• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh god not the "x is of more deserve" argument. Please don't open that can of worms, it just ends up in false accusations and tears and more of that jazz.

When King K. Rool joins the fight, his brother takes over as being the stage hazard.
Kaptain K. Rool:"Leave it to me!"
Haha, this would make it possible for him to be a boss AND an assist trophy AND a playable character simultaneously.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Guys, what if the leaker is lying about not everything being unlocked and we don't get ANY dk newcomer? I mean the japanese version comes out in 20 days and we don't know anything about shulk,dhd,bowser jr and dark pit...

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Guys, what if the leaker is lying about not everything being unlocked and we don't get ANY dk newcomer? I mean the japanese version comes out in 20 days and we don't know anything about shulk,dhd,bowser jr and dark pit...
That would be absolutely horrendous. I would commit sudoku write angry things on the internet.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
IF K.Rool gets no representation in this game I'll be pretty mad BUT it could indicate his possible DLC status. My thing is if he isn't on the roster and he isn't an assist trophy he may be a boss on the Wii U, when Wii U version drops if K.Rool is still absent I will be really really mad and then hope he's DLC. Hopefully @ BKupa666 BKupa666 's DLC campaign will be fruitful at that point.

MK8's DLC has me 100% convinced that Smash will be givin DLC aswell. Could even skip the 3DS all together Sakurai said the rosters would be identical in both games by he also said DLC hadn't been planned and I think that's bull. DLC was probably discussed relatively early possibly to give him a time table to work with characters, if they couldn't meet a deadline they could be placed on the DLC list. If K.Rool isn't in he could very well be DLC giving DK 4 reps post launch. Plus K.Rool could be viewed as a valuable DLC character being so highly requested. Infact I wouldn't be shocked if we saw DLC announced pre Wii U launch as it is possible that characters couldn't make the 3DS deadline and were held off. November is going to be DKCs anniversary K.Rool as DLC could very well be announced

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
IF K.Rool gets no representation in this game I'll be pretty mad BUT it could indicate his possible DLC status. My thing is if he isn't on the roster and he isn't an assist trophy he may be a boss on the Wii U, when Wii U version drops if K.Rool is still absent I will be really really mad and then hope he's DLC. Hopefully @ BKupa666 BKupa666 's DLC campaign will be fruitful at that point.

MK8's DLC has me 100% convinced that Smash will be givin DLC aswell. Could even skip the 3DS all together Sakurai said the rosters would be identical in both games by he also said DLC hadn't been planned and I think that's bull. DLC was probably discussed relatively early possibly to give him a time table to work with characters, if they couldn't meet a deadline they could be placed on the DLC list. If K.Rool isn't in he could very well be DLC giving DK 4 reps post launch. Plus K.Rool could be viewed as a valuable DLC character being so highly requested. Infact I wouldn't be shocked if we saw DLC announced pre Wii U launch as it is possible that characters couldn't make the 3DS deadline and were held off. November is going to be DKCs anniversary K.Rool as DLC could very well be announced
Let's not forget that apparently K. Rool is also very requested in Japan. The MK8 DLC thing is such good news for pretty much every character.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
If that happens, I will have lost all faith in Sakurai. We wanted the #1 character game, and we got Super Smash Bros. Uprising. Praying that doesn't happen, though.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Again, All-Star was locked, therefore that is NOT the full roster. We still have a glimmer of hope though, if the leaker really lied with the DLC thing. And I really hope he does, because those five characters would fit perfectly in the roster to make it a 9x6 rectangle and leave no spaces. If not let's hope the Wii U version really has more characters or hope for DLC.

K Rool's chances have undoubtedly been hurt, but it's too soon to give up!!

Also, 400 pages!!

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Let's not forget that apparently K. Rool is also very requested in Japan. The MK8 DLC thing is such good news for pretty much every character.
He absolutely is! I forget where I saw it but someone posted the list of the
top most requested newcomers from Japan and the U.S. I wish I could find the list. His list was made from him visiting Japanese forums and seeing their most wanteds.

