all but h is no doubt the most deserving D.K char to get in.

Although i wouldnt mind at all if Cranky got in if he was done right.

I see K.Rool pretty much in the same boat as Ridley

#1 Both are extremely cool, unique never before chars

#2 Both are extremely popular/requested

#3 both are pretty much the last remaining true all stars huge villans from the most popular of popular Nintendo Franchises.

No doubt that Sakurai KNOW'S how big, bad & requested these two guys are and if they both or only one gets in your damn sure there was a specific reason why.

he knows there requsted and he knows when they were requested ge has/had time to add em...

Sooo boy...if they dont get in im sure hundreds of people would wanna know Sakurai's ''Excuse''

Its not like he doesnt know this time like pre brawl - melee.

Thats my 2 cents at the end of the day!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If they don't include K.Rool and Ridley this time that'd be a huge spit in the face to the fanbase.

D

Deleted member

If they don't include K.Rool and Ridley this time that'd be a huge spit in the face to the fanbase.
This. There is no reason why we can't have one of these and both are due for this game (especially Ridley who should have been in Brawl).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This one here disagrees:

I was already glad we got her as a Metroid rep. And Diddy as a DKC rep. But with Kirby and StarFox still at 3 playable characters, one cannot help but want a newcomer for both DKC and Metroid.

And honestly, we're still not GURANTEED to have either K.Rool or Ridley! Sure, DKC and Metroid are overdue to have 3 characters, but who's to say we are getting K.Rool and Ridley?

King K.Rool still has Dixie Kong as major competition.
And Ridley could be rivalled by Anthony Higgs.

Not saying these characters shouldn't get in. Cause I honestly support all 4, but there's a slight chance we're getting Dixe and Anthony before the reptiles.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What will be most unpleasant to deal with if K. Rool does not become playable is the number of people who will implicate K. Rool being "irrelevant" as the reason for his absence, forgetting "correlation =/= causation" in the process. If he's not in, it could be for any number of reasons, such as Sakurai deciding that other series warrant representation more than DK does, or that K. Rool ought to be held off on until SSB5, where popular characters will be even more sparse.

Not that I'm expecting any of this to happen, but it's worth consideration in any case.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If anthony gets in instead of any other Metroid rep lol Sakurai thinks his arm hurts now? LOOOOL i will lock him in a never ending Armbar untill he dies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
the punishment is worth the crime so its not harsh.

Ok let me give you another example so you lot can grasp it abit more.

Anthony getting in Sm4sh instead of any other metroid rep is equivalent to Kiddy Kong getting into Brawl instead of Diddy Kong.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What will be most unpleasant to deal with if K. Rool does not become playable is the number of people who will implicate K. Rool being "irrelevant" as the reason for his absence, forgetting "correlation =/= causation" in the process. If he's not in, it could be for any number of reasons, such as Sakurai deciding that other series warrant representation more than DK does, or that K. Rool ought to be held off on until SSB5, where popular characters will be even more sparse.

Not that I'm expecting any of this to happen, but it's worth consideration in any case.
I feel like this happened to Ridley as well.

"Look at how big he was in Brawl! You really see that being playable? You're crazy!"

People even began to misquote Sakurai as saying he was "too big" instead of "too slow."

Don't see much of that anymore though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I feel like Ridley and K. Rool didn't have the same barriers, as K. Rool is consistently Bowser sized. However, there's always possibility of him being overlooked (like any newcomer, really) so that's my only real concern.

However, if K. Rool and Ridley are NOT present, it really shows a disconnect with the fanbase (especially since Nintendo's getting better about that these days), particularly in K. Rool's case, given that he's highly requested in both hemispheres. Nintendo can't really afford to not appeal to the fanbase right now, anyway.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't really call it a disconnect from the fanbase since they did include Sonic who was massively requested during Brawl, not to mention many other characters that were heavily requested to show up in smash have made it in. It just so happens that the likes of K. Rool and Ridley are taking a little longer to show up than others. After all, they do need some characters that can really excite people for future smash games. I'm not saying K. Rool and Ridley wont be in smash 4 because of this. But I think that may have a little part of why it's taking them so long and maybe this time it's their turn to show up now.

I hope I explained that well enough... ^^;

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didn't mean to say Brawl didn't show that. Brawl's roster was chok full of the most popular choices:

Sonic
Wario
Diddy
Ike
Wolf
Olimar
Lucario
MK
Dedede

That's most of the newcomers right there. I'm just hoping they follow through in the same kind of way with K. Rool, Mega Man, Mac and Ridley.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh I see now, I'm sure they will continue to include fan favorites into smash 4 too. Lets just wait for E3 for now and see who made in so far. :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Agreed. The waiting is just so hard, as always. Gah!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I know. :urg: Oh well, at least for me there is Fire Emblem Awakening to look forward to and I guess Donkey Kong country Return's 3D since I never played the original before, in the meantime that is.

E3 is not too far away now, just try and pass the time with whatever you've got and it should be there soon... ^^

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know. :urg: Oh well, at least for me there is Fire Emblem Awakening to look forward to and I guess Donkey Kong country Return's 3D since I never played the original before, in the meantime that is.

