• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai: the 3 most requested characters are mewtwo, ridley and k rool? Obviously they want more villains, let's put dark pit...

Seriously I think sakurai doesn't want to accept that dk is more loved than kirby and ki

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Sakurai: the 3 most requested characters are mewtwo, ridley and k rool? Obviously they want more villains, let's put dark pit...

Seriously I think sakurai doesn't want to accept that dk is more loved than kirby and ki
And apparently neither do his supporters. >_>

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Uh, Dark Pit isn't a villain. He is an anti-hero. He is a villain for a little more than one chapter and after that he just becomes Pit's rival. Dark Pit was probably not put in to meet some sort of villain quota.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking, so if we don't get Ridley, K Rool or Mewtwo (?), how many true and big villains do we have in the roster?

Let's see: Bowser, Ganondorf and ... Oh look that's it. Bowser Jr is Bowser's sidekick, and Wario and Dark Pit are more of anti-heros.

Awesome, freaking awesome. If this is the case, smooth move Suckurai. Just rename it to Super Smash Heroes. already :urg:

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I was thinking, so if we don't get Ridley, K Rool or Mewtwo (?), how many true and big villains do we have in the roster?

Let's see: Bowser, Ganondorf and ... Oh look that's it. Bowser Jr is Bowser's sidekick, and Wario and Dark Pit are more of anti-heros.

Awesome, freaking awesome. If this is the case, smooth move Suckurai. Just rename it to Super Smash Heroes. already :urg:
To be fair, you missed King Dedede.
But to be even more fair... Ganondorf barely counts since he's a clone and his moveset is an insult to the history of the characters game appearances.

I agree with you though. The bad guys really lost this time round.
I've already started a thread to complain about this here: :grin:
http://smashboards.com/threads/villains-in-smash-4.365427/

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and when he was possessed and when Kirby misunderstood his intentions for stealing the Star Rod. :/

Besides, Kirby Wii is the definitive proof that not Dedede nor Meta Knight are villains. So... yeah.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Oh right, good to know. I was always under the impression he was the Bowser of the Kirby series.
Haha well maybe at first... but just look at him, he's so goofy that he couldn't possibly be a villain xD

Well, back to topic... And not only villains, but also heavyweights! I'd say 90% of the roster is composed of middle-weight and light characters. But K Rool fills both premises perfectly: villain and heavy.

Smash just needs K Rool, he's long overdue. It's like holding Bowser back, it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace

I'm going to be seriously pissed if DP is the only villain we get, some (almost all) of the most requested characters are villains and we get an equivalent of toon pit?

Hahahahahaha NO!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, I still have hope, even what we have seen in this possible leak, not everything was unlocked, fact is we won't know the roster for another month, who knows who is left
Also I know the leaks keep pushing Dixie, but there has been a weird bit of subtle teasing towards K.Rool, as in the constant where's waldo appearances of the Kritter trophies in the PoTD, and the fact that Sakurai has never mentioned them by name once in either the Smash direct or any of the PotDs, unlike most other enemies. I think he still has a chance, its not as trollish as the Ridley scenario, but they're still there, perhaps he is going to be the SSB4 unlock equivalent of Wolf... though I still would like to believe he would be revealed before release, I would love a possible reveal trailer
Akso Mach Rider would make for a pretty cool retro rep now that I think about... Wait a sec, I just realized, of all our newcomers none are from the SNES era, now that's curious

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Oh right, good to know. I was always under the impression he was the Bowser of the Kirby series.
Dedede is more like Wario. A greedy guy who only cares about himself. He's not truly evil.

You could count Jr., since he still goes along with his dad's plans. But yeah, with Wolf gone, the amount is the same. And that's inexcusable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, we did get a villain in Bowser Jr, though I don't really understand his inclusion. He has been on the back burner as of late, being left out in 3D World and MK8.

Oh, and I was talking about this one a few pages back.

Word of mouth is that All-Star is somewhat credible, so make of it as you will.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
I'm going to be seriously pissed if DP is the only villain we get, some (almost all) of the most requested characters are villains and we get an equivalent of toon pit?

Hahahahahaha NO!
Dark Pit isn't even a villain by a certain point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I swear, if Dark Pit becomes more unique than Dixie Sakurai will be forever confirmed to be BIASED AS ****.

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
I think the reason Dark Pit is in is because he is pretty much the "Shadow the Hedgehog" of the Kid Icarus series.
Sakurai: "Oh, They want Shadow? Well I already made him an Assist Trophy... let's use Dark Pit instead!"

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I swear, if Dark Pit becomes more unique than Dixie Sakurai will be forever confirmed to be BIASED AS ****.
I thought he was already confirmed to be biased when Palutena was one of the main characters given the spotlight at E3, especially over a far more famous video gaming icon:troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the reason Dark Pit is in is because he is pretty much the "Shadow the Hedgehog" of the Kid Icarus series.
Sakurai: "Oh, They want Shadow? Well I already made him an Assist Trophy... let's use Dark Pit instead!"
No Sakurai Dark Pitted Dark Pit because Dark Pit.
I thought he was already confirmed to be biased when Palutena was one of the main characters given the spotlight at E3, especially over a far more famous video gaming icon:troll:
But Pac-Man and Mii suck anyway. It was the only right choice to make.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I wanted to post this on your VM wall because it probably looks more impersonal here, but character limits are kind of got in the way about it.

