• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash Direct said all characters are the same on both games... :glare:
Here's the thing.

Characters could be delayed for Smash WiiU and available for Smash 3DS later.

The Ice Climbers have apparent technical difficulties, and may wind up just being in Smash WiiU.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You really are gonna hate on this game becuase 1 character didn't get in.ONE out of 21 newcomers.That's mighty pity
I'll just leave this here. My opinions are my opinions, and I despise a lot of the newcomers.

Literally only good newcomers:
Mewtwo
Ridley
Little Mac
Mega Man

Not offensive but boring:
Robin
Villager
Shulk
Mach Rider
Palutena
Pac Man

Actively Bad:
Dixie Kong
Duck Hunt Dog
Impa
Rosalina
Chorus Kids

Cancer:
Lucina
Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr.
Dark Pit
Greninja
Mii #1
WTF
Mii #2
Mii #3

Cut in favor of Dr. Mario's return:
Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Snake
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Roy

It's a lot worse for me personally when I don't even like Ridley and think he's got a dumb anorexic design and no personality. That said, I still want him there over these other characters for the sake of fans getting who they want, rather than their most hated characters in Dark Pit and Mii.

Yes, I do value K. Rool specifically over the others this much. I came into SSB4 wanting nothing but him and Mewtwo. Sure there are a lot of new movesets, but it's basically just wire frames fighting each other, a bunch of nobodies, outside of 5 or so of the new characters.

I've been waiting for K. Rool since Pre Brawl. Brawl actually gave me a lot of what I wanted even if it wasn't K. Rool, this game is just going out of its way to insult me.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Here's the thing.

The Ice Climbers have apparent technical difficulties, and may wind up just being in Smash WiiU.

This one hundred times. I bet a cookie it'll happen.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Here's the thing.

I said that months ago somewhere else and everybody told me I was crazy for thinking that. Now everybody seems to like the idea. Weeeeird.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I said that months ago somewhere else and everybody told me I was crazy for thinking that. Now everybody seems to like the idea. Weeeeird.
I've been saying this could happen since it was announced.

I remember a few people said I was stupid.

Of course the same blundering fools said I was stupid for "guessing" 51 total playable characters from way in the beginning of Smash 4 speculation to now, and currently that's the number we're at, and it's clear we are getting more. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I really hope that this Wii U exclusive character idea is true, not just because we get more characters, but because Nintendo needs to sell some Wii Us. Quite frankly, there is no real reason that the average consumer would buy a Wii U and Smash U over a 2/3DS and Smash 3DS, or just buy Smash 3DS if they have a 3DS.

As for K. Rool, I still think that he has a chance. Sakurai seems to be going for more unique characters, and K. Rool is beyond unique. Hopefully he is in it, and if he isn't, we'll just have to change that ;)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I've been saying this could happen since it was announced.

I remember a few people said I was stupid.

Of course the same blundering fools said I was stupid for "guessing" 51 total playable characters from way in the beginning of Smash 4 speculation to now, and currently that's the number we're at, and it's clear we are getting more. :laugh:
It's like we're soulmates. I predicted 50+ characters not long after the game was announced too :D

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'll just leave this here. My opinions are my opinions, and I despise a lot of the newcomers.

Literally only good newcomers:
Mewtwo
Ridley
Little Mac
Mega Man

Robin
Villager
Shulk
Mach Rider
Palutena
Pac Man

Actively Bad:
Dixie Kong
Duck Hunt Dog
Impa
Rosalina
Chorus Kids

Cancer:
Lucina
Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr.
Dark Pit
Greninja
Mii #1
WTF
Mii #2
Mii #3

Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Snake
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Roy

It's a lot worse for me personally when I don't even like Ridley and think he's got a dumb anorexic design and no personality. That said, I still want him there over these other characters for the sake of fans getting who they want, rather than their most hated characters in Dark Pit and Mii.

Yes, I do value K. Rool specifically over the others this much. I came into SSB4 wanting nothing but him and Mewtwo. Sure there are a lot of new movesets, but it's basically just wire frames fighting each other, a bunch of nobodies, outside of 5 or so of the new characters.

I've been waiting for K. Rool since Pre Brawl. Brawl actually gave me a lot of what I wanted even if it wasn't K. Rool, this game is just going out of its way to insult me.
I'm not the one to hate on other opinions no but that is extremely biased.I get not likely dark pit(i do) and maybe the miis.Saying the game is fulled with a bunch of nobodies is extremely stupid and unfair.There are people out there who wanted robin,rosalina,greninja i know for a fact that lots of people wanted bowser jr and Pacman.how about the ridley fans who have wanted him in since melee and each time been screwed.I'm not trying to **** on your opinion but it seems biased on many levels

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That list is honestly one of the most butthurt things I've read with no real basis or reasoning.

