• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So is that leak that stated Dixie would be in (not the DLC one) still up in the air or no?
The only valid leak is the roster, none of the "these characters are the extra unlockables" have any credibility whatsoever based on what we have heard.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Of my two most wanted characters. K. Rool doesn't have his trophy leaked yet, so I got hope for that yet.
My biggest dissapoint so far is the lack of heavy characters in the leaks. That is one of my few reasons left to believe K. Rool should and might be in. Or maybe Dark Pit is as heavy Pit clone? blegh...
I still have a little faith. Let me post again what I drew not long ago for this thread.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm quite annoyed with this forum, which never mentions any K Rool now that it was not mentioned by a hapless leaker.

I'm glad my hope never laid with the foolhardy posters here, but it is quite irritating to me that he seems to be forgotten now in the hearts of so many. He was the WORLDWIDE MOST REQUESTED NEWCOMER.

Irreverent fools indeed.
Long live the king! Pass me a cocktail.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm quite annoyed with this forum, which never mentions any K Rool now that it was not mentioned by a hapless leaker.

I'm glad my hope never laid with the foolhardy posters here, but it is quite irritating to me that he seems to be forgotten now in the hearts of so many. He was the WORLDWIDE MOST REQUESTED NEWCOMER.

Irreverent fools indeed.
Long live the king! Pass me a cocktail.
Well, according to one poll he was only the second, Mega Man was the first. (Mewtwo was actually first on the poll, but obviously Mewtwo isn't a newcomer.) Though, that poll had quite a small margin and I have no idea where it came from exactly.

http://smashboards.com/threads/demo...es-confirmed-assist-trophy-appearance.324265/

Bottom of second post (this was posted in the Isaac thread because Isaac was #5.)

EDIT: Oh, and @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon , let's drink cocktails together and Be Prepared for the return of the king!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Kid Icarus did deserve to be brought back however...

Just because Sakurai made Uprising dosent give him the right to flood Smash with content with that game. It's an insult to the other franchises selected to be in the game alongside it. Before Uprising I felt all the other franchises were equally repped well enough in previous games, I mean Kirby was a bit more prevalent but still not over the top. Now most of the items in this game are from that game and they sit at 3 reps over other franchises who should have been at 3 last game. That's rediculous and is just blatant favoritism.
Sakurai stated created Kid Icarus with Smash in mind.
He has stated many times that he toils over how to represent other artists creations in smash bros, because he wants to do those pieces justice. As a fellow artist, and someone who believes he quite frequent follows Sakurai's brain waves, I completely comprehend this.

It is my belief that in doing so, a lot of what we see in Smash bros, from Kid Icarus, was in fact only in Icarus so that it could be in Smash Bros. He got a lot of crap for his original creations in Subspace Emissary, because they did not originate from a game world. I think Kid Icarus was actually serving almost as a prequel for certain items and content that he thought would look cool in Smash Bros, rather than the other way around.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
He has stated many times that he toils over how to represent other artists creations in smash bros, because he wants to do those pieces justice. As a fellow artist, and someone who believes he quite frequent follows Sakurai's brain waves, I completely comprehend this.

It is my belief that in doing so, a lot of what we see in Smash bros, from Kid Icarus, was in fact only in Icarus so that it could be in Smash Bros. He got a lot of crap for his original creations in Subspace Emissary, because they did not originate from a game world. I think Kid Icarus was actually serving almost as a prequel for certain items and content that he thought would look cool in Smash Bros, rather than the other way around.
Hmm. I never thought of it nor looked at it that way. I also never heard Sakurai mention that he made Uprising with Smash in mind. I too am an artist, and your point of view makes sense to me. You have successfully changed my view good sir and I'm not afraid to admit it. *virtual high five*

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

This, so much this. I pretty much feel the same way about a lot of the enemies. Hell, they wouldn't even look out of place in SSE, they are weird enough to do it. Likewise, SSE enemies could have easily gone into KI:U. It meshes together so well.

I do hope to see some more DK enemies around in Smash Run. I believe we've only got the blue and green Kritters so far, right?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This, so much this. I pretty much feel the same way about a lot of the enemies. Hell, they wouldn't even look out of place in SSE, they are weird enough to do it. Likewise, SSE enemies could have easily gone into KI:U. It meshes together so well.

I do hope to see some more DK enemies around in Smash Run. I believe we've only got the blue and green Kritters so far, right?
I was positive I saw Brown Kritters that threw darts or something similar, but no one seems to mention the Brown Kritters at all. Maybe I just messed up. Oh, and we have at least one larger Kremling as well in Smash Run.