I'm not going to channel my disappointment about K. Rool's absence into anger against characters like Dixie or Dark Pit like some have been doing because that looks bad on us. But with the release date drawing near and things not looking so hot, I just wanted to thank you for the support thread and the campaigns and everything. What existed before as a candidate who deserved to be in but wasn't recognized outside some hardcore fans turned into a well-known candidate who was wanted by most and acknowledged by all. I know it doesn't really matter much, but your support and passion for Rool turned what was my number one most wanted character and my favorite Nintendo villain into a household name among Smash fans. I really can't thank you enough for that.

Hopefully this fandom continues even without a playable appearance and we see the king in a game again soon, on the battlefield or otherwise.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, we did get a villain in Bowser Jr, though I don't really understand his inclusion. He has been on the back burner as of late, being left out in 3D World and MK8.

Oh, and I was talking about this one a few pages back.

Word of mouth is that All-Star is somewhat credible, so make of it as you will.
He's not credible, all of the leakers have come forward and said he's full of crap and has no clue who the last characters would be. He was just feeding false information through the pictures just to make himself look credible and then mess around with the fanbase.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I haven't given up on our king completely. There's still that tiny glimmer of light left, and I'm gonna hold onto it till the very end.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

While I agree with you about the big 3 it's very likely that Dark Pit was just thrown in last minute like Lucina and had no effect on the initial roster.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He's not credible, all of the leakers have come forward and said he's full of crap and has no clue who the last characters would be. He was just feeding false information through the pictures just to make himself look credible and then mess around with the fanbase.
Well, there goes my last remaining bit of hope.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
C'mon guys, don't give up. Fight back until the very bitter end! Pirates don't surrender!
Also I got bored!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
what about the nikia leak that says ridley,dixie,mewtwo,mach rider, and impa are in the game atleast we could get 2 villans and dark pit(Who i think is awesome and all you guys are crazy to not think so) but who could hate the roster with those 5 DHD, Shulk, Bowser jr plus greninja,palutina,mii,paman,Robin,little mac,rosalina,Villager,wii fit trainer,and Megaman.Thats 18 newcomers with unqiue movsets.That's not counting the new clones Dark pit,Lucina, and i guess Doctor mario(i hate him but whatever).21 newcomers.However that's only if the nikia leak is real but if it is then **** yeah i don't see how anyone could be pissed.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
what about the nikia leak that says ridley,dixie,mewtwo,mach rider, and impa are in the game atleast we could get 2 villans and dark pit(Who i think is awesome and all you guys are crazy to not think so) but who could hate the roster with those 5 DHD, Shulk, Bowser jr plus greninja,palutina,mii,paman,Robin,little mac,rosalina,Villager,wii fit trainer,and Megaman.Thats 18 newcomers with unqiue movsets.That's not counting the new clones Dark pit,Lucina, and i guess Doctor mario(i hate him but whatever).21 newcomers.However that's only if the nikia leak is real but if it is then **** yeah i don't see how anyone could be pissed.
Dixie being playable instead of K. Rool is reason enough to be pissed. But yeah, people are overreacting, considering that list is fake.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Because that's "21" random newcomers picked over the single most deserving candidate.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While I agree with you about the big 3 it's very likely that Dark Pit was just thrown in last minute like Lucina and had no effect on the initial roster.
I think they might've literally decided on him since Palutena's reveal trailer.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't see why people would give up when:

1. Complaining is a thing.

2. Fan petitions are a thing.

3. The final roster hasn't been unlocked on Smash 3DS.

4. I guarantee you Smash WiiU will have more characters.

5. Via the Gematsu leaks and Bamco leaks, we are 100% GETTING CHARACTER DLC!!!

6. Guess who's a prime candidate for all that=???

THIS GUY!!!!

GTFO with the negativity, and start making the push!!!!

LET NINTENDO KNOW WHY YOU WANT KING K. ROOL PLAYABLE IN SMASH!!!!

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND GET HYPED!!!!

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dixie being playable instead of K. Rool is reason enough to be pissed. But yeah, people are overreacting, considering that list is fake.
i know we all would want K roil over Dixie but atleast Donkey kong is getting representation
Because that's "21" random newcomers picked over the single most deserving candidate.
I understand not liking the roster but stating characters like little mac,megaman and pacman don't deserve to be in the game is a bit ridiculous

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
i know we all would want K roil over Dixie but atleast Donkey kong is getting representation
Yes, DK is not under repped anymore, but it locks K. Rool to fade into obscurity if he is not in.

I understand not liking the roster but stating characters like little mac,megaman and pacman don't deserve to be in the game is a bit ridiculous
You have just listed the entirety of deserving newcomers added to this game as of now.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I don't see why people would give up when:

1. Complaining is a thing.

2. Fan petitions are a thing.

3. The final roster hasn't been unlocked on Smash 3DS.

4. I guarantee you Smash WiiU will have more characters.

5. Via the Gematsu leaks and Bamco leaks, we are 100% GETTING CHARACTER DLC!!!

6. Guess who's a prime candidate for all that=???

THIS GUY!!!!

GTFO with the negativity, and start making the push!!!!

LET NINTENDO KNOW WHY YOU WANT KING K. ROOL PLAYABLE IN SMASH!!!!

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND GET HYPED!!!!
Smash Direct said all characters are the same on both games... :glare:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Ad/Creator's Pet (Greninja was added while it was concept art and unnamed, seriously. Sakurai helped design the stupid thing.)
Ad
Ad/Creator's Pet

Sure, I forgot Shulk. Four deserving characters.
You really are gonna hate on this game becuase 1 character didn't get in.ONE out of 21 newcomers.That's mighty pity

Top Bottom