E3 is not too far away now, just try and pass the time with whatever you've got and it should be there soon... ^^
Yeah, I guess it doesn't help that right now I'm trying to finish up my final project as a Senior and I got delayed on it for unforseeable reasons. Now I have 2 weeks :ugh:

After that though, and once everything is over, it's full steam ahead to Smashland! (And getting a job. Yay!)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I guess it doesn't help that right now I'm trying to finish up my final project as a Senior and I got delayed on it for unforseeable reasons. Now I have 2 weeks :ugh:

After that though, and once everything is over, it's full steam ahead to Smashland! (And getting a job. Yay!)
That too of course. I've got College to take care of and that should pass the time pretty quickly for me. I think we have about 60 days left I think. Just a little patience and Sakurai will spill everything out for us. (Okay a part of it but that's still better than nothing)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That too of course. I've got College to take care of and that should pass the time pretty quickly for me. I think we have about 60 days left I think. Just a little patience and Sakurai will spill everything out for us. (Okay a part of it but that's still better than nothing)
At this point, I'd honestly settle for just the name. The name! Give us the blasted name! I'm tired of saying Smash 4 or "Smash Bros. 4" to non-SWF people. Gah. I'm hoping for Universe. It doesn't sound silly. Would also settle for Fury or Frenzy or Fracas (Which sounds silly, but it makes me laugh.)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
At this point, I'd honestly settle for just the name. The name! Give us the blasted name! I'm tired of saying Smash 4 or "Smash Bros. 4" to non-SWF people. Gah. I'm hoping for Universe. It doesn't sound silly. Would also settle for Fury or Frenzy or Fracas (Which sounds silly, but it makes me laugh.)
For some reason, I can't help but think of "Fray" as the most likely name but oh well, guess we will have to see. ^^

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sakurai better spill the beans at E3...no no..he better spill 2 Bean tins !! How long has it been..and your damn sure they ofc know peepz are hungryy for news!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm mainly thinking of other synonyms of "Melee" and "Brawl" and besides tussle, ruckus, scuffle, clash and Battle Royal (We would get a whine fest from Sony fans for that one) etc. I find "Fray" the most likely one they would go for. But I don't know really... :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

never played DKCR and is in a K Rool thread? Really?

guess it makes sense since k rool isn't in returns :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You don't need to play DKCR in order to be a fan of K. Rool. Especially (as you pointed out) he isn't even the main villain in it. :troll:
I know, I know. I'm a fan of ridley but only ever played super metroid, I shouldn't be talking.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I am a fan of Ridley but have only played/finish the Prime series..aint never played Super Metroid..(0_0) i know..but when i get my Wii U ima download it ASAP.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OH! We're coming up with possible names?!? As long as its SSB Frenzy, Fury, Rumble, Clash, Strife, Riot, Showdown or Ultra, I'll be happy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Clash is a pretty good name too I guess. But oh well, I guess we are kinda getting the K. Rool thread sidetracked now, sorry. ^^;

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Clash, Fray and Universe are my favorite names thus far.

Anyways. I think it's most likely K.Rool will appear in his King persona in Smash.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree, although K. Rool's likely inclusion and the fact that they tested the waters in Brawl makes me hopeful for the advent of alternate costumes. They're also a good selection for DLC.

I want:

Dr. Mario
Kaptain/K. Roolenstein (Krusha too, but that's bonus. Also Pharool.)
James McCloud (with different voice)
Pink Hoodie Mac
Great Lord Chrom (That armor is sexy.)
Mr. L
Dry Bowser
Zora Armor Link
Meta Ridley

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree, although K. Rool's likely inclusion and the fact that they tested the waters in Brawl makes me hopeful for the advent of alternate costumes. They're also a good selection for DLC.

I want:

Dr. Mario
Kaptain/K. Roolenstein (Krusha too, but that's bonus. Also Pharool.)
James McCloud (with different voice)
Pink Hoodie Mac
Great Lord Chrom (That armor is sexy.)
Mr. L
Dry Bowser
Zora Armor Link
Meta Ridley
I like all those choices. K. Rool could be unique by having all of his silly disguises as alternate costumes.

Also, Dark Pit for Pit and Awakening alts for Marth, Roy and Ike. Props for including Dry Bowser. =D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dry Bowser would be cool.

But I have a kinda problem with alternative costumes for K.Rool... What if he has the crown throw as one of his specials? Will he throw his pirate hat as Kaptain K.Rool then? :rolleyes:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I like all those choices. K. Rool could be unique by having all of his silly disguises as alternate costumes.

Also, Dark Pit for Pit and Awakening alts for Marth, Roy and Ike. Props for including Dry Bowser. =D
Cripes! I forgot about the Awakening alts, and was literally JUST talking about Dark Pit being an alt with my roomate. How could I forget that?

Edit: I kind of expect Roy to have his Awakening look anyway.

Dry Bowser would be cool.

But I have a kinda problem with alternative costumes for K.Rool... What if he has the crown throw as one of his specials? Will he throw his pirate hat as Kaptain K.Rool then? :rolleyes:
That'd be awesome! He could throw his hat, his scepter for Pharool, his gloves for Krusha and....something...for K. Roolenstein.

Top Bottom