• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How many of these Smash Run bosses do we know of? I know we've seen Bonkers in E3 footage and we know of the large Kremling boss. Were there any others?
Bonkers, I think Bulborb is one, Kraid, and a large Kremling. I'm sure there are others as well.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
They said Kraid and a large Kremling. As far as Kraid goes, I can easily see a Mini/Fake Kraid as a Smash Run boss. Kraid is huge; those mini Kraid's are still fairly big as well, though.

Original boss? Not sure what you mean by that, but these event bosses can sometimes appear twice, but it usually doesn't happen. Which honestly debunks any notion of any specific character appearing that way. It'd be uncharacteristic for King K. Rool to appear as a random large boss that can appear multiple times. K. Rool isn't that big, either.
Original boss that isn't just an inflated regular enemy. Like Kraid or Dynablade or K. Rool. And while Mini-Kraid's a thing, we still haven't seen any evidence one of them is in Smash Run, right?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Also, a few months ago, there was one user on the 3DS sub-forum who said his French friend had encountered Galleom in Smash Run, though at this point, that's even less substantiated than Chunky, who at least had two unrelated people spy him.

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't this large Kremling be Kerozene as well? I think that description would fit him quite well.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
My three most wanted smash brothers characters are

1. King K Rool

2. Koopa the Quick

3. Megaman

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I figure some people think we will not be getting a newcomer tomorrow, but if we so happen to get two reveal videos, one at the beginning and one at the end, what do you think King K. Rool's chances of being in one of them are?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I figure some people think we will not be getting a newcomer tomorrow, but if we so happen to get two reveal videos, one at the beginning and one at the end, what do you think King K. Rool's chances of being in one of them are?
Why two? Do you mean one in the Direct and one in the media event?

I'd say the chances are slim-to-none we'll get two, but if there's a trailer at all, I'd find it fairly likely we might get either a DK trailer or a Villains Trailer. I honestly don't believe that Sakurai planned to announce in a trailer any of the "leaked" characters, I think they were probably fully planned to be unlockables.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I'd say the chances are slim-to-none we'll get two, but if there's a trailer at all, I'd find it fairly likely we might get either a DK trailer or a Villains Trailer.
I mean one at the beginning of the Nintendo Direct and one at the end.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I mean one at the beginning of the Nintendo Direct and one at the end.
If that kind of thing were to happen, it'd probably be in a Smash Direct, not the Japan only 3DS Nintendo Direct. We might get a character in that, but in all honesty, the only one I can see being announced is Isaac. I'd say Shulk, because he'd be more hype for Japan... except Shulk's games aren't on handhelds. Handheld gamers would be more likely to watch a 3DS Direct. Ridley being announced? Not likely, because its Japan only. K. Rool?

Well, K. Rool WOULD have a decent shot at it. They could announce a new DK game, perhaps a remake of DK64 or something, and K. Rool for Smash. But K. Rool would be hype worldwide, so I think he'd probably be announced worldwide rather than in a Japan only Direct.

Isaac, honestly, makes the most sense for a 3DS announcement. They could increase the hype by announcing Mewtwo and/or Ness alongside Isaac, as Pokemon is typically a handheld exclusive franchise as well. But I don't expect ANY character reveals in the Direct, and I won't unless Sakurai says anything about it.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm the only one who notices how weeeeeeeeird MrHomelessHobo's posts are.
I mean Koopa the Quick, seriously? ....Over the Mama Penguin? Crazy.

I took part of an old black and white DKC2 manga picture and colored it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I'd say the chances are slim-to-none we'll get two, but if there's a trailer at all, I'd find it fairly likely we might get either a DK trailer or a Villains Trailer. I honestly don't believe that Sakurai planned to announce in a trailer any of the "leaked" characters, I think they were probably fully planned to be unlockables.
I think that, if THIS particular leak was not planned, it was absolutely obvious to sakurai that the roster would be leaked ahead of time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think that, if THIS particular leak was not planned, it was absolutely obvious to sakurai that the roster would be leaked ahead of time.
I do agree, but I highly doubt it was actually planned. Granted, he probably did EXPECT it to get leaked, because it always gets leaked. There's no way to know for 100% sure what idiot will be the one to leak the roster, but he's keeping a tight lid on everything. Based on what I have heard, other regions like NoA occasionally get updated builds of the game and the characters represented in that build cover everything ESRB would've needed to know about the game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do agree, but I highly doubt it was actually planned. Granted, he probably did EXPECT it to get leaked, because it always gets leaked. There's no way to know for 100% sure what idiot will be the one to leak the roster, but he's keeping a tight lid on everything. Based on what I have heard, other regions like NoA occasionally get updated builds of the game and the characters represented in that build cover everything ESRB would've needed to know about the game.
Well, he changed his entire marketing plan this time, hell, the game, around spoilers this time, with SSE cut scenes completely overthrown for movies to introduce characters being a major ploy.
He has had the market strategy planned out from the beginning here, when it comes to reveals (slated many tmes to have had them completely decided on from day when).