I believe his list was:

Japan:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Palutena
Shulk

U.S.:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Little Mac
Ridley

His list was made pre Palutena and Little Mac announcements I believe. I'm pretty sure that, that exact order was how he typed the list. Regardless of whether character A or B is wanted more and should be higher or lower take notice that out of all those characters 4 are in. Shulk is technically rumored in but well....we all know that pic leak is legit now. Looks to me like Sakurai is sticking to those most wanted characters as far as I can tell. Mewtwo and Ridley are heavily rumored to be in so why stiff K.Rool who is popular in two countries not just one or the other. Seems weird he'd get the shaft and we'd get Dixie over him at this point. If Sakurai ignores K.Rool it seems to me that there's something else going on behind the scenes. I have nothing against Ridley but if he gets in and K.Rool dosnt I call shinanigans, why would a character who's only wanted in the west get in but a character who is equally desired in the east and west be ignored.....there's have to be more to the story

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
top most requested newcomers from Japan and the U.S. I wish I could find the list. His list was made from him visiting Japanese forums and seeing their most wanteds.

I believe his list was:

Japan:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Palutena
Shulk

U.S.:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Little Mac
Ridley

His list was made pre Palutena and Little Mac announcements I believe. I'm pretty sure that, that exact order was how he typed the list. Regardless of whether character A or B is wanted more and should be higher or lower take notice that out of all those characters 4 are in. Shulk is technically rumored in but well....we all know that pic leak is legit now. Looks to me like Sakurai is sticking to those most wanted characters as far as I can tell. Mewtwo and Ridley are heavily rumored to be in so why stiff K.Rool who is popular in two countries not just one or the other. Seems weird he'd get the shaft and we'd get Dixie over him at this point. If Sakurai ignores K.Rool it seems to me that there's something else going on behind the scenes. I have nothing against Ridley but if he gets in and K.Rool dosnt I call shinanigans, why would a character who's only wanted in the west get in but a character who is equally desired in the east and west be ignored.....there's have to be more to the story
I don't know, and I probably got this idea because the Ridley fanbase is so (obnoxiously) vocal, but it almost feels as if the Ridley fanbase is the same size as the K. Rool fanbase, just all clumped up in the west.
No, it's probably not true, just the impression it gives.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't know, and I probably got this idea because the Ridley fanbase is so (obnoxiously) vocal, but it almost feels as if the Ridley fanbase is the same size as the K. Rool fanbase, just all clumped up in the west.
No, it's probably not true, just the impression it gives.
In the states I'd absolutely say they're the same size. In Japan though Metroid isn't very popular Ridley isn't really requested over there. When Ridley is discussed he's usually brought up in how popular he is with "foreign fans". K.Rool has a large
Following in both countries, hes as requested on Japanese forums as he is here. I'm not saying K.Rool deserves to be in more than Ridley (they both are equally deserving) I'm just saying that if Sakurai does put Ridley in but not K.Rool there has to be another factor stopping him from being playable. So far Megaman is the only equally requested fighter that's been put in, Mewtwo is obviously second on the hype list as far as I'm concerned being as he's so heavily requested in 2 countries. Id put K.Rool 3rd out of the sheer amount of fans both over seas and here. It wouldn't make sense not to have him on the roster ESPECIALLY if every other character on those most wanted lists make the cut.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

I believe his list was:

Japan:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Palutena
Shulk

U.S.:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Little Mac
Ridley

Well damn, these lists brought hope back to me again.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I believe his list was:

Japan:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Palutena
Shulk

U.S.:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Little Mac
Ridley
What a great list. Out of 7 characters, we know 4 are in. That just leaves the Big 3.