We know that Green Kritters bang their heads and Blue Kritters do a twisting jump. I was positive I saw Brown Kritters as well which threw projectiles.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice

I suppose... even though I still don't like the abundance of KI content in Smash right now, the reasoning behind it seems valid, at least. Consider me neutral on this.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yea. Say anything you want about the Sm4sh roster, be as salty as you like, but it can't get as bad as the MK8 roster. Why does everything need to have a baby version? More to the point, why doesn't Bowser have one? I mean, if you go baby, you should go all out!

Nnnno, the best possible scenario is K. Rool being playable vanilla. The second best is DLC, and if DLC won't be a thing, then an AT would be the final option.
Well with this new leak being proven, it's sounding like Dixie is probably on the disc (that 4chan post that predates Ninka's original leak).

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well with this new leak being proven, it's sounding like Dixie is probably on the disc (that 4chan post that predates Ninka's original leak).
I've both heard it was before and after the leak and I don't know what and when and why anymore. What were the exact dates?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'll be the bringer of good news, NoJ has announced a 3DS Direct. No promises about smash or anything, but maybe we'll get something out of it.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'll be the bringer of good news, NoJ has announced a 3DS Direct. No promises about smash or anything, but maybe we'll get something out of it.
I would actually be surprised if this Direct isn't international or doesn't have anything Smash 3DS related. I mean, it has to! The 3DS version launches in less than 20 days and there are still some newcomer videos left.

It's now or never.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I would actually be surprised if this Direct isn't international or doesn't have anything Smash 3DS related. I mean, it has to! The 3DS version launches in less than 20 days and there are still some newcomer videos left.

It's now or never.
It actually said 3DS in the tweet. But yes, it's almost guaranteed that some Sm4sh info will be in it.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Everyone with any hope left, hold onto it tight for the direct tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm over here like

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet

We've also got some of the Tikis in there as well.

No sign of the Snowmads though, unfortunately. I'm guessing they're probably too new.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Well this week is about customization, and we're getting a Japanese 3DS direct tomorrow, what if we get a world wide reveal trailer about a character like Paluneta who is built around customizations? and non of the leaked characters fit that criteria, but Ray Mk(from Custom Robo) or K.Rool would

Well this week is about customization, and we're getting a Japanese 3DS direct tomorrow, what if we get a world wide reveal trailer about a character like Paluneta who is built around customizations? and non of the leaked characters fit that criteria, but Ray Mk(from Custom Robo) or K.Rool would
K.Rool seriously would fit the custom moves mechanic with all his split personalities.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the "new" Ganondorf has me worried of K.Rool's moveset, if he is indeed in the game. He has, literally, the most potential of any newcomer.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Has there ever been a NDirect that was Japan-exclusive?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Poppin in again to remind everyone that Sakurai had an entire interview slated around 'wanting this game to be the best Character Game ever.'

And then to remind everyone the most requested character, first party, world wide, Newcomer, was K Rool.

That's all.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Poppin in again to remind everyone that Sakurai had an entire interview slated around 'wanting this game to be the best Character Game ever.'

And then to remind everyone the most requested character, first party, world wide, Newcomer, was K Rool.

That's all.
That depends on what Sakurai considers "the best characters ever", as apparently we have Dr Mario and Dark Pit xD

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That depends on what Sakurai considers "the best characters ever", as apparently we have Dr Mario and Dark Pit xD
You can look at it from that arbitrary standpoint, if you want to make yourself angry, but that is literally if you just want to continue to feel badly.

1- Dr Mario was likely added to appeal to fans.
WHAT? HOW CAN THAT BE?
Well, Sakurai was bombarded with requests to make this new game more like Melee. We have seen many attempts all over to appeal to fans of both Brawl and Melee, to both Casuals and Hardcore gamers. Bringing back Roy (Lucina) and Dr Mario, two popular characters, was a big step in this direction. He already stated that he was going to do this without making them separate characters- yet ended up needing to make them separate if he wanted them to play differently. Melee fans needed Lucina/Roy to play differently, and needed Doc to have stronger attacks and the Mario Tornado. Without these attributes, the cosmetic change meant nothing. It was about competitive battle. Dark Pit is likely just a new one because 3 is a round number aesthetically.

2- It ultimately does not matter if He himself considers it the best character game. Pats on the shoulder if he does. Critics and the consumer must deem it so. Luckily, he has a great source (many actually, in polls and forums) to figure out what consumers want in the game. He cannot claim to not know what the people want. It is apparent our biggest wants are Ridley, Mewtwo, K Rool. If he wants it to be a good character game, he has to, in part at least, appeal to us. He cannot reason around that logic.

Top Bottom