Call me crazy, but, if he knew the likelihood of a leak, and the above facts being true, he would have had to have accounted for how to plan it in.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, he changed his entire marketing plan this time, hell, the game, around spoilers this time, with SSE cut scenes completely overthrown for movies to introduce characters being a major ploy.
He has had the market strategy planned out from the beginning here, when it comes to reveals (slated many tmes to have had them completely decided on from day when).

Call me crazy, but, if he knew the likelihood of a leak, and the above facts being true, he would have had to have accounted for how to plan it in.
Sorry, I thought you meant that he himself planned the leak, not that he planned FOR a leak.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If there's a character announcement in tomorows Direct it will most likely be a character that was wanted in Japan most so probably Shulk......Though for some reason I feel like there won't be any character announcements tomorow

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If there's a character announcement in tomorows Direct it will most likely be a character that was wanted in Japan most so probably Shulk......Though for some reason I feel like there won't be any character announcements tomorow
The only problem with that theory is that its a 3DS exclusive Direct and Shulk isn't a handheld character at all. That's what makes me think Shulk probably wouldn't be the one announced if we do get a character.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The only problem with that theory is that its a 3DS exclusive Direct and Shulk isn't a handheld character at all. That's what makes me think Shulk probably wouldn't be the one announced if we do get a character.
I agree however if that leak is anything to go by there isn't really any characters left unannounced that are primarily on handhelds. Tbh if I was to guess a character reveal based on handheld exclusivity I'd say we'll get Chorus Men/Marshall tomorrow. I mean Rhythm Heaven is well received in Japan and is mainly a handheld series. I could see that happening. Which would also show there are certainly characters that aren't unlocked.

Edit: lol I should stop saying tomorrow because it's clearly later today......lack of sleep not helping me

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree however if that leak is anything to go by there isn't really any characters left unannounced that are primarily on handhelds. Tbh if I was to guess a character reveal based on handheld exclusivity I'd say we'll get Chorus Men/Marshall tomorrow. I mean Rhythm Heaven is well received in Japan and is mainly a handheld series. I could see that happening. Which would also show there are certainly characters that aren't unlocked.

Edit: lol I should stop saying tomorrow because it's clearly later today......lack of sleep not helping me
Obviously it'd have to be a character not in any leaks. Like Robin was when everyone thought Gematsu was Gospel. :D

Annex

Smash Ace
Yo people in here GIVING UP HOPE is disgusting
We're obviously getting one more big reveal before release and it's obviously going to be a villains trailer AND THERE IS NONE MORE OBVIOUS THAN ...ganondorf.
but the king is second

oh and I better see at least a few kutthroats in here waving the flag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x17E0PCsrns

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
10 mins for the Direct. Let's see...

EDIT: Who said no Smash Bros. news? Ha!

Last edited:

Sanastro

Smash Rookie
Hi,

Did anyone figure out who the guy is that arrives in the end of the Shulk trailer? I'm not familiar with Xenoblade ...
For a short moment I thought about King K. Rool on the Flying Krock...

Although the shape of the shadow doesn't really look like a crocodile head...

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Hi,

Did anyone figure out who the guy is that arrives in the end of the Shulk trailer? I'm not familiar with Xenoblade ...

Metal Face, from Xenoblade.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Well... Now the leak is 102% legit, so we'll really see Dr Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog too.

But where's the King?!

Hi,

Ehhh as much as I'd love to believe it's K Rool, I think it's just another Xenoblade character.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This horrible Shulk video is further proof that Sakurai knew there would be a leak.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Why is it horrible? (Haven't seen it yet...)
It isn't, it is absolutely fantastic. I recommend watching the japanese version though, he has a weird Australian accent in the english one. I am not a Shulk supporter and I've never played Xenoblade, but that trailer was so cool!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It isn't, it is absolutely fantastic. I recommend watching the japanese version though, he has a weird Australian accent in the english one. I am not a Shulk supporter and I've never played Xenoblade, but that trailer was so cool!
Uh, everyone in Xenoblade has some form of Brittoid accent.
Also how is that bad?
Also why are we not talking about K. Rool anymore?

Top Bottom