I wonder if Sakurai is trying to be smart about all this. Off-the-wall idea, but hear me out: Smash is extremely hyped, and every Smash before has been leaked before release, despite Nintendo's penalties. What if Sakurai hasn't told the dev team about the big 3, just let them make, test, and balance the other characters? Meanwhile, he has one or two really trusted modellers/animators being the ones putting Mewtwo, Ridley and KRool into his copy of the game, and making that the only one there. He has to know its going to get leaked, so by keeping it secret like this, he can ensure that they'll bring the hype train into the station only when he wants to release them. I know they did something similar with Mew in Pokémon R/B, where nobody knew it was programmed in.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
What a great list. Out of 7 characters, we know 4 are in. That just leaves the Big 3.

I wonder if Sakurai is trying to be smart about all this. Off-the-wall idea, but hear me out: Smash is extremely hyped, and every Smash before has been leaked before release, despite Nintendo's penalties. What if Sakurai hasn't told the dev team about the big 3, just let them make, test, and balance the other characters? Meanwhile, he has one or two really trusted modellers/animators being the ones putting Mewtwo, Ridley and KRool into his copy of the game, and making that the only one there. He has to know its going to get leaked, so by keeping it secret like this, he can ensure that they'll bring the hype train into the station only when he wants to release them. I know they did something similar with Mew in Pokémon R/B, where nobody knew it was programmed in.
That sounds like a movie, but it would be really cool if it were the case.

After seeing those lists, I'd be pretty upset if K Rool doesn't make it into the roster. Mewtwo and Ridley are a shoe-in after the teasing, and that would leave K Rool as the only one not to become playable.

Chin up, Kutthroats! This is good news!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Sounds like the rundown before a heist in an espionage movie.

Bond. K. Bond.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I could see Nintendo doing a villains pack DLC(provided any of these aren't in the main game)

K Rool
Ridley
Wolf

That would be money well spent

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I really am hoping King K is in. Out of the characters in my sig, I thought the only ones that would for sure be in were Mewtwo, King K, and Palutena. But right now it's Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. (The exact way I DIDN'T want him to play), Lucina, Robin, and Palutena.

I thought I'd be lucky to get three of the characters on the list. Right now I have 5 O_O

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

I believe his list was:

Japan:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Palutena
Shulk

U.S.:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman
Little Mac
Ridley

Excluding Mewtwo, who is a veteran, that means K. Rool is the top newcomer of both lists. This is a great list indeed. Does anyone have a link to the full character request list prior to development of Smash 4?

Such a genius idea. That would be awesome if that happened.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I can't find the post itself however this is a thread discussing Japan's most wanted characters apparently Chronobound is the one who compiled this info, if I remember correctly Chronobound may have been the one who posted those lists in one of the leak threads.

In this thread Chronobound states that K.Rool is one of THE most requested characters outside of Mewtwo and Roy. Which means he's near the top of the list

http://smashboards.com/threads/obse...es-desires-for-smash-4-by-chronobound.338160/

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's why I repeatedly say, the only thing Dixie had going for her is Tropical Freeze and the leaks, neither of which hold any merit right now. No signs Sakurai was aware of TF at the start of Smash's development, K. Rool is far more requested and popular as a whole, K. Rool is the next most important DK character, Sakurai loves dem Kremlings and keeps teasing them left and right, lack of DK stages when we've got at least one more 3DS stage and two Wii U stages (the Wii U stages could be anything though), etc.

We're not out of the woods yet, K. Rool's chances still look excellent. (Though obviously keep cautiously optimistic.)