I can't even understand how it relates to the topic.

Just because it appears K. Rool isn't playable doesn't mean we should back say Pac-Man or Palutena or characters like them.

They all have their merits.

K. Rool is not "competing" with confirmed characters. He's competing with unconfirmed characters, namely potential newcomers, specifically ones not in that 6 character supposed leak.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
That list is honestly one of the most butthurt things I've read with no real basis or reasoning.

I can't even understand how it relates to the topic.

Just because it appears K. Rool isn't playable doesn't mean we should back say Pac-Man or Palutena or characters like them.

They all have their merits.

K. Rool is not "competing" with confirmed characters. He's competing with unconfirmed characters, namely potential newcomers, specifically ones not in that 6 character supposed leak.
Where did I claim real basis or reasoning? He asked why I was so upset with the roster because there were "great characters" like Greninja floating around. And sure, maybe he was popular in XY, but there were zero requests for him to be in Smash Bros before his reveal.

He is not competing with confirmed characters anymore, no, but they were still all picked over him.

And yes, I am butthurt, ass ravaged, in fact. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more upset with the roster on the entire forum.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Where did I claim real basis or reasoning? He asked why I was so upset with the roster because there were "great characters" like Greninja floating around. And sure, maybe he was popular in XY, but there were zero requests for him to be in Smash Bros before his reveal.

He is not competing with confirmed characters anymore, no, but they were still all picked over him.

And yes, I am butthurt, *** ravaged, in fact. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more upset with the roster on the entire forum.
LEt me ask you this.If K roil was annouced tomorrow would would be fine with the roster

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
LEt me ask you this.If K roil was annouced tomorrow would would be fine with the roster
It needs the complete big three with all of the questionable choices and characters I personally dislike and consider undeserving put on the roster. But yes, if "K. Roil" was announced, I'd be a hell of a lot happier and wouldn't be loudly complaining about it on a forum. Ridley's fanbase is more than capable of speaking for itself.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*Rool

Anyway, I don't really like a situation where one character would make or break the game for you.. . It's not exactly a healthy mindset to have. But of course it's a personal choice so I won't comment on it further.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It needs the complete big three with all of the questionable choices and characters I personally dislike and consider undeserving put on the roster. But yes, if "K. Roil" was announced, I'd be a hell of a lot happier and wouldn't be loudly complaining about it on a forum. Ridley's fanbase is more than capable of speaking for itself.
that's biased

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
*Rool

Anyway, I don't really like a situation where one character would make or break the game for you.. . It's not exactly a healthy mindset to have. But of course it's a personal choice so I won't comment on it further.
For me, one of several factors makes the game for me. At this point, the only characters I'm really looking forward to are Mega Man and Robin. Even with the lackluster roster (and I'll never think otherwise unless we get all Big 3, Dixie Kong, and Isaac, which is incredibly unlikely), K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie Kong, OR a decloned Ganondorf will make the game worthwhile to me. Decloned Ganondorf is already out, but if K. Rool, Isaac, or Dixie Kong are in the game, I'll be content. I'd FAR RATHER have K. Rool, but Dixie Kong would be good as well, DK just needs at LEAST one additional newcomer.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302

Literally only good newcomers

Mewtwo
Ridley
Little Mac
Mega Man

Robin
Villager
Shulk
Mach Rider
Palutena
Pac Man

Actively Bad:
Dixie Kong
Duck Hunt Dog
Impa
Rosalina
Chorus Kids

Cancer:
Lucina
Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr.
Dark Pit
Greninja
Mii #1
WTF
Mii #2
Mii #3

Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Snake
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Roy

I don't agree with your opinion on Impa or Lucina.... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Opinions are inherently biased. Mine's been set in stone a long time.

Now, if we want to talk about real bias, we can talk about people magically changing their opinions on Dark Pit and Mii the moment they get revealed.
I didn't want the Mii to be playable, but after I saw how they worked I liked them. Is that bias? I think it's just that I didn't imagine they could work that well. The same goes for WFT.

But guys, this is a K. Rool thread, stop going off-topic. We don't want this to turn into Ridley's Thread.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
While it would be inherently terrible if K. Rool wasn't in this game, the big thing about him getting in, that just makes it -so- important, is that he will fade out of existence if he fails to appear in this game. Do you really think he's going to be in Smash 5 if he wasn't in this one? Do you really think it was just that high of priority for Sakurai to add in Dark Pit and Dr. Mario? If he's not in this, Sakurai just doesn't care for him, and we'll need a new director. We're very much so in the same boat with Ridley in that regard.

Ridley has the luxury of guaranteed continued appearances in his series, though. Despite Metroid being remotely serious and having plot, the guy just keeps coming back time and time again. When it comes to Donkey Kong Country, we simply have to keep changing up the antagonists. It would simply be unrealistic if those crocodiles stole the banana hoard for the "thousandth" time. No, what we need is a group of tikis to come in and steal the bananas to power robots so their boss can grow a pair of hands. This makes far more sense.

Tropical Freeze acknowledged all of the complaints with Returns - including the Kremlings. It introduced a group of antagonists that had some soul to them, but with Fredrik especially it becomes clear that they're just trying to compromise because they refuse to use the Kremlings themselves. Many others have made the case of how much of a parody Fredrik is before. When asked about crocodiles back during Returns, Retro laughed. Based off the attitude they've shown, they have no intention of bringing K. Rool back, and Smash Bros. was largely the only way to force them.

Why would you want K. Rool anyway? Clearly Retro and the detractors were right. He's just a generic crocodile with a crown, right? Of course he isn't, but if he fades into obscurity, that's largely what his legacy will be.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I showed a friend of mine the leaked characters, and he about died from anger. He grew up with the Donkey Kong Country series and was really hoping to see King K. Rool. Now he said he's saving his money for Alpha Sapphire and then getting Smash whenever. :laugh:
I'd argue that Villager is deserving as well. Animal Crossing is a popular series.
I honestly think that Villager was the most needed newcomer. Animal Crossing really needed a character. Like really badly.
Now, if we want to talk about real bias, we can talk about people magically changing their opinions on Dark Pit and Mii the moment they get revealed.
Just seeing him be in this installment makes me want to vomit. If they wanted a clone character, there are more characters that are far more deserving to pick from. But you're right, since Sakurai added him to the game, he'll be the best thing since slice bread.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I showed a friend of mine the leaked characters, and he about died from anger. He grew up with the Donkey Kong Country series and was really hoping to see King K. Rool. Now he said he's saving his money for Alpha Sapphire and then getting Smash whenever. :laugh:
Tell your friend we aren't done with the roster yet. There's still hope.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Tell your friend we aren't done with the roster yet. There's still hope.
I'm trying to because I want to play Smash with someone locally. :grin:
You're right though, there's still hope for his inclusion. I couldn't image seeing that Kritter trophy everywhere just for nothing. However, I could be wrong. . .

I understand that the trophy doesn't necessarily mean King K. Rool is in, but it does mean that the Kremlings are being recognized in Smash, so those saying he can't be in due to him being "irrelevant"(which is BS in terms of Smash anyway) are wrong.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm trying to because I want to play Smash with someone locally. :grin:
You're right though, there's still hope for his inclusion. I couldn't image seeing that Kritter trophy everywhere just for nothing. However, I could be wrong. . .
I get that the Kritter Trophy keeps showing up but I don't think it's something that is planned. After all, aren't the trophies that appear random?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I get that the Kritter Trophy keeps showing up but I don't think it's something that is planned. After all, aren't the trophies that appear random?
That's actually more evidence FOR him purposely teasing K. Rool. They do appear randomly, so why do we get that damn Kritter trophy all the time? Sakurai seems to be subtly teasing DK content.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Regardless if our Kremling King is in or not, I'm still gonna get the game. I'm excited for most of the newcomers that have been officially confirmed (not really excited for Villager).

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Regardless if our Kremling King is in or not, I'm still gonna get the game. I'm excited for most of the newcomers that have been officially confirmed (not really excited for Villager).
Not buying the game because a single character isn't in is dumb. If you don't like most of the roster it's fine, but not buying it because of one is duuuuumb.

Also, about that Kremling trophy I'm pretty sure it has to mean something. Sakurai wouldn't show the same trophy so many times if it wasn't hinting something.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'll still get it I guess because of Mega Man and Bowser Jr. but for me, Sakurai's just given us more punching bags to use. I really hope that kremling trophy is more than just a tease.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Here's the thing.

When was this idea first brought up? It looks to be an interesting idea perhaps.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No crappy character roster will stop me from buying the game. The character roster just makes me more likely to want to buy the game early.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
With the new DLC Leak for Mario Kart 8, DLC in Smash is a bigger possibility now!
It just seems weird to me that K. Rool wouldn't be a high priority newcomer and thus on the disk if he was in. The argument can be made that people will actually buy K. Rool and that is why he's DLC, among others, though, so we have to see.