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, with the latest MK8 DLC, I have newfound interest of seeing K. Rool in Mario Kart. Please Nintendo.
I seem to be one of the few people who doesn't like that mariokart 8 dlc, I love the implications it has for Smash 4 but not the characters themselves; in the final game we didn't have characters like Bowser Junior, Birdo, or even more interesting less popular characters like maybe Professor E Gadd. We didn't get King Boo, or even Donkey Kong characters like Diddy, Dixie, Lanky, or our King K himself, instead we got a bunch of baby characters and pink gold peach. I would love to see King K Rool in Mariokart because he makes a little bit of sense in the series, but I don't really feel that Link was necessary. Mario and Mario spin off characters should have a precedent, especially ones that exist in the canon. Like I said I do like it since it supports the belief that we may get DLC characters and stages for Smash 4, I mean it came out in April right? It's only been 4 months who knows we may see new smash characters by February!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
K. Rool is the most requested in Japan, yet I barely see any fanart or comments about him when it comes to Miiverse and other Japanese websites, I think that part may be wrong.
Well I can't say whether it's true or not, as I said Chronobound compiled the list in that thread I linked. He claims K.Rool is among one of the most requested characters over there. Who knows maybe support has shrunk over there with the lack of DK content announced. His list was compiled in 2013 a lot can change in a year, but at the time of making that list the roster would have been decided. So it's incredibly possible K.Rool is in.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I seem to be one of the few people who doesn't like that mariokart 8 dlc, I love the implications it has for Smash 4 but not the characters themselves; in the final game we didn't have characters like Bowser Junior, Birdo, or even more interesting less popular characters like maybe Professor E Gadd. We didn't get King Boo, or even Donkey Kong characters like Diddy, Dixie, Lanky, or our King K himself, instead we got a bunch of baby characters and pink gold peach. I would love to see King K Rool in Mariokart because he makes a little bit of sense in the series, but I don't really feel that Link was necessary. Mario and Mario spin off characters should have a precedent, especially ones that exist in the canon. Like I said I do like it since it supports the belief that we may get DLC characters and stages for Smash 4, I mean it came out in April right? It's only been 4 months who knows we may see new smash characters by February!
Yea. Say anything you want about the Sm4sh roster, be as salty as you like, but it can't get as bad as the MK8 roster. Why does everything need to have a baby version? More to the point, why doesn't Bowser have one? I mean, if you go baby, you should go all out!

I think the best possible scenario is that K. Rool is DLC now.
Nnnno, the best possible scenario is K. Rool being playable vanilla. The second best is DLC, and if DLC won't be a thing, then an AT would be the final option.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Personally I like the MK DLC well I like Link and Villager, I'm not a huge fan of Peach and Mario in different costumes. I agree there should be Bowser Jr., Diddy, King Boo, K.Rool, etc. But I personally have no problem with Link coming to Mario Kart. I think it's smart for Nintendo to explore other franchise reps in their crossover party games. It's one of the things that makes Smash so attractive all these characters interacting with one another. Yea I don't disagree that it looks weird to see Link driving around on a motorcycle or in a cart but hey it's Mario Kart it's not meant to be cannon to any game series it's just a fun racing game. Clearly this is extra incentive for Amiibos since Link and Villager will now be compatible with MK.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Personally I like the MK DLC well I like Link and Villager, I'm not a huge fan of Peach and Mario in different costumes. I agree there should be Bowser Jr., Diddy, King Boo, K.Rool, etc. But I personally have no problem with Link coming to Mario Kart. I think it's smart for Nintendo to explore other franchise reps in their crossover party games. It's one of the things that makes Smash so attractive all these characters interacting with one another. Yea I don't disagree that it looks weird to see Link driving around on a motorcycle or in a cart but hey it's Mario Kart it's not meant to be cannon to any game series it's just a fun racing game. Clearly this is extra incentive for Amiibos since Link and Villager will now be compatible with MK.
I'm not saying it should be canon but more that we are missing actual mario characters of importance and yet we get tanooki mario at most that should be some form of costume (I know that that isn't a thing in Mariokart) Give me oversaturation of kid icarus over all of those baby characters anyday the only ones we "needed" (needed used very loosely) would be mario luigi and bowser I think plus weren't those all in an actual game and if not baby bowser then why not bowser Jr and actual lightweight version of bowser who is also a separate character, speaking of I am fairly certain that we will see Pit DLC in Mariokart 8 eventually.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I will pay any amount of money I can, ANY I CAN
Totally agree K Rool Wolf and Ridley should all be in the vanilla game default anyway ridiculous as it would be to pay money for them post-release I would rather that than not get them at all

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It made a long time that I didn't post their, but I wanted to say that I'm one of us and that hope isn't lost until that Sakurai or that a leak that is extremely legit (like the one that you know) prove that he isn't playable. Dixie over K.Rool seems stupid in my opinion.

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
I'm just tired of being told that we, as a franchise, don't deserve a third character. Be it K. Rool or Dixie, the Donkey Kong series absolutely deserves more representation than some of the other series in this game that have a glut of characters, stages, items and ATs. According to the leak, we don't even have a new stage on the 3DS. That's really discouraging no matter how you look at it.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
If anything, DK series has been the most underrepresented series in the whole game. Hell, we didn't even get a second rep. until Brawl.

Been stalking this thread for a while, so put me on the support list :) K.Rool is one of my favorite Nintendo villains.

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
If anything, DK series has been the most underrepresented series in the whole game. Hell, we didn't even get a second rep. until Brawl.

Been stalking this thread for a while, so put me on the support list :) K.Rool is one of my favorite Nintendo villains.
Totally agree DKC and Metroid both feel so underrepresented (but Metroid doesn't have many characters), I'm really hoping we get a new one realistically we should have had second rep of diddy in Melee but with Rare leaving around the same time it was a big mess IIRC. If it wasn't for that we may have had 4-5 characters by now. I was thinking the same thing about Kid Icarus, Sakurai wanted to put him in 64, I think, imagine the boost that franchise would have gotten, surely we would have had many more KI games by now and we wouldn't need to get two newcomers from a series with only three games all at once!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well I'm back to hoping for King K. Rool after losing some faith in his inclusion. The lock of all-star mode, the incomplete CSS, and the fact that no one knows who is left has me really hopeful for him again even with the leak roster. It makes a ton of sense if he's in after all the little teases Sakurai has put in to PoTD's as well as the fact that King K. Rool is as popular as he is and requested so often. It just makes so much sense, and seeing so many other big popular requests make the cut, why wouldn't the hype three make it as well. I didn't even know about who exactly were the highest other than the three, so if Sakurai has included everyone of those, then why not go for the rest of those lists?

I really wanna believe that Sakurai has truly listened to the fans this time around and is going to include some of the most hyped up and desired characters (R.I.P. Waluigi :urg:). I'm going to foolishly start hoping for another hype three trailer again, because damn it we have a little over two weeks left, lets go out with a goddamn bang instead of a wimper!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well I'm back to hoping for King K. Rool after losing some faith in his inclusion. The lock of all-star mode, the incomplete CSS, and the fact that no one knows who is left has me really hopeful for him again even with the leak roster. It makes a ton of sense if he's in after all the little teases Sakurai has put in to PoTD's as well as the fact that King K. Rool is as popular as he is and requested so often. It just makes so much sense, and seeing so many other big popular requests make the cut, why wouldn't the hype three make it as well. I didn't even know about who exactly were the highest other than the three, so if Sakurai has included everyone of those, then why not go for the rest of those lists?

I really wanna believe that Sakurai has truly listened to the fans this time around and is going to include some of the most hyped up and desired characters (R.I.P. Waluigi :urg:). I'm going to foolishly start hoping for another hype three trailer again, because damn it we have a little over two weeks left, lets go out with a goddamn bang instead of a wimper!
If there were to be a big 3 trailer (and I want it so much), we're not getting it until Sept. 12th at the earliest. I would love for the POTD on the 12th to be something where Sakurai says that the game goes on sale tomorrow in Japan, so he wants to give us one last trailer at midnight of the 13th. Then we get Mewtwo, Ridley, and KRool all confirmed and the internet explodes with excitement.

I'm still hoping they pull a Hyrule Warriors and do a Smash direct before release. After all, we only got one character reveal this month (official), and now we just had a massive leak.

And in the event that our King doesn't make it (perish the thought), that direct would be a great time for Sakurai to say that he thinks DLC is a great idea.

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
It's been said time and again that, as a series, Donkey Kong has more top tier characters to be added to Smash Bros than any other franchise. So we get... nothing?

It just doesn't add up. It's heartbreaking.

Top Bottom