I hope that there's some vague chance K. Rool could show up in the Mario Kart game itself, too. Diddy Kong isn't in the base game, so a DK DLC pack will probably happen. . .The main problem is Dixie, Funky, and Cranky potentially taking all the slots, what with the bizarre nature of Mario Kart character selection. Link may not even be bringing anybody with him, so I could see nothing but Diddy and Funky/Dixie. Regardless, it's another potential chance for him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It just seems weird to me that K. Rool wouldn't be a high priority newcomer and thus on the disk if he was in. The argument can be made that people will actually buy K. Rool and that is why he's DLC, among others, though, so we have to see.

I hope that there's some vague chance K. Rool could show up in the Mario Kart game itself, too. Diddy Kong isn't in the base game, so a DK DLC pack will probably happen. . .The main problem is Dixie, Funky, and Cranky potentially taking all the slots, what with the bizarre nature of Mario Kart character selection. Link may not even be bringing anybody with him, so I could see nothing but Diddy and Funky/Dixie. Regardless, it's another potential chance for him.
I think a DK DLC pack for MK8 is quite possible. Most likely, it'd contain Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool. If K. Rool is going to be brought back in future games, they're going to want to promote it. If K. Rool is in Smash Bros. (and frankly, out of all possible remaining newcomers, K. Rool and Ridley make the most sense, as both of them have actually been teased; the only thing going for Dixie is leaks). Well, ok, K. Rool himself hasn't been teased, but they have teased the Kremlings, which is the next-best thing.

Still, I'll be participating in anything that comes up for the Kremling Kampaign now since K. Rool's chances have dropped.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
With the new DLC Leak for Mario Kart 8, DLC in Smash is a bigger possibility now!
This is true and should give everyone here a reason to feel happier and not so heartbroken. DLC would be absolutely fantastic for Smash, so even if we don't get certain highly requested characters like K.Rool, there is always the possibility of him being included later. If Animal Crossing characters can be in Mario Kart, I don't see why K.Rool can't be in Smash.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This is true and should give everyone here a reason to feel happier and not so heartbroken. DLC would be absolutely fantastic for Smash, so even if we don't get certain highly requested characters like K.Rool, there is always the possibility of him being included later. If Animal Crossing characters can be in Mario Kart, I don't see why K.Rool can't be in Smash.
WAIT WHAT??!!?

Animal crossing ends up in Mario Kart ?!? I need to check that out...

[visits http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Add-On_Packs]

Holy. ****. That's true. Not only that, you can also get Link or Cap's Blue Falcon.

That's intriguing - I thought the MK8 packs were only for commercial vehicles. Now, it looks like I may need to get it since Link has decided to trad in Epona for a shiny new bike.

But on topic: this does mean that DLC is a thing now. I can't remember too many Nintendo games (if any) where you were able to download extra playable characters. And here it is. Bring K.Rool into the game!
K. ROOL KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION!!

Last edited:

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
I'm probably just feeling especially bitter right now, but I feel like it's going to be a cheap victory if K. Rool gets in the game as DLC three years down the line after twenty other characters. By then, all of the rub will be gone and he won't be getting the boost that half of the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem Awakening casts are getting.

K. Rool deserves to be in this from day one, and so does Ridley and Mewtwo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
WAIT WHAT??!!?

Animal crossing ends up in Mario Kart ?!? I need to check that out...

[visits http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Add-On_Packs]

Holy. ****. That's true. Not only that, you can also get Link or Cap's Blue Falcon.

That's intriguing - I thought the MK8 packs were only for commercial vehicles. Now, it looks like I may need to get it since Link has decided to trad in Epona for a shiny new bike.

But on topic: this does mean that DLC is a thing now. I can't remember too many Nintendo games (if any) where you were able to download extra playable characters. And here it is. Bring K.Rool into the game!
K. ROOL KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION!!
I swear I started that. K. Rool Krushes the Kompetition. Awesome. :D Maybe someone else kame up with it before me, but if they did I certainly don't rekall. :D

I'm probably just feeling especially bitter right now, but I feel like it's going to be a cheap victory if K. Rool gets in the game as DLC three years down the line after twenty other characters. By then, all of the rub will be gone and he won't be getting the boost that half of the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem Awakening casts are getting.

K. Rool deserves to be in this from day one, and so does Ridley and Mewtwo.
Yes he does, and frankly, with how much those stupid Kritters keep getting teased, without the leak I'd say K. Rool's chances of being playable in the game are at about 90%. The leak drops it down, but Sakurai sure loves teasing that damn Kritter...

Last edited:
Top